TNA02-05| TNA BOUND FOR GLORY 2005! Jun 2, 2014 9:52:51 GMT -5
Post by snickelodeon on Jun 2, 2014 9:52:51 GMT -5
TNA Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling
TNA Champion; AJ Styles (18.06.03 – beat Low Ki)
TNA Tag Team Champions; Alpha Male Enterprise (16.04.03 – beat Amazing Red & Jerry Lynn)
• TNA Total Non-Stop Action wrestling…
• Open| Mike Tenay welcomed everyone to TNA53 before introducing his regular broadcast partner Jeremy Borash and new broadcast partner… Don Callis. 3 men then hyped tonight’s show which would be headlined by TNA champion, AJ Styles in action against one half of the first ever TNA tag team champions, Amazing Red. Also tonight we would get an update on former TNA champion, Low Ki after he was attacked by the returning Abyss last week. Also the first ever TNA champion, Christopher Daniels will be here as would TNA tag team champions, Alpha Male Enterprise (Elix Skipper & Monty Brown) plus the first contender to the TNA championship will be named but up first tonight we would hear an exclusive interview with CM Punk taken last week right after his loss to Shane Douglas and then following that Raven will be here.
• Graphic| Tonight’s Main Event| Non-Title Match| TNA champion| AJ Styles V Amazing Red!
• Highlights| TNA52| MAIN EVENT| Shane Douglas beat CM Punk via pin fall following a distraction from Raven at ringside…
• Exclusive Interview| Backstage after his loss last week CM Punk was not happy and said Raven crossed the line tonight. Punk claimed that Raven cost him more than just a match tonight against a washed up, past his prime never great Shane Douglas. Punk said Raven has soiled his reputation and more importantly could have cost him his chance at being named the number one contender next week. Punk one day will achieve his life goal of going down in history as the greatest wrestler of all time and that day may actually come once Punk has gone but at least Punk will be remembered while the only thing Raven will be remembered for will be his gruesome demise…
• Interview| Raven’s music was playing in the arena while Raven was down at ringside grabbing a microphone before rolling into the ring and sitting in the corner. Raven was too agitated to stay still, stood up and demanded his music be cut off and it was. Raven reminded everyone what CM Punk said last week, that there are no rules to war and Punk proved that by revealing some of Raven’s secrets. Raven said his open about his problems and demons but it was not CM Punk’s place to pull back the curtain on his personal life. Raven questioned why CM Punk would be so interested in his demons so Raven decided to do some digging on CM Punk. Last week CM Punk said Raven is not a hero unlike CM Punk the straight edge hero, Raven wondered out loud if there was any reason why CM Punk was straight edge before revealing the answer. CM Punk is straight edge because CM Punk’s Daddy is an alcoholic! Fans gasped at Raven’s revelation. Don Callis demanded Raven’s mic be cut off, while Tenay countered by saying Raven is just returning the favour to CM Punk. Raven said there are many recovering alcoholics in the world so why would CM Punk hate him and target him so much but then Raven worked it out its because there is one difference between Raven and CM Punk’s Daddy, CM Punk’s hero and that is CM Punk’s Daddy, CM Punk’s hero is weak and not able to beat his addiction. Raven asked Punk if it hurts his feelings knowing that he is mentally stronger than his dear old Daddy. Raven said CM Punk is tapped in the head and is delusional enough to believe his mission in life is to go down in history as the greatest wrestler off all time. Raven told the fans to take in that statement for a minute and think about it. Raven told Punk that he will not go down in history as the greatest off all time because Punk like his Dad is mentally weak and 2 weeks ago Punk declared a war that Punk can not win and will only see one man survive because only the strong survive! Raven has already won one war when he beat his addiction and now Raven will win this war because while CM Punk will never achieve his destiny, Raven will achieve is destiny of becoming the TNA champion!
