June 12, 2007- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Wachovia Center (8,500) "Don't Question My Heart" by Saliva Aired on the Sci-Fi Network (1.7)
- Armando Estrada kicked off ECW on Sci-Fi from the comfort of his office, the ECW General Manager welcoming the booing Philadelphia crowd as he talked about how Philadelphia was once the proving ground of the sports entertainment industry. He claimed that ECW came from the gloomy, disgusting bingo hall here - the ECW Arena. For years they struggled, until it was finally purchased by the great WWE emperor, Vince McMahon - and now it is in his hands. Armando claimed that ECW had moved on to greener pastures. Gone, he claimed, were the days of guts and gore - to be replaced by the stars of today, by what made this industry great - professional, competitive wrestling. Armando grinned as the Cuban told the Philadelphia crowd to boo as much as they liked, because much like Marcus Cor Von and Elijah Burke had declared last week: ECW had arrived into the Era of the New Breed!
MATCH ONE // Extreme Rules match: Snitsky def. Tommy Dreamer in 8:18 after a big boot. This match was revealed to be Snitsky's final match as a part of the ECW brand, coming out of last night's WWE Draft. The Philadelphia crowd were rooting for 'the Innovator of Violence', who the announce team noted was the ECW Original. A hard-hitting weapons fest that went into the crowd at one point. Snitsky powerslammed Dreamer off of the top rope, driving him through a table at ringside, which led to the finish. Snitsky left after the match, when he crossed paths with Mike Knox, making his return after a five month absence. Knox hit the ring and left Dreamer laying with a sit-out spinebuster.
- A vignette aired, promoting the Boogeyman arriving on the ECW brand. The Boogeyman came crawling out of a cave with worms dripping from his lips. He declared that he would be coming next week, before humming a nurturing, unsettling nursery rhyme.
- CM Punk made his way out to the ring, 'the Straight Edge Superstar' still remaining a member of the ECW roster despite the WWE Draft last night, where he was victorious against Mike Mizanin. Punk took a microphone, whilst the Philadelphia crowd chanted his name. Punk talked about what Armando Estrada and the New Breed had been saying, how the old ECW was dead and gone - replaced by the so-called Era of the New Breed. Punk claimed that it was cute of Marcus Cor Von and Elijah Burke to put that name on it, considering he proved that he is above them when he fought for his freedom, beating 'the Elijah Experience' at Judgment Day. Punk then claimed that he should also be the ECW World Champion, claiming that he had the Four Way Dance match at One Night Stand won. Punk claimed that just because he lost in that match and Cor Von won, it wouldn't change the fact that he wanted the ECW World Championship, and dared Marcus Cor Von to man up and accept the challenge. Elijah Burke answered the call, 'the Elijah Experience' making his way to the ring to astounding boos. Burke laughed as Punk didn't deserve anything. Burke claimed that Punk definitely couldn't escape the Era of the New Breed, because he's still on ECW, and if he hates that fact - why not leave? Burke told Punk that he could beat his ass right here if he wanted to. Punk smirked at the thought, then asked Burke if he'd like to back up those words. Punk also asked why Marcus Cor Von was nowhere to be found, if he was scared of a little friendly competition with his former New Breed colleague. Burke told Punk that Cor Von had bigger fish to fry, but if Punk really wanted a match - then Burke was willing to throw down the challenge tonight, one-on-one. Punk grinned again, as this time he told that he would happily accept the challenge...but on one condition. Punk told Burke that if he beat 'the Elijah Experience', then he gets to face Marcus Cor Von for the ECW World Championship at Vengeance: Night of Champions. Burke chuckled, as he told Punk that that wouldn't happen. Burke told Punk that this was their era, and people like Punk had no place here. But 'the Straight Edge Superstar' retorted, telling Burke that after tonight, and after Vengeance - everybody will know that this was CM Punk's Era, not the Era of the New Breed! Burke left, whilst Punk appeared eager and ready to fight!
- The ECW World Champion Marcus Cor Von was in the locker room watching CM Punk on a monitor, as 'the Alpha Male' realized that Punk could be troublesome to the Era of the New Breed. In waltzed Matt Striker, the former member of the New Breed entering to tell Cor Von once more that he was sorry that he wasn't worthy of membership - but once again pleaded with Cor Von that he could be valuable to him and Elijah Burke. Striker even got on his knees to request mercy, 'the Teacher' begging to be reunited in the New Breed with him and Burke. Cor Von looked annoyed as it was, when he grabbed Striker by the collar of his sweatervest and told him that he was in no mood for this: that he lost to Santino Marella of all people last night on Monday Night RAW! Cor Von repeated that he was 'the Alpha Male' and he was the ECW World Champion - when he had an idea. Cor Von talked about tonight being the dawning of the Era of the New Breed, and about stakes. Cor Von loosened up and let Striker stand, claiming that Striker could be a part of the New Breed again...if he could beat him tonight! Cor Von left, Striker baffled at what had just happened.
MATCH TWO // John Morrisondef. Eugene in 3:11 after the twisting neckbreaker. Before the match, a "Press Agent" John McBride ran down Nitro's accolades, how Johnny Nitro had been a WWE Tag Team Champion and a WWE Intercontinental Champion - but had changed his name. He introduced John Morrison, who came out to new music with a radical new look that debuted when he resurfaced as a part of last night's WWE Draft edition of Monday Night RAW. Morrison fought with more vigour and methodically, controlling the bout. Eugene almost scored a roll-up upset before the finish. After the match, Nitro repeated that his name was now John Morrison, and that he was "destined for great things".
- Rebecca was backstage standing by with Mike Knox, who had made a shocking return to ECW on Sci-Fi after several months away from the ring. She tried to ask Knox what made him return tonight and take out Tommy Dreamer after a hard fought match, but Knox simply stood tall and dominantly. He told her that he didn't need to answer her or anybody. He claimed that the only statements he makes are physical ones, walking away.
MATCH THREE // ECW World Champion Marcus Cor Von def. Matt Striker in 1:38 after the Pounce. Cor Von was fired up and dominating this match, attacking 'the Teacher' before the bell. After the match whilst Cor Von stood holding the ECW World Championship high, CM Punk was shown in the backstage area watching 'the Alpha Male' on a monitor. Striker needed two officials to help him out of the ring.
- Rebecca was backstage with Elijah Burke ahead of his match with CM Punk in just a few moments. She wanted to get his thoughts, but 'the Elijah Experience' talked over her when he asked Rebecca whose era it was. He asked if this was the Era of Rebecca, or the Era of the New Breed. She hesitantly answered, but Burke cut her off again. Burke claimed that he feels good about tonight. He said that CM Punk has been a thorn in the New Breed's side for several months now, and that Punk is full of himself. Burke claimed that Punk could have been something valuable to the New Breed - but he couldn't handle his directions. Burke claimed that 'the Straight Edge Superstar' is a righteous man, which is why it will be extremely satisfying when he tarnishes his chances of getting an ECW World Championship shot tonight.
- The Extreme Exposé performed a dance routine in the centre of the ring, Kelly Kelly, Brooke and Layla continuing their dance, scantily clad. Suddenly, they were interrupted by Val Venis who came out to the ring to a positive ovation. The trio looked confused as 'the Big Valbowski' climbed into the ring, then posed and removed his robe! Venis began to dance with the Extreme Exposé, then took Brooke's hand, leading the Extreme Exposé out of the ring - who knows where!
MATCH FOUR // CM Punk def. Elijah Burke in 16:31 after the Anaconda Vise. As a result of the win, CM Punk will now challenge Marcus Cor Von for the ECW World Championship at Vengeance: Night of Champions on July 24. Burke targeted the ribs of Punk during the match, and used his skills from amateur boxing to remain in the driver's seat. Late in the match Marcus Cor Von came down to ringside and attempted to get involved, but Punk was able to catch him with a high knee in the corner whilst targeting Burke. After the match the New Breed jumped Punk, pounding away on Punk to loud boos. Chris Benoit suddenly hit the ring, 'the Rabid Wolverine' cleaning house of Burke with three German suplexes! Punk meanwhile recovered, drilling Cor Von with the Go To Sleep, causing the New Breed to flee! Benoit and Punk stared one another down, whilst the New Breed watched on in despair - as ECW on Sci-Fi went off the air.
- A video package aired, reviewing key highlights from last night's monumental night in Monday Night RAW history: the 2007 WWE Draft.
- It was officially acknowledged by Joey Styles and Tazz who had been drafted from ECW, and who was coming to ECW tonight as a result of not only last night's WWE Draft, but WWE.com's Supplemental Draft from earlier today.
- It was announced that Mike Knox would take on Stevie Richards next week on ECW on Sci-Fi.
- An advertisement aired, promoting WWE Champion John Cena appearing as a guest on the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brienthis Thursday night on NBC.
- An advertisement aired, promoting WWE Vengeance: Night of Champions, live on pay-per-view on Sunday, July 24.
WWE Vengeance - June 24, 2007 -Houston, TX -Toyota Center
- WWE Championship: John Cena(c) vs Randy Orton vs King Bookervs Mick Foley vs TBA vs TBA - World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker (c) vs TBA - ECW World Championship: Marcus Cor Von(c) vs CM Punk - WWE Intercontinental Championship: Umaga (c) vs Bobby Lashley - WWE United States Championship: Montel Vontavious Porter(c) vs TBA - World Tag Team Championship: The Hardys(Jeff and Matt Hardy) (c) vs Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch - WWE Tag Team Championship: Paul Londonand Brian Kendrick(c) vs TBA - WWE Women's Championship: Candice Michelle(c) vs TBA
June 15, 2007 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Wachovia Center (8,500) "Rise Up 2006" by Drowning Pool Broadcast on The CW (2.7)
- The WWE United States Champion Montel Vontavious Porter kicked off Friday Night SmackDown, coming off of a huge count-out upset against the WWE Champion John Cena on Monday Night RAW. MVP strutted to the ring wearing his finest suit, 'the Franchise Playa' gracing the microphone to varying reactions from the Philadelphia crowd. MVP asked the SmackDown crowd how they felt to have a man representing their brand, let alone a champion overcoming the almighty WWE Champion John Cena last Monday night. He claimed that nobody could touch him, that he can cross another name off the list - that MVP can beat any WWE Superstar he is put in the ring with. MVP claimed that he was the greatest thing to come to Friday nights, and that he was the WWE United States Champion. But with that said, something bothered him - the fact that he came out on the short end of the stick against Batista last week on SmackDown. MVP put it down to Batista's luck, claiming that it was his first match back - he had more than one night to prepare. But MVP wanted a rematch with 'the Animal', and he wanted it tonight! The SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long interrupted, Teddy coming out to the ring to a positive reaction. Long climbed into the ring and commended Porter on a successful victory against John Cena on RAW, even if it was by count-out. MVP questioned the logic, telling Long that he beat Cena nonetheless, but what he wants more is Batista tonight. Long told MVP that if he really wants Batista tonight on SmackDown, then he can have Batista. But that's not why he's out there. MVP was curious what he meant, to which Long elaborated. The GM explained that MVP has made a commotion, complaining about how he had no match at One Night Stand - but he's in luck. Long explained that Vengeance: Night of Champions is nine days away, and what that means is that MVP will be on the show, defending his WWE United States Championship. MVP raised an eyebrow, to which Long informed 'the Franchise Playa' that he had a challenger, somebody that personally requested the challenge: a former WWE Hall of Famer that would be here next week on SmackDown to personally address him! MVP pointed a finger at Long, telling him that he had beaten Cena, that he will beat Batista tonight, and whoever Long's got to face him at Vengeance - he'll beat them too, because he is 'the Franchise Playa', the WWE United States Champion Montel Vontavious Porter!
- In the interview area, Kristal was standing by with 'the Animal' Batista, who had been watching Montel Vontavious Porter throw out the challenge moments ago. Kristal asked Batista about how he feels about facing MVP for a second time tonight on Friday Night SmackDown: and Batista told Kristal that he was ready. He claimed that he proved it once before, that he is better than 'the Franchise Playa', and that he's said it before that he has no interest in the WWE United States Championship. What he wants, is the World Heavyweight Championship. Batista told Kristal that he's hoping the Undertaker hears him, because otherwise 'the Animal' would come breaking down 'the Phenom's door!
MATCH ONE // Battle Royal match: Super Crazy def. Shannon Moore, Nunzio, Daivari, Gregory Helms, Funaki, Jimmy Wang Yang& Jamie Noble in 10:28 after Crazy delivered a headscissors that took Noble out of the ring. As a result of winning, Super Crazy will now challenge Chavo Guerrero for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship at Vengeance: Night of Champions on July 24. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero was on commentary for the match. It was revealed that Daivari had requested and been granted a transfer from the ECW brand to become a permanent SmackDown Superstar. Guerrero was angered by Gregory Helms' elimination, yelling at him for losing this opportunity. Super Crazy stared down Chavo Guerrero after the match, until Jamie Noble attacked Crazy from behind, dumping him out of the ring. Noble then stared Guerrero down, whilst Chavo raised the WWE Cruiserweight Championship high.
- Carlito was seen walking down a corridor when he suddenly came across Torrie Wilson, his girlfriend. Torrie wanted to know what had been going on with Carlito, implying that they hadn't talked about what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. Torrie was in disbelief at how Carlito could have attacked Ric Flair from behind so many times, and how they hadn't really spoken at all since Carlito attacked 'the Nature Boy' last week. Carlito told Torrie that Ric wasn't a mentor, that he was a manipulator and that he criticized him for the sake of advancing his own, pathetic, past-prime career. Carlito called Flair a joke and that if he's smart - he'll stay out of his life. Finlay overheard, and asking Carlito if he was a real tough guy. Finlay told Carlito that he'd known his father, Carlos Colón - and he was a real man's man, unlike him. Carlito asked 'the Fighting Irishman' if he was another veteran that needed to be taken out. Finlay told Carlito that it'd be the other way round, and that tonight, Carlito would be giving "a bloody good hiding" for what he did to Ric Flair!
- Assistant General Manager Vickie Guerrero was in her office talking to Kristal, as the two good friends discussed how the WWE Draft had changed everything up around the WWE, and how busy this job actually is. In walked Theodore Long, the SmackDown General Manager greeting his girlfriend Kristal and asking Vickie how the paperwork was coming along. Vickie responded compliantly, when Kristal told Teddy that she had to get back to work. As Kristal left, Teddy appeared concerned as he asked Vickie for some personal advice. He claimed that he sensed Kristal was keeping something from him, and that he feels like with their jobs despite working so closely together - they're growing apart. Vickie was surprised, telling Long that Kristal thought the world of her, and she knew that. Teddy smiled as he talked about how much she meant to him. He claimed that he thought about Kristal every passing minute of the day. Suddenly, the Great Khali towered into the room, 'the Punjabi Nightmare' barking in his native language, much to Long and Guerrero's intimidation! Long stood up and defended himself, telling Khali that he knew he was coming, and that Khali had a match to get to in the arena! Khali left, leaving Teddy and Vickie dishevelled.
MATCH TWO // The Great Khali def. Greg Cardonaand Jason Static in 0:38 after the Vise Grip on Static. Khali dominated this match with his brute power. The announce team speculated what effects 'the Punjabi Nightmare' could have on Friday Night SmackDown after the WWE Draft brought him here. After the match as Khali stood in dominance, Kane's pyrotechnics went off bringing out 'the Big Red Monster'. Kane climbed into the ring and stood face to face with the towering 'Punjabi Giant'! Kane, clearly out for retribution after their match at WrestleMania, then grabbed Greg Cardona by the throat, ploughing him with a huge Chokeslam! Kane left, leaving Khali alone in the ring - an eyebrow raised by Khali.
- The World's Greatest Tag Team were walking down a corridor backstage, Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas with chips on their shoulder discussing how they were drafted to SmackDown via the Supplemental Draft. They claimed to one another that they were in the hard-hitting match of the year candidate back at One Night Stand, and how they deserved to have been drafted on Monday Night RAW. Benjamin claimed that they would prove to everybody what they were made of in tonight's number one contender's match for sure. They suddenly came across the Dalton Boys, Jesse and Festus Dalton - Festus looking down on Benjamin and Haas. Jesse told Haas and Benjamin that he didn't understand the attraction, noting how they looked the exact same but Haas was white, and they wore the same fancy outfits. Festus told the two that it didn't matter, he saw their ladder match at One Night Stand and it stunk - how hard could it be to grab the World Tag Team Championships from a ladder? The two teams argued some more, until Deuce 'n Domino with Cherry arrived - the former WWE Tag Team Champions inviting themselves to the party claiming that the titles would be coming back with them, not with a couple of farmers or two RAW rejects like Benjamin and Haas. The three teams argued - tensions riding high ahead of tonight's three-way tag team match with a WWE Tag Team Championship opportunity on the line!
MATCH THREE // Carlito (w/Torrie Wilson) def. Finlay in 15:05 after the Backstabber. A hard-hitting, back-and-forth match where Carlito repeatedly left the ring to take a breather from 'the Fighting Irishman'. Carlito targeted the knees of Finlay and went to work on them. Torrie did not look happy being with Carlito during his offense, appearing more vicious with his attacks. Carlito had exposed a turnbuckle pad and delivered a drop toe hold to Finlay, leading to the finish. After the match, Carlito celebrated by going under the ring and grabbing Hornswoggle by his vest, tossing him into the ring. Carlito followed and looked to attack 'the Little Bastard' when Ric Flair's theme hit, and 'the Nature Boy' came out to the ring, throwing down his blazer! Flair hit the ring, but Carlito bailed and snatched Torrie's hand taking her with him - Flair ready and looking for a fight, but Carlito wanted none of it!
- In the backstage area, Kristal was standing by with one-half of the World Tag Team Champions Matt Hardy. She welcomed Matt back to Friday Night SmackDown, and asked what his intentions of coming back to Friday nights were, and how gruelling it must be knowing Hardy must still show up on Monday Night RAW. Matt agreed, that it will be challenging but when he made his return to SmackDown to challenge Montel Vontavious Porter several weeks ago, he realized that what MVP was saying was right: he was the World Tag Team Champions with brother Jeff on RAW - but on SmackDown, he had a lot to prove. Hardy claimed that he was coming to work double duty to get back to where he should be, and it starts tonight against Dave Taylor.
MATCH FOUR // Deuce 'n Domino (w/Cherry) def. The World's Greatest Tag Team(Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas) & The Dalton Boys (Jesse and Festus Dalton) in 8:23 after Domino rolled Benjamin up with his feet on the ropes. As a result of winning, Deuce 'n Domino will now challenge Paul London and Brian Kendrick for the WWE Tag Team Championship at Vengeance: Night of Champions on June 24. There was dissension between the World's Greatest Tag Team and Deuce 'n Domino during the first part of the match, which quickly broke down. Due to a lack of visible fan favorites in the match, the Philadelphia crowd favored the Dalton Boys. After the match Deuce 'n Domino and Cherry quickly headed back up the aisleway to the comfort of their Cadillac, but Paul London and Brian Kendrick were already in it, and the WWE Tag Team Champions started honking the horn - driving away with their Cadillac!
- A vignette aired, promoting the debut of Kevin Thorn with Ariel, dining in an old, gothic stone room at a long, wooden table. After being drafted from ECW, the Creatures of the Night were coming to Friday Night SmackDown.
