INTRO: SmackDown Live began with the contract signing to make Sami Zayn and CM Punk's WWE Championship match at Judgment Day official. Once the two were sat across from each other, Punk said that he wouldn't normally congratulate anyone for any accolade, but he needed to at least acknowledge the work that Zayn has put into his career. "You and I are more alike than I want to admit. We were both told time and time again prior to getting to WWE that we'd never make it here. And even once we did, we were still told the same crap over and over again about how we weren't good enough to last around here. We never gave in to their words, and now, we can both say that we were WWE Champion. But... at Judgment Day, you're going to be able to say that you lost your one and only WWE Championship to 'The Best in the World' because as soon as I have that title in my hands for the fifth time in the three years, I'm not letting it go." Zayn agreed that he and Punk share many similarities, and for the WWE Universe, this is a dream rivalry of sorts. "And it's one for me as well because when I signed with WWE and played out scenarios in my mind of who I'd like to step into this ring with, you were at the top of the list, Punk." Zayn said that being able to beat Punk on his first Pay-Per-View as part of the main roster to become WWE Champion made every hardship worth it, and just like Punk, he doesn't intend on letting the WWE Title slip away from him. Both superstars signed the contract when Bobby Roode's entrance music sounded, 'The Glorious One' walking down to the ring with a contract of his own in his hands. Roode approached Zayn and told him not to get comfortable with the thought of taking on CM Punk at Judgment Day because last week, he was told that if he wanted a WWE Championship opportunity, all he needed to do was lay out the challenge. Roode presented Zayn with a contract for a title match next week in London, England. Zayn signed the dotted line, putting his spot against Punk on May 31st in jeopardy. Roode stepped onto the table, getting set to shout his signature phrase before Zayn and Punk pulled him down by his legs. Roode crashed through the table, Zayn picking up his WWE Championship to raise it in the face of Punk.
MATCH: Samoa Joe and Baron Corbin's one-on-one encounter ended in a double count-out when the two began brawling on the outside, both superstars refusing to acknowledge the official's ten count. A plethora of officials had to be called out to the scene to separate Joe and Corbin, their rivalry continuing to see who truly is the most imposing figure on SmackDown Live.
SEGMENT: Backstage, Dean Ambrose was shown walking down a corridor, eating from a bowl of noodles with his hand when the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion Tyler Breeze approached him. Ambrose extended his hand out, Breeze glaring at it in disgust. 'Prince Pretty' told Ambrose that they probably got off on the wrong foot last week, but he now realizes that Ambrose was only trying to perfect the craft of the selfie. "You'll never even come close to perfecting it, but under my tutelage, you'll become one of Instagram's key models in no time." Breeze asked for Ambrose to follow him to the ring to "watch and learn," 'The Lunatic Fringe' not really questioning Breeze's intentions.
MATCH: While Tyler Breeze battled Mojo Rawley, Dean Ambrose watched from ringside while the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion tried to demonstrate to him how to take a selfie. Bo Rotundo stood in Rawley's corner, cheering on his tag team partner. "You've got this, Mojo! I Bo-lieve in you!" he shouted. Breeze was ultimately able to put Rawley away with the Beauty Shot before he called Ambrose into the ring. Breeze slowly handed Ambrose his cell phone for a selfie. Ambrose held the phone upside down, which prompted Breeze to try to take it back. The two had a tug of war that ended with the phone flying out to ringside, cracking on the floor. Breeze stared at the remains of the phone in shock before turning around and striking Ambrose! Breeze took the selfie stick that previously held his now-decimated phone, using it to hit Ambrose in the back! 'The Lunatic Fringe' fell to the canvas while Breeze stood over him, irate over the loss of his cell phone that he had turned into his life.
SEGMENT: At this time, the Championship Side Plate Ceremony that had previously been held for the WWE Championship took place once again, only this time it was for the SmackDown Women's Championship. SmackDown Live Commissioner Shane McMahon watched as the female talent of Team Blue got a glimpse at what their future could hold. Alexa Bliss entered the ring first, her side plates being the same as they were for when she held the WWE Women's Title. 'Little Miss Bliss' is the only participant in the Elimination Chamber match who held the Women's Title, but she isn't the only one who knows what it feels like to be champion. As Alexa was leaving, Kaitlyn walked down to the ring next. 'The Hybrid Athlete' glanced at her side plates that had camo designs in blue and gold. Kaitlyn was counted out of the title picture by many in the WWE Universe until her victory over Alexa at Backlash, putting her into a position where she's actually now one of the favorites to leave Judgment Day with the gold. Allie was the next superstar out, jumping with joy when she saw that her side plates feature bunnies on them. Allie came into WWE through the TNA acquisition, but was forced to endure months of hell as Stephanie McMahon's assistant. Now a free woman, Allie hopes to realize her championship potential that Paige spoke about back at Battleground. Once Allie left the scene, Becky Lynch showed up. 'The Irish Lass Kicker' has the support of the WWE Universe heading into the Elimination Chamber match, but she has yet to take advantage of a title opportunity. She lost to The Addiction in an NXT Tag Team Title match in Houston. Her chances of challenging for the NXT Women's Title were dashed by The Iconic Duo. Now, with the SmackDown Women's Championship dangling right in front her, Becky needs to seize this moment. On the subject of The Iconic Duo, Billie Kay and Peyton Royce were the last two to step into the ring for the ceremony. Per their request, their side plates were the same: the silhouettes from their t-shirts. After seeing the title plates, Peyton then told Shane that she and Billie would prefer to share a pod in the Elimination Chamber match rather than be separated from each other. "That won't be necessary," Shane stated. The SmackDown Live Commissioner informed The Iconic Duo that they'll have to make a decision between now and Judgment Day. "One of you will start the Chamber match, and the other will enter last." Normally, a superstar would be pleased to learn that they'll be entering an Elimination Chamber match last, but not The Iconic Duo. The chances of them being able to work as a unit are almost nonexistent. If Billie and Peyton want to be able to stand side-by-side with each other in the Elimination Chamber, one of them needs to go through the entire field in order to meet up with her 'Iconic Life Partner.'
MATCH: Ahead of the Tag Team Turmoil match at Judgment Day to crown the first-ever SmackDown Tag Team Champions, The Alpha Wolves were able to reassert their dominance by putting down PMA with a Brainbuster/Superkick combination to Solomon Crowe. The Alpha Wolves' new attitude could be what leads them back to the top of the tag team division at Judgment Day.
SEGMENT: Backtage, SmackDown General Manager Kurt Angle was shown in his office when Samoa Joe walked in, 'The Samoan Submission Machine' apologizing for creating a chaotic earlier in the night with Baron Corbin. "It's just that I've been in this industry long enough to see guys like Baron Corbin come and go. They all say the same thing, that they're going to take the spot that I've earned. And the minute they fail, they're out the door and don't even give pro wrestling a second chance." Angle said that he understands Joe's frustrations. "Believe me, I know what it's like to piss you off. I wouldn't want to be Baron Corbin right now because I'm going to give you two the opportunity to settle the score. I ask that you both take some time off next week while SmackDown Live tours the UK, but in two weeks, you and Corbin will meet one-on-one in the only manner I can think of to make sure this is the end: a Steel Cage. Not only that, but I'm going to raise the stakes. The winner of that match will be the first entrant into SmackDown's Money in the Bank Ladder match in June."
MATCH: When Fandango issued an open challenge to compete in his first match on SmackDown Live, Paige answered the call. 'Princess Anarchist' marched down to the ring, striking Fandango immediately across his face. Paige had a brief moment of vulnerability when Fandango decided to showboat, gyrating his hips. Paige responded with a kick below the belt to Fandango, the official calling for the bell after the blatant disqualification. Paige struck Fandango with The Antithesis before heading out to ringside, taking a steel chair. The official, assuming that Paige was going to use it on Fandango, tried taking it away. Paige was able to pull the chair away from the official before setting it down onto the floor. Paige took a seat in the chair, waiting at ringside for the main event that featured one of her two current rivals on SmackDown Live.
MATCH: In a non-title match, The Miz battled the Intercontinental Champion, Cody Rhodes. Miz had to keep an eye on Paige, who sat at ringside for the entire match. Rhodes and Miz took each other out with Clotheslines when TJ Perkins began walking down to ringside. Paige immediately stood up from her seat, slid into the ring and launched herself onto TJP with a Suicide Dive! The official briefly exited the ring to try to get TJP away from the premises. Paige tried to use that opening to go after Miz, but when she went for The Antithesis, 'The Awesome One' sidestepped it, causing Paige to strike Rhodes on accident! Miz threw Paige out of the ring before covering Rhodes, the official hurrying back in to make the three count. "The Miz just pinned the Intercontinental Champion!" Nigel McGuinness exclaimed. Miz stood over Rhodes, shouting in his unconscious face before Paige re-entered the ring. Paige was able to corner Miz and strike him repeatedly until TJP pulled her away with a German Suplex onto the back of her neck. Miz took Paige, planting her face-first with the Skull Crushing Finale. Miz and TJP raised each other's arms, the two villainous superstars standing tall together until TJP delivered a Superkick to The Miz! 'The Awesome One' collapsed onto the canvas before TJP headed out to ringside, grabbing Rhodes' Intercontinental Championship. After staring at the center plate of the championship, TJP leveled Paige in the side of her head with the title! The fans in Greensboro showered TJP with boos as he stood over the fallen bodies of three of the WWE's top stars in Rhodes, Miz and Paige.