• Ringside| Borash, Callis & Tenay at ringside reacted to Raven’s revelation about CM Punk’s Father, Tenay admitted that Raven arguably also crossed the line tonight and stated that Raven and CM Punk’s rivalry is already turning into the most personally rivalry in the one year history of TNA. CM Punk is here tonight and hopefully tonight we would get a response from CM Punk…
• TNA News| Don West backstage revealed that CM Punk was here tonight and seen most of Raven’s comments before storming out of the arena. West reminded everyone that later tonight TNA managements Dusty Rhodes would announce the first contender to the TNA championship and West revealed that according to his sources the ‘Tennessee Cowboy’ James Storm is in poll position to be named the next contender. Footage was shown from earlier today of James Storm shaking hands with Dusty Rhodes after leaving Rhodes’ office.
• Time Limit| Reminder that all TNA title matches and Main Events have a 30 minute time limit while all other matches have a 20 minute time limit unless otherwise stated..
• Match 1| Bobby Roode beat Shark Boy via pin fall|
Bobby Roode dominated Shark Boy throughout the match and despite a couple of hope spots from Shark Boy, Roode was always in control finally taking the match following his dangerous clothesline to the back of Shark Boy’s head. Following the match…
‘The Monster’ Abyss stormed down the aisle with Jim Mitchell trailing behind him but screaming instructions at Abyss who returned last week and took out former TNA champion, Low Ki. Bobby Roode rolled out of the ring as soon as Abyss entered the ring while Shark Boy was still down. Delirious, Shark Boy’s partner was at ringside and he leaned under the bottom rope to pull Shark Boy to safety but Abyss like a shark grabbed hold of Delirious’ mask and pulled him into the ring then feet before smashing Delirious with his Black Hole Slam. Jim Mitchell looked into the camera and warned TNA that no one is safe from ‘The Monster’ Abyss!
• Backstage| Amazing Red was shown talking with his tag team partner, Jerry Lynn ahead of tonight’s Main Event where Red will face TNA champion, AJ Styles but before that we would find out who has been named as the first contender to AJ’s TNA championship!
• Backstage Interview| Shawn Daivari interviewed Chris Sabin and Zero Gravity (Matt Sydal & Paul London) ahead of their match against Robbie Eckos and The Naturals (Andy Douglas & Chase Stevens). Sabin spoke first and said this team is the most exciting team TNA could put together because nobody can do the things that they can do, but they aren’t all flash and one day maybe soon they will be at the top of TNA. Paul London took over and said the 3 of them are starting to make a name for themselves here in TNA but it seems The Naturals have got a little jealous of how cool Zero Gravity are and have started to question their ability so up next they’ll show The Naturals that sometimes being a natural just isn’t enough. Matt Sydal just pointed at London and said, what he said…
• Match 2| Chris Sabin and Zero Gravity (Matt Sydal & Paul London) beat Robbie Eckos and The Naturals (Andy Douglas & Chase Stevens)|
Robbie Eckos spent time before the match again telling the fans he is not a loser and once The Naturals made their entrance Eckos was heard reassuring them that Eckos is better than Alan Funk. Exciting match, which saw many high spots from Sabin & Zero Gravity, included the match winning Shooting Star press from Sydal to Eckos. Fans were on their feet for Chris Sabin and Zero Gravity following the bell while The Naturals were upset about the loss outside of the ring. Dusty Rhodes then surprisingly made his way out on the stage with a microphone in hand...
• Announcement| TNA managements on screen representative Dusty Rhodes apologised for interrupting the celebration but wanted to take this time to come out and make a big announcement. Rhodes realises that Bad Street Boys (Christian York & Joey Matthews) earned the right for the next shot at the TNA tag team titles last week but Zero Gravity need rewarding for taking the TNA tag team division by storm so next week in a Non-Title match we would see Zero Gravity face the TNA tag team champions, Alpha Male Enterprise (Elix Skipper & Monty Brown) and if London & Sydal are victorious they will earn a shot at the TNA tag team titles! Dusty’s announcement gave The Naturals more reason to be angry while Zero Gravity along with Chris Sabin celebrated the news that next week they will face the TNA tag team champions.