- In the backstage area, Finlay was walking with Hornswoggle, 'the Fighting Irishman' apologizing to the leprechaun about losing tonight and allowing himself to come close to being attacked by Carlito. 'The Little Bastard' responded by giving Finlay the silent treatment. The two were suddenly stopped by Mike Mizanin, who confronted Finlay amazed at how the veteran failed to beat Carlito. The Miz suggested that Finlay retire, much to Brie and Nikki's amuse. Finlay then pointed the finger at Mizanin, telling Miz that he had no respect for the men that came before him. Finlay asked the reality TV star if he really was in the Real World, if he was even cut out for this business. Mizanin told Finlay defiantly to try him, when Finlay laid out the challenge for next week: Finlay against Mike Mizanin. Finlay walked off, much to the amuse of Miz. But what he didn't watch out for was Hornswoggle, who stomped on Mizanin's foot!
MATCH FIVE // World Tag Team Champion Matt Hardy def. Dave Taylorin 6:15 after the Twist of Fate. After the match Paul Burchill hit the ring, attacking Hardy from behind. Taylor joined in on the assault, whilst the announces speculated on where Burchill had been for the past year. Clearly a long way away from his pirate days, Burchill left the World Tag Team Champion laying with the Curb Stomp - the two Brits stood tall, a big impact made by the returning Burchill.
- Ashley and Michelle McCoolwere in the Divas locker room talking about how the WWE Draft had changed how Friday Night SmackDown was, discussing topics from tonight's show leading up to now. Suddenly Victoria approached the pair, asking if this is what SmackDown Divas did all day. Victoria was irate, complaining about how she got drafted to SmackDown, and already she had been pushed aside. She was beside herself, claiming that she had the chance to become WWE Women's Champion on Monday Night RAW, but on SmackDown she has to sit around and wait for something to happen, talking to dumb gossip by them. Ashley and McCool were offended, with McCool asking Victoria if she wanted something to do - clocking Victoria! McCool took Victoria down as the two Divas began fighting it out in the locker room whilst Ashley, Maryse, Brie and Nikki, tried to pull Victoria and McCool apart!
- Deuce 'n Domino were seen irate themselves in the backstage area, stomping around in search of their Cadillac - stolen earlier tonight by recent rivals and their opponents at Vengeance: Night of Champions, Paul London and Brian Kendrick. The number one contenders complained about London and Kendrick performing grand theft auto on them, saying that they couldn't wait to get even with them. Suddenly Cherry's voice was heard, shouting that she'd found the car. Deuce 'n Domino came running, and were shocked to find the Cadillac crashed into the wall of the loading bay, doused in bright blue paint! Deuce 'n Domino were raging, and there was sure to be hell to pay for the WWE Tag Team Champions!
MATCH SIX // Batista def. WWE United States Champion Montel Vontavious Porterby disqualification in 12:54 after MVP nailed Batista with the WWE United States Championship. Batista wanted to get the match done early with the spinebuster, but MVP was able to bail from the ring fast. MVP attempted to target the still bandaged ribs of 'the Animal', whilst trying to fight Porter off. Eventually after Batista kicked out of a Playmaker, he had enough and intentionally got himself disqualified. MVP rained punches down on Batista until walking into a spinebuster. Batista attempted the Batista Bomb, but MVP bailed from the ring in a hurry headed for the back. Batista waited to calm down, when the Undertaker's gong hit, bringing the World Heavyweight Champion out to the aisleway! 'The Phenom' making his first appearance since One Night Stand, removed the title from his waist and raised it high whilst lightning struck the ring - and the Vengeance: Night of Champions logo appeared on the trons! Batista nodded, as the two WrestleMania rivals glared one another down, as Friday Night SmackDown went off the air!
- A video package aired, reviewing key highlights from Monday Night's monumental night in RAW history: the 2007 WWE Draft.
- It was officially acknowledged by Michael Cole and John Bradshaw Layfield who had been drafted from SmackDown, and who was coming to SmackDown tonight as a result of not only Monday night's WWE Draft, but WWE.com's Supplemental Draft from Tuesday.
- It was announced that Ric Flair would call out Carlito next week on Friday Night SmackDown.
- It was announced that Victoriawould face Michelle McCoolnext week on Friday Night SmackDown.
- It was announced that Finlay would take on Elijah Burke this coming Monday as part of the WWE Draft on Monday Night RAW.
- An advertisement aired, promoting the 2007 WWE Draft as taking place this week on Monday Night RAW, in a special three-hour, cross-brand edition.
- Included an advertisement for WWE Vengeance: Night of Champions, live on pay-per-view on Sunday, July 24. Dark Match: Shantelle Taylordef. Victoria (n/a)
WWE Vengeance - June 24, 2007 -Houston, TX -Toyota Center
- WWE Championship: John Cena(c) vs Randy Orton vs King Booker vs Mick Foleyvs TBA vs TBA - World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker (c) vs Batista - ECW World Championship: Marcus Cor Von(c) vs CM Punk - WWE Intercontinental Championship: Umaga (c) vs Bobby Lashley - WWE United States Championship: Montel Vontavious Porter(c) vs A WWE Hall of Famer - World Tag Team Championship: The Hardys(Jeff and Matt Hardy) (c) vs Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch - WWE Tag Team Championship: Paul Londonand Brian Kendrick(c) vs Deuce 'n Domino - WWE Women's Championship: Candice Michelle(c) vs TBA
WWE HOUSE SHOWS RAW - Kentucky, Tennessee & North Carolina SmackDown/ECW - Alabama & Georgia
RAW - June 15, 2007 - Lexington, KY:
Cryme Tyme (Shad Gaspard and JTG) def. La Résistance(Sylvain Grenier and Robert Conway) William Regal def. Daniel Rodimer Candice Michelle, Mickie Jamesand Maria def. Melina, Beth Phoenix and Jillian Hall Chuck Palumbodef. Kenny Dykstra Snitsky def. Santino Marella Mark Henrydef. Chris Mastersby disqualification The Hardys(Jeff and Matt Hardy) (c) def. Lance Cadeand Trevor Murdoch to retain the World Tag Team Championship Bobby Lashleydef. Umaga (c) by disqualification; Umaga retains the WWE Intercontinental Championship John Cenaand Randy Orton def. Mr Kennedy and King Booker ECW/SmackDown - June 16, 2007 - Dothan, AL:
Chris Benoit def. Elijah Burke Chavo Guerrero(c) def. Super Crazy, Jamie Noble& Gregory Helms to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship John Morrison def. Tommy Dreamer Kelly Kelly def. Kristal, Brooke, Layla, Victoria & Michelle McCoolin a bikini contest Finlay def. Paul Burchill Paul London and Brian Kendrick (c) def. Deuce 'n Domino to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship Ric Flair def. Carlito The World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas) def. The Dalton Boys(Jesse and Festus Dalton) CM Punk def. Marcus Cor Von (c) by disqualification; Cor Von retains the ECW World Championship The Brothers of Destruction(The Undertaker and Kane) and Batista def. The Great Khali, Montel Vontavious Porterand Mike Mizanin
RAW - June 16, 2007 - Knoxville, TN:
Cryme Tyme (Shad Gaspard and JTG) def. La Résistance(Sylvain Grenier and Robert Conway) William Regal def. Daniel Rodimer Candice Michelle, Mickie Jamesand Maria def. Melina, Beth Phoenix and Jillian Hall Chuck Palumbodef. Kenny Dykstra Snitsky def. Santino Marella Mark Henrydef. Chris Mastersby disqualification The Hardys(Jeff and Matt Hardy) (c) def. Lance Cadeand Trevor Murdoch to retain the World Tag Team Championship Bobby Lashleydef. Umaga (c) by disqualification; Umaga retains the WWE Intercontinental Championship John Cenaand Randy Orton def. Mr Kennedy and King BookerECW/SmackDown - June 17, 2007 - Columbus, GA:
John Morrisondef. Eugene Chavo Guerreroand Gregory Helms def. Super Crazy and Jimmy Wang Yang Kelly Kelly def. Kristal, Brooke, Layla, Victoria & Michelle McCoolin a bikini contest Tommy Dreamer and Stevie Richards def. Sonny Siaki and Ryan O'Reilly Finlay def. Mike Mizanin Paul London and Brian Kendrick (c) def. Deuce 'n Domino, The Dalton Boys (Jesse and Festus Dalton), The World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas) to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship Montel Vontavious Porter (c) def. Ric Flair& Carlito to retain the WWE United States Championship CM Punk andChris Benoit def. The New Breed (Marcus Cor Von and Elijah Burke) Ric Flair def. Carlito The Undertaker (c) def. Batista & The Great Khali to retain the World Heavyweight Championship
RAW - June 17, 2007 - Raleigh, NC:
Cryme Tyme (Shad Gaspard and JTG) def. La Résistance(Sylvain Grenier and Robert Conway) William Regal def. Daniel Rodimer Candice Michelle, Mickie Jamesand Maria def. Melina, Beth Phoenix and Jillian Hall Chuck Palumbodef. Kenny Dykstra Snitsky def. Santino Marella Mark Henrydef. Chris Mastersby disqualification The Hardys(Jeff and Matt Hardy) (c) def. Lance Cadeand Trevor Murdoch to retain the World Tag Team Championship Bobby Lashleydef. Umaga (c) by disqualification; Umaga retains the WWE Intercontinental Championship John Cenaand Randy Orton def. Mr Kennedy and King Booker ECW/SmackDown - June 18, 2007 - Savannah, GA:
John Morrisondef. Eugene Chavo Guerreroand Gregory Helms def. Super Crazy and Jimmy Wang Yang Kelly Kelly def. Kristal, Brooke, Layla, Victoria & Michelle McCoolin a bikini contest Tommy Dreamer and Stevie Richards def. Sonny Siaki and Ryan O'Reilly Finlay def. Mike Mizanin Paul London and Brian Kendrick (c) def. Deuce 'n Domino, The Dalton Boys (Jesse and Festus Dalton), The World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas) to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship Montel Vontavious Porter (c) def. Ric Flair& Carlito to retain the WWE United States Championship CM Punk andChris Benoit def. The New Breed (Marcus Cor Von and Elijah Burke) Ric Flair def. Carlito The Undertaker (c) def. Batista & The Great Khali to retain the World Heavyweight Championship
June 18, 2007 - Richmond, Virginia - Richmond Coliseum(7,500) "...To Be Loved" by Papa Roach Live on the USA Network (3.7)
- Mr McMahon Appreciation Night on Monday Night RAW came on the air with Shane McMahon's music playing, bringing out the son of the Chairman - Shane strutting out to a mixed reaction, having taken credit for Jonathan Coachman's idea last week to honor Vincent Kennedy McMahon as his own. McMahon entered the ring, wanting to talk about what this night means. He explained that it's officially the summertime to some, it's one week after the WWE Draft - and what a Draft it was. He claimed that it was Vengeance: Night of Champions this Sunday night live on pay-per-view. But to him, and to the WWE Superstars and fans for that matter, tonight was all about honoring his father, Vince McMahon. Met with loud boos, Shane tried to continue talking about how Vince McMahon had singlehandedly masterminded a multi-billion dollar company, monopolized the business - and today WWE is a global conglomerate: all because of one man. The Richmond crowd hostilely chanted "assh*le" in response, but Shane said that while Vince recovers from his concussion, he has ordered his father to rest up in the backstage area, and he wanted every fan in the building to know tonight that he appreciated their appreciation! Shane continued, discussing how last week Jonathan Coachman made the decision to make the main event of Vengeance a six-pack challenge match, where John Cena will defend the WWE Championship against King Booker, Randy Orton, Mick Foley, and two other unknown former World Champions - but that was last week, when the Coach was in charge. Shane iterated that he thought that it was a dumb decision, to only allow former World Champions into the match. After all, we just had the WWE Draft! Shane claimed that Coach was in charge as the acting General Manager for the night - but tonight, he is claiming that role - and he says to hell with that! John Cena suddenly interrupted, the WWE Champion coming out to a loud, mixed ovation - Cena walking down to the ring to confront the son of the Chairman. Shane backed down, as Cena simply asked Shane what his problem was. Cena claimed that he concussed his father - and he still isn't sorry for that - but with six days away from Vengeance, he's changing the WWE Championship match? Cena asked Shane if all of the pinheads in corporate knew about this, sensing the marketing department is pulling their hair out with Shane and Coach going back and forth! Shane smirked, as he informed Cena that the match had been changed - but it was still a six pack challenge match. He then introduced the man that will claim the fifth man in the six-pack challenge tonight: and the man Cena will go up against tonight - Mr Kennedy! Kennedy came out to the ring and offered to shake Cena's hand whilst Shane smirked and left. Cena, unhappy with the idea, chose to not shake Kennedy's hand, instead laying him out with the FU! Cena raised the WWE Championship defiantly in the direction of acting RAW General Manager for the night, Shane McMahon!
- A video package aired, commemorating the life and times of Vince McMahon. The Chairman grew up from nothing in a trailer park in North Carolina. From rags to riches, he was the son of his father, Vincent James McMahon, and grandson of famous northeastern boxing and wrestling promoter Jess McMahon. In 1983, McMahon purchased the WWE and began to transcend the business by combining rock and wrestling; creating the worldwide phenomenon, WrestleMania - and today the WWE stands dominantly as the biggest sports entertainment company in the world.
- In the office of the Chairman, Vince McMahon was seen with Jonathan Coachman, seated on a couch. The Chairman clapped in response to the video package that just played, even wiping a tear from his eye as he commented on how beautiful it was. The Coach didn't look so pleased, in disbelief that acting General Manager tonight Shane McMahon had made changes to the six pack challenge WWE Championship match at Vengeance this Sunday. Coach asked Vince whether before his fall last week, he was about to tell Coachman something important. Vince thought for a moment, evidently Coach trying to make McMahon remember about the near promotion Coach was to receive. Vince was stumped, but told Coach that the six pack challenge was an excellent idea - shame about Shane changing it up. A disappointed Coachman got up and left, whilst McMahon finished drinking his soda - asking his Executive Assistant to go and fetch more.
MATCH ONE // Triple Threat match: Melina def. Mickie James & Beth Phoenix in 4:35 after Melina pinned Mickie. As a result of the win, Melina will now challenge Candice Michelle for the WWE Women's Championship at Vengeance: Night of Champions, this Sunday night. Beth aggressively delivered a muscle buster to Mickie, when Melina tossed Phoenix from the ring, allowing the fall to take place. WWE Women's Champion Candice Michelle was on commentary for the match. After the match, Melina confronted Candice at the announce table, where Melina climbed onto the table in the splits position. Candice responded by defiantly punching her backwards to the floor below - Candice telling Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler that she was not just a pretty face, that she was WWE Women's Champion.
- WWE Hall of Famer and former Governor of Minnesota Jesse Ventura was seen in a pre-taped video package as a part of Mr McMahon Appreciation Night. 'The Body' clamored about his own success, how he was a Navy Seal, a pro wrestler with a ton of potential - and instead he was put in an announce booth for years with the incompetent son of Vincent James McMahon. Ventura then referenced their falling out, and how Jesse went on to greener pasture, he became the Mayor of Brooklyn Park, he became a Governor, and maybe even one day he could become President. But for now, Ventura had one word to say about Vince McMahon, and Vince McMahon Appreciation Night: "bullsh*t".
- Todd Grisham was in the backstage area standing by with the World Tag Team Champions the Hardys, Jeff and Matt Hardy just six days away from putting their titles on the line against Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch. Matt was passionate about his thoughts, how he strives to be the best damn wrestler he can be, but on one side of the fence on Monday Night RAW he has Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch - on the other he has Dave Taylor and Paul Burchill. Matt claimed that he wants to take on both sides, and claimed that he and Jeff have always been risktakers. Jeff agreed, mentioning how he is Mr Money in the Bank, and while he has his attention focused on the WWE Championship at every moment of every passing day - he wants the Hardys to go down in history as the greatest tag team of all-time, let alone the decade! The Hardys were all about taking risks, and Cade and Murdoch were in for a scare this Sunday at Vengeance. The Hardys walked away, Matt and Jeff obviously focused on multiple things, simultaneously.
- Steve-O, star of Jackass, had a few pre-recorded comments for Mr McMahon as part of Vince McMahon Appreciation Night. He said that he was an avid fan of the WWE and what they did, and he had a ton of respect for the Chairman. He claimed that they had a lot in common, how they were both defiant, that they were both known for taking some of the dumbest stunts imaginable, and coming out okay. Steve-O thanked McMahon for everything, giving a thumbs up to the Chairman on Vince McMahon Appreciation Night.
MATCH TWO // World Tag Team Champion Matt Hardy (w/Jeff Hardy) def. Trevor Murdoch(w/Lance Cade) in 5:14 after the Twist of Fate. Cade attempted to interfere in the match in the opening moments, which led to Jeff fending Cade off. Late in the match, Murdoch blocked a sunset flip and grabbed Cade's hands for leverage until Jeff came along and dropkicked Cade off the apron, a fight breaking out at ringside. After the match, the Hardys stood tall with the World Tag Team Championship in hand - Cade however had a hold of Jeff's Money in the Bank briefcase, and Jeff was furious, having to be restrained by Matt!
- Randy Orton was in the backstage corridor, 'the Legend Killer' set to compete with fellow six-pack challenge contender King Booker later tonight. Orton however was in no mood for games, and was in pursuit asking backstage personnel where Shane McMahon was. The acting RAW General Manager tonight appeared behind Orton, Shane asking Randy what it was he wanted. Orton told Shane that he had no place changing the rules for Sunday's WWE Championship match. Orton told Shane that it should be about former World Champions, and a guy like Mr Kennedy did not deserve to be let into the six-pack challenge. Shane apologized to Orton for thinking like that, but told Orton that if he hates the fact that Kennedy is in "his" match, he had a feeling that he would really hate the sixth man in that match. Orton questioned who the sixth man was, but Shane simply smirked, telling Orton that he would find out.
- Donald Trump had some pre-recorded comments for the Chairman on Vince McMahon Appreciation Night. Trump told Vince that he was disappointed, not just from one billionaire to another, from one entrepreneur to another - but because Vince actually believed his own hype. He told Vince that the Chairman of the WWE that he beat at WrestleMania in the Battle of the Billionaires was much more than this. And the man that he humiliated at WrestleMania by shaving his head, it's a shame that it's clear that it was him who broke the Chairman's monotony. Trump told Vince that he's not mad, he's disappointed in a rival like him, and he told Vince to enjoy Vince McMahon Appreciation Night while he could, because everybody hated his guts!