- Miz just pinned the WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes in the main event and if anything that should at least warrant him a WWE Intercontinental Championship match. Miz got the win all in part thanks to the distractions set by TJP but also Paige getting involved in this match or trying to. I wonder if Cody Rhodes the WWE Intercontinental Champion will blame Paige for costing him the match? Cody should blame Paige because she had no business being out there even if it was to try to do something to Miz but then Paige laying out TJP with a Suicide Dive only for Miz to hit Paige with a Skull Crushing Finale was a thing of beauty. TJP then laying out Miz out of nowhere with a Superkick was shocking. TJP and Miz for the best part have been allies and to see TJP turn on Miz was shocking to say the least. TJP then laying out Paige with the IC Title belt and being the only one out of the 4 of them to stand tall definitely means that TJP wants the WWE Intercontinental Championship.
- Fatal 4 Way Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship at Judgment Day with Cody Rhodes having to defend his title against not only Miz and TJP but also against Paige too I mean that's a great semi-main event at least for Judgment Day.
- I wonder just what in the hell is going on with Paige? I mean she gets herself intentionally disqualified against Fandango and then she wanted to lay him out with a chair...I mean seriously? I guess I can't really blame Paige given everything that has been happening to her as of late with Miz and with TJP and Fandango I guess was just wrong place wrong time.
- Samoa Joe/Baron Corbin in a Steel Cage Match here on Smackdown Live with the winner of that match being the first one to qualify for the Smackdown Live Money in the Bank Ladder Match...that is some huge implications because I think it is safe to say both men are capable of not only winning that match but also being a favorite to win the Money in the Bank briefcase at least on the Smackdown side of things
- The Alpha Wolves beating PMA...I love this new change of attitude from Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards and I love this heel turn of theirs. It is almost like these 2 ever since they have been drafted over to Smackdown Live they have had this huge chip on their shoulders and they want to re-establish themselves as the premier tag team not only in WWE but here on Smackdown Live and they have more or less reinvented themselves ever since turning heel to begin with. Alpha Wolves are my picks to become the first ever Smackdown Live Tag Team Champions in Tag Team Turmoil.
- The 6 women who will be in the first ever Women's Elimination Chamber Match to crown the first ever Smackdown Live Women's Champion see their side plates should they win the title inside the Chamber...I loved it because realistically any one of the 6 women in the match can walk out champion. As for who I am picking to win? I am picking Kaitlyn to walk out the first ever Smackdown Live Women's Champion
- IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion Tyler Breeze beating Mojo Rawley just goes to show us one thing that Prince Pretty ever since coming to Smackdown Live in the Brand Extension Draft that coming up from NXT to the main roster that Prince Pretty is on a roll. Hell even though he came up short in the WWE Championship tournament he has more than made up for that here with this win and then him attacking Ambrose just goes to show us that this will lead to not only a rivalry with Ambrose but also that it will lead to a match between these 2 at Judgment Day.
- I can somehow see this match turning into a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship with Zayn defending his title against not only Roode but also against Punk and Zayn having to face both of them for the title especially after that disaster of a Contract Signing
May 19th, 2014 | Episode 006 |"The Last Diva Standing"
INTRO: The unit of Chris Jericho, Michael Bennett, Maria Kanellis and the new United States Champion Adam Cole kicked off Monday Night RAW from London, England. Jericho stated that throughout 2014 thus far, he's been obsessed with trying to fight against 'The New Era.' What he realized is that what he should have been doing all along was try to shape the current landscape of WWE into his own vision. "What I needed was an era that I could call my own. That's where these fine people come in." Jericho said that when he returned to the company prior to the Royal Rumble, Adam Cole was the only superstar to call him out on the fact that he was becoming 'washed up' by just treading water and repeating the same shtick every time he popped up again. "Adam Cole is everything that you could ever want a professional wrestler to be," Jericho stated. Where Bennett and Maria fit in was through Cole's past with them in Ring of Honor before they all signed with NXT. Cole knew that Bennett and Maria deserved a platform, and when Jericho proposed the idea of this faction, he brought their names to the table immediately. Jericho referred to the faction as The Undisputed ERA, a name derived from Jericho's accolade as the first-ever Undisputed Champion. Undisputed ERA stood tall in the ring before Daniel Bryan arrived through the audience, taking flight from the top rope with a Crossbody onto Jericho, Bennett and Cole! Bryan was able to hold his own against Undisputed ERA for a brief moment before Cole struck him with the United States Championship! Bennett and Jericho held Bryan up while Jericho slapped him across his face a few times, proceeding to add Bryan to 'The List of Jericho.' Cole then brought Bryan onto his shoulder, bringing him down with a Brainbuster onto his knee. For the second week in a row, Bryan could not overcome the numbers advantage held by Jericho, Bennett and Cole - The Undisputed ERA.
MATCH: In one final contest between the two teams, The Revival and The Addiction met in a Two-out-of-Three Falls match for the right to challenge Wrestling Royalty for the WWE Tag Team Championships at Bad Blood in thirteen days. Revival not only managed to score the first fall, but the second one as well with a Shatter Machine to Christopher Daniels. Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder finished the match with a 2-0 score over The Addiction, punching their ticket for Bad Blood. At that moment, Ted DiBiase and Joe Hennig made their way down to the ring as the Tag Team Champions for the first time since the night after WrestleMania XXIX. DiBiase and Hennig raised the titles, their feud with The Revival continuing as they'll meet for the championships in Boston at Bad Blood.
SEGMENT: At this time, several of the UK's participants in the Cruiserweight Classic were shown at ringside. Pete Dunne, Marty Scurll, Mark Haskins and Will Ospreay, who was the only one already eliminated from the tournament. The Cruiserweight Classic will conclude on Wednesday, June 18th, with a two hour special from the CFE Arena, live on the WWE Network.
MATCH: Randy Orton battled 'Broken' Matt Hardy, one week removed from 'The Viper' costing The Wyatt Tribe the WWE Tag Team Championships. After an RKO put down Hardy, Orton took a microphone and said that he's unsure of what The Wyatt Tribe's reasons were for attacking him two weeks ago, but he didn't care. "If you take a shot at 'The Viper,' you better be ready to pay the consequences. Not only did The Wyatt Tribe face them last week, but Pentagon is going to have to deal with me again at Bad Blood.' Orton was then interrupted by Maxine, who spoke on behalf of Wyatt and Pentagon. Maxine told Orton that much like Paige a number of months ago, The Wyatt Tribe saw a damaged, tortured, vicious soul within him that needed to be saved. "Only this time, it wasn't Bray Wyatt who noticed it. It was Pentagon. The lengths you were willing to go to beat Kevin Owens at No Mercy showed us that we are your family, Orton. You belong in The Wyatt Tribe, and one way or another, we will make you one of our own." When Orton exited the ring and walked up the entrance ramp towards Maxine, the signature of The Wyatt Tribe went off. The lights came back on and Maxine was nowhere to be seen.
SEGMENT: The Undisputed ERA walked through the curtain once again, only this time, they headed into Dario Cueto's office on the side of the stage. Dario informed the group that Daniel Bryan has chosen to invoke his rematch clause for the United States Championship at Bad Blood, but it comes with a twist that he himself wasn't even expecting. "Bryan doesn't want just Adam Cole at Bad Blood. He wants the entire Undisputed ERA. It's going to be a Gauntlet match for the United States Title." The Undisputed ERA began laughing uncontrollably, not believing that Bryan actually wanted a Gauntlet match against them. "He really is a stupid idiot," Jericho said before leaving the office with Cole, Bennett and Maria.
SEGMENT: WWE Women's Champion Emma headed down to the ring, asking the WWE Universe members in London if they were aware of what day it was. She averted her head towards the titantron where a highlight video of the first-ever Last Diva Standing match began playing, the fans applauding. The video progressed about ten seconds before cutting to a recap of Emma's career up to that point, featuring "Monster" by Starset. Emma took the Last Diva Standing match and turned it into a segment about herself. "One year ago, Paige and AJ Lee changed professional wrestling forever... or at least, that's what the narrative is supposed to be. But one year after Last Diva Standing, who do you see in this ring as the Women's Champion? Is it Paige? Is it AJ? No! And that's because it's like I've been saying to each and every one of you ever since I got here! The women's division is all! About! Me!" Emma stated that the way she sees it, her being where she is now without Paige and AJ proves that she's the one true 'Last Diva Standing.' Emma's celebration was then interrupted by the Hardcore Champion Sofia Cortez, who was taken out by Emma backstage last week. Sofia picked up a kendo stick from underneath the ring, Emma suddenly changing her stance that was previously arrogant and daring. Sasha Banks then entered the ring through the audience, tapping Emma on her shoulders. 'The Boss' shouted a few words at Emma before the Women's Champion tried leaving the ring. When she turned around, she was struck in the face with the kendo stick from Sofia! Emma held her face while Sasha delivered the Backstabber! Emma rolled out of the ring, Sofia and Sasha simultaneously grabbing both the Women's and Hardcore Championships. The two stared at one another, Emma remaining down at ringside with a swollen face after the kendo stick shot.