• Graphics| Tonight| Bad Street Boys (Christian York & Joey Matthews) V Alpha Male Enterprise (Antonio Banks & D’Lo Brown)! Tonight| BG James & Ron Killings V Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe)! Up Next| Chris Harris will be in action…
• Ringside| The Naturals (Andy Douglas & Chase Stevens) were still at ringside complaining about their loss and Zero Gravity getting a Non-Title match while Robbie Eckos was in the ring demanding a microphone but was being refused. ‘The Monster’ Abyss again stormed down the aisle with Jim Mitchell behind him, Naturals seen Abyss coming and jumped into the crowd. Abyss entered the ring behind Eckos before spiking Eckos with his Shock Treatment. Jim Mitchell was underneath the ring attempting to pull out a table when a number of TNA officials, agents and security came out and demanded Abyss leave the ring. Abyss just stared at the large group of men until Mitchell told Abyss to leave because they had sent their message before again warning TNA that no one was safe from ‘The Monster’ Abyss!
• Backstage Interview| Chris Harris the head trainer of the TNA Wrestling Academy told Shawn Daivari that the first 6 months here were amazing while the second 6 months seen some hard times but now Harris has recovered from injury cleared his mind and is better than ever focused on one thing, becoming the next TNA champion which Harris called an honour and said nothing would give him more pleasure.
• Match 3| Chris Harris beat Jimmy Rave w. ODB via tap out|
Chris Harris last week completely dominated and out wrestled former World champion, The Sandman and tonight Harris did the same too rookie Jimmy Rave. Harris has been on top form since his return from injury and won the match after making Rave tap out to the Texas Cloverleaf.
• Highlights| TNA51| MAIN EVENT| Doug Williams beat Frankie Kazarian via pin fall. Following the match Christopher Daniels spiked Doug Williams with his Angels Wings.
• Announcement| TNA managements on screen representative, Dusty Rhodes for the second time tonight walked out on to the stage with a microphone in hand. Dusty started off by giving an update on the condition of former TNA champion, Low Ki and it was not good news. Low Ki after the gruesome attack at the hands of Abyss last week has had to have back surgery in the week and at this time it is not known whether Low Ki will ever wrestle again! Dusty said doctors will do more tests then TNA management will know more but at this time all they can do is support Low Ki and send their best wishes but vowed Abyss would be punished. Dusty Rhodes said with Low Ki’s injury it has opened a spot up for someone to replace Low Ki as the next contender to the TNA championship. At that point TNA champion, AJ Styles was shown watching backstage. Rhodes said TNA management have been in discussions for a number of days and have finally made a decision. Dusty then introduced the man who would get the first shot at AJ Styles’ TNA championship… ‘Fallen Angel’ Christopher Daniels!
• Interview| Christopher Daniels walked out on to the stage with a huge smile on his face. Dusty held out his hand to Daniels but Daniels didn’t even acknowledge Rhodes, the first ever TNA champion just made his way down the aisle. Daniels who was dressed in a smart suite demanded that Jeremy Borash come and hold the microphone while he talks. JB of course obliged. Christopher Daniels questioned who else could have been named as the first contender to AJ Styles’ TNA title which brought a loud Cowboy chant in support of James Storm. Daniels laughed at the fans reaction. Daniels wanted to bring up TNA50| Coming of Age before he went any further saying it was a big night for James Storm, Amazing Red, Jerry Lynn, Chris Harris, CM Punk, Low Ki, Sting and of course the new TNA champion, AJ Styles. Daniels said he had an interested fact about all those men, Christopher Daniels God’s gift to professional wrestling has beaten every last one of them in the middle of the ring! That’s why there is no question as to why Christopher Daniels has been given the first shot.
Daniels wants to get a message across to everyone watching. Daniels told the world that he would beat the entire TNA roster and become the first ever TNA champion and he did then Daniels told the world that at TNA50 he would ‘The Icon’ Sting and Daniels did that too, now tonight Christopher Daniels is telling the world that he will make history again and beat AJ Styles to become the TNA champion for a second time. Daniels reminded AJ that throughout the last year time and time again he crushed AJ’s dreams and Daniels vowed to do it again but before Daniels faces AJ he has agreed to face Doug Williams at TNA55 in 2 weeks on 23rd July because Williams is making a name for himself of something that happened years ago which doesn’t matter because it didn’t happen where it counts in TNA Total Non-Stop Action wrestling. Daniels reminded Williams that Daniels has only been pinned by 2 men and both of them have been TNA champions something Williams is not nor never will be! Daniels told AJ Styles to watch him make an example out of Doug Williams at TNA55 before he crushes AJ’s dreams again and becomes the TNA champion once again and that is the gospel according to the ‘Fallen Angel’ Christopher Daniels!