- Back live, Mick Foley made his way down the rampway to the ring, 'the Hardcore Legend' one of five men this Sunday night, set to challenge John Cena for the WWE Championship. Foley asked Richmond how they were doing tonight, before getting right down to business. Foley explained that last week on RAW he declared his participation in the six-pack challenge, under the pretence that former World Champions could qualify - but now Shane McMahon, somehow positioning himself tonight as the RAW General Manager of the evening, has gone ahead and said that anybody can enter, and he actually thinks it's a great idea! Foley claimed that he has met John Cena, and he believed him to be one of the hardest working WWE Champions in sports entertainment history, and he is sure to have his work cut out for him if he manages to beat five hungry individuals to retain the WWE Championship this Sunday at Vengeance. But Foley is also in that match! Foley claimed that he is a former three-time WWE Champion, but he feels like he has another left in him. Foley claimed that he had much, much more left in the tank - and he wanted to prove it. So he implored King Booker to come after him - he knows how much he pissed Booker and Queen Sharmell off last week when he interrupted them. He implored Randy Orton to come and try to kill 'the Hardcore Legend' again, because three years ago it took a hell of a beating to get the job done. He implored Mr Kennedy to make a name for himself, because he knows he couldn't against the Undertaker over on SmackDown for the World Heavyweight Championship. And lastly, John Cena - as nice a guy as he is, he shouldn't forget that Foley can not only be the nicest guy around, but he can be the most sick, twisted individual that many have gotten in the ring with! Foley told Cena to give it his all, because Mrs Foley's Baby Boy was coming for WWE Championship number four at Vengeance: Night of Champions! Foley told Richmond to have a nice day before leaving, but when halfway up the rampway King Booker and Queen Sharmell made their arrival - Booker and Sharmell sneering in the direction of Foley as the two challengers crossed paths, Booker moments away from his match against another challenger, in Randy Orton!
- Another video package aired focused on the life and times of Vince McMahon. This time, the video package focused on Mr McMahon and his many controversies, with comments from WWE Hall of Famer Bobby Heenan, former WCW Executive Eric Bischoff and WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes discussing how McMahon had destroyed the professional wrestling business by killing the territorial system. The Montreal Screwjob was featured, which led to McMahon becoming a more prominently featured staple - the intimidating authority out to punish and fire anybody that rubbed him the wrong way. McMahon, and his powerful strut tonight, will continue to be honored as a part of Vince McMahon Appreciation night.
MATCH THREE // King Booker(w/Queen Sharmell) def. Randy Orton in 7:26 after the Scissors Kick. Sharmell attempted to distract Orton during the match, which had a mixed result as Orton repeatedly was able to come back from each attack. Sharmell introduced the sceptre, which both men attempted to use on one another when Mick Foley returned to ringside, Foley with Mr Socko - stalking Queen Sharmell around ringside to even the odds! Orton nailed the RKO on Booker, but was perturbed by Foley's presence, telling 'the Hardcore Legend' to back off! Booker took the opportunity from the distraction to low blow Orton using the sceptre, allowing the finish to take place. Booker celebrated with his wife Queen Sharmell, whilst Foley looked split about what had just transpired - Orton visibly furious at the loss.
- Todd Grisham was backstage with Mr Kennedy, who wanted to address the WWE Champion ahead of their non-title bout in the main event tonight. Kennedy interrupted Grisham, and ordered him to leave the scene, much to Todd's reluctance. Kennedy then reached up for his microphone, which lowered from the ceiling. Kennedy reminded the RAW crowd who he was, that he was Mr Kennedy - and that he had a destiny linked to the WWE Championship. Kennedy told the Richmond crowd that many are wondering if he even belongs to be in the six-pack challenge at Vengeance this Sunday, but he does. Kennedy explained that he knew how to take the Undertaker off his game, and he came close to winning the World Heavyweight Championship; how he's come to Monday Night RAW as the hottest Superstar to make the move to Monday Night RAW as part of the 2007 WWE Draft! Kennedy set his sights on John Cena, how he didn't respect what he was capable of, nor did he know. Kennedy told Cena that tonight he would find out, much like Randy Orton, Mick Foley, King Booker, and whoever the hell else wants to try and contend to that match. Kennedy once again introduced himself, this time as the next WWE Champion!
- Bret Hart sent in some pre-recorded comments for the Chairman as a part of Vince McMahon Appreciation Night. 'The Hitman' received a massive ovation in his first RAW appearance in ten years, Bret telling the world that everybody knew what he thought about Vince McMahon, how he was a great mentor and almost like a father to him. If it weren't for Vince, he may have never been acknowledged as one of the best technical wrestlers in professional wrestling history, that they may have never met 'the Hitman'. He may have never been a five-time WWE Champion, or seen as a Legend in the eyes of fans across the globe. But if it weren't for Vince McMahon, he could have still been a WWE Superstar, a multi-time World Champion, and he would have been the best damn wrestler in the business today! Bret talked about how Vince contends that he screwed himself back in 1997, but 'the Hitman' didn't forget, and what he'd like to do on this momentous Appreciation Night for the Chairman is to remind the Chairman of what he lost when he screwed him over at the 1997 Survivor Series: another right hand, pow, right in the kisser.
- In the locker room Santino Marella and Maria were talking about Vince McMahon Appreciation Night when Santino brought up how he beat the ECW World Champion Marcus Cor Von last week, and Vengeance: Night of Champions is coming up on Sunday - why can't 'the Italian Stallion' get himself a title shot too? Santino claimed that he was hungry, but Maria told Santino that he was doing great, and even noted that he was great at things other than in the ring, but in the bedroom as well. The two came close to a kiss when banging was heard, and the two curiously went to investigate. The couple stumbled upon Beth Phoenix stomping away on Mickie James! Phoenix picked Mickie up and sent her face first into the metal locker, Phoenix screaming at Mickie that this was for taking a year out of her career! Beth was restrained by security whilst Maria attended to Mickie; Beth spouting that she would break Mickie's jaw!
MATCH FOUR // Bobby Lashley and Mark Henrydef. WWE Intercontinental Champion Umaga and Chris Mastersin 5:20 after the Spear by Lashley on Masters. Masters was reluctant about having to team with 'the Samoan Bulldozer', visibly intimidated by the WWE Intercontinental Champion. Lashley even wanted to start off against his Vengeance opponent, but Umaga opted to slap Masters on the chest, forcing him into the match. Late in the match Umaga simply stood at ringside whilst Mark Henry delivered the World's Strongest Slam to 'the Masterpiece', followed up by the finish. Umaga roared in anger whilst Lashley stared him down from the ring - Lashley clearly hungry for gold, even if it wasn't the ECW World Championship. Umaga wanted to go, but the referee held him back.
- Hip hop icon Snoop Dogg sent in some comments for Vince McMahon Appreciation Night, Snoop wanting to congratulate the Chairman on a job well done, monopolizing the business and making all of that money for himself. Snoop said that he was about to hit the reefer, but first wanted to take the time to thank Vince for bringing wrestling to the main stage. Snoop then backtracked and talked about some of his favorite memories in WWE history involving Vince: getting Stunners from Stone Cold Steve Austin; Rock Bottoms from the Rock; and his favorite of all was when Vince had his head shoved up the Big Show's ass at Unforgiven 2006!
- Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch were seen backstage, Cade and Murdoch in disbelief at how easy it was to take Jeff Hardy's Money in the Bank briefcase from him earlier tonight. Cade then told Murdoch that this was only the beginning, that this Sunday they would be known forever as the team that beat the Hardys for the World Tag Team Championships. Suddenly however, the Hardys appeared, Jeff with a steel chair in hand being restrained by Matt! Jeff called Cade and Murdoch scum-ass rednecks that had no business with his briefcase, whilst Matt tried to talk Jeff down, claiming he'd get it back. Cade and Murdoch rubbed the briefcase in the Hardys' faces, Cade raising it high whilst Murdoch claimed that the World Tag Team Championships were theirs Sunday, and if Jeff wanted the Money in the Bank briefcase, to come get it! Matt stopped restraining his brother, and the Hardys came after Cade and Murdoch - who jetted away from the scene, the Hardys not wanting to wait until Vengeance!
MATCH SIX // WWE Champion John Cena vs Mr Kennedy went to a no-contest in 8:02 after King Booker interfered. Kennedy brought the fight to Cena, taking control of Cena for several minutes during the match. Kennedy's attempt at the Mic Check went reversed into the running shoulder block, followed by the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena was looking to set up for the FU, when Booker jumped Cena from behind. Booker and Kennedy began to double team Cena, with Kennedy connecting with the Mic Check on the WWE Champion; but Mick Foley hit the ring, 'the Hardcore Legend' cleaning house of Kennedy with Mr Socko in hand - the Mandible Claw applied taking Kennedy down and out from the ring whilst Cena delivered the FU to Booker! Cena then faced off with Foley, the WWE Champion and 'the Hardcore Legend' exchanging glances to the Richmond crowd's delight - but just when Foley backed away, Randy Orton slid into the ring, delivering the RKO to Foley; payback after Foley inadvertently cost Orton his match earlier tonight! Orton then faced off with Cena, the two reluctant allies and distant rivals now facing off. But suddenly, Shane McMahon's theme hit, bringing out the acting General Manager of RAW tonight - Shane strutting out to the rampway. Shane with a microphone, told Cena and Orton that he knew the stakes were high this Sunday at Vengeance: Night of Champions. He knew that Cena and Orton, and in fact, Booker, Foley and Kennedy were all curious to know who the sixth man in the six-pack challenge truly was. Shane hesitated, as Cena and Orton glared him out. Shane declared that it was none other than himself! Shane laughed and danced on the rampway to loud boos, then began to leave, leaving Cena and Orton in disbelief! Moments passed, when Orton suddenly left Cena laying with the RKO! On Sunday it was every man for himself in the sudden-death one fall six-pack challenge, and only one man could walk out of Vengeance as the WWE Champion!
- Stone Cold Steve Austin sent in some comments for Vince McMahon Appreciation Night, 'the Texas Rattlesnake' telling the Chairman that he didn't have to do this, but he couldn't resist. He asked who the hell threw an appreciation night for him, calling Shane and Stephanie McMahon the worst kids in the world, maybe even worse than him! Austin went on a cuss-laden rampage that went mostly edited, talking about how much he despised Vince McMahon, and claimed that McMahon was the worst son of a bitch alive, so maybe that's why his kids are so awful! Austin told Vince that he hoped he liked each and every Stunner he received, because there were plenty more coming his way in the future. Austin flipped Vince the bird, telling him to go rot in hell!
- In the backstage corridor, Shane McMahon smugly walked down the hallway back to his office, the RAW General Manager having just added himself to the six-pack challenge this Sunday night for the WWE Championship at Vengeance. He ran into Jonathan Coachman, who was in absolute disbelief at Shane, telling Shane O'Mac that he was an egomaniac! Coach went in on Shane, angrily ranting that he had this whole match laid out - it's Vengeance: Night of Champions, it's a night to celebrate and commemorate former champions, so what does Shane do? Undo his idea for the six-pack challenge match! Coachman told Shane that now his intentions are clear, but Shane cut him off. He smugly told Coachman that he got it from his father. Shane told Coach that when his dad sees how his son had done in charge of Monday Night RAW tonight, Coach's days would be numbered, calling Coach a lapdog kissass. Coach wanted to know what he meant, and the next thing you knew both were arguing! Suddenly Vince McMahon came out of his office, the Chairman looking sedated. Vince silently walked down the corridor, past a confused Shane and Coach.
- Vince McMahon ignored Jonathan Coachman and Shane McMahon's calls, the Chairman not looking as upbeat and alive as he did earlier tonight. The concussed and heavily medicated Chairman walked down a corridor packed with RAW Superstars, who all stood with their backs to the wall, watching McMahon pass them. He left the backstage area, making an exit out to the parking lot. He breathed in the fresh air, looking around to see the night sky outside of the Richmond Coliseum. Slowly, McMahon walked towards his limousine. He opened the door, then took a look around. And then he stepped inside. Moments passed as the Chairman hesitated. He finally put his hind foot inside, and then closed the door. Suddenly, an explosion. The limousine was decapitated, as fire and smoke encompassed the Chairman's limo. For a split-second the world went silent, as only the crisp burning of fire on metal could be heard. The limousine was in pieces, a result of the explosion - and the Chairman Vincent Kennedy McMahon, nowhere to be seen in the rubble, as Vince McMahon Appreciation Night went off the air.
- Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler implored viewers to log on to WWE.com to hear further pre-recorded messages by Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Snuka, the Iron Sheik, Gene Okerlund, Roddy Piperand Dusty Rhodes, in regards to Vince McMahon Appreciation Night.
- As Monday Night RAW went on the air, a memorial graphics aired, in loving memory of Sensational Sherri, who passed away at the age of 49 on June 15.
- It was announced that Mark Henry would take on Chris Masters next week on Monday Night RAW, to finally settle the score.
- It was announced that ECW World Champion Marcus Cor Von would team up with New Breed associate Elijah Burke to do battle with CM Punk and Chris Benoit, tomorrow night on ECW on Sci-Fi.
- Jim Ross and Jerry Lawlerran down the current line-up for WWE Vengeance: Night of Champions, live on pay-per-view this Sunday.
- An advertisement aired for WWE Vengeance: Night of Champions, live on pay-per-view this Sunday night. WWE HEAT, available on WWE.com
- Dark match: William Regal def. Ryan Wilson - Dark match: Chuck Palumbodef. Christian York - La Résistance (Sylvain Grenier and Robert Conway) def. The Highlanders(Robbie and Rory McAllister) after Au Revoir on Rory. (4:43) - Jillian Hall def. Megan Innocentafter the facebuster. (2:28) - Jim Duggan def. Murray Hopper after the Three Point Stance. (2:09) - Santino Marella def. Kenny Dykstra after the swinging neckbreaker. (6:15)
WWE Vengeance - June 24, 2007 -Houston, TX -Toyota Center
- WWE Championship: John Cena(c) vs Randy Orton vs King Bookervs Mick Foleyvs Mr Kennedy vs Shane McMahon - World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker (c) vs Batista - ECW World Championship: Marcus Cor Von(c) vs CM Punk - WWE Intercontinental Championship: Umaga (c) vs Bobby Lashley - WWE United States Championship: Montel Vontavious Porter(c) vs A WWE Hall of Famer - World Tag Team Championship: The Hardys(Jeff and Matt Hardy) (c) vs Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch - WWE Tag Team Championship: Paul Londonand Brian Kendrick(c) vs Deuce 'n Domino - WWE Women's Championship: Candice Michelle(c) vs Melina
June 19, 2007- Charlotte, North Carolina - Charlotte Bobcats Arena (9,500) "Don't Question My Heart" by Saliva Aired on the Sci-Fi Network (1.6)
- ECW on Sci-Fi went on the air tonight on a sombre note, a shot of the WWE flag flying high, riding the wind at WWE Headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut. Joey Stylesand Tazz discussed the tragic events that unfolded last night on Monday Night RAW where a clearly sedated and confused Chairman Vince McMahon wandered to the parking lot to leave his Appreciation Night. A replay aired showing McMahon enter his limousine, just for it to go up in flames - the result of an explosion. Styles and Tazz could not stress enough that every match that would take place tonight was in memory of the Chairman. They noted that there was no body found in the explosion, although with the evidence that they have it is apparent that McMahon's body was blown up, and he has therefore since been presumed deceased. On the aisleway, the entire ECW locker room stood in silence - their heads bowed behind a visibly upset ECW General Manager Armando Estrada, as the timekeeper rang the bell ten times in salute of Vince McMahon. The Charlotte crowd booed McMahon's image on the tron loudly, and after the ten-bell salute concluded, Styles and Tazz were in disbelief at fans disrespecting the Chairman's tragic event.
- Following the opening video package, press agent John McBride was stood in the ring to introduce one of the newest additions to ECW on Sci-Fi, the recently renamed John Morrison- who came out practically in slow motion, as his hair blew in the wind and Morrison confidently strutted down the aisle to the ring. In the ring, Morrison smiled as he looked around at the disapproving Bobcats Arena. He said that he knew what they were all thinking, how monotonous can ten thousand people be to disapprove of him for shedding his old skin and revealing who he truly was the entire time. Morrison grinned as he spoke in a husk, settling voice - about how it took him too long. He said that all of this time, he had gone along life pretending to be a Hollywood celebrity, he was the WWE Tag Team Champion; he was the WWE Intercontinental Champion. He had a hot girlfriend that was the WWE Women's Champion - and no offense to her, but losing her, and losing his spot on Monday Night RAW was probably the greatest thing to happen to him. Morrison claimed that he had refound himself, and that he now knows that there is only one man that can make change around here, and it is he - the man that is destined for great things! Morrison talked about how he has come to play in the Era of the New Breed, and he invites anybody from the ECW locker room to come forward and try to take their fifteen minutes of fame from 'the Guru'.
MATCH ONE // John Morrison def. Val Venis(w/Extreme Exposé) in 8:16 after the Moonlight Drive. Venis was accompanied by Kelly Kelly, Brooke and Layla of the Extreme Exposé, all wearing towels of their own. The announce team speculated that 'the Big Valbowski' had had a very pleasant week with the Extreme Exposé. Venis looked to go for the Money Shot, but a photographer climbed onto the apron which distracted Venis, allowing Morrison to crotch Venis, setting up the finish. After the match the Extreme Exposé attended to Venis whilst the same photographer snapped photos of the new and improve Morrison, at the side of press agent John McBride.
- In the locker room, Matt Striker was seen eating a banana, 'the Teacher' clearly trying to recuperate after being officially kicked out of the New Breed after suffering a loss to ECW World Champion Marcus Cor Von last week. Striker was approached by the Major Brothers, Brett and Brian Major asking Striker how he was doing. Striker stood up in defiance, not happy about how things had gone down. Striker told the Major Brothers that in the Era of the New Breed there was no place for two lookalikes pretending to be WWE Superstars. Brett and Brian in turn laughed at Striker's expense, making a joke about how Striker was friends with the New Breed once and apparently that made him top banana. The Majors laughed at the size of Striker's banana, which further infuriated 'the Teacher', who challenged one of them - "either of you" to a match tonight! Striker stormed out, leaving the Majors to crack up at Striker.
- Rebecca was seen in the interview area backstage with the man that came to CM Punk's aid last week, Chris Benoit. 'The Rabid Wolverine' walked into shot smiling, Benoit asked by Rebecca about how he feels to be a part of the ECW roster as a result of the WWE Draft, and what his intentions were coming to 'the Straight Edge Superstar's aid. Benoit told Rebecca that he had been around the world, he had competed and learned the craft of professional wrestling. He claimed that he was the best technical wrestler in the WWE today from the years he experienced in Canada, Japan, Mexico, Europe, and then the United States - where he was a part of ECW and later WCW before winding up in the WWE. Benoit said that he'd been on Monday Night RAW and on Friday Night SmackDown - and now it has come full circle, he is a part of ECW on Sci-Fi. Benoit stated that he'd been hearing about the Era of the New Breed, and whatever that may mean - he isn't about to let some young punks order him around. Benoit said that he came to CM Punk's aid because he sees a similar version of himself - they are driven against the New Breed. And tonight, he and Punk plan to team up and go up against Marcus Cor Von and Elijah Burke - where they are going to show the New Breed that this isn't their era at all.
MATCH TWO // Mike Knox def. Stevie Richards in 3:48 after the Knox Out. Richards attempted to put up a fight against Knox, but was unable to due to the speed and power of the brute Mike Knox. After the match Knox stood tall, having beaten another ECW Original tonight after taking Tommy Dreamer out of the equation last week. Suddenly, Tommy Dreamer's theme hit, as 'the Innovator of Violence' came from behind in the ring - a Singapore cane in hand, as Dreamer slammed Knox across the spine with the cane! Knox relented, as Dreamer swung twice more, running Knox out of the ring! Dreamer beated his chest, clearly wanting more from Knox - who had had enough of the ECW Original tonight.