MATCH: As promised last week by Stephanie McMahon, Heath Slater was granted an opportunity at a contract if he could show up to London and appear ready to compete. Slater stood in the ring when Stephanie introduced his opponent, who was also fighting for a job opportunity. Formerly known as Rockstar Spud, Drake Maverick made his way out to a massive ovation from the UK audience. Slater was able to defeat Maverick following a Neckbreaker, 'The One Man Band' celebrating as he was now a part of the Monday Night RAW roster after not being drafted last month. "Congratulations, Heath! You now have the honor and privilege of being my assistant!" Stephanie said, Slater's expression changing instantly. Slater competed for the chance to become a superstar again. Not Stephanie's assistant. "I'm gonna... I'm gonna need some time to think about that, Steph," said Slater. The RAW Commissioner was offended by Slater's hesitance to accept the job offer before telling him that he should just stay home in his broken down trailer with his kids. Before Stephanie could leave the ring, Maverick latched onto her leg, begging for the assistant job that Slater didn't want. "I don't care if these people think lesser of me for taking a job that pays big money! What do they know?!" Maverick declared that UK fans made him embarrassed to be British, which spawned negative responses towards him. Maverick continued to beg for the job, Stephanie then proceeding to hire him.
SEGMENT: A highlight video package for Batista was shown, 'The Animal' set to return to one-on-one action for the first time in nearly a year when he meets Braun Strowman at Bad Blood. Next week, Batista will be live on Monday Night RAW for a face-to-face confrontation with 'The Monster Among Men.'
MATCH: R-Truth was quickly put away by Matanza Cueto after a Wrath of the Gods, Dario's baby brother trying to pick Truth back up for another one. That was then Kevin Owens' entrance music sounded, the confused audience believing that Owens was going to try to make the save for Truth. Instead, Owens threw Truth into the ropes and planted him with a Pop-Up Powerbomb. Owens stared down Matanza before they were interrupted by Bobby Roode. 'The Glorious One' headed into the ring, keeping his distance from both Owens and Matanza while he delivered The Glorious DDT to Truth. Roode, Matanza and Owens remained in the ring before the signature of The Wyatt Tribe went off. When the lights came back on, Bray Wyatt was standing in the ring with them. Wyatt noticed Truth attempting to crawl out of the ring, prompting him to finish Truth off with Sister Abigail. After the four Elimination Chamber participants used Truth to send messages to each other, Seth Rollins' entrance music hit. Rollins made his way down to the ring for his main event match up against the Universal Champion, Derrick Bateman.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Straight from the office of RAW General Manager Dario Cueto, there will be a Triple Threat match at Bad Blood for both the WWE Women's and Hardcore Championships. Emma versus Sofia Cortez versus Sasha Banks.
MATCH: Matanza Cueto, Kevin Owens, Bobby Roode and Bray Wyatt remained at ringside for the main event encounter between Seth Rollins and the Universal Champion, Derrick Bateman. After Bateman countered Rollins' Spingboard Knee into a a Sit-out Spinebuster, Triple H pulled the official out of the ring. Bateman stared at Hunter, Mauro Ranallo making a comment that it was almost as if the two were staring into a mirror because of their similarities as heinous, calculative champions on RAW. Bateman was rolled up by Rollins, who only did so to get the champion onto his knees. When Rollins went for the Curb Stomp, Roode swiped at his ankles. Roode, who challenges Sami Zayn this Thursday for the WWE Championship, went after Bateman himself to try to send a message directly to the Universal Champion. The rest of the Elimination Chamber participants entered the ring, a chaotic brawl breaking out. The commotion soon came to a halt when red lights began flickering with the sound of a heartbeat accompanying them. Finn Balor's kicked in as 'The Demon' appeared in the ring, full body paint for the first time on television. "'The Demon' is in London!'" shouted Corey Graves. Balor, who held a steel chair, attacked all of the Elimination Chamber participants, laying waste to the six of them before turning his attention to Triple H. 'The Game' tried to enter the ring, but every attempt he made was thwarted when Balor swung the chair at him. Hunter headed up the entrance ramp, irate while vowing to get back at Balor somehow. 'The Demon' stood tall over Bateman, Rollins, Owens, Roode, Wyatt and Matanza, showing Triple H what he's capable of when his alter-ego is brought out from within.
- Batista showing up on RAW next week to have a confrontation...face to face man to man eye to eye with Strowman and that is a moment in of that of itself. To me Batista/Strowman is a Dream Match and the fact that it is happening at Bad Blood in a First Time Ever Match just means that we are in for a treat. I think that this match just may in fact be Batista's swansong here in WWE and why I say that? Batista is a Hollywood box office attraction now just like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is and since it is 2014 Batista just finished filming Guardians of The Galaxy. Batista no doubt is doing press tours and all that for Marvel so of course he is not going to be sticking around here in WWE for too much longer. Not to mention Batista is going to be filming the James Bond 007 film Spectre with Daniel Craig soon here in this diary anyway. Batista is a mega-star at this point so really does Batista need WWE?
- WWE Universal Champion Derrick Bateman's match with Seth Rollins ending in a No Contest because of the fact that the 4 other Elimination Chamber Match participants got involved here in this match and it turning into a melee was inevitable given their mere presence at ringside not to mention Triple H who is Rollins' mentor also getting involved. The unexpected ending of Finn Balor showing up but not showing up as himself but showing up as The Demon as The Demon King for the first time on WWE TV here on RAW and The Demon King laying out everyone with a steel chair just goes to show you that The Demon only comes out on special occasions. The Demon face to face with Triple H...Triple H no doubt was scared and he was in retreat.
- Triple Threat Match for the WWE RAW Women's Championship and the WWE Hardcore Championships all on the line in the same match with Emma defending her title against the WWE Hardcore Champion Sofia Cortez and against Sasha Banks with Sofia's title also being on the line in this match...that just screams high stakes in this match
- Glad Slater he didn't take the job of being Stephanie's assistant...at least he has more integrity and more self-respect than that but who takes the job? None other than Rockstar Spud of TNA who is now known as Drake Maverick here in WWE...he takes the job as Stephanie's errand boy I mean he essentially was Dixie Carter's errand boy in TNA and now he is one again in WWE but for Stephanie McMahon. I just can't believe how far he has fallen really.
- Daniel Bryan getting his rematch for the WWE United State Championship at Bad Blood against not only Adam Cole but he also faces Jericho and Bennett all in a Gauntlet Match...Bryan really either has to be really stupid or he has to have a death wish facing all members of this new group The Undisputed Era...I wonder if Bryan actually can get the job done and win back the WWE United States Championship? Or will the Undisputed Era keep the title right where it is within their camp?
- The Revival becoming #1 Contenders for the RAW Tag Team Championships beating The Addiction in 2 Out of 3 Falls...I mean aren't both tag teams essentially heels? If they are I wonder who the fans despise more? Or who did the fans even cheer for in this match seeing as how both teams are not necessarily fan favorites? I mean The Revival ever since coming to RAW in the Brand Extension Draft have more or less been on a roll and now that they get Wrestling Royalty again but this time for the RAW Tag Team Championships I wonder if this rivalry will culminate in a stipulation match at Bad Blood given the rivalry?
- Orton beating Broken Matt Hardy...I mean how far has Broken Matt Hardy fallen? I mean he has been on a downward spiral even since before the Brand Extension Draft hell ever since losing the WWE Hardcore Championship what has Broken Matt really done since then? He has become more or less an afterthought in WWE whereas Orton on the other hand has more or less been on a roll
- I can see this Orton/Wyatt Tribe rivalry turning into Orton turning heel and joining The Wyatt Tribe only to turn babyface on them...he joins them and then breaks them up from within similar to what Orton did in real life when he joined The Wyatt Family
May 21st 2014 | Episode 006 | "Welcome to Slam Town"
MATCH: NXT went on the air with Kyle O'Reilly's first in-ring appearance as the NXT Champion. Backed by Bobby Fish, O'Reilly was pitted against Biff Busick, who was trying his luck for the second week in a row against an established NXT superstar. O'Reilly countered a Brainbuster attempt into the Guillotine Choke, Busick soon submitting. Fish raised O'Reilly's arm while the latter held the NXT Championship with the other.