• Graphic| 23.07.03| TNA55| MAIN EVENT| Doug Williams V Christopher Daniels!
• Backstage Interview| James Storm watched Christopher Daniels’ promo before speaking with Shawn Daivari. Daivari asked Storm if he’s not the number one contender and he’s not in action tonight could he share why he met with Dusty Rhodes earlier tonight. Storm asked Daivari if Christopher Daniels laughed when the fans suggested Storm should be the number one contender, Daivari confirmed that Daniels did indeed laugh. Storm’s expression changed and he looked angry but still told Daivari that Rhodes called him in like a man to tell him that Storm was close but not close enough on this occasion to be named number one contender. Storm said it was fine he’ll just have to kick more teeth down throats until he gets what he wants, which what everybody wants the TNA title.
• Ringside| Mike Tenay and Jeremy Borash agreed that Christopher Daniels is without question the most hated man in TNA today while Don Callis disagreed and said the entire TNA roster is just jealous of Christopher Daniels’ greatness.
• Highlights| TNA52| Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) threatened to end the careers of Bad Street Boys (Christian York & Joey Matthews) unless Bad Street Boys agree to face the Briscoe’s with their TNA tag team title shot on the line.
• Backstage| TNA tag team champions, Alpha Male Enterprise (Elix Skipper & Monty Brown) were shown sitting backstage surrounded by Alpha Male Security ready to watch AME members Antonio Banks & D’Lo Brown take on the next contenders to their TNA tag team titles, Bad Street Boys…
• Match 4| Bad Street Boys (Christian York & Joey Matthews) beat Alpha Male Enterprise (Antonio Banks & D’Lo Brown) via a disqualification|
New number one contenders to the TNA tag team titles Bad Street Boys (Christian York & Joey Matthews) were just starting to get control over Banks & Brown when the Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) ran out and jumped Bad Street Boys right in front of the match official, giving the official no choice but to call for the bell and award Bad Street Boys the victory via a disqualification. Following the bell AME joined in the attack, it was 4 on 2 against Matthews & York until BG James & Ron Killings (Briscoe’s opponents) ran out to make the save. Briscoe’s and AME were quickly out of the ring as BG & Killings helped Bad Street Boys to their feet. Briscoe Brothers were screaming at Bad Street Boys that they will get them alone at some point. Match official ordered Bad Street Boys and AME from ringside so the next match could get under way, the rivalry between Bad Street Boys and Briscoe Brothers wont end until the Briscoe’s get what they believe they deserve, which is - Bad Street Boys shot at the TNA tag team championship…
• Match 5| Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) beat BG James & Ron Killings via pin fall|
Briscoe Brothers claim they built the TNA tag team division and they wrestled the most number of tag team matches (27) and while they hold the most number of wins in the Division with 13 they also have the second highest amount of defeats (12). BG & Killings have lost their last 2 matches and that has been put down to Ron Killings being unsure where his future lies either in the tag team division or the singles division. Both teams were hungry for the victory tonight which led to a good, competitive match but in the end after a miscommunication between Killings & BG which saw BG knocked from the apron it was the Briscoe’s who came away with the victory after they planted Killings with their Briscoe Bottom sit out slam. Following the match Briscoe Brothers again told Bad Street Boys they were going to take their TNA tag team title shot.