- ECW General Manager Armando Estrada was sat with his head in his hands in his office, the GM having received the news of Chairman Vince McMahon's passing and taken it terribly. Estrada was in disbelief at the fact that the Chairman was allegedly gone. In walked the ECW World Champion Marcus Cor Von with Elijah Burke; the New Breed asking Estrada what was wrong. Burke wondered if Estrada was still grieving about the Chairman. Burke reminded Estrada that McMahon had lived an extraordinary life - but now he's gone, to put it bruntly - the Cuban has all of the power in ECW. Estrada looked up and told the New Breed that they were being disrespectful about a great man. Cor Von iterated that this was the Era of the New Breed, not McMahon - although he shall be sorely missed. Cor Von and Burke persuaded Estrada that Vince granted him this job as ECW General Manager - but now he can't take it away because he's gone. Estrada nodded in agreement, when Burke told Estrada that they are in a position to do very, very great things with the brand. Estrada nodded again. Cor Von got in Estrada's ear, telling him that this is what they should do...
- The Extreme Exposé were seen talking in the backstage hallway, Kelly Kelly, Brooke and Layla aiding to a hurting Val Venis, who was angry that John Morrison had been able to beat him tonight thanks to the distraction. John Morrison soon approached 'the Big Valbowski' and the Extreme Exposé, asking the trio if they were satisfied with Venis' performance. They naively nodded in agreement, when Morrison suggested that they would have been better off coming with her than hanging with a loser like Val Venis - but he has higher standards than them. Venis was angered by this, standing up and confronting the cocky 'Guru'. Venis told Morrison that he has a very high opinion of what class is, considering who he was once with, insinuating that Morrison's ex-girlfriend Melina was a sl*t! Morrison simply smirked in response, telling Val that if he wanted a rematch, then to just ask. Morrison walked away, but Val was ignited - wanting to fight Morrison right now.
- A vignette aired, promoting the Boogeyman arriving on the ECW brand. The Boogeyman came crawling out of a cave with worms dripping from his lips. He declared that he would be coming next week, before humming a nurturing, unsettling nursery rhyme.
MATCH THREE // Brian Major (w/Brett Major) def. Matt Striker in 5:18 after the crucifix pin. Striker was able to use his experience to gain control against Brian, working over the arm of the Major Brother. The rookies had the fans behind them whilst 'the Teacher' had control of most of the match. Striker attempted the Golden Rule, but Brian reversed allowing the finish to take place. Striker slammed his hands on the mat in frustration over the loss, whilst the Major Brothers celebrated at Striker's expense on the aisle, high-fiving one another.
- In the interview area, Rebecca was standing by with Tommy Dreamer, who still clutched his Singapore cane - angry after the events that had unfolded earlier tonight. She asked 'the Innovator of Violence' for comment, to which Dreamer complied. He stated that everybody in ECW believes that the age of the ECW Originals is over and done, but he is still standing! Dreamer explained that ECW may evolve, and evolve he will let it - but he is not going anywhere! Dreamer sent a message to Mike Knox, who tried so hard to make an impact by attacking him from behind last week after a gruelling match: that he wasn't finished with him, and he wanted Knox one-on-one!
- In the backstage hallway CM Punk was stood shadow-boxing ahead of the tag team main event against the New Breed, 'the Straight Edge Superstar' joined by Chris Benoit, who asked the number one contender if he was ready to take down the New Breed. Punk nodded, telling 'the Rabid Wolverine' that more importantly he was prepared to show the world that he was worthy of being the ECW World Champion. They were about to head out when ECW General Manager Armando Estrada showed up with a referee by his side, ordering Benoit to stay backstage! Punk and Benoit were baffled, as Estrada ordered Benoit to remain here, declaring that the main event had been changed from a tag team match - to a handicap match! Punk and Benoit were furious whilst the Cuban hid behind the official, and Punk's music started playing! Incensed, Punk told Benoit not to sweat it - but that Estrada had not heard the last of this.
MATCH FOUR // Handicap match: CM Punk def. The New Breed(ECW World Champion Marcus Cor Von and Elijah Burke) in 11:18 after the Anaconda Vise by Punk on Burke. Punk fought valiantly against the New Breed, whilst the Charlotte crowd were firmly behind 'the Straight Edge Superstar'. Punk managed to kick out of the Elijah Express from Burke during the match. Punk connected with the Go To Sleep on Cor Von, but Burke intercepted after a blind tag preceded it. After the match Cor Von attacked Punk, breaking the Anaconda Vise submission on Burke, and quickly the New Breed went into a beatdown upon Punk. Eventually Chris Benoit came running down the aisleway, just to be held back by a team of security! 'The Rabid Wolverine' was forced to watch as Punk was laid out by the Pounce from 'the Alpha Male', and the New Breed gloated with the ECW World Championship to Benoit and over Punk's lifeless body. The Era of the New Breed was seemingly in full swing, as ECW on Sci-Fi went off the air.
- Joey Stylesand Tazz spoke once more about the tragic incident last night on Monday Night RAW where Vince McMahon was allegedly blown up in a limousine explosion. They read the headline article from WWE.com, reading that there is an investigation expected to be made into the Chairman's death - clearly in the belief that this was an assassination, or a murder of sorts. They announced that Shane and Stephanie McMahon would be present this coming week on Monday Night RAW to make a statement over the passing of their father.
- It was announced that Tommy Dreamer would face Mike Knox next week on ECW on Sci-Fi.
- It was announced that Batistaand the Undertaker would meet face to face in the middle of the ring for the first time since Backlash - this Friday night on SmackDown - two days ahead of their World Heavyweight Championship match on Sunday at Vengeance: Night of Champions.
- Joey Stylesand Tazz ran down the line-up for WWE Vengeance: Night of Champions, live on pay-per-view this Sunday night.
- An advertisement aired, promoting WWE Vengeance: Night of Champions, live on pay-per-view this Sunday night.
WWE Vengeance - June 24, 2007 -Houston, TX -Toyota Center
- WWE Championship: John Cena(c) vs Randy Orton vs King Bookervs Mick Foley vs Mr Kennedy vs Shane McMahon - World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker (c) vs Batista - ECW World Championship: Marcus Cor Von(c) vs CM Punk - WWE Intercontinental Championship: Umaga (c) vs Bobby Lashley - WWE United States Championship: Montel Vontavious Porter(c) vs A WWE Hall of Famer - World Tag Team Championship: The Hardys(Jeff and Matt Hardy) (c) vs Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch - WWE Tag Team Championship: Paul Londonand Brian Kendrick(c) vs Deuce 'n Domino - WWE Women's Championship: Candice Michelle(c) vs Melina
June 22, 2007 - Charlotte, North Carolina - Charlotte Bobcats Arena (9,500) "Rise Up 2006" by Drowning Pool Broadcast on The CW (2.4)
- Friday Night SmackDown went on the air tonight on a sombre note, a shot of the WWE flag flying high, riding the wind at WWE Headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut. Michael Cole and John Bradshaw Layfield discussed the tragic events that unfolded last night on Monday Night RAW where a clearly sedated and confused Chairman Vince McMahon wandered to the parking lot to leave his Appreciation Night. A replay aired showing McMahon enter his limousine, just for it to go up in flames - the result of an explosion. Cole and JBL discussed the incident that left the Chairman of the WWE being presumed dead, and spoke about how McMahon's children Shane and Stephanie McMahon would present this Monday night on RAW to deliver a statement about where the WWE will go from here. On the aisleway, the entire SmackDown locker room stood in silence - their heads bowed, as the timekeeper rang the bell ten times in salute of Vince McMahon. The Charlotte crowd booed McMahon's image on the tron loudly, and after the ten-bell salute concluded, Cole and JBL were in disbelief at fans disrespecting the Chairman's tragic event.
- From his hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina, Friday Night SmackDown went on the air with Ric Flair making his way out to the ring, "wooos" heard all round the Charlotte Bobcats Arena, as 'the Nature Boy' strutted his way down the aisle to a loud ovation! The hometown hero climbed into the ring dressed as immaculately as ever. Ric Flair commented on being here in his hometown, having lived here for all of his life - and now tonight, decades later, 'the Nature Boy' has returned home a sixteen time World Heavyweight Champion! Flair 'wooo'd some more, as he said that it was no coincidence that he would be here tonight to address Carlito - he wanted to do it in his hometown of Charlotte so that Carlito could see that when you attack the 'Nature Boy', you not only have him to deal with - but every single one of the people of Charlotte as well! Flair said that for months he had mentored Carlito, he made him so much more than he was previously. Ric commented on his track record of the past, including names like Triple H, Batista, and Randy Orton - but one Puerto-Rican by the name of Carlito felt that he was above the pecking order. Flair said that Carlito attacked him repeatedly, that he stabbed him in the back and ruined what could have been. Flair claimed that he had lost all respect for Carlito, and told Carlito that he wanted an explanation, calling his former friend out to the ring! Carlito complied, coming out with a tight grip on Torrie Wilson's hand, who looked as though she would rather be anywhere but here. Carlito sneered as he stood in the ring opposite Flair. Naitch said that Carlito has changed a lot since he revealed himself and attacked him, two weeks ago on Monday Night RAW. Carlito continued to sneer, until he snatched the microphone away from him, telling Ric that he was a man that needed no help - he just needed time. Carlito told Flair that he can claim that he is a mentor, that he is a genius in this business - but to him, he is somebody to study, and now he has studied him, he has no place for him. Carlito told Flair that this is what he thought of him, then began chomping on his apple - Ric daring Carlito to do it. Carlito kept chewing, whilst Flair was provoking the Puerto-Rican to spit the apple in his face. Carlito finally did it, when Flair came at Carlito with right hands - but Carlito was able to bail from the ring! Carlito backed up the aisle, whilst Flair bounced off the ropes strutting in the ring. Flair declared that tonight, in his hometown of Charlotte - it would be 'the Nature Boy' taking on Carlito, wooo! Torrie seemed happy to see Flair back to his old spirits!
- Deuce 'n Domino were in the backstage hallway without their Cadillac, Cherry with them as the trio began to complain about the ride that they took to get here on SmackDown tonight. Deuce 'n Domino plotted to seek revenge on Paul London and Brian Kendrick for what they did to their Cadillac last week - and then this Sunday at Vengeance: Night of Champions, they would take back their WWE Tag Team Championships! They suddenly encountered a fired up Jesse and Festus Dalton; the Dalton Boys telling Deuce 'n Domino that they could have had that match, they could be number one contenders - had it not been for Deuce 'n Domino. Festus aggressively told Deuce 'n Dominos that they were nerds that slipped by them - but not again. Jesse threw out the challenge to the trio for a tag team bout tonight, whilst Festus threatened to beat 'em down like grapes! The Dalton Boys left, leaving Deuce 'n Domino to ask one another what had just happened.
MATCH ONE // Victoria def. Michelle McCoolin 5:24 after the Widow's Peak. Victoria was more aggressive tonight, mad about being drafted to Friday Night SmackDown last week. McCool was on the defensive but almost scored an upset backslide on Victoria for a near fall. Victoria continued to attack McCool after the match until Ashley hit the ring, hitting a dropkick taking Victoria down. Ashley aided to McCool whilst Victoria was irate.
- Carlito was walking around the backstage corridor with a purpose, whilst Torrie Wilson attempted to follow her boyfriend, telling Carlito that she had no idea what had gotten into him, but to face Ric Flair like a man. Carlito finally turned to her, telling Torrie that he was starting to think that Torrie was on 'the Nature Boy's side! Torrie defended herself saying that she was Ric's friend, that Carlito was. Carlito eventually snapped and backed Torrie up threateningly, when SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long arrived at the scene. Long told Carlito that he seemed on edge, asking him if he had done something to bother him, perhaps by making it official tonight: Ric Flair against Carlito. Carlito's eyes lit up in anger, as he asked Teddy if he really wanted to go through with this. Carlito claimed that he'd assaulted Flair three times already - does he want a massacre tonight in Flair's hometown? Teddy chuckled at the thought, telling Carlito that he definitely did - then threatened Carlito that if he harmed his good friend Torrie Wilson, that it wouldn't end well for him! Carlito was irritated by Long who left, whilst Torrie smiled at the sight of her aggravated boyfriend.
- Mike Mizanin was with Brieand Nikki in the backstage area, the Miz asking Brie and Nikki about what they thought to Finlay and Hornswoggle. They commented on how disgusting they were, that the Irish were very unattractive people. Nikki then naively commented that she'd always wanted to be with a leprechaun, which annoyed the Miz. Mizanin told the twins that tonight he steps foot in the ring with a career veteran, a fifty year old man. Miz plotted that after he was finished with Finlay tonight, then they wouldn't have to worry about veterans stepping in his way, grinning from ear to ear.
MATCH TWO // WWE Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero, Gregory Helmsand Jamie Noble def. Super Crazy, Jimmy Wang Yangand Shannon Moore in 7:40 after Chavo rolled Crazy up with the tights. Guerrero, Helms and Noble struggled to get along with Chavo yelling at Gregory, and Noble clearly seeking the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. Crazy hit a moonsault on Helms, which led to the finish. Super Crazy was annoyed at the cheap loss, whilst Chavo raised the WWE Cruiserweight Championship at his challenger for Sunday's Vengeance: Night of Champions.
- Kristal was standing by backstage with the man that will once again challenge the Undertaker at Vengeance: Night of Champions this Sunday, Batista. 'The Animal' smiled as he asked Kristal how she was, Batista dressed for business tonight. Kristal asked Batista about how Batista felt going into Sunday, and how later tonight for the first time in two months, 'the Animal' would be in the same ring as 'the Phenom' the Undertaker - the man that put him out of action for a month with cracked ribs. Batista told Kristal that he was sure he knew how he felt, but Batista claimed that he needed to prove to everybody that he could beat 'the Deadman' for the World Heavyweight Championship. As for further comments about what he may say to the Undertaker - he would save those for the confrontation in the ring, tonight.
MATCH THREE // Mike Mizanin (w/Brieand Nikki) def. Finlay(w/Hornswoggle) in 8:19 after the swinging neckbreaker. Hornswoggle was surprisingly not hiding under the ring tonight, and was rooting for Finlay as 'the Fighting Irishman' aimed to teach Mizanin a lesson. The Miz was able to gain control by targeting the knee of Finlay, and talked a lot of trash. Finlay was closing in on the Celtic Cross when Brie got on the apron but slipped and fell. Brie was in agony about her ankle whilst Nikki attended to her twin, distracting Finlay which allowed the Miz to capitalize with the finish. After the match Miz celebrated his win whilst Brie and Nikki remained down by ringside. Despite the loss, Hornswoggle saw an opportunity and took it, pinning Brie to the floor and giving her mouth to mouth! 'The Little Bastard' grinned as he ran back into the ring to Finlay, whilst Brie was left disgusted!
- SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long was in the backstage corridor talking to Kristal, his girlfriend telling Long about how overworked she felt, and suggestively thought up an idea where Long and Kristal could take a week off and go to the Caribbean, or Asia, or wherever Long liked. Kristal told Long that she missed him, although Teddy was hesitant about leaving SmackDown in Assistant General Manager Vickie Guerrero's hands. Somebody appeared off-screen, delighting the GM - Long telling that somebody that Montel Vontavious Porter was anxiously awaiting his arrival, casually noting that he had seen the WWE United States Champion heading to the ring!
- In the arena, the theme of the WWE United States Champion was playing, as Montel Vontavious Porter made his way down to the ring, 'the Franchise Playa' clearly in no time for playing around. MVP climbed into the ring and took a microphone, speaking of how he's not sure whether he likes this arrangement. He claimed that it was bad enough last month, where he didn't even have a match at WWE One Night Stand - but this month? Not only having to put his WWE United States Championship on the line, and not even knowing who his opponent is? MVP called Theodore Long out on it, claiming that he is the best there is today and that he can't be that when he is given a mere two days to do some homework on who his opponent is this Sunday at Vengeance: Night of Champions! Porter called the Hall of Famer out, before making sarcastic jokes about how the Iron Sheik or Nikolai Volkoff would take his title away from him; or Jerry Lawler was going to come on over and make an ass of himself. MVP was impatient and unbuttoned his shirt, when Roddy Piper made his way out to the ring, 'the Rowdy One' receiving a huge response, drawing the ire of 'the Franchise Playa'! Piper was loved by the North Carolina crowd, making his return after battling Hodgkin's Lymphoma earlier this year. Piper grinned, as he asked MVP if he was happy to see him. Piper told Porter that there are many things about MVP that he liked, but so many other things that he despised. He claimed MVP seemed like quite a colorful guy, in his multi-colored Power Ranger get-up, but also observed that Porter was a loudmouth with a mean streak in him. The Hall of Famer mentioned that he reminded him a little bit of himself when he was young. MVP was incensed, demanding to know what this had to do with anything, and why he should defend the WWE United States Championship against an old-timer with a bum hip like 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper? Piper laughed in MVP's face, before he slapped the champion across the face! Piper told MVP that just because MVP reminds him of a younger version of himself, doesn't mean he's "Mr Nice Guy". Piper told MVP that he has held the United States Championship before, and if anybody thought that the Hodgkin's Lymphoma had taken what was left out of his career, then MVP's got another thing coming! Piper admitted that he had something left to prove, and beating Porter to claim the WWE United States Championship, and to teach the kid a lesson - he would show the world that 'the Rowdy One' still has what it takes to go toe-to-toe with the best that the WWE of today has to offer, and he'd prove it this Sunday at Vengeance! MVP looked angry at the slap, and then kicked Piper right in the surgically repaired hip of Piper! MVP began to attack Roddy, but Piper came back swinging with a series of shots - MVP aiming for a clothesline just to get locked in the Sleeper Hold! MVP began fading, but quickly low blowed Piper and bailed from the ring just in time. Piper wanted to fight some more, tearing off his kilt - the WWE Hall of Famer wanted to teach 'the Franchise Playa' some tricks, MVP now aware of who he is up against at Vengeance this Sunday!
- Anastasia Rose was backstage, the new interviewer for Friday Night SmackDown standing by with Victoria, who she wanted to get some comments from after her successful victory tonight against Michelle McCool. Victoria told Anastasia that she needed to back off. Victoria claimed that she didn't want to come to SmackDown, that she had so much going for her on Monday Night RAW - where she could fight for the WWE Women's Championship. But now that she is here, she's here to dominate every single Diva on the brand that are too lazy or simply don't belong in her ring. She continued, talking about how the Divas on SmackDown that she has seen, sit around and take their pretty bikini and lingerie photos, and they don't do much of anything else! Victoria voiced her disgust and said that she is a former two-time WWE Women's Champion - and now that she's on SmackDown, things are going to change! Ashley suddenly showed up, smiling to Victoria's face. Ashley told Victoria that she was impressive tonight, but asked Victoria to face her next week and then say what she just said again. Victoria scoffed, telling Ashley that those were famous last words.
MATCH FOUR // World Tag Team Champion Matt Hardy def. Paul Burchill (w/Dave Taylor) by disqualification in 6:16 after Taylor jumped Hardy from behind. Burchill and Taylor spoke out in pre-recorded comments during their entrance, with Taylor formally re-introducing his "mate" from England, new and improved. Burchill claimed that he was here to show that the British weren't stereotypes, and he wasn't one to take lightly. Burchill brought the fight to Hardy whilst the announce team made note of Hardy having a rough week having fought on RAW this week, and having to defend the World Tag Team Championships with Jeff Hardy this Sunday against Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch at Vengeance: Night of Champions. Hardy was about to hit the Twist of Fate when the finish occurred. Taylor and Burchill put the boots to Hardy after the match, when Nunzio hit the ring to try and make the save - just to get flattened by a big boot from Burchill! Burchill put Nunzio down with the Curb Stomp - and the two Englishmen stood supreme over a fallen Matt Hardy, and Nunzio of all people!