MATCH: While their tag team partners have qualified for next week's Fatal Four Way Number One Contenders match, Uhaa Nation and NXT Tag Team Champion Jinder Mahal battled it out one-on-one. As Uhaa was attempting a Suicide Dive, the opening bass line from SAnitY's theme music sounded. The song did not progress beyond that, leaving Uhaa puzzled and on the lookout. Nonetheless, Uhaa went for the Suicide Dive, only to be struck with the NXT Tag Team Title! Mahal was disqualified, but 'The Modern Day Maharaja' didn't care as he had left Uhaa lying on the floor.
SEGMENT: Backstage, Charly Caruso was standing by with Toni Storm, who will take on NXT Women's Champion Nicole Matthews next week in a non-title match. When asked if she's ready for the challenge, Toni said that she knows Nicole will be more dangerous next week. "She's already lost to Ember Moon and Nikki Cross, poor can't catch a break. And she won't have the chance to redeem herself because she's got me next week. I'm sure that ol' Nicole is going to pull out all the stop so she doesn't go 0-3 against her top contenders, but it's just too bad that her last dance happens to be with me." Toni declared that next week, it'll be "Toni Time" when she beats Nicole Matthews.
MUSIC CREDIT: "Chicago" by the legendary Frank Sinatra is one of the official theme songs for NXT TakeOver: Chicago. "Chicago", along with other Sinatra classics, is available now on iTunes and Spotify.
MATCH: Paul Heyman's newest client, Lars Sullivan, was able to make short work of Cruiserweight Classic participant Raul Mendoza with what Tom Phillips referred to as The Freak Accident. Lars remains undefeated on NXT, and with Heyman by his side, is there anyone who could stop 'The Leviathan' on his way towards the top of the brand?
MATCH: The final qualifying match for next week's main event saw Kenny Omega compete in an NXT ring in Full Sail for the first time, taking on John Morrison. The NXT Universe was firmly behind 'The Cleaner,' despite having previously shown appreciation for Morrison. During a Flying Chuck attempt from Morrison, Omega caught him with an incredible V-Trigger! Omega hoisted Morrison onto his shoulders, having The One Winged Angel be countered into a pinning predicament. After Omega kicked out, Morrison charged towards him. Omega struck 'The Shaman of Sexy' with one more V-Trigger before finally finishing him off with One Winged Angel. Omega rose to his feet, his arm being raised in victory while the entire NXT Universe applauded him. 'The Cleaner' punches his ticket to next week's Fatal Four Way match. Who will challenge Kyle O'Reilly for the NXT Championship at NXT TakeOver: Chicago? Drew McIntyre, Tye Dillinger, Ricochet or Kenny Omega?
MATCH: Continuing the second round of the Cruiserweight Classic was a contest between Marty Scurll and Chris Sabin. After taking Sabin down with a huge forearm strike, Scurll got the cover that Sabin managed to kick out of. When Sabin raised his shoulder, Scurll got a grip on his hand, proceeding to snap his fingers! Scurll applied a Crossface Chickenwing that Sabin was unable to fight his way out of. Scurll advances to the quarter-finals, ready to compete against Mark Haskins with a trip to the CFE Arena on June 18th up for grabs.
MATCH: 'The Hunter' versus 'The Gentleman.' King Cuerno and Jack Gallagher provided fans with one of the hardest-hitting encounters in the tournament thus far. When Gallagher went in for a Headbutt, Cuerno caught him with an elbow to the side of his head, followed by a Superkick! The dazed Gallagher had no time to recover as Cuerno planted him The Thrill of the Kill. Cuerno will have to wait until next week's match between Kota Ibushi and Cedric Alexander to see who he will be meeting in the quarter-finals.
MATCH: In one of the most anticipated bouts of the second round, Kenny Omega battled Gran Metalik for the first time ever. Omega propped Metalik on the top rope, trying for a Sunset Flip. Metalik countered it into a Frankensteiner attemp, but Omega was able to hold onto the top rope. That allow Omega to turn the maneuver into an Avalanche One Winged Angel! Omega got the cover on Metalik, getting his second victory of the evening on the WWE Network. Omega, who is considered by many to be the favorite to win the Cruiserweight Classic, is now to set to collide with either Alex Shelley or Andrade 'Cien' Almas in the quarter-finals.
- It seems Kyle O'Reilly is becoming quite the NXT Champion as of late winning yet another match and doing it in such a decisive manner. The fact that Bobby Fish didn't even have to get involved in this match and that O'Reilly won it on his own just goes to show us that O'Reilly is not only a capable NXT Champion but just think about how much better he can get going forward with Fish in his corner. O'Reilly finds a way to win and this match here against Busick proved it.
- One half of Uhaa Nation and Ricochet beats one half of the NXT Tag Team Champions Jinder Mahal as Uhaa Nation won the match all be it by DQ. I mean Sanity's music plays and Uhaa Nation of course is distracted which allows Jinder Mahal to lay out Uhaa Nation with the NXT Tag Team Title belt getting DQed on purpose. I mean it wasn't about winning the match but making a statement more or less which Jinder did but just goes to show us that Sanity are in the heads of Uhaa Nation and Ricochet.
- Lars Sullivan continues to impress me week after week and the fact that he has aligned himself with Paul Heyman just goes to show us that he will become NXT Champion. It is only a matter of time if you ask me I mean Lars is undefeated and no one in NXT has beaten him. No one has been able to and not to mention all the traits Lesnar has all that Lesnar is Sullivan is today and then some.
- Kenny Omega qualifies for the Fatal 4 Way in the main event by beating NXT and WWE veteran John Morrison in a back and forth match. I mean Omega was guaranteed to go over anyway but considering he is already in the Cruiserweight Classic and then here in NXT I mean you obviously want to build him up as a big deal here in NXT so him going over Morrison makes sense. However, Morrison he did have this match won and could have won it easily.
- Fatal 4 Way of Tye Dillinger vs Kenny Omega vs NXT Tag Team Champion Drew McIntyre vs Ricochet...as for who I think will win it? I say Kenny Omega wins and goes on to face O'Reilly for the title
MATCH: Opening SmackDown Live in London, England was the WWE Championship match between Sami Zayn and Bobby Roode. 'The Glorious One' was looking to enter the Elimination Chamber match at RAW's Bad Blood already as the WWE Champion, maximizing his 'Unique Opportunity' he earned at WrestleMania. Pushing Roode into a corner during a Glorious DDT attempt, Zayn connected with the Helluva Kick to pick up his first successful defense of the WWE Title. As Zayn celebrated with the gold, CM Punk's entrance music sounded. 'The Best in the World' walked down to the ring, staring down the man he now knows for sure he'll meet at Judgment Day for the WWE Championship.
SEGMENT: At this time, Tyler Breeze and Dean Ambrose were set to meet one-on-one. Not in a match, but in a Selfie Contest that Breeze had organized. Breeze had a new iPhone mounted on his selfie stick, while 'The Lunatic Fringe' was supplied with an outdated flip phone. Both superstars were given thirty seconds to take as many selfies as they could before they were projected onto the titantron. Breeze took a plethora of photos, showing off a variety of facial expressions. When Rob Naylor asked the WWE Universe if they believed Breeze was the winner, everyone booed. Ambrose's selfies were put onto the screen next, showing that he never tried to pull off any facial expressions. His default face was displayed in the three selfies he took, yet the fans applauded when asked if they thought Ambrose was the better of the two competitors. Ambrose was declared the winner of the Selfie Contest, leading to an irate Breeze trying to attack him with the selfie stick again. This time, Ambrose dodged the stick, planting Breeze with Dirty Deeds! Before leaving the ring, Ambrose took Breeze's selfie stick, taking a photo with the incapacitated 'Prince Pretty.'
MATCH: Tyson Kidd and Adrian Neville managed to pick up even more momentum heading into the SmackDown Tag Team Championship match at Judgment Day by putting away The Shining Stars with a Red Arrow to Epico. Kidd and Neville's crowd reactions showed that they have to be considered the favorites to leave Judgment Day in nine days with the brand new titles.
MATCH:In a rematch from Backlash, Alexa Bliss was able to extract her revenge against Kaitlyn by defeating her with a Twisted Bliss. As Alexa was standing tall in the ring over her foe, she was struck from behind with a picket sign from Peyton Royce! Billie Kay rolled Alexa out of the ring, The Iconic Duo proceeding to hold what they called 'The Iconic Protest' against SmackDown Live Commissioner Shane McMahon and his call to divide them in the Elimination Chamber match. "This is outrageous! This is egregious! This is despicable!" Peyton shouted, Billie repeating every final word in each sentence. While Peyton continued to air her grievances, Billie noticed that Alexa was beginning to stir to her feet on the outside. "Get her!" said Peyton while Billie exited the ring, picking Alexa up and throwing her into the barricade. "What is Shane's problem with The Iconic Duo?! Hell, what is ANYBODY'S problem with The Iconic Duo?!" Billie waited for Alexa to rise to her feet before striking her with a Big Boot! Billie joined Peyton back in the ring, the two declaring that no matter how Shane tries to stack the deck against then, they will leave the Elimination Chamber match as the SmackDown Women's Champion.