Once Briscoe Brothers had left the ring BG James rolled back into the ring to help Ron Killings to his feet but Killings shrugged James off and got up on his own, BG asked Killings where his head was. Killings just stared a whole through BG who then went to put a hand on Killings shoulder but again Killings was hostile pushing BG’s arm away before turning and exiting the ring. Mike Tenay said he understands Ron Killings’ frustrations but he should be showing BG James more respect. Don Callis disagreed and said if Ron Killings wants to get back on track he needs to ditch BG James as soon as possible, calling BG James an anchor to Ron Killings’ career.
• TNA News| Don West with TNA news said it has been a hectic night here tonight but the show was far from over yet and as well as tonight’s Main Event there is also one more announcement to come following tonight’s Main Event. West then ran through what has been signed for next week TNA54 while graphics appeared on screen…
• Graphic| TNA54| MAIN EVENT| Non-Title Match| TNA tag team champions| Alpha Male Enterprise (Elix Skipper & Monty Brown) V Zero Gravity (Matt Sydal & Paul London)!
• Graphic| TNA54| Shane Douglas V CM Punk!
• Graphic| TNA54| Non-Title Match| Non-Title Match| TNA champion| AJ Styles V Roderick Strong!
• Video Package|“Everyone in life needs a hero. I can be your hero – Who am I you ask? Well I’m Chris… Chris Hero and I’m coming to save the day, very soon!”
• Backstage Interview| TNA champion, AJ Styles was backstage with Shawn Daivari. Daivari wanted to ask AJ about the announcement made earlier tonight that Christopher Daniels was made the number one contender to the TNA championship before talking about AJ’s opponent tonight Amazing Red. AJ told Daivari that it would be disrespectful to ignore Amazing Red and concentrate on Daniels so all AJ wants to say on Daniels is that AJ wants this match as much as Christopher Daniels because AJ still owes Daniels a beating. AJ turned his attention back to Amazing Red calling Red one of the most exciting wrestlers in the business today and as one half of the first ever TNA tag team champions Red has shown he has all the qualities to challenge the best here in TNA but tonight AJ’s reign as TNA champion really begins and the eyes of the world are locked on AJ Styles so tonight AJ’s sure Amazing Red is going to be amazing but he is going to be even better, AJ is going to be phenomenal…
• Match 6| MAIN EVENT| Non-Title Match| TNA champion| AJ Styles V Amazing Red|
Great match which had the fans on their feet for the majority of the contest, Amazing Red stepped up to the plate again and showed that he has all the tools to be a top player in the singles division also. AJ Styles found out that being the hunted maybe tougher than being the hunter. AJ rose to the challenge and after getting his knees up to Red’s running Red Star press; AJ doubled Red over with a standing heel kick before smashing Red with his Styles Clash for the win.
Result| AJ Styles beat Amazing Red via pin fall
Fans were on their feet at the bell applauding both men on a hard fought match. AJ Styles was handed his TNA title by the match official but before AJ celebrated his victory AJ helped Red to his feet, they shared a few words before Red dropped and rolled out of the ring where Red was met by his partner Jerry Lynn. Lynn put his arm round Red’s shoulder but Lynn couldn’t help but turn back and watch as AJ Styles celebrated his victory. Tenay remembered after seeing Lynn not take his eyes of AJ Styles that Lynn and AJ actually hold a victory over one another.
AJ Styles continued to celebrate his victory as Mike Tenay said AJ Styles learnt tonight that being the hunted is going to be much tougher than being the hunter especially with the likes of Jerry Lynn, James Storm, Chris Harris, Low Ki (eventually), CM Punk, Doug Williams and Christopher Daniels to name a few all gunning for a shot at the TNA championship. AJ held up the TNA title high above his head on the ramp as Mike Tenay signed out by seeing this TNA title reign is either going to be the making or the breaking of AJ Styles…
• Video Package| ‘The Icon’ Sting was shown walking around an abandoned warehouse where there were a number of broken monitors showing Sting’s match with Christopher Daniels at TNA50| Coming of Age where Sting left defeated. Sting stopped at stared at one of the monitors watching as Sting struggled to pull himself to his feet afterwards with the assistance of the ring ropes before making his way back up the aisle. Sting then smashed up the monitor and many of the other monitors with his baseball bat then the screen went black before two words appeared on screen… “NEXT WEEK!"