- A vignette aired, featuring Kevin Thorn and his gothic mistress Ariel inside of a mansion, supposedly sipping red wine out of chalices. After being drafted from ECW to Friday Night SmackDown last week, Kevin Thorn is coming soon to SmackDown.
MATCH FIVE // Kane def. Sean Alexanderand Danny Shanley in 0:44 after a double Chokeslam. After the match, Kane was about to set off his pyrotechnics when the Great Khali's theme hit, 'the Punjabi Nightmare' interrupting 'the Big Red Monster'! Khali, the man that beat Kane back at WrestleMania, came stomping down to the ring, where Khali delivered an overhead chop to Shanley, before delivering the Tree Slam on Alexander, landing on top of Shanley! Khali passed Kane, 'the Punjabi Giant' leaving as Kane watched, irked by Khali's interruption tonight.
- Kristal was in the General Manager's office, speaking to her good friend and newly assigned Assistant General Manager of SmackDown Vickie Guerrero - Vickie talking about how pleased she is to have this job and a chance to start a fresh with the WWE. Kristal seemed glad to hear it but wanted Vickie to try and persuade Teddy to take a week off because it's clear that he is overworked as of late and surely with the tragic incident involving Vince McMahon on Monday Night RAW, with McMahon presumed dead - it can only do worse for her boyfriend. Vickie told Kristal that she too was struck hard by the Chairman's passing, but that she would do what she could. Guerrero told Kristal that it could take a few weeks, but that she would gain Long's trust. Moments later, Theodore Long came into the room talking about how he was interested in hearing what Stephanie and Shane McMahon had to say on RAW this Monday, claiming that although Vince was the one that promoted him to SmackDown General Manager - he's glad the Chairman is rotting in hell! Kristal looked at Vickie with wide eyes, whilst Long asked the girls what they were discussing, clearly unphased by the limousine explosion on RAW this past week.
MATCH SIX // Deuce 'n Domino (w/Cherry) def. The Dalton Boys(Jesse and Festus Dalton) in 6:31 after the Crack 'Em in the Mouth by Deuce on Jesse. The Dalton Boys for a period of this match were in control of the number one contenders, with Festus powerhousing Deuce and Domino around. Late in the match the World's Greatest Tag Teamcame down to ringside, Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas distracting Jesse, allowing the finish to take place. After the match, Haas and Benjamin joined in with Deuce 'n Domino on beating down the Dalton Boys until WWE Tag Team Champions Paul London and Brian Kendrick hit the ring, the duo taking Deuce 'n Domino and the World's Greatest Tag Team from the ring, coming to the aid of Jesse and Festus Dalton.
- WWE United States Champion Montel Vontavious Porter was seen in the locker room dousing his eyes with a bottle of water, 'the Franchise Playa' still in disbelief that he almost got put to sleep by 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper earlier tonight. Funaki arrived at the scene, proclaiming himself as 'SmackDown's Number One Announcer' and seeking some comments from MVP ahead of his title defense against Piper at Vengeance: Night of Champions this Sunday, but Porter didn't want to hear any of it, telling Funaki to buzz off! Funaki laughed, telling Porter to go to sleep, fleeing the scene before Porter could strike!
MATCH SEVEN // Ric Flair def. Carlito(w/Torrie Wilson) by disqualification in 8:15 after Carlito delivered a low blow to Flair. The Charlotte crowd was hot for 'the Nature Boy' in his hometown, which further frustrated the Puerto-Rican. Carlito repeatedly argued with his supposed girlfriend Torrie at ringside when things wouldn't go his way. Flair attempted the Figure-Four Leglock on Carlito, which led to Carlito low blowing Flair. Flair was still able to apply the Figure-Four and he had Carlito tapping out - but the referee called for the bell over the low blow rather than the submission finish. After the match, Carlito stomped away on Flair and even attempted to grab a steel chair. He returned to the ring ready to strike a recovering Naitch, but Torrie was in his way. Carlito ordered his girlfriend to step out of the way, but Torrie refused to let her boyfriend attack her friend. Carlito responded by dropping the chair and bringing Torrie in for a hug and a kiss - but then suddenly dropped Wilson with a dramatic clothesline! Carlito left, happy with what he had done whilst Torrie was seemingly left unconscious by the shocking attack!
- SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long made his way out to the ring for the face to face confrontation between 'the Animal' and 'the Phenom', just two nights away from their third battle over the World Heavyweight Championship. The GM received a warm response as Long asked how the Charlotte crowd were doing. He firstly commented on the heinous actions that had just occurred between Carlito, Ric Flair and Torrie Wilson - and he was disgusted by what he saw. Long made it official for next week, that Carlito would therefore go one-on-one with 'the Big Red Monster' Kane, and that would surely teach the Puerto Rican that you couldn't go around beating on women on his SmackDown. Long moved on, addressing the elephant in the room, how this Sunday at Vengeance: Night of Champions - two men would meet that knew each other very well, when Batista challenges the Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship. He discussed WrestleMania, where 'the Deadman' beat Batista to win the title for the first time in his illustrious career. And then they had the Last Man Standing match at Backlash one month later, which debilitated 'the Animal' for over a month! But now he was back and he was hungry - Teddy Long introducing 'the Animal' to a huge response! Batista made his way to the ring, setting off his fireworks as 'the Animal' was all fired up. Batista was not all smiles tonight, clearly determined and focused fully on Vengeance this Sunday night. Batista thanked Long for the pleasant introduction, then talked about how the Undertaker is his biggest adversary to date - but he wasn't afraid of him. Batista claimed that he would walk through hell before giving in to 'the Phenom' one more time. Batista said that the Undertaker would have to end his life, because he was that driven, that he would not lose again. Batista claimed that the World Heavyweight Championship was coming back with him this Sunday at Vengeance. A gong suddenly interrupted 'the Animal', and out came the Undertaker as the Bobcats Arena fell into darkness. The World Heavyweight Champion slowly graced the ring, as he came face to face with the man he will meet on Sunday. The two looked one another dead in the eyes, as silence graced the Charlotte crowd - when suddenly Batista delivered a thunderous Batista Bomb to the World Heavyweight Champion! Batista stood dominantly over 'the Phenom' before leaving to a mixed response. Backing up the aisleway 'the Animal' watched back at the Undertaker, who suddenly sat up and smiled at 'the Animal' in return! Batista smiled back at 'the Deadman', as Friday Night SmackDown went off the air!
- Throughout the show two video packages aired, reviewing both the WrestleMania encounter, as well as Backlash's Last Man Standing rematch between The Undertaker and Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship, promoting their third battle taking place this Sunday night at Vengeance: Night of Champions.
- Maryse was seen comfortably lounging in lingerie on a couch, the French Diva welcoming viewers back from the commercial break.
- It was announced that Paul Burchill and Dave Taylorwould take on World Tag Team Champion Matt Hardy and Nunzio next week on Friday Night SmackDown.
- Michael Coleand John Bradshaw Layfield ran down the line-up for Sunday's Vengeance: Night of Champions, live on pay-per-view.
- An advertisement aired, promoting Shane and Stephanie McMahon scheduled to deliver a statement regarding the death of their father, Chairman Vince McMahon, this coming week live on Monday Night RAW.
- Included an advertisement for WWE Vengeance: Night of Champions, live on pay-per-view this Sunday night. Dark Match: WWE Tag Team Champions Paul London and Brian Kendrickdef.The World's Greatest Tag Team(Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas) (n/a)
WWE Vengeance - June 24, 2007 -Houston, TX -Toyota Center
- WWE Championship: John Cena(c) vs Randy Orton vs King Booker vs Mick Foleyvs Mr Kennedyvs Shane McMahon - World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker (c) vs Batista - ECW World Championship: Marcus Cor Von(c) vs CM Punk - WWE Intercontinental Championship: Umaga (c) vs Bobby Lashley - WWE United States Championship: Montel Vontavious Porter(c) vs Roddy Piper - World Tag Team Championship: The Hardys(Jeff and Matt Hardy) (c) vs Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch - WWE Tag Team Championship: Paul Londonand Brian Kendrick(c) vs Deuce 'n Domino - WWE Women's Championship: Candice Michelle(c) vs Melina
Chuck Palumbo def. Kenny Dykstra Cody Rhodes def. William Regal Candice Michelle(c) def. Jillian Hallto retain the WWE Women's Championship Snitsky def. Santino Marella The Hardys(Jeff and Matt Hardy) (c) def. Lance Cadeand Trevor Murdoch & Cryme Tyme (Shad Gaspard and JTG) to retain the World Tag Team Championship Chris Masters def.Mark Henry Bobby Lashleydef. Umaga (c) by disqualification; Umaga retains the WWE Intercontinental Championship John Cena and Randy Orton def. Mr Kennedy and King Booker SmackDown/ECW - June 23, 2007 - Beaumont, TX:
Dave Taylor and Paul Burchill def. The Major Brothers(Brett and Brian Major) Mike Knoxdef. Tommy Dreamer John Morrison def. Val Venis Chavo Guerrero(c) def. Super Crazy, Gregory Helms& Jimmy Wang Yangto retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship Finlay def. Mike Mizanin Chris Benoitand CM Punkdef. The New Breed (Marcus Cor Von and Elijah Burke) Ric Flairdef. Carlito Montel Vontavious Porter(c) def. Kane to retain the WWE United States Championship The Undertaker (c) def. Batista & The Great Khalito retain the World Heavyweight Championship
June 24, 2007 - Houston, Texas - Toyota Center(15,000) RAW, SmackDown & ECW Presentation "Gone" by Fuel Live on Pay-Per-View (247,000)
- Similar to the introduction of ECW on Sci-Fi and Friday Night SmackDown, Vengeance: Night of Champions went on the air with the entire RAW, SmackDown and ECW locker rooms gathered on the aisle. A visibly distraught Shane McMahon stood centrestage as ring announcer Howard Finkel led the WWE Superstars and Houston crowd in a ten-bell salute of silence - which unfortunately went awry as the Houston crowd booed hostilely in memory of Chairman Vince McMahon. After the silence concluded, Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler commented on how controversial it was that the sold-out Toyota Center could boo the Chairman's moment of silence, and noted that despite his father's tragic event on Monday Night RAW, that Shane McMahon would still be involved in the six-pack challenge tonight for the WWE Championship, and would prepare a statement to deliver with Stephanie McMahon tomorrow night on RAW.
MATCH ONE // World Tag Team Championship: Lance Cade and Trevor Murdochdef. The Hardys (Jeff and Matt Hardy) (c) in 14:34 after Cade rolled Jeff up with the tights. Matt came into this match with taped ribs, noted on commentary as being from the attack by Paul Burchill and Dave Taylor two nights ago on Friday Night SmackDown. Late in the match, Murdoch used Jeff's Money in the Bank briefcase as a weapon on Matt, which led to the finish. After the match Jeff chased Cade and Murdoch from the ring, who celebrated on the aisle with their newly won World Tag Team Championships; much to the chagrin of Jeff and a hurting Hardy.
- Todd Grisham was backstage standing by with Mr Kennedy, Grisham noting that Kennedy just three weeks after challenging for the World Heavyweight Championship would tonight have the opportunity to win the WWE Championship in the six-pack challenge. Kennedy hushed Todd, telling him that he could handle this interview job. Kennedy explained that he is now a RAW Superstar, and that maybe he was unsuccessful in beating the Undertaker to win the World Heavyweight Championship; maybe he did manage to gain entry to the six-pack challenge on Shane McMahon's watch. But is he undeserving? In his own opinion, no. Kennedy claimed that he was just as deserving as King Booker, that he was just as hard-working as John Cena, and that he was as determined as Randy Orton. Kennedy said that the WWE Championship is his destiny, and that he would shock the world tonight when he became the WWE Champion, when it's all said and done. Kennedy announced himself as the next WWE Champion, to a negative response.
- Chavo Guerrero was in the locker room, the WWE Cruiserweight Champion preparing himself when Jamie Noble approached him, Noble telling Chavo that once Chavo beat Super Crazy tonight, that he would be the man to take the title from him. Chavo immediately shoved Noble and told him that he didn't deserve a shot at the WWE Cruiserweight Championship, and that he was beneath him! Gregory Helms jumped in to separate the two, trying to make Chavo and Noble chill - acknowledging that the common enemy was the cruiserweight division. Noble and Chavo nodded in silence, until Noble uttered that Helms was just jealous that it wasn't him with the title shot tonight. Helms got fired up and said the same, as Helms continued to argue with Noble! Chavo meanwhile, slipped out of the room, leaving the two to argue. Noble and Helms continued to argue about who the better WWE Cruiserweight Champion truly was - when a voice boomed for the two to quit yelling. The Dalton Boys were seated nearby, and Festus Dalton told Gregory and Jamie to quit their "bellyachin'" or wind up with broken jaws! The two complied, with Noble quietly leaving the room.
MATCH TWO //WWE Women's Championship: Candice Michelle (c) def. Melina in 7:21 after the Candywrapper. Melina started arguing with a fan in the front row before the match. Melina grew frustrated as Candice defiantly refused to stay down from the challenger's onslaught. Melina stalled and posed whilst preparing the Extreme Makeover, which led to the finish. Melina threw a tantrum after the match.
- CM Punk was in the dressing room, 'the Straight Edge Superstar' deeply concentrated on his upcoming shot at the ECW World Championship. Chris Benoit soon entered the room, 'the Rabid Wolverine' grinning as he told Punk that tonight was the night that the Era of the New Breed would go short-lived. Benoit told Punk that it takes a real man to become ECW World Champion, and asked Punk if he was ready. Punk responded that he was born ready. Benoit nodded and offered his assistance tonight, but Punk chipped in that he wanted to do this by himself, for himself. Punk explained that Elijah Burke will be at ringside tonight, but this is something that he had been wanting to do for a long time. Punk told Benoit that his business with the New Breed was something he needed to do - as a man. Benoit reluctantly nodded in agreement, but still offered his support.
- Kristal was standing by backstage with Montel Vontavious Porter, the WWE United States Champion moments away from defending his title against the WWE Hall of Famer revealed on SmackDown this past Friday night to be 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper. 'The Franchise Playa' was unhappy about the situation, claiming that Kristal's boyfriend Theodore Long had it in for him, and purposely made sure that MVP could not be the most valuable player tonight at Vengeance: Night of Champions. Porter complained about how of all people on the SmackDown roster, he chose for an old, broken down old man to challenge him. Kristal, feeling the need to stick up for her boyfriend, told MVP that that same old, broken man almost put Porter to sleep on Friday night with the sleeper hold. Porter quipped for her to shut up, and claimed that he was as bad as the SmackDown General Manager! MVP challenged Long to present to him some worthy competition as WWE United States Champion, because tonight he would make it easy, and beat the crap out of 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper to the point that there won't be any more comebacks for the WWE Legend!
MATCH THREE // WWE United States Championship: Montel Vontavious Porter (c) def. Roddy Piperin 5:12 after the Playmaker. Before the match, 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper had some comments in response to 'the Franchise Playa's comments, Piper telling Montel Vontavious Porter that he was no example to be made. Piper admitted that he may be past his prime, that he may have a bum hip, and maybe his cardio isn't what it used to be - but that he was here tonight to prove that he was still one of the toughest guys around today, and dared Porter to try and make an example of him, because Piper wanted to knock his lights out. MVP was in control for most of the match, targeting the well-documented hip of the WWE Hall of Famer. Piper poked Porter in the eyes and got the Sleeper Hold locked in on 'the Franchise Playa' momentarily, until Porter threw him off, which led to the finish. After the match, Piper received a standing ovation for his efforts tonight.
- Shane McMahon was in his office, the son of the presumed dead Chairman sat in disbelief. Shane continued to sit when King Booker walked into the room with his wife Queen Sharmell. Booker told Shane that he was extremely sad to hear about Vince McMahon's passing, but that Shane should grieve tomorrow night on Monday Night RAW. Booker reminded Shane that it was him that brought him to WCW in 2001, and the two of them were the best of friends. Booker told Shane that tonight he has the opportunity to win the WWE Championship - something his father did. Booker suggested that he would similarly lay down for new "emperor" to take his throne as the new decision-maker of the WWE. Shane perked his ear at the thought, and asked Booker if he would really give up that opportunity. The King responded gentlemanly, claiming that it would be the best tribute to his father that a son could give. Shane smiled and nodded his head, thanking the royal couple for their respect - a new found look of determination instilled in the son of the Chairman.
- Bobby Lashley was in the backstage area warming up for his opportunity at the WWE Intercontinental Championship when Todd Grisham approached the former ECW World Champion, asking the RAW newcomer for comments about facing 'the Samoan Bulldozer' Umaga one more time tonight. Lashley explained that he was the new kid on the block, and that he was extremely hungry. Lashley said that you could not find a more driven WWE Superstar in this world, let alone this building. Lashley explained that he had already beaten 'the Samoan Bulldozer' once before, but that tonight he had the chance to seal the deal and claim more gold. Lashley stated that it wasn't the ECW World Championship - but it was another, much more prestigious title that has been on legendary names, such as Randy Savage, Ricky Steamboat, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels - and tonight he plans to add his name to that list.
MATCH FOUR // WWE Tag Team Championship: Paul London and Brian Kendrick(c) def. Deuce 'n Domino(w/Cherry) in 10:18 after Sliced Bread #2 by Kendrick on Deuce. Deuce 'n Domino arrived in a brand new Cadillac, which the announce team speculated was their previous car, rebuilt and repainted after London and Kendrick wrecked their old Cadillac two weeks ago. The challengers attempted to introduce the lead pipe from Cherry's cleavage much like how they won the titles back in April, but London was able to dropkick it from Deuce's hand, which led to the finish.
- Todd Grisham was in the interview area with Mick Foley, 'the Hardcore Legend' receiving a huge response as he name dropped Houston, Texas as being the site for tonight's WWE Championship six-pack challenge. Foley told Grisham that he was feeling extremely eager to impress, because despite being a former three-time WWE Champion in the past, he felt that he had a lot of eyes on him tonight. Foley elaborated that he had not been an active WWE Superstar on the roster since 2000, however seven years have passed, and that tonight he steps foot in there with two of the greatest of this era - John Cena and Randy Orton. He claimed that he steps in there with a poised and anxious Mr Kennedy, and a desperate and eager-to-please King Booker. And then there's Shane McMahon, too. Foley wanted to commend Shane for actually having the gall to step foot in the six-pack challenge match at all, six days after his father's passing on Monday Night RAW in a horrific limousine explosion - but when it comes down to it, Foley claimed that Shane was not garnering his sympathy - if it came down to the two of them, Mick said that he would take eleven years of frustration from working with Vince McMahon out, on his son Shane to win his fourth WWE Championship! Randy Orton suddenly walked into the interview, 'the Legend Killer' confronting Foley and telling him that Foley had embarrassed him last Monday on RAW. Orton told Mick that the same wouldn't happen again tonight, to which Foley agreed, let the best man win.