PROMO: Next week, Samoa Joe and Baron Corbin will settle the score once and for all in a Steel Cage match, and the stakes were raised by SmackDown General Manager Kurt Angle. The winner will be named the first entrant into the Money in the Bank Ladder match on June 22nd that guarantees the winner a future opportunity at the WWE Championship.
MATCH: In the second of two matches to promote the SmackDown Tag Team Championship match at Judgment Day, The Usos were able to pick up yet another victory by defeating Antonio Cesaro and Kassius Ohno, following a Splash from Jimmy to Cesaro. In nine days, will the entire SmackDown Live tag team division be welcomed to the 'Uso Penitentiary' when Jimmy and Jey complete their four year odyssey to the Tag Team Titles?
SEGMENT: Backstage, a furious Bobby Roode was shown leaving the arena after losing his WWE Championship match earlier tonight against Sami Zayn. Renee Young caught up with Roode, asking if he believes he'll stick around SmackDown Live after failing in his quest to become WWE Champion? Roode stated that he earned the right to be a free agent at WrestleMania, so he intends on utilizing that. "So... now what?" Renee asked, Roode saying that he knows exactly what to do now that he's out of the WWE Title picture for the time being. "Here's how I bounce back from this. At Judgment Day, I will prove my worth as the hottest free agent in professional wrestling by taking on the man who has carried this company for over a decade. In the middle of his hometown in Boston, I will beat John Cena!" Roode exited the scene, laying out the challenge to Cena for a match in nine days.
MATCH: Now knowing for a fact that he'll be taking on Sami Zayn at Judgment Day for the WWE Championship, CM Punk entered the squared circle to take on Mojo Rawley. With his partner Bo Rotundo still in America creating a training regiment for Bo-Jo, Rawley ended up failing in the biggest match of his career by becoming the victim of a Go To Sleep. WWE Champion Sami Zayn watched the contest from the announce table, Punk approaching him post-match. The two stared off yet again, Punk vowing to capture Zayn's championship at Judgment Day.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Next week, the six participants in the Elimination Chamber match at Judgment Day will compete against each other in three separate singles matches. Becky Lynch vs. Peyton Royce, Allie vs. Kaitlyn, and in the main event, Alexa Bliss vs. Billie Kay.
MATCH: A homecoming for Paige as 'Princess Anarchist' wrestled in the United Kingdom for the first time since last April, the night that AJ Lee betrayed her. This time, Paige went up against another one of her toxic rivals in the form of TJ Perkins. Unlike their contest last month on SmackDown Live, TJP displayed a more aggressive in-ring style, perhaps showing how much the WWE Universe's resentment has changed him as a performer. After Paige Dropkicked him out of the ring, TJP crawled towards the time keeper's area. When Paige tried going after TJP, he picked up a steel chair and struck her in the head with it! The bell was called for as Paige collapsed onto the floor, TJP smiling at the UK audience that booed him mercilessly. Paige picked her head back up, showing a wound with blood beginning to drip. TJP rolled Paige into the ring, taking the steel chair with him and repeatedly striking her in the back! Numerous officials arrived to restrain TJP, Nigel McGuinness even getting up from his seat at the announce table to check on Paige. TJP exited the ring briefly before running back in. The officials thought TJP was going to attack Paige again, but all he did was stand over her bloodied face and dab. "This.... this is the man who could become Intercontinental Champion at Judgment Day," Rob Naylor stated while TJP was ordered out of the ring by SmackDown Live General Manager, who told him that he would be fined for hitting Paige in the skull with a chair. "Go ahead," TJP said to Angle with a smirk on his face, Paige still unconscious in the ring with blood covering her face in front of a UK audience.
- I mean that is what Paige gets for trying to step into the men's division or the price she pays for staying in it. TJP with a vicious, heinous attack on Paige not only hitting her right in the head with a chair but busting her open with the chair and hitting her with it repeatedly just goes to show us that TJP will be the most hated superstar in the WWE right now. Hell he is already the most controversial superstar after what he has done and the thing about it is that he doesn't even care but rather thrives on it. To think TJP could be the next WWE Intercontinental Champion provided he wins the Fatal 4 Way Match at Judgment Day and out of any superstar in the WWE I would say he has the most heat on him right now as a heel which is great. This does wonders for TJP going forward because not only did he do this in Paige's hometown but he did it in front of Paige's friends, family and hell even Nigel McGuiness even tried to get involved. I wonder if we will get an explanation from TJP next week?
- CM Punk proving that he is on a roll as his roll continues with him beating Mojo Rawley in what was a back and forth test but Punk is focused heading into Judgment Day focused not just on Zayn but focused on becoming WWE Champion again. Punk is a 4 time WWE Champion in this diary and he wants to make it a 5th title. Punk is virtually obsessed with becoming WWE Champion again just as he should be but Punk clearly is in the head of Zayn or Zayn is in the head of Punk.
- Cena he will definitely accept Roode's challenge that much is certain
- The Usos beating The Kings of Wrestling just proves that The Usos are the favorites to not only become the first ever Smackdown Live Tag Team Champions but The Usos may just be as good as they have ever been hell ever since this heel turn has happened they have reinvented themselves and it has done wonders. They are picking up momentum but then again Cesaro & Ohno have been losing steam as a tag team and it just may be time to break them up because it clearly is not working anymore.
- Alexa Bliss is really coming into her own as a babyface especially here on Smackdown Live beating Kaitlyn here...Alexa Bliss getting attacked by Iconic I would have thought that Kaitlyn would have been attacked too by Iconic but Iconic definitely made a statement here
- Zayn retaining his WWE Championship in his first title defense as champion by beating Bobby Roode to go on to Judgment Day to face Punk...it just goes to show us that Zayn is not just a flash in the pan as WWE Champion
INTRO: The final episode of Monday Night RAW before Bad Blood on Sunday kicked off with The Wyatt Tribe as Maxine spoke about "The Prophecy" that Bray Wyatt and Pentagon will realize in Boston. First, Pentagon will turn Randy Orton into one of theirs by any means necessary. "It didn't need to be like this, Randy. You could have given in to the calling of The Wyatt Tribe the second you had the chance. Instead, The Tribe must now sever the head of 'The Viper.'" Maxine then spoke about the Elimination Chamber match and how Bray Wyatt will bring the Universal Championship where it belongs. "He graced his 'Family' with the WWE Championship one year ago... and on Sunday, The Tribe seizes the Universal Title." Wyatt was handed the microphone to finish off the promo with his signature yell of, "Follow! The Buzzards!" However, before he could complete the phrase, Randy Orton unknowingly slid into the ring and delivered an RKO to Maxine! 'The Viper' slithered out of the squared circle as quickly as he arrived, Pentagon and Wyatt both shouting at him from a distance. Orton gave his signature taunt on the stage, letting Pentagon and the rest of The Wyatt Tribe know that he also has 'Cero Miedo' heading into Bad Blood on Sunday.
MATCH: In the first of three contests previewing the Elimination Chamber match on Sunday, Kevin Owens was able to put away Bobby Roode with a Pop-Up Powerbomb. "Kevin Owens has said before that a big part of what fuels his desire to become Universal Champion is the fact that for the last three weeks, the WWE Universe has reminded him every day that Sami Zayn is the WWE Champion. Owens won't allow his legacy to be cemented as the guy who came in second place between the two of them. This Sunday, we're going to see the most dangerous form of Kevin Owens we ever have," Corey Graves said.
SEGMENT: At this time, WWE Tag Team Champions Wrestling Royalty headed down to the ring, where Dario Cueto stood waiting for them. The RAW General Manager stood next to a stand in the center, removing a red cloth to unveil the brand new RAW Tag Team Championships, designed in red and silver. Dario stated that this Sunday, the winners of the match between Wrestling Royalty and The Revival will be declared the final WWE Tag Team Champions, as well as the first-ever RAW Tag Team Champions. Ted DiBiase called it "appropriate" that Wrestling Royalty will be the last team to ever hold the current incarnation of the Tag Team Titles, but that isn't good enough for them. This isn't the end of the road. This isn't a fairytale story that they're a part of right now. This is the resurgence of their careers and they intend on breaking the 374 day record they set as WWE Tag Team Champions. That led to The Revival interrupting Wrestling Royalty, Scott Dawson stating that this title reign is DiBiase and Hennig's final taste of glory. "You guys were gifted with your good luck charm in Randy Orton when you beat The Wyatt Tribe two weeks ago to become champions again." On Sunday, Wrestling Royalty will need more than good luck against them. "This is going to be the final time you two hold ANY Tag Team Championships," Dash Wilder added. Dario stepped in between the two teams because as much as he loves violence, he wants them to hold in their frustrations for just six more days to ensure that this RAW Tag Team Title match is as personal as possible.
MATCH: While it wasn't for the Hardcore Championship like they had anticipated, Sofia Cortez and Sasha Banks finally had their one-on-one match. When Sofia tried springboarding off the second rope for the La Sicaria DDT, RAW Women's Champion Emma suddenly appeared and struck her in the forehead with a kendo stick! The bell was called for as Emma entered the ring, leveling Sasha as well with the stick. 'The Last Diva Standing' - as she proclaimed herself - continued to fire away with kendo stick shots to both women before she was stopped by officials. Emma headed up the entrance ramp, raising the RAW Women's Championship that she plans on retaining while gaining the Hardcore Championship at the same time at Bad Blood.
SEGMENT: Footage from after RAW in London last week aired at this time, an irate Triple H being approached by Renee Young after 'The Game' witnessed Finn Balor in his 'Demon' form lay waste to the entire Elimination Chamber field. Renee never even got to ask a question as Hunter shouted that he'll make Balor pay and realize once and for all that you never bite the hand that feeds you. Hunter laid out a challenge for Balor to show up to Bad Blood as 'The Demon' and meet him in the ring for a face-to-face confrontation, because he refuses to give Balor what he wants and agree to a match.
SEGMENT: With a plethora of officials and security members in the ring, Braun Strowman made his way into the arena in Knoxville for his meeting with the man he'll take on this Sunday at Bad Blood, 'The Animal' Batista. Once Strowman was in the ring, he stood his ground while the WWE Universe chanted Batista's name repeatedly. Finally, "I Walk Alone" sounded to a thunderous response. For the first time in nearly a year, Batista marched down to the ring on Monday Night RAW, meeting Strowman face-to-face. Strowman took a microphone and told Batista that he has no idea why he would challenge him to a match for Bad Blood, "But if you've got a death wish and want to get these hands, then it would be my pleasure!" Batista removed his sunglasses and told Strowman that when they had their meeting in the Unique Opportunity Battle Royal at WrestleMania, he knew that a match between them was inevitable. "As much crap as I've given the WWE Universe - and they know they've given me plenty in return - the energy I felt from them in that moment was unlike anything I've felt before. This is the match they wanted, and you know what? It's that match that I want!" Strowman become more infuriated and approached Batista, the two big men now chest-to-chest as the officials and security members were forced to get involved. Strowman pushed everyone holding him back out of the way, as did Batista before 'The Animal' and 'The Monster Among Men' began trading strikes! "Here we go! Batista versus Braun Strowman!" Mauro Ranallo shouted ecstatically. Strowman pushed Batista into the ropes before being hit with a massive Clothesline! Strowman rolled out of the ring, the officials and security staff holding him back and not allowing him to get back into the ring. Batista was restrained as well, chants of "Let them fight!" engulfing the Thompson-Boling Arena.
MATCH: A first time ever encounter between two more of RAW's juggernauts as Bray Wyatt met Matanza Cueto ahead of the Elimination Chamber match for the Universal Championship. The contest spilled to the outside, where Wyatt drilled Matanza through the barricade with a Running Crossbody! Both Wyatt and Matanza were counted out, leaving their score one that has to be settled in the confines of the Chamber on Sunday.
SEGMENT: A clip was shown from one of Carmella's training sessions with James Ellsworth, Big Cass holding a camera to capture the moments. Ellsworth started off with a Double Leg Takedown, performing one on Carmella first. "James... get off of me," Carmella stated as Ellsworth still lied on top of her for more than a few seconds after the takedown. When it was Carmella's turn to do the takedown, she succeeded, but struck Ellsworth a few times in the face as a receipt. The two tried Hip Tosses next, Ellsworth telling Carmella that she needed to work on them. "I need to work on Hip Tosses?!" Carmella screamed before kicking Ellsworth below the belt, following up with a Hip Toss. Carmella exited the ring, Cass focusing his camera on the beaten Ellsworth.
MATCH: In Six Man Tag Team action, The Undisputed ERA of Chris Jericho, Michael Bennett and the United States Champion Adam Cole were able to overcome Daniel Bryan and The Addiction following a Knee Brainbuster from Cole to Christopher Daniels. The Undisputed ERA stood tall on the stage, mocking Bryan's "Yes!" taunt. This Sunday, Bryan must run the Gauntlet against The Undisputed ERA if he wants to regain the United States Title.
CARD RUNDOWN: On the Bad Blood Kickoff, Triple H will call out 'The Demon' Finn Balor. Onto the main card, Aleister Black makes his anticipated in-ring debut; Daniel Bryan takes on The Undisputed ERA in a Gauntlet match for the United States Championship; Wrestling Royalty defend the WWE Tag Team Championships against The Revival in a contest where the winners will be crowned the first-ever RAW Tag Team Champions; Batista battles Braun Strowman; Pentagon looks for retribution on behalf of The Wyatt Tribe against Randy Orton; Emma, Sasha Banks and Sofia Cortez collide with both the RAW Women's and Hardcore Championships on the line; And in the main event, Derrick Bateman puts the Universal Championship up for grabs against Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt, Kevin Owens, Bobby Roode and Matanza Cueto in an Elimination Chamber match. Bad Blood is live this Sunday on Pay-Per-View and the WWE Network.
MATCH: With a No Holds Barred stipulation implemented, Universal Champion Derrick Bateman and Seth Rollins met in a rematch from last week. After laying Bateman's carcass across a table at ringside, Rollins soared through the air with a Frog Splash, but he wasn't able to capitalize quickly enough as Bateman got his shoulder up at two. Rollins went for Advada Kedavra, which Bateman was able to evade. Bateman picked up a steel chair that had been introduced earlier, throwing it at Rollins' head! Bateman followed up with a TKO onto the chair, covering Rollins to score the victory. Bateman crawled up the entrance ramp with his Universal Title, Mauro Ranallo noting that if this is what Bateman looks like after a No Holds Barred match, imagine what the sight of 'The God of The New Era' will be after the Elimination Chamber match. "I don't think Bateman cares what he looks like as long as he has the Universal Title, but even he would have to admit that this is the most his reign has ever been in jeopardy," Corey Graves added. Is this the final time the world will see Derrick Bateman as the Universal Champion?
SEGMENT: In the final minute of RAW, a vignette was shown for Aleister Black, the individual who will be making his in-ring debut this Sunday at Bad Blood. The video showed Black sitting cross-legged with a circle of candles surrounding him. In the background were various images of RAW superstars including Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton and the Universal Champion, Derrick Bateman. Afterwards, the video focused on Black's closed eyes before glancing back at the images that had been crossed out in black ink. A snippet of Black's entrance music could be heard, but the song stopped once Black opened his eyes, leading to the video fading out, or rather, fading to black.
- Aleister Black's debut is in a matter of days and with him debuting at Bad Blood it begs the question of if he will debut in a segment or if he will debut in an impromptu match that is made at the last minute. However, Black is a blue chipper hell he was a standout in NXT and now that he is here on the main roster he can go really anywhere but up. Furthermore, it begs the question of who his first feud will be with?
- Derrick Bateman the WWE Universal Champion beating Seth Rollins in a heel vs heel rematch in a Battle of the Most Despised however in a No Holds Barred Match is very telling. It is very telling in the sense that Bateman it doesn't matter who he faces or who is put in front of him he finds a way to win. Hell he beat Hunter's protégé in no time and Bateman proving once again that he will do anything really anything to walk out of Bad Blood still the WWE Universal Champion. However, in an Elimination Chamber Match it is not only every man for himself but it also comes down to luck of the draw. If Bateman starts the Chamber Match then there is no realistic way he can walk out still the champion however if he comes out of his Chamber like 5th or 6th then he has a realistic chance of walking out still the champion.
- The Undisputed Era of Chris Jericho, WWE United States Champion Adam Cole and Michael Bennett...this newly formed stable in their 1st match together as a unit they manage to beat Daniel Bryan and The Addiction (Kazarian & Daniels)...it just goes to show us that The Undisputed Era as a unit here on RAW they are damn near effective as a group but then again Bryan I don't see how he can run the Gauntlet especially successfully in order to win back the WWE United States Championship from Adam Cole. However, Jericho & Bennett I can see them as the tag team of this trio and if that happens then I could see them going for the RAW Tag Team Championships eventually.
- It is at least clear to me that Carmella doesn't need training and she I think can definitely handle herself in the ring especially in the RAW Women's Division
- Batista and Strowman coming to blows with Batista standing tall and Strowman having to be restrained is definitely something I didn't see coming that's for sure. I would have thought that Strowman would have easily overpowered Batista or left him laying. I am surprised Strowman didn't take out the whole entire security team or even Batista for that matter. They may have temporarily but if they could do that just think about what these 2 could do to each other at Bad Blood.