- ECW World Champion Marcus Cor Von was in the office of ECW General Manager Armando Estrada, getting hyped up by Elijah Burke going into his title defense tonight with CM Punk. 'The Elijah Experience' told Cor Von that tonight was about cementing the Era of the New Breed in ECW, and that by using CM Punk as a human sacrifice, they would have ECW on Sci-Fi under control, and under their regime. Estrada concurred, telling Cor Von that Punk was a menace, a problem, and that he would not be able to stand ECW having another Bobby Lashley representing them as their champion. 'The Alpha Male' continued to be motivated, but Cor Von eventually got tired of Estrada and Burke's assistance - Cor Von telling his New Breed ally and the General Manager that he would demolish 'the Straight Edge Superstar' tonight.
MATCH FIVE // ECW World Championship: Marcus Cor Von (c) def. CM Punkin 12:15 after the Pounce. Punk almost had the win with the Anaconda Vise, but Elijah Burke ran down to the ring and dragged the referee out of the ring, causing a distraction. Punk was able to take Burke out with a high knee and a bulldog, before delivering the Go To Sleep on Cor Von, but 'the Alpha Male' was able to get his foot on the bottom rope. Punk attempted another high knee, but Cor Von roped the referee in the way causing the referee to go down. This allowed Burke to slip into the ring and nail Punk with the ECW World Championship, allowing the finish to take place. After the match the New Breed celebrated, much to the irritation of 'the Straight Edge Superstar'.
- The Hardys were in the locker room, Jeff and Matt Hardy in disbelief that they had lost the World Tag Team Championship to Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch earlier tonight. Jeff was particularly angry, claiming that it was all because of the Money in the Bank briefcase, but Matt told Jeff that it was a sign of fate. Matt told Jeff that they have their rematch clause to cash in, but Matt wanted to implore Jeff to think about it first - he had had the opportunity of a lifetime waiting for him to strike at any time he wanted, on either the WWE Champion, the World Heavyweight Champion, or the ECW World Champion. Matt told Jeff to choose wisely, but he reminded Jeff that if he really wanted to pursue solo careers - now was his chance. Matt patted his brother on the back and left the room, leaving Jeff to concentrate on the Money in the Bank briefcase in front of him.
- Batista was in the backstage area, 'the Animal' prepared for everything when Theodore Long approached him, Teddy smiling as he told Batista that he knew he had it in him - but tonight was the proving point for 'the Animal' to take back what was his. Long claimed that Batista had been his friend for a long time, and that tonight he had the chance to pull it off - becoming World Heavyweight Champion one more time, and finally beating the Undertaker. Batista smiled at Long and nodded, 'the Animal' being wished luck by Long before he left.
MATCH SIX // WWE Intercontinental Championship: Bobby Lashley(c) def. Umaga in 15:38 after the Spear. Umaga jumped Lashley during his entrance, 'the Samoan Bulldozer' relentlessly attacking the challenger from behind on the aisleway. Umaga used a steel chair on Lashley before the bell sounded. Umaga targeted the shoulder of the challenger, who was able to fire back several times during the match. Lashley managed to kick out of one Samoan Spike. Late in the match, Lashley blocked a superplex attempt by the WWE Intercontinental Champion and shoved him back down into the ring, before connecting with a Spear from the top rope, which led to the finish.
- Santino Marella was watching Vengeance: Night of Champions on a monitor in the backstage area, 'the Italian Stallion' sad and confiding in his girlfriend Maria that he wanted more of a shot. Santino claimed that he hadn't received an opportunity to claim any gold thus far in his career, and that was his next challenge. In his strong, comical Italian voice, Santino claimed that he could beat the Undertaker or Batista, and he could beat Mr Kennedy or King Booker - Maria agreeing, but asking why Santino didn't mention John Cena. Marella explained that he couldn't beat John Cena, so tonight he was rooting for somebody easier to beat for the WWE Championship. Maria laughed but told him that he was doing great, and to just ask Jonathan Coachman or Shane McMahon for a shot. Jillian Hall entered the room, singing dreadfully. Hall exclaimed that if anybody were to complain about being deprived a shot at gold on Monday Night RAW, it was her. Jillian claimed that she didn't know who Santino was, but said that she was the most talented Diva on the brand right now, and that her voice could take her miles. Santino and Maria held their ears as Jillian started singing again into a microphone, but suddenly the microphone slipped from her hand! Outraged, Jillian turned to notice Cryme Tyme in possession of her amplifier and microphone, Shad Gaspard and JTG informing Jillian that it was nothing personal - just business! Santino and Maria were glad it happened, when Jillian let out a long, high-pitched scream!
MATCH SEVEN // World Heavyweight Championship: Batista def. The Undertaker (c) by disqualification in 21:35 after Edge nailed the Undertaker with a steel chair. The Houston crowd were supportive of the Undertaker in his hometown, meaning Batista was booed hostilely by the Texan crowd. Batista was incensed to end his third encounter with 'the Phenom' early, but the Undertaker shockingly kicked out of the Batista Bomb in the first minute at two. Batista was able to power out of two Tombstone Piledrivers and a Chokeslam, whereas Batista's second attempt at the Batista Bomb went thwarted. Batista tried to deliver a powerslam from one announce table through another at ringside, but 'the Deadman' reversed into the sidewalk slam sending both men crashing through another. Late in the match Batista reversed Old School into the spinebuster, but his attempt at a Batista Bomb got reversed into a Tombstone Piledriver attempt, when Edge interfered. After the match 'the Rated R Superstar' delivered numerous more chair shots to 'the Phenom' whilst the Houston crowd heavily booed. Edge finished off the shocking interference, delivering the Spear on Batista, leaving both combatants laying, having ruined a high stakes third encounter between 'the Animal' and 'the Deadman'.
- A much more enthusiastic Shane McMahon was in his office, Shane O'Mac having received a pet talk from King Booker earlier tonight, and Shane was now in a position where he could focus on the main event, and spend his time grieving for tomorrow night on Monday Night RAW. Shane was interrupted suddenly by Jonathan Coachman, the Executive Assistant entering the room. The Coach was stopped by Shane, who told Coachman that he had no time for him right now, on a night where he would become WWE Champion in his father's honor. Coach asked Shane what he was talking about, claiming that Shane had already ruined his assigned main event of Vengeance: Night of Champions tonight. Shane told Coachman that he wished that he could say this to him right now, that he believed Coach had something to do with Vince's limousine explosion. Coach was fuming at the idea that Shane had implicated him to be the murderer of the Chairman, Coachman telling Shane that he had no part in it! Coach then claimed that he was busy arguing with him when the limousine explosion happened. Shane told Coach that they would see about that, to which Coach responded that Shane had always had it out for him and he had no idea why, telling Shane that his father Vince McMahon was a great man - but his son was a total assh*le! Shane told Coach that there was a reason he was never allowed to be the permanent RAW General Manager - because he didn't belong in that role. Shane told Coach that he would see why he was the superior tonight, when he won the WWE Championship in Coach's own set up six-pack challenge, for his father's honor. And there would be nothing that Coachman could do about it!
MATCH EIGHT // WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Chavo Guerrero (c) def. Super Crazy in 5:54 after the Frog Splash across the leg. Super Crazy almost scored the win after an inside cradle. Crazy hit a springboard moonsault on Guerrero on the floor, which saw him favor his knee, allowing Chavo to capitalize on it. Guerrero aggressively went to work on it, until Crazy fought back later. Super Crazy missed the top rope moonsault, allowing the finish to take place.
- Todd Grisham was in the interview area with the WWE Champion John Cena, just moments away from the main event - where Cena would face five other opponents with his title at stake. Cena took a moment to get something off of his chest, pertaining to the fall of the Chairman Mr McMahon. Cena claimed that what he did to Vince McMahon was justified by one thing - and that's Vince's efforts to defame him. Cena claimed that he worked his ass off for years to become the WWE Champion, and he came from a small family in West Newbury, Massachusetts to get to the WWE, let alone become the face of the WWE as the champ. Cena said that Vince tried to do so much to get the WWE Championship away from him, and while he did contribute to the post-concussion syndrome that plagued his final weeks, he was sorry - but he had nothing to do with the supposed murder of the Chairman. Cena moved on promptly, excited to get in the six-pack challenge and kick some ass. He said that so many Superstars are coming for him, he may as well be the Fonz of the WWE. He said that Shane McMahon wants to do this for his father; Mr Kennedy wants to do this for his destiny; Mick Foley wants to do this to remind people of who he was; King Booker - apparently - wants to do this to suck up to Shane some more; and Randy Orton, he just wanted to do it. Cena said that all five of those men talked a big game, but that he was the WWE Champion, the man to beat - and that tonight he would not just persevere, but he would prove why he has been the WWE Champion for the past ten months; why he will continue to be the WWE Champion for another ten months - and after tonight, why he is the best that is in that ring to date!
MATCH NINE // WWE Championship - Six-Pack Challenge match: John Cena(c) def. Shane McMahon, King Booker, Mick Foley, Mr Kennedy& Randy Orton in 16:22 after the FU by Cena on Foley. McMahon and Booker worked together throughout this match, and at one point the time came where they were the only two men in the match, allowing Booker to lay down for Shane until Orton and Kennedy broke it up. Orton and Foley fought one another predominantly, 'the Legend Killer' seemingly not letting Mick Foley costing him the match with Booker on Monday Night RAW go forgotten. Orton delivered the RKO to gain retribution on Booker for good measure. At one point all five challengers targeted Cena to eliminate the WWE Champion from the scenario. Shane nearly scored the win with a roll-up with a handful of Cena's shorts, but Orton broke it up. Kennedy attempted the Green Bay Plunge on Cena, just for Orton to strike with an RKO, bringing both Kennedy and Cena crashing down to the ring. Orton covered Kennedy, but Foley dropped an elbow to break it up. Foley sized Cena up for the Mandible Claw with Mr Socko, but as he prepared for it, Cena responded swiftly with an FU for the win. Cena celebrated with the WWE Championship held high after the match, whilst Orton, Kennedy, Booker and McMahon all glared at Cena in anger, as Vengeance: Night of Champions went off the air.
- Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler called the action for the RAW matches, whilst Joey Stylesand Tazz called the action for the ECW matches, and Michael Coleand John Bradshaw Layfield commentated the SmackDown matches.
- There were video packages that preceded the ECW World Championship, World Heavyweight Championship and WWE Championship matches.
- Brief video packages aired before each championship match, reviewing past holders of that particular championship, from past to present.
- An advertisement aired, promoting Shane and Stephanie McMahon delivering a statement regarding their father Vince McMahon, who was presumed dead after his limousine exploded last week, tomorrow night on Monday Night RAW.
- An advertisement aired, promoting the next time the WWE will be on pay-per-view, for the Great American Bash, live on July 22. Dark match: Santino Marella def. Kenny Dykstra. (n/a)
WWE Great American Bash - July 22, 2007 -San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
June 25, 2007 - Corpus Christi, Texas - American Bank Center(7,000) "...To Be Loved" by Papa Roach Live on the USA Network (3.9)
- Monday Night RAW, just twenty-four hours after Vengeance: Night of Champions, went on the air with the entire RAW locker room stood on the rampway, headed by the mourning children of the recently deceased Chairman Vince McMahon, Shaneand StephanieMcMahonstood wearing black. Longtime ring announcer and WWE Legend Howard Finkel stood in the centre of the ring, as he led the American Bank Center in a ten-bell salute, dedicated to the life of the Chairman. Several WWE Superstars wept, whilst Shane held his mourning sister whilst she tried to fight back tears - Vince's face enveloped by black on the TitanTron behind them - a reminder of what took place last week, where Mr McMahon's limousine exploded in a tragic turn of events.
MATCH ONE // WWE Intercontinental Championship: Umaga (c) vs Bobby Lashley went to a no-contest in 8:22. It was explained that this rematch was granted to Lashley as a result of his victory by disqualification last night at Vengeance: Night of Champions. Umaga targeted the ribs of Lashley throughout the match. Late in the match Umaga accidentally splashed the official in the corner, and Lashley delivered a Spear taking Umaga down, but without a referee to count the fall. Lashley and Umaga brawled up the rampway, where Umaga fought off two more referees, before dodging a Spear from Lashley, sending Lashley hurling off the stage through an equipment table below! 'The Samoan Bulldozer' stood dominant, extending his grip on the WWE Intercontinental Championship, whilst officials attended to Lashley.
- Todd Grisham was stood in the backstage area with the reigning WWE Champion John Cena, Grisham asking Cena about his victory last night in the six pack challenge match to retain his title. Cena told Todd that he was standing here still the WWE Champion, because it will take a lot more than five other guys to dethrone him as the WWE Champion. Cena explained that he was already anxiously waiting for the next challenge, and after everything that went down he is sure that King Booker, Mick Foley, Mr Kennedy, and even Randy Orton would be wanting their own, exclusive shot at the WWE Championship. Cena told Todd that there were bigger issues at hand however, such as who killed Vince McMahon? John told Todd that the Chairman had been despondent for weeks, and as much as he would have loved to FU that son of a b*tch through the RAW announce table again - he was a larger than life person, and he wished him the best. Awkwardly, Stephanie McMahon approached John. Stephanie, still an emotional wreck after the ten-bell salute, shook her head at the WWE Champion - telling John that it was his fault her father had the worst final month of his life. Steph started breaking down, leaving. Cena didn't know what to make of the situation.
- Returning from the break, medics and officials were seen helping Bobby Lashley out of wreckage of the equipment table beneath the stage - the result of what went down during the opening WWE Intercontinental Championship match between Lashley and Umaga. Replays showed as Umaga narrowly avoided a Spear from Lashley on the rampway, causing the former ECW World Champion to crash and burn, falling several feet from the stage through a table. Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler promised an update on Lashley's condition, when King Booker's theme hit, bringing out the King and his wife, Queen Sharmell to loud boos. The Royal Couple walked to the ring hand in hand to loud boos, as Booker appeared to not be in a good mood tonight. Sharmell graced the microphone as she explained that the Corpus Christi crowd should be ashamed, and be more respecting of not just their King, but the King of the WWE - the late, great Chairman Vince McMahon. Sharmell explained that Vince had always treated them as royalty - and rightfully so. Sharmell however spoke ill of the six pack challenge last night. She said that it was unfair for her husband to be deprived of a one-on-one WWE Championship opportunity. The Texas crowd chanted 'assh*le' at Booker, who took the microphone and ordered his subjects to pipe down and listen to him talk. Booker explained that last night he was cheated out of the WWE Championship, and claimed that that throne belonged to the King. But Booker's words were cut short suddenly, as Mr Kennedy's theme hit, bringing out the loudmouth himself with a microphone in hand. Kennedy headed for the ring, as he told the King that with all due respect, while he did agree with the Royal Couple's comments - that he too felt cheated out of the WWE Championship. Kennedy told Booker that he respected his accomplishments: six times a World Heavyweight Champion. But Kennedy argued that whilst the King had made his respect - that Kennedy deserved that respect more. Kennedy elaborated by telling Booker that he was the future of this business, and that he deserves his own shot at the WWE Championship. Booker cut the loudmouth off, telling Kennedy to tell him that he did not just say that.
The two began to argue back and forth, when Mick Foley suddenly interrupted - 'the Hardcore Legend' telling the children to listen to "Dad" when he said that he had been up all night beside himself over the fact that he was not the WWE Champion! Foley told Kennedy and Booker that they both had excellent points, but told Booker and Kennedy that if they really wanted a shot at the WWE Championship - that they would have to go through him to get it, because Foley wanted one more opportunity to catch lightning in a bottle: to make it all happen, and claim the WWE Championship from John Cena! Foley demanded Kennedy and Booker to bring it, and very quickly, Kennedy and Booker nodded to one another and began to attack 'the Hardcore Legend'! Foley tried to fight them off, but Kennedy and Booker was too much. Booker and Kennedy then got into a shoving contest, but all the while Foley had reached into his sweat pants and revealed Mr Socko! Foley used the ropes to get back up to his feet - Mr Socko ready to strike...when Randy Orton hit the ring, 'the Legend Killer' causing Kennedy and Booker to scramble from the ring! Orton stood in the centre of the ring, whilst Foley cautiously dropped from the ring as well. Four of the men in last night's six pack challenge for the WWE Championship appeared to want another shot at John Cena's title - but who would get it?
- Stephanie McMahon was in the make-up department, still distraught over the tragic accident that took the life of her father Vince McMahon last Monday night on RAW. The make-up artist tried to comfort Steph, who explained that there was nothing she could do to change what had happened. In excessive mourning, Stephanie wept uncontrollably. That is when her brother Shane McMahon arrived. Quietly, Shane told his sister that she needed to get it together. Stephanie explained that her brother should be more upset, that they both spent their life with their father, on the road and in arenas across the world with the Chairman - raised, surrounded by WWE Legends and Hall of Famers. She reminisced about her father, whereas Shane put his hand on his sister's shoulder - advising that she stay here. Stephanie continued crying, as the McMahon children hugged; Stephanie clearly in a bad way whilst Shane silently mourned in concern.
MATCH TWO // Mark Henry def. Chris Masters in 3:54 after the World's Strongest Slam. Masters attempted to apply the Masterlock on Henry at ringside, but Henry was able to powerlift Masters onto his back, then backed him into the ring post. 'The Masterpiece' attempted to use the wrench on 'the World's Strongest Man', but the referee was able to stop him just in time, which led to Masters arguing with the official, making way for the finish.
- Executive Assistant Jonathan Coachman was in his office backstage, the Coach clearly confused by everything going on, as King Booker and Queen Sharmell were stood talking with Coach in an attempt to get him to grant the King a WWE Championship opportunity against John Cena, one-on-one. Coachman hesitated, then interrupted. Coachman explained that since the untimely passing of the Chairman Vince McMahon, his position as Executive Assistant had been suspended. Coach explained to them that if they wanted something, to ask Shane or Stephanie McMahon. The Royal Couple groaned, when Shane McMahonsuddenly entered the room. Shane told Booker and Sharmell that that was correct, ordering that they go and get ready for a match tonight. Whilst Coach shook his head in annoyance, Shane explained that the next WWE pay-per-view the Great American Bash was on July 22, and that since four men wanted the right to face John Cena one-on-one, tonight there would be a fatal four-way match to determine a number one contender. Booker was outraged, telling Shane that he knew from their history together that he deserved more than to be in the same ring as Randy Orton, Mick Foley and Mr Kennedy. Shane ordered the King to bow down to him, because now was not the time to mess with him. Booker left, when Sharmell attempted to speak up - but Shane warned her that if she opened her mouth, she would be fired. The Royal Couple left, when Shane confronted Coach, demanding that he meet him in the ring in a few minutes. Shane was prepared to address the Corpus Christi crowd, and Coachman was in a state of disdain.
- Shane McMahon made his way out to the ring to a mixed reaction, the son of the late Chairman walking down to the ring with no strutting or dancing to be seen, understandably, from Vince McMahon's son, given recent circumstances. Shane climbed into the ring slowly, as he held a microphone in his hand. Shane continued to receive a mixed reaction from the Corpus Christi crowd, as Shane explained that he understood that the fans both loved and hated his father with everything they had. He explained however that he also knew, that the same fans that hated his father also love the WWE - and that is all his father could have ever wanted. Shane explained that he had had an entire week to figure this situation out, and that it had been hard. He said that his mother Linda McMahon had officially resigned as the CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., and is taking it even worse than his dear sister Stephanie. He explained that Stephanie is not in a good place, and neither is Linda. Shane did state however that he had mulled everything over, and in the state of chaos it was decided in a meeting with the WWE Board of Directors this morning - that as of right now, McMahon's eldest would be made the Chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment! The crowd mostly booed, as Shane apologized - but that he would dedicate every decision that he will make as the Chairman of WWE to his father, and his father's legacy! Shane explained that nobody could ever dream to overshadow his father, and he knew that deep down, somewhere, the man or woman that orchestrated the limousine explosion that took his father's life last Monday night on RAW was smiling - so he should. Shane explained that he was opening up an investigation, and that all foul play will be rectified, and that he would bring the body of the individual that set up the assassination of his father, and present it to the masses for a public execution! Shane was passionate as he spoke of how his father demands that respect, that the person that did that to him be shamed - and most importantly, that Vince would have wanted Shane to do this in his honor!
Shane continued, explaining that with all that said, this is the dawning of a new era in WWE history, in sports entertainment history! The new Chairman stated that this was the first day of the rest of WWE's life - and that he would not fail in taking the WWE, taking Monday Night RAW, taking ECW, taking Friday Night SmackDown, to new heights - starting right now! The Texan crowd got riled up at the comments from the new boss, when all of a sudden Shane turned his attention to the Executive Assistant - ordering that Jonathan Coachman make his way down to the ring. Moments later, Jonathan Coachman came walking down in disagreement with Shane's words. Shane demanded that the production truck cut Coach's music, because this was no time to celebrate the work that Coach had done. Upon arriving in the ring, Shane looked Coachman dead in the eyes and told him that he thought that he was a miserable kiss-ass, and that the only reason he was ever Executive Assistant is because he was so far up Vince's ass. Shane explained that he was going to let an investigator take care of the details, but he felt that it was funny that Vince's final moments came at a time where Shane and Coach were at odds' ends. Shane told Coachman that he resented him, and the timing is suspicious. Coach rolled his eyes, which irked the new Chairman. Shane then slapped Coachman, but Coach slapped Shane back to a big ovation! Coachman took the microphone from Shane, telling the boss that enough was enough. Coachman told Shane that if he thought that he would plot to kill his own boss - he had another thing coming! Coach explained that nobody, not even his own son could take Vince McMahon's place. Coachman continued his tirade, explaining that Shane is just happy that now he can get his way, in an act of god scenario. Coachman did not hold back, apologizing for slapping Shane across the face - but if Shane hates him so much, and believes that he killed Shane's father with a limousine explosion: then why not fire him? Shane was awe-struck, as Coach threw down the microphone and began to leave. But Shane picked up the mic and asked where he thought he was going. Shane told Coachman that he didn't let him finish: that he wasn't about to fire Coach - he was much like his father, because in the interest of fairness - Coachman could fight for his right to become RAW General Manager tonight. Coach was surprised, but then Shane elaborated that he would become RAW GM if he won this match - but if he lost, then he would definitely be fired! At the announcement Coachman decided against it and began to leave, when Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch's music hit! Shane told Coach that he wasn't going anywhere, and that he had no say in the matter!
MATCH THREE // Handicap match: World Tag Team Champions Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch(w/Shane McMahon) def. Jonathan Coachman in 1:12 after the Sweet and Sour. As a result of the loss, Jonathan Coachman was fired from the WWE. Had Coachman won, he would have become RAW General Manager. Cade and Murdoch jumped Coachman on the rampway. Shane directed traffic from ringside, demanding not one but two Sweet and Sour attacks on the Coach. After the match as Cade and Murdoch celebrated, the new Chairman climbed into the ring and stood over Coach's lifeless body, telling the Coach that much like his father Vince used to say, "you're fired!"
- In the locker room, Mark Henry, Jeff Hardy, Cryme Tyme, La Résistance andKenny Dykstrawere stood watching on following the new Chairman of the WWE, Shane McMahon's first address as acting authority of the company. WWE Champion John Cena suddenly appeared - Cena removing his hat and addressing the troops. Cena explained that he knew that things looked bad: how Shane McMahon is not to be trusted. Cena claimed that while he disliked Vince McMahon - he knew deep down that Vince would definitely have not done that. La Résistance and Kenny Dykstra were appalled at the notion, claiming that Vince tried to end John Cena's career six weeks ago - and a month ago Cena drove Vince McMahon into a concussion. They believed that even Vince was capable of this. Kenny commented that this new era could be for good, because Shane was out for the champ's blood, and maybe his time was now. The crew filed out of the room, whilst 'the World's Strongest Man', Jeff Hardy and Cryme Tyme stood by, telling the WWE Champion that they were with him. Henry and Cryme Tyme began to leave, whilst Jeff suspiciously held his Money in the Bank briefcase up to Cena's face.
- Todd Grisham welcomed Mr Kennedy for an interview, ahead of the fatal four-way number one contender's match in the main event tonight. Kennedy cut Grisham off however, telling Todd that he could do ten times a better job of interviewing himself than Grisham ever could. Kennedy talked about how he was on the cusp of greatness, that he beat the Undertaker - that he was on the brisk of becoming the World Heavyweight Champion. And despite his loss, he knew how becoming a WWE Champion in the near future was his destiny - and by being positioned in a six pack challenge at Vengeance: Night of Champions, he felt disrespected. Not by a leader he is happy to call his friend, Chairman Shane McMahon - but by King Booker, by Mick Foley, by Randy Orton - and worst of all, John Cena. Kennedy claimed that Cena represented all that he despised: an undeserving champion with a will to never quit. Kennedy claimed that he has a four week plan, and that plan begins tonight when he proves Booker, Foley, and Orton wrong and he gets to go on to face the WWE Champion at the Great American Bash. Everything else will be explained...in time. Kennedy grinned at the thought.
MATCH FOUR // Mickie James def. Melina by disqualification in 6:09 after Beth Phoenix attacked Mickie. Melina was frustrated after losing to Candice Michelle last night at Vengeance: Night of Champions, and was aggressive in her attack. Mickie was setting up for the Mickie-DT when Phoenix hit the ring, blind sighting James. Phoenix left Mickie laying with the chickenwing facebuster, when WWE Women's Champion Candice Michelle hit the ring, attempting to fight Beth off until Melina jumped Candice! Melina and Phoenix had a brief staredown until Beth suddenly stormed out of the ring.
- The World Tag Team Champions Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch were in the backstage corridor celebrating their handicap victory against Jonathan Coachman. Cade lamented that they had gotten rid of the pipsqueak Coach and gained a great new boss in Shane McMahon in the process. Murdoch meanwhile was stoked to have re-climbed the mountain and become World Tag Team Champions again, in twenty-four hours no less. Murdoch eagerly anticipated the amount of booze they could drink tonight in celebration of their new hot run, when suddenly Jeff Hardy showed up - a fire lit under the former World Tag Team Champion. Jeff growled as he told Cade and Murdoch that he knew they thought they were on fire as Shane's new boys, and how they beat him and Matt last night at Vengeance - but Jeff reminded Cade and Murdoch of the rematch clause, and although Matt isn't here tonight, he sure as hell would be next week! Cade and Murdoch laughed at Jeff challenging them, telling the Hardy that they would prove once again next week why they were on top of the RAW tag team division. The arrogant champions left, whilst Jeff stood angrily - pounding a nearby wall in frustration.
- Backstage, Mickie James was seen recovering in the Divas locker room, as WWE Women's Champion Candice Michelle attempted to comfort her. Candice wondered what Beth Phoenix's issue was, but told Mickie that they would seek revenge on her and Melina for tonight. All of a sudden, Beth stormed the locker room - Phoenix jumping Mickie again and ramming her head against the floor repeatedly! Candice forced Beth against the wall, but the brute power of Beth powered Candice back to the floor. Phoenix glared Mickie out before leaving - the maniacal Beth Phoenix clearly with no love lost for Mickie James!
MATCH FIVE // Fatal Four-Way: Mr Kennedy def. Mick Foley, Randy Orton& King Booker (w/Queen Sharmell) in 14:33 after Kennedy pinned Booker. Prior to the finish, Orton delivered an RKO to Booker but Foley took him and 'the Legend Killer' out of the picture with a Cactus Clothesline out of the ring, allowing Kennedy to claim the pinfall. As a result of the victory, Kennedy gained contention, and will challenge John Cena for the WWE Championship at the Great American Bash on July 22. Kennedy and Booker worked as a unit for a period of this match, until egos got involved as to who claimed a pinfall attempt. After the match John Cena was seen watching on a backstage monitor, applauding Kennedy's win, who he will now meet at the Great American Bash for the WWE Championship. Kennedy celebrated and left the ring, leaving 'the Hardcore Legend' to stand alone in the ring. Foley received a standing ovation from the Texas crowd, when Randy Orton slid into the ring and delivered an RKO to his on-and-off nemesis! Orton was booed for his ambush, 'the Legend Killer' with his eyes popping out of his skull - Foley obviously in a world of hurt, as Monday Night RAW went off the air!
- A video package aired following the ten-bell salute, dedicated to the life and times of Vince McMahon.
- It was announced that WWE Women's Champion Candice Michelle and Mickie James would take on Melina and Beth Phoenix next week on Monday Night RAW.
- It was announced that Bobby Lashley would return to Monday Night RAW next week, revealed by Jim Rossand Jerry Lawler to have only suffered minor injuries from the incident with Umaga earlier tonight.
- It was announced that ECW World Champion Marcus Cor Von would team up with New Breed ally Elijah Burke to take on CM Punkand Chris Benoit in a rematch of what was meant to take place last week on ECW on Sci-Fi, tomorrow night.
- An advertisement aired for the WWE Great American Bash, live on pay-per-view on Sunday, July 22. WWE HEAT, available on WWE.com - Jillian Hall def. Kylie Jacksonafter the full nelson facebuster. (4:00) - The Sandman def. Frankie Bennettafter the Russian legsweep. (1:15) - La Résistance(Sylvain Grenier and Robert Conway) def. Adam Lincolnand Brett Steer after the Au Revoir. (3:11) - William Regaldef. Jim Dugganafter the Regal Stretch. (5:15)
WWE Great American Bash - July 22, 2007 -San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
- WWE Championship: John Cena(c) vs Mr Kennedy - More matches to be announced.
June 26, 2007- San Antonio, Texas - AT&T Center (8,000) "Don't Question My Heart" by Saliva Aired on the Sci-Fi Network (1.7)
- ECW on Sci-Fi went on the air with ECW General Manager Armando Estrada stood in the centre of the ring, surrounded by a negative reaction brought on by the San Antonio crowd. Estrada grinned as he talked about how several weeks ago, he personally ushered in a new era in ECW with the Era of the New Breed. Little did he know what would transpire, and how he was sincerely apologetic to hear about the passing of the late, great Vince McMahon. Estrada however was accepting, and more than proud to call Shane McMahon the new Chairman of the WWE. The Cuban suspiciously seemed to be protecting himself after Jonathan Coachman's hostile firing last night on Monday Night RAW. Estrada moved forward, as he personally introduced the men responsible for the Era of the New Breed in ECW, and out came Marcus Cor Von, with Elijah Burke personally holding 'the Alpha Male's ECW World Championship high for him! 'The Elijah Experience' walked to the ring behind his man, who appeared ecstatic and full of energy; fresh off of defeating CM Punk at Vengeance: Night of Champions forty-eight hours ago. Burke and Cor Von shook hands with Estrada, who left. Cor Von talked big about how he told CM Punk that he couldn't hang with the best that ECW had to offer - and enough said, Cor Von proved that he was the Superstar that ECW needed to take that much needed step into the twenty-first century: but it's such a shame that it came seven years too late. Cor Von did admit that he couldn't take all of the credit however, thanking his best friend Elijah Burke for helping out a little in their match at Vengeance. Suddenly however, 'the Straight Edge Superstar' came storming out to the ring; CM Punk with a fire set beneath him! Punk tried to get in the ring to go after the New Breed, but Cor Von and Burke backed off and advised that Punk reconsider for a moment. Punk wasn't in the mood though, taking a microphone of his own and demanding that the New Breed stop hiding from the reality that they would get their faces smashed, and that they would each Go to Sleep! Burke and Cor Von congregated in the corner, before Cor Von stepped out to the apron. Elijah with a microphone in hand, stepped up to Punk and attempted to explain to Punk that there came a time where Punk had the chance to join them, but he trounced it. Punk suddenly nailed Burke across the face with the mic, and mounted Burke with rights and lefts - just to be hit by a Pounce from Cor Von! The New Breed began to bring the beating to 'the Straight Edge Superstar', when Chris Benoit hit the ring, 'the Rabid Wolverine' causing the ECW World Champion and Burke to flee the ring! Benoit aided to Punk, and it was clear that the tag team match planned for last week would actually take place tonight, in the main event!
MATCH ONE // Tommy Dreamer def. Mike Knoxin 6:25 after the small package. Dreamer attempted to introduce a trash can into the match, but the referee refused it. Knox was in control, but 'the ECW Original' was defiant and kept bringing the fight to Knox. After the match Dreamer fled the ring, and when Knox came chasing after him, Dreamer struck Knox repeatedly with a Singapore cane, causing Knox to backpeddle from 'the Innovator of Violence'!
- Elijah Burke was backstage, clearly reeling still from the attack from CM Punk. 'The Elijah Experience' was complaining to 'the Alpha Male' Marcus Cor Von about the shot from the microphone 'the Straight Edge Superstar' had delivered to him; but the ECW World Champion was clearly upset with the fact that Punk was all up in their business still. Cor Von told Burke that the New Breed would get payback, and for Punk and Chris Benoit: payback was a bitch. Cor Von claimed that this would end tonight. All of a sudden, the duo were interrupted by John Morrison, who came into the room sarcastically clapping. Accompanied by his publicist John McBride. Morrison sarcastically claimed that it was a good effort, before leaving. Cor Von and Burke clamored wondering who the hell that was.
- The Extreme Exposé were sat on a bench with Val Venis, who was eagerly awaiting confrontation with John Morrison; 'the Big Valbowski' revigorated by last week's disappointing loss to 'the Guru'. Kelly Kelly, Layla and Brooke clearly felt slightly neglected as Venis did push-ups on the floor. They asked Val if he really had to fight tonight, and wondered why the four of them couldn't just finish up early and hit the town. Venis concluded his preparation and told the trio that he had been upstaged by John Morrison one too many times. Val claimed that celebration would come after he shut that righteous creep's mouth, and that 'the Big Valbowski' promised to explode "more than once" tonight.
MATCH TWO // John Morrison (w/John McBride) def. Val Venis(w/The Extreme Exposé) in 7:58 after the Moonlight Drive. The Moonlight Drive is the hanging neckbreaker, coined by the announce team. Venis was fired up and came close to putting Morrison away on two separate occasions, with Morrison able to roll from the ring after the Money Shot connected. Venis applied the Venis Flytrap on Morrison, but a motorcycle was heard, distracting Val. Out came Chuck Palumbo on a motorcycle, pulling up in front of the Extreme Exposé. Val went to investigate, allowing the finish to take place. After the match Palumbo drove off, and clearly the Diva trio's attention was on the returning Palumbo.
- Chris Benoit was seen preparing for the tag team main event when CM Punk, clearly still in a bad mood, approached 'the Rabid Wolverine'. 'The Straight Edge Superstar' thanked Benoit for having his back tonight against the New Breed, but claimed that he could have taken Marcus Cor Von and Elijah Burke on his own. The Canadian begged to differ, telling Punk that he was getting his ass kicked, and that's no lie. Benoit told Punk that what happened last week couldn't happen again. Benoit iterated that he was on ECW on Sci-Fi to clean things up and open eyes: and Punk would not get in his way. Punk told Benoit the same, telling Benoit that the ECW World Championship was in his future - but he would do it his way. Benoit walked away, clearly some tension brewing between Punk and Benoit ahead of the tag team main event.
MATCH THREE // The Boogeyman def. Daivari in 0:45 after the pumphandle slam. Prior to the match Daivari stood in the ring on the microphone, talking about how a monster was coming to ECW on Sci-Fi, making his debut tonight - and yet so was he. Daivari spoke negatively on the American crowd, claiming that his heritage and upbringing in India was superior to any of those in San Antonio tonight. The Boogeyman interrupted. After the match Boogeyman poured worms down Daivari's throat, the unorthodox Boogeyman having finally arrived on ECW.
- Rebecca was backstage, attempting to get a word with Mike Knox who appeared completely shocked by the upset to Tommy Dreamer tonight. Knox simply stated that he lost to an ECW Original tonight, but that would not happen again. Knox repeated those words several times, claiming that Tommy Dreamer's blood would be the last of a dying generation.
- ECW General Manager Armando Estrada was seen down a corridor talking on the phone, the Cuban seemingly on the phone with the new Chairman Shane McMahon. Armando was sucking up to Shane, claiming that he did a great job in his first night as Chairman on RAW - but Estrada suddenly got panicked, and despite claiming to have everything under control, Estrada was blown away as Shane appeared to tell Armando that he would be coming to ECW next week! The conversation ended, and Armando was clearly rocked by the bombshell the new boss had dropped on Armando.
MATCH FOUR // CM Punkand Chris Benoitdef. The New Breed(ECW World Champion Marcus Cor Von and Elijah Burke) in 14:20 after the Anaconda Vise by Punk on Burke, whilst Benoit applied the Crossface on Cor Von. The New Breed targeted the ribs of Punk, still affecting 'the Straight Edge Superstar' after their recent encounters. Benoit and Punk had a miscommunication, which led to the finish despite this. After the match 'the Straight Edge Superstar' and 'the Rabid Wolverine' hesitantly had their hands raised, but traded comments and got in one anothers' face. Burke and Cor Von recovered at ringside when ECW General Manager Armando Estrada made his way out to the aisleway. Armando made it official - that the new Chairman Shane McMahon would be making his way to ECW on Sci-Fi next week, and in order to impress the new boss he was making a blockbuster main event: CM Punk, one-on-one with Chris Benoit - and the winner would go on to face Marcus Cor Von for the ECW World Championship at the Great American Bash! Punk looked absolutely shocked by the announcement, annoyed that his opportunity was suddenly in jeopardy - whilst Benoit looked determined. Punk and Benoit continued to trade words, whilst Cor Von and Burke were left beside themselves at ringside, as ECW on Sci-Fi went off the air!
- A tribute package aired, covering the life and times of the late former Chairman, Vince McMahon.
- It was announced that Tommy Dreamer and Stevie Richards would take on John Morrison and Mike Knox next week on ECW on Sci-Fi.
- It was announced that SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long had a huge announcement to deliver to the world this Friday night on SmackDown.
- It was announced that Roddy Piper would be present this coming Friday to conduct a live Piper's Pit with the WWE United States Champion and his opponent from Vengeance: Night of Champions, Montel Vontavious Porter - this week on SmackDown.
- An advertisement aired, promoting the WWE Great American Bash, live on pay-per-view on Sunday, July 22.
WWE Great American Bash - July 22, 2007 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
- WWE Championship: John Cena(c) vs Mr Kennedy
- ECW World Championship: Marcus Cor Von (c) vs CM Punk or Chris Benoit - More matches to be announced.