- I can see Triple H bringing his trusty sledgehammer especially if he is going to be calling out Finn Balor in his Demon form...but The Demon Finn Balor I can see him playing supernatural mind games with Triple H like playing with the lights...lights going out messages on the titantron sort of thing or a lot of Demons showing up with Finn Balor and Triple H not knowing which one of them is the real one
- Another heel vs heel contest with the leader of The Wyatt Tribe Bray Wyatt going up against the RAW GM Dario Cueto's brother Matanza Cueto...and that match ending in a Double Countout I would have thought for sure that the RAW GM would have gotten involved here in this match or even The Wyatt Tribe with Pentagon and Maxine getting involved but this result pretty much protects Matanza Cueto's undefeated streak in the sense that Matanza he hasn't been pinned or even been made to submit
- WWE Hardcore Champion Sofia Cortez and Sasha Banks' match ending again in a No Contest because of the WWE RAW Women's Champion Emma getting involved yet again basically leaving both of her opponents laying in the middle of the ring with a Kendo Stick with her standing tall...Emma sent yet another message that she will do anything to not only retain her title but also walk out the new WWE Hardcore Champion too and I would say after this attack she definitely has the upper hand heading into Bad Blood
- Wrestling Royalty and The Revival's match at Bad Blood won't just crown the last ever WWE Tag Team Champions but it will crown the first ever RAW Tag Team Champions too...now this match I am definitely interested in seeing at Bad Blood and given their match at WrestleMania was such a classic I think we are probably in for more of the same at Bad Blood
- Heel vs heel match yet again with Kevin Owens beating free agent Bobby Roode...I mean after this match I would say Bobby Roode is losing even more momentum because he lost his WWE Championship opportunity when he lost against the WWE Champion Sami Zayn in a title match and then here on RAW he loses against one of his fellow Elimination Chamber opponents in Kevin Owens too on top of it. Safe to say Bobby Roode his downward spiral ever since becoming a free agent just continues to get worse so I wonder if Roode can really walk out of the Chamber as the new WWE Universal Champion? I mean Kevin Owens he has been on a roll lately well ever since his former best friend now bitter rival Sami Zayn over on Smackdown Live became WWE Champion...Owens feels like he has a lot to prove inside the Chamber but can he get the job done? Can Kevin become WWE Universal Champion?
- Randy Orton sure sent a message...RKO outta nowhere but he hit it on a woman hitting it on Maxine of The Wyatt Tribe and then getting the hell outta dodge before Wyatt or Pentagon could get their hands on him...just goes to show us just how quick Orton can hit that RKO and also he can get you when you least expect it. I mean Orton he has Pentagon at Bad Blood anyway so no doubt he got under Pentagon's skin here. Mind games to the fullest and Orton is one of the best at it in WWE.
May 28th 2014 | Episode 007 | "The Road to Chicago is Paved in Gold"
MATCH: NXT opened with NXT Women's Champion Nicole Matthews' final challenge on the road to TakeOver: Chicago, now taking on Toni Storm after having already lost to Ember Moon and Nikki Cross in previous weeks. When Toni was looking to deliver a Shining Wizard - a nod to Nixon Newell, who was set to begin in NXT with Storm before injury - Nicole pulled the official into the way! Storm inadvertently caught the official in his thigh with her knee, apologizing before Nicole rolled her up with a grip on her attire to steal the victory! Nicole rolled out of the ring and took back the Women's Title, raising it while Toni glanced at her in disbelief. So desperate to not go 0-3 against her top contenders, Nicole uncharacteristically resorting to underhanded tactics to defeat Toni.
SEGMENT: At this time, a special video package for tonight's Fatal Four Way main event aired, featuring one of NXT TakeOver: Chicago's theme songs, "Better Day" by Islander. At the start of the journey to this match, Drew McIntyre managed to defeat Uhaa Nation to qualify. The following week, Tye Dillinger punched his ticket against Magnus. Ricochet avenged Uhaa's previous loss by defeating Jinder Mahal to advance, and last week, Kenny Omega put away John Morrison to complete the picture. The stage is now set, and one of those four superstars will challenge Kyle O'Reilly in Chicago for the NXT Championship.
MATCH: Matt Riddle made his presence known once again in Full Sail University, this time picking up a victory over Murphy via the Bromission. 'The King of Bros' continues to build up momentum here in NXT on the road to TakeOver: Chicago.
SEGMENT: Next week, NXT Commissioner William Regal and General Manager Portia Perez will reveal the NXT Women's Championship match for TakeOver: Chicago.
MATCH: The time had finally come to determine Kyle O'Reilly's challenger for the NXT Championship at TakeOver: Chicago. Kenny Omega, Tye Dillinger, Ricochet and Drew McIntyre took their battles to the outside, Ricochet even leaping off of the stage onto all three of his foes. When Ricochet rose to his feet on the entrance ramp, SAnitY slowly walked onto the stage, staring Ricochet down for what was clearly going to be another assault. However, Uhaa Nation emerged with a steel chair as his equalizer, successfully fending off SAnitY. Ricochet was thrown into the ring by McIntyre, who charged into him with a Claymore Kick. As soon as McIntyre stood up, he was caught with a V-Trigger by Omega! The NXT Universe roared as Omega got the cover on McIntyre, but just before the official could count to three, Jinder Mahal pulled Omega out of the ring! Mahal and Omega brawled up to the stage, where 'The Modern Day Maharaja' planted Omega with The Khallas! Mahal was forced to exit the scene, leaving Omega laid out across the stage. Back in the ring. McIntyre looked for another Claymore Kick, this time to Dillinger. 'The Perfect Ten' managed to catch McIntyre's leg in time, slingshotting him into a corner. The dazed McIntyre walked right into the Tye Breaker, Dillinger covering him to score the three count! "Chicago, get ready for 'The Perfect Ten!'" Michael Schiavello exclaimed over the raucous crowd. Dillinger had his arm raised for what was the biggest victory of his career thus far. The "Ten!" chants were deafening in the Full Sail Arena as we now know that the score between Dillinger and O'Reilly will be settled in the biggest way possible. After two TakeOver contests, the rubber match will take place in the main event of TakeOver: Chicago for the NXT Championship!
May 28th, 2014 | Episode 007 | "Finish Line in Sight"
MATCH: Only two matches remained in the second round of the Cruiserweight Classic, and we kicked things off with Andrade 'Cien' Almas taking on Alex Shelley. Towards the conclusion, Almas and Shelley traded chops to the chest before Shelley got the upper hand with a Superkick. Shelley attempted the Sliced Bread, but Almas was able to stop him by perching one-half of the Motor City Machine Guns onto the top rope. Almas brought Shelley down from the top turnbuckle with a Hammerlock DDT, covering him to get the victory. 'El Idolo' will advance to the quarter-finals of the tournament, and awaiting him is his biggest challenge to date: Kenny Omega.
MATCH: To cap off the second round, Kota Ibushi battled Cedric Alexander in what turned out to be one of the most hard-hitting, grueling and exciting matches of the entire tournament. After a Lumbar Check, Ibushi rolled out of the ring, Alexander deciding to throw caution to the wind and leap over the top rope. After taking out Ibushi, Alexander rolled him back into the squared circle, hoping to finish him off with one more Lumbar Check. Ibushi, however, landed on his feet, catching Alexander upside his head with a Roundhouse Kick. After a backhand slap, Ibushi hoisted Alexander onto his shoulders, delivering the Golden Star Powerbomb to advance to the quarter-finals! Ibushi survives in the Cruiserweight Classic, and now, he must shift his focus to 'The Hunter' King Cuerno.
QUARTER-FINALS: Mark Haskins vs. Marty Scurll; Johnny Gargano vs. Pete Dunne; Kenny Omega vs. Andrade 'Cien' Almas; Kota Ibushi vs. King Cuerno. The winners of each match will advance to the two-hour live special from the CFE Arena on June 18th in the Cruiserweight Classic Finale.
- Tye Dillinger becomes #1 Contender for the NXT Championship beating Omega, McIntyre and Ricochet in the Fatal 4 Way...I mean I wasn't expecting Dillinger to really walk out of this match the winner but it makes the most sense given his rivalry with the NXT Champion O'Reilly. It basically not only sets up a rubber match but it also gives them a chance to settle the score once and for all.
- I wonder if this is the start of Nicole Matthews the NXT Women's Champion turning heel? I mean she pretty much used underhanded heel tactics to beat Toni Storm so it begs the question of if Nicole Matthews will virtually do anything to ensure that she stays NXT Women's Champion because if she could use these tactics to win a match then it makes me wonder just what she won't do
- So it begs the question of who will get the NXT Women's Championship match at NXT TakeOver: Chicago?