June 29, 2007 - San Antonio, Texas - AT&T Center (8,000) "Rise Up 2006" by Drowning Pool Broadcast on The CW (2.5)
- As Friday Night SmackDown went on the air, the SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long was stood in the centre of the ring with Vickie Guerrero by his side; the Assistant SmackDown GM clearly looking concerned about something. Long held a microphone before him as he discussed the third encounter between 'the Phenom' and 'the Animal' at Vengeance: Night of Champions last Sunday night on pay-per-view. He talked about how they both fought hard, harder than they did at WrestleMania, and harder than they did at Backlash in Last Man Standing. But when the dust settled, it was one man that forced the match to come to an end - it was Edge. Teddy explained that the World Heavyweight Championship is now in jeopardy, because it was 'the Rated R Superstar' who, in his attack on 'the Deadman', injured the World Heavyweight Champion: and as a result, the title has been held up - vacated. The San Antonio crowd booed loudly, when Long came up with a compromise for this issue, and it involves an eight man single-elimination tournament that will begin tonight - and conclude at the Great American Bash on July 22, with one Superstar emerging as the World Heavyweight Champion! The crowd applauded, when Edge suddenly interrupted! 'The Rated R Superstar' was booed mercilessly, the saboteur of Vengeance's World Heavyweight Championship match making his way down to the ring with an obnoxious grin on his face. Edge emerged in the ring, kissing the hand of Vickie Guerrero in respect...before facing Long. Edge had his own microphone as he talked about how that was one hell of a way to make an impact, asking Teddy for his agreement. Long remained silent, but Edge continued that he had officially signed a deal to become the newest member of Friday Night SmackDown - and what he did to the Undertaker and Batista on Sunday was not a bad way to get off to a hot start. Edge attempted to justify himself, calling himself an 'Ultimate Opportunist' - but then asked the General Manager if the tournament was really necessary. Edge proposed that, due to him being the man to force the Undertaker on the shelf with injury: why not just hand him the World Heavyweight Championship and avoid four weeks of title purgatory? Edge laughed, but Theodore Long was clearly in no mood to joke. Teddy told Edge that he was lucky to even be in this tournament, and that Vickie persuaded him to include him - it's just unfortunate that Edge's opponent tonight is even more of an opportunist: and with that, Ric Flair made his way out to the ring! 'The Nature Boy' strutted down to the ring, declaring a long and loud "wooo!" in Edge's face!
- Michael Cole and John Bradshaw Layfield elaborated on the extent of the injuries caused to the Undertaker by Edge during 'the Phenom's World Heavyweight Championship defense last Sunday at Vengeance: Night of Champions. 'The Deadman' received fourteen stitches, the result of being busted open; as well as a torn bicep - the result of 'the Ultimate Opportunist'. They recited that SmackDown General Manager had vacated the World Heavyweight Championship as a result, then revealed the eight SmackDown Superstars set to do battle in pursuit of the gold: Edge vs Ric Flair and the Great Khali vs Finlay tonight; Batista vs Carlito and Kane vs Montel Vontavious Porter next week; the semi-finals in two weeks time - and finally on July 22 at the Great American Bash, the finals to determine a new World Heavyweight Champion.
- Hornswoggle was backstage watching the announcement of his friend Finlay's involvement in the World Heavyweight Championship tournament. He jumped with joy, as 'the Fighting Irishman' appeared beside 'the Little Bastard'. Hornswoggle wanted to hug, but Finlay stopped the leprechaun before he could. Finlay told Hornswoggle that tonight is very important to him. He said that he had the opportunity to become the first Irish-born World Heavyweight Champion, and he didn't want to take any chances. Finlay then iterated that tonight he was also up against big competition in the Great Khali: and he has to be careful. Finlay stressed to Hornswoggle that he had to stay backstage - 'the Fighting Irishman' telling Hornswoggle that he would meet up with him after his match: he had to go get focused. Hornswoggle looked disappointed.
MATCH ONE // WWE Tag Team Champions Paul London and Brian Kendrick and the Dalton Boys (Jesse and Festus Dalton) def. Deuce 'n Dominoand the World's Greatest Tag Team(Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas) (w/Cherry) in 9:39 by disqualification after Domino nailed Kendrick with Cherry's lead pipe. The Dalton Boys brought the fight to Benjamin and Haas any point they were in the ring with one another. After the match Deuce 'n Domino continued to attack London and Kendrick until the Dalton Boys ran Deuce 'n Domino off. Deuce grabbed a microphone whilst the former champions stood on the aisleway, declaring that they lost again at Vengeance: Night of Champions, but they weren't finished with London and Kendrick. They guaranteed victory because it would be the last time they challenge London and Kendrick for their titles: that's how sure they were. Domino concurred, challenging the WWE Tag Team Champions to put the titles on the line inside a steel cage next week on Friday Night SmackDown!
- Josh Mathews was backstage, making his return to backstage interviewing duties after a lengthy absence. He was joined by a threatening guest in Carlito, who was not happy to see Josh. Carlito bit into his apple as Josh asked Carlito about this opportunity to become the next World Heavyweight Champion. Carlito however didn't look Josh in the eyes, and appeared to look like he could care less. Carlito scoffed at the fact that Ric Flair beat him last week. He said that 'the Nature Boy' only managed to win because he decided he didn't want to win. Carlito then explained that Flair has his shot to qualify in the World Heavyweight Championship tournament tonight - because he's selfish. He talked about how Flair's best days are way behind him, yet he still stands here pretending like he has a real shot at becoming a seventeen-time World Heavyweight Champion. Carlito said that it wouldn't happen on his watch - and maybe, just maybe in four weeks - we would see the crowning of Carlito as the World Champion: "now that would be cool". Josh was relieved that Carlito didn't spit the apple in his face.
MATCH TWO // Victoria def. Ashley in 3:58 after the Widow's Peak. Victoria mainly controlled this match, with Ashley repeatedly trying to fight back. Victoria hit the Widow's Peak on Ashley during the match, shocking her as the Playboy covergirl managed to kick out. The second attempt fared better for Victoria. After the match Victoria tried to attack Ashley further, but Michelle McCool came out to the ring - and Victoria decided that she wanted none of it.
- Matt Hardy was backstage warming up for tag team competition with Nunzio, who wanted to let Hardy know that he was apologetic for the Hardys losing the World Tag Team Championships to Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch last Sunday night at Vengeance. Hardy told Nunzio not to worry about it, but the Italian was persistent telling Matt that he knew he wasn't Jeff and they weren't Team Xtreme, but he could do some cool high-flying stuff too. Matt told Nunzio that that wouldn't be necessary. He claimed that he and Jeff would regain the World Tag Team Championship on RAW this Monday night, but tonight he had some business to exact with Paul Burchill and Dave Taylor - and he wanted Nunzio to have his back. Hardy walked away, whilst Nunzio appeared thrilled at the opportunity to team with a real Hardy Boy!
MATCH THREE // World Heavyweight Championship Quarter-Final: The Great Khali (w/Ranjin Singh)def. Finlay in 7:17 after the Vice Grip. Before the match 'the Punjabi Nightmare's new translator Ranjin Singh introduced himself on the microphone, talking about the Great Khali's potential, and how he promised to become the first Punjabi World Heavyweight Champion in WWE history. As a result of winning, the Great Khali qualified to the semi-final round of the World Heavyweight Championship tournament, where he will face the winner of Batista vs Carlito, in two weeks time. Finlay was defiant against Khali's dominance, targeting the legs and even managing to tip Khali off of his feet. Finlay was however, unable to get Khali up for a body slam. Late in the match Finlay attempted to introduce the shillelagh but Ranjin Singh grabbed it, beginning a tug of war which led to the finish. After the match Khali refused to break the Vice Grip on 'the Fighting Irishman', until Kane's pyrotechnics hit and 'the Big Red Monster' came stomping out to face Khali in the centre of the ring again! Kane stood chest to nose with the Great Khali, who eventually left with Singh.
- Deuce 'n Domino were in the hallway laughing about their attack on Paul London and Brian Kendrick with Cherry, as Deuce presented the lead pipe that had been so recurring throughout their rivalry with the WWE Tag Team Champions. Suddenly SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long came walking up to the trio, Long unable to comprehend how they could go over his head and try and challenge London and Kendrick to a steel cage match next week. Long was visibly more angry than usual, to which Domino picked up on - asking Long to go and take a chill pill. Teddy continued to chew Deuce 'n Domino out for their actions, when Paul Londonand Brian Kendrick suddenly showed up: still hurting from the beating earlier tonight. London told Deuce 'n Domino that next week, for the final time; Deuce 'n Domino were on. London and Kendrick left, the steel-cage match for the WWE Tag Team Championships official for next week on Friday Night SmackDown.
- In the AT&T Center, the tartan carpet was laid out, and two stools sat in the centre of the ring: meaning only one thing! Roddy Piper's music hit, bringing out the respected WWE Hall of Famer - 'the Rowdy One' receiving a warm ovation from the San Antonio crowd, as he came walking to the ring kilted up and ready to go on the return of Piper's Pit! Piper even bowed to the fans in the ring, as Roddy thanked the Texas crowd for their generosity, their attention - and most importantly, their respect. Roddy talked about what an asskicking he received at Vengeance. He said that it reminded him of the old days, where he would be across that ring from Greg Valentine - but he told the fans not to make any mistake about it: that a man like Montel Vontavious Porter had a long ways to go to being compared to someone like Greg Valentine: and an even longer way to being compared to 'the Hot Rod' himself! Piper explained that while Porter may have retained the WWE United States Championship last Sunday - Roddy still gave him what's for, and the reason he was here tonight was plain and simple: he wanted to see if Montel Vontavious Porter had the gall to step foot in the same ring as him, look him in the eyes, and shake his hand. The San Antonio crowd saluted Piper, who called 'the Franchise Playa' out. Montel Vontavious Porter was not long behind, hopping out in a lavish suit with shades; MVP goading with the WWE United States Championship on his shoulder. Porter walked to the ring and climbed inside, where Piper told Montel that he knew he was better than the guys in the back had said. Piper instructed MVP to remove his shades, reminding him of how they were indoors. MVP complied, but then told Piper that he wanted to let 'Hot Rod' know that although the right man won at Vengeance - Piper was pretty tough for an old man with one hip. Piper laughed it off, when MVP told Piper that he heard everything he was saying, and that he was right: he had a ways to go to becoming a headliner, a top tier legend in this business - but he was getting there. Porter extended his hand to Roddy, telling him that he earned this handshake from 'the Franchise Playa'. Piper was reluctant to MVP's obnoxious wording, but eventually shook hands fiercely with the WWE United States Champion. They broke off, when Porter told Roddy that he was wrong on one thing - and that's how MVP was already better than 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper'. MVP suddenly lambasted Piper with the WWE United States Championship, then removed his jacket and began to lay hard rights into the temple of the WWE Hall of Famer! MVP set Piper up, who had started bleeding - and left 'Hot Rod' laying with a Playmaker, dead centre of the ring! 'The Franchise Playa' looked at the blood stains on his suit, but recomposed himself and held the WWE United States Championship high - MVP leaving a bloody Roddy Piper laying in the centre of the ring!
- Josh Mathews was standing in the interview area, welcoming in the man that some say was screwed out of the World Heavyweight Championship at Vengeance: Night of Champions, Batista. 'The Animal' smiled despite the situation, as Josh outlined how Edge interfered in the WrestleMania rematch with 'the Phenom' - resulting in the match ending with Batista without the World Heavyweight Championship. Mathews brought up next week's quarter-final bout between himself and Carlito, and asked 'the Animal' for his thoughts on how everything has transpired. Batista told Josh that he wishes he could be more angry, and while he is annoyed at how it happened - it's happened, and there is nothing he can do about it. Batista said that he is chasing the mile high that he was on before he lost the World Heavyweight Championship to the Undertaker at WrestleMania; he's chasing the high that he had before his injury, suffered in the Last Man Standing match with 'the Phenom' at Backlash - but now he plans to act, and act fast. Batista claimed that it seems like fate that has taken 'the Deadman' out of action: and now, starting next week with Carlito - he gets back on the right path. Batista told Josh to mark down the days until the Great American Bash because one man would prevail as the World Heavyweight Champion...'the Animal' Batista! Batista was suddenly stopped by a grinning Edge; 'the Rated R Superstar' wishing Batista luck in the tournament. 'The Animal' stayed calming, similarly wishing 'the Ultimate Opportunist' luck against Ric Flair tonight.
MATCH FOUR // Paul Burchill and Dave Taylordef. Matt Hardyand Nunzio in 6:43 after the Curbstomp by Burchill on Nunzio. Hardy repeatedly attempted to fight Burchill, who tagged out whenever Hardy was after him. Matt and Nunzio delivered Poetry in Motion on Taylor during the match. Nunzio even scored a close fall on Taylor with the Sicilian Slice, but Burchill struck - which led to the finish. After the match Hardy attempted to fight Burchill, who wisely backed from the ring. Hardy grabbed a microphone, officially challenging Burchill to a match - mano-e-mano next Friday night on SmackDown. Burchill talked trash back at Hardy, who looked driven after a bad week for tag team competition.
- Kristal was in her boyfriend's office talking with Vickie Guerrero about her hair, the Assistant General Manager happy to tell Kristal all about it, when Theodore Long came walking in. The SmackDown General Manager appeared flustered, as he couldn't believe what a crazy night this had turned into. Vickie and Kristal exchanged looks, when Kristal sat down and asked Long if he wanted a massage, peeling him from his suit jacket. Long was looking forward to relaxing with his girlfriend - but just before he could get the opportunity, in strolled the WWE United States Champion Montel Vontavious Porter fresh off of beating 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper to a pulp on Piper's Pit! 'The Franchise Playa' looked at his bloodied shirt, then looked up at Long: telling him that that's what he thought to Long's idea of competition.
MATCH FIVE // Super Crazy def. Jamie Noble(w/Gregory Helms) in 7:59 after the moonsault. Helms was at ringside in Noble's corner for some reason, creating speculation among the announce team. Helms attempted to distract Crazy, which backfired as Noble began arguing with Helms instead, which led to the finish. After the match Helms jumped Crazy, until Shannon Moore hit the ring and took both men down with a missile dropkick. Moore stood tall, when Jimmy Wang Yang came out to the ring, suddenly drilling his tag team partner Moore with an enzuigiri! Wang Yang stood tall, when WWE Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero made his way out to investigate the madness unfolding in the division before him!
- Torrie Wilson was sat in the locker room of 'the Nature Boy', where she looked at a framed photo of the sixteen-time World Champion taken from the 1980s. Ric Flair then arrived, 'the Nature Boy' greeting his friend Torrie with a hug. Flair spun around for Torrie, asking her how he looked. Torrie was blown away, and asked Ric if he thought that he could get the job done. Ric told Torrie that it had been a rocky couple of years, but that he knew he could still go. Naitch explained that it had been seven years since he was last the World Heavyweight Champion - but that in that time he has gotten better. Flair said that he was like fine wine - the older, the better: and he said that this tournament is all because of his opponent tonight, Edge. It started when Edge took the Undertaker out of action at Vengeance, and it ends tonight, with 'the Nature Boy' putting 'the Rated R Superstar' in his place. And then in four weeks time, at the Great American Bash - an event he put on the map in the first place: it comes full circle, and 'the Nature Boy' will emerge as a seventeen-time World Heavyweight Champion, 'The Man' once again!
MATCH SIX // World Heavyweight Championship Quarter-Final: Edge def. Ric Flair(w/Torrie Wilson) in 13:03 after the Spear. As a result of winning, Edge qualified to the semi-final round of the tournament, where he will meet the victor of Kane vs Montel Vontavious Porter, in two weeks time. Flair pulled out all of his old tricks against 'the Rated R Superstar', doing what made him a World Champion in his heyday to gain control against 'the Ultimate Opportunist'. Edge targeted the shoulder of Flair during the match, even running Flair shoulder-first into the ring posts several times in a row. Late in the match Flair appeared to be locking in the Figure-Four Leglock on Edge when Carlito came walking down to ringside. He attempted to grab his ex-girlfriend Torrie's hand, but she refused and slapped him, causing an argument. Flair relinquished the hold and left the ring, wanting to fight Carlito. The distraction allowed Edge to roll out of the ring, then connect with a Spear on Flair right on the floor! He rolled Flair in and connected with a second, giving him the win. After the match Carlito hit the ring and started stomping away at Flair, which Edge decided to join in on. The two continued to attack 'the Nature Boy' until Batista suddenly hit the ring, 'the Animal' clearing Edge from the ring with a clothesline, then hitting a Spinebuster taking Carlito from the ring! Batista helped up his former mentor from the Evolution days, Flair hugging 'the Animal', as Friday Night SmackDown went off the air.
- Throughout the first hour of the show, clips of Roddy Piper's glory days of hosting Piper's Pit aired; including Piper cracking a coconut across the skull of Jimmy Snuka in 1983; Piper's presence in the Hulk Hoganand André the Giant rivalry in 1987; and Piper humiliating Morton Downey Jr. at WrestleMania V.
- Maryse was seen suggestively lifting weights in the gym, welcoming us back from the commercial break.
- It was announced that Chavo Guerrero would defend the WWE Cruiserweight Championship in a six pack challenge against Jamie Noble, Shannon Moore, Super Crazy, Gregory Helmsand Jimmy Wang Yang, next Friday night on SmackDown.
- It was announced that WWE Champion John Cena would team up with Mark Henry to take on Mr Kennedyand King Booker this coming week on Monday Night RAW.
- An advertisement aired, promoting the WWE Great American Bash, live on pay-per-view on Sunday, July 22.
8-Man Tournament for the Vacant World Heavyweight Championship (June 29, 2007 - July 22, 2007)
Quarter-Finals Friday Night SmackDown (6/29/2007) //The Great Khali def. Finlay Friday Night SmackDown(6/29/2007) // Edge def. Ric Flair Friday Night SmackDown(7/6/2007) // Carlito vs Batista Friday Night SmackDown (7/6/2007) // Montel Vontavious Porter vs Kane
Semi-Finals Friday Night SmackDown(7/13/2007) // The Great Khali vs Batista or Carlito Friday Night SmackDown (7/13/2007) // Edge vs Kane or Montel Vontavious Porter
Finals The Great American Bash (7/22/2007) // TBA vs TBA
Dark Match: Mike Mizanin(w/Brie and Nikki) def. Funaki (n/a)
WWE Great American Bash - July 22, 2007 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
- WWE Championship: John Cena(c) vs Mr Kennedy
- World Heavyweight Championship - Tournament Finals: TBA vs TBA - ECW World Championship: Marcus Cor Von (c) vs CM Punk or Chris Benoit - More matches to be announced.
WWE HOUSE SHOWS RAW - Louisiana SmackDown/ECW - Texas
RAW - June 30, 2007 - Baton Rouge, LA:
Santino Marella def. William Regal Cody Rhodes def. Kenny Dykstra Snitsky def. The Sandman in an Extreme Rules match Lance Cadeand Trevor Murdoch(c) def. Cryme Tyme(Shad Gaspard and JTG) to retain the World Tag Team Championship Jeff Hardyand Mark Henrydef. King Bookerand Chris Masters Umaga (c) def. Bobby Lashley by disqualification to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship Candice