INTRO: With only two days remaining until Judgment Day, TJ Perkins kicked off SmackDown Live, beginning his promo by stating that he might owe the WWE Universe a small bit of an apology. "It wasn't until I truly realized how ugly and malevolent much of you are that I was able to come out of my shell and be myself for the first time in my career. Before coming to WWE, I prided myself on being somebody who the world could be proud of. A superhero like the ones that I grew up idolizing, but times have changed, and in this climate, you only need to be a hero and an idol to yourself in order to succeed." TJP stated that what happened to Paige last week could have been avoided if she just knew her place. "Yet, here we are with a Fatal Four Way for the Intercontinental Championship on Saturday, and she's still being given opportunities that were never meant for a woman." TJP was then interrupted by The Miz, who said that Paige should be the least of his worries. "When you attacked me two weeks ago and made a fool out of me, you kissed your career goodbye because at Judgment Day, I will personally make sure that your fifteen minutes of fame finally expire!" Miz said that while he has the utmost disdain for Paige, he can at least understand why she's in the Fatal Four Way. "On the very first episode of SmackDown Live, she beat Cody Rhodes. Two weeks ago, I beat Cody! Who have you beaten?! Have you even won a match in WWE?! What claim do you have to the Intercontinental Championship?! When the hell did you get involved in all of this?!" TJP responded to Miz by saying that he became involved when the WWE Universe decided to revolt against him. "If you want to blame someone, blame them for bringing out my true colors that will take me to the Intercontinental Championship this Saturday!" Miz and TJP continued to argue before Paige ran down to the ring, going after the both of them. Paige was able to stand her ground until a kick to her head from TJP knocked her down. Miz and TJP put their differences aside for one moment to attack Paige until the Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes made the save, the two villainous personalities exiting the scene. Rhodes assisted Paige to her feet before an official arrived to begin the opening tag team contest.
MATCH: Setting the stage for the Intercontinental Championship match at Judgment Day, Cody Rhodes and Paige teamed up to take on The Miz and TJ Perkins. After Miz and Paige took each other out with Clotheslines, they both crawled towards their corners to make tags. TJP extended his hand out to Miz, only to dab instead of making the tag. Miz stared at TJP, irate as the latter left the ring. "You! Get! Back! Here!" Miz shouted at TJP before Rhodes crept up behind him, delivering Cross Rhodes to pick up the victory. Rhodes and Paige had their arms raised, 'Princess Anarchist' staring down TJP from a distance before glancing back at Rhodes and the Intercontinental Title that she motioned for. Who will leave Judgment Day as the Intercontinental Champion.
SEGMENT: In the streets of Atlanta, IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion Tyler Breeze polled various women, showing them the selfies that Dean Ambrose took last week. When the women said that they found Ambrose to be attractive, 'Prince Pretty' lashed out at them. "What is it with you people and Dean Ambrose?! Look at me! I'm gorgeous!" Breeze shouted, which only caused the women to leave. Breeze continued walking down the street before noticing a packed Karaoke Bar that Ambrose happened to be at. Breeze walked into the bar, Ambrose singing "Badstreet USA" on the stage. "... Hey! Tyler! Come sing with me!" Ambrose yelled out when he noticed the disgusted Breeze in the bar.
MATCH: Previewing the Elimination Chamber match on Saturday for the SmackDown Women's Championship, Peyton Royce was able to defeat Becky Lynch after a Fisherman Suplex onto the ring apron, rolling Becky back into the ring to get the cover. Peyton gets a measure of revenge against 'The Irish Lass Kicker,' and now, it's up to her "Iconic Life Partner" Billie Kay to do the same tonight against Alexa Bliss.
PROMO: A vignette aired for Elias, who will be making his in-ring debut this Saturday on the Judgment Day Kickoff.
MATCH: Inside the confines of a Steel Cage, Samoa Joe and Baron Corbin finally settled their rivalry with a spot in SmackDown Live's Money in the Bank Ladder match at stake. Joe charged into Corbin with a few Clotheslines, backing him into the ropes each time. During Joe's last Clothesline attempt, Corbin caught him with The End of Days into the steel! Corbin capitalized and delivered a second End of Days, this time onto the canvas before covering Joe to get the victory! "Baron Corbin is going to Money in the Bank!" Rob Naylor stated on commentary as 'The Lone Wolf' stood tall in the ring with his arm raised high.
PROMO: A special video package was shown for the Tag Team Turmoil match at Judgment Day that will crown the first-ever SmackDown Tag Team Champions. Highlight of each team participating were shown; The Usos; The Alpha Wolves; Tyson Kidd and Adrian Neville; Antonio Cesaro and Kassius Ohno; PMA; The Shining Wizards. One of the teams will forever have the honor of calling themselves the inaugural SmackDown Tag Team Champions.
SEGMENT: Backstage, SmackDown Live Commissioner Shane McMahon announced that John Cena has accepted Bobby Roode's challenge for a one-on-one match this Saturday at Judgment Day. It'll be Cena's last before attending to projects outside of the ring, so if 'The Glorious One' wants to leave his mark on Team Blue, this will be his only chance to do so at the expense of 'The Franchise Player.'
MATCH: Hoping to bounce back from her loss to Alexa Bliss last week, Kaitlyn was able to pick up momentum by putting away Allie with a Spear. 'The Hybrid Athlete' motioned for the SmackDown Women's Championship that she'll have the opportunity to capture in the Elimination Chamber match at Judgment Day.
SEGMENT: Back in the Karaoke Bar with Dean Ambrose and Tyler Breeze, the latter was shown on the stage, singing his own entrance music to a chorus of boos from everyone there. The offended Breeze spoke out against the audience, getting into the face of one particular man who could not stop laughing at him. Breeze threw the man's beer in his face, prompting Ambrose to go after Breeze. The two brawled before Breeze was able to kick Ambrose away before smashing a shot glass over his head! While the impact wasn't strong enough to knock Ambrose out, it did give Breeze enough time to run out of the bar before 'The Lunatic Fringe' could retaliate. At Judgment Day, however, there will be nowhere for Breeze to run when Ambrose has him in the ring.
MATCH: Before he defends the WWE Championship on Saturday against CM Punk, Sami Zayn was able to pick up momentum after defeating Austin Aries following the Helluva Kick. Post-match, Zayn was attacked by Punk, who then put on Zayn's hat while mocking his ska dancing. Punk continued his assault on Zayn, finishing off with a Go To Sleep onto the steel steps! Punk raised the WWE Championship to the disapproval of the Atlanta audience.
SEGMENT: Backstage, Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes was leaving the arena when Renee Young stopped him, asking if he has any thoughts on the Fatal Four Way he would like to share before Saturday? Rhodes stated that he knows he might be viewed as an afterthought in this match, even though he's the defending champion. "This whole thing started on Twitter of all places between TJ Perkins and Paige. Miz got involved because The Miz LOVES to be involved in everything, and then somehow, my Intercontinental Championship and I become the focus. What I would like to say is that once the bell rings at Judgment Day, this championship is the only thing that matters. It won't be about who said what or who hurt whose feelings. It'll only be about finding out who wants to be the Intercontinental Champion more than anybody else... and I can tell you for a fact that it's me."
CARD RUNDOWN: On the Judgment Day Kickoff, Elias makes his in-ring debut. Onto the main card, Dean Ambrose battles Tyler Breeze; The Usos, The Alpha Wolves, Tyson Kidd and Adrian Neville, Antonio Cesaro and Kassius Ohno, PMA and The Shining Stars will participate in a Tag Team Turmoil match to crown the SmackDown Tag Team Champions. John Cena returns home to Boston to take on Bobby Roode. Cody Rhodes defends the Intercontinental Championship against Paige, The Miz and TJ Perkins. CM Punk challenges Sami Zayn for the WWE Championship. And in the main event, the first-ever SmackDown Women's Champion will be crowned in an Elimination Chamber match. Alexa Bliss, Kaitlyn, Becky Lynch, Allie, Billie Kay and Peyton Royce. Who will carry the SmackDown Women's division into the future as the champion? Judgment Day is live this Saturday on Pay-Per-View and the WWE Network.
SEGMENT: The main event contest between Alexa Bliss and Billie Kay never got started as 'Little Miss Bliss' was attacked during her entrance by The Iconic Duo. When Peyton Royce attempted to Irish Whip Alexa into the ring post, the tables were turned and Peyton was the one who was sent face-first into it. Billie struck Alexa with a Big Boot before bringing her onto the announce table. Billie tried for what looked to be a Superplex onto the floor, but Alexa countered it into a DDT, Billie crashing onto the surface of the announce table! When Alexa got onto the ground, Kaitlyn came out of nowhere, drilling her with a Spear! Kaitlyn continued her assault on Alexa before Becky Lynch and Allie got involved, sending Kaitlyn into the barricade! Becky and Allie turned around and saw Peyton flying into them with a Crossbody from the top rope! Peyton assisted Billie to her feet before the two singled out Becky. The Iconic Duo attacked 'The Irish Lass Kicker' in the ring, Peyton driving her face into Billie's knee. The Iconic Duo stood tall over the rest of the Elimination Chamber field before glancing at each other after taking out Becky. Peyton brought Billie closer to her, the two of them kissing in the ring for the first time. The Iconic Duo vowed that they will be the first-ever SmackDown Women's Champion, and if one of them is able to survive until the end so they can join forces in the Elimination Chamber, is there any way they can be stopped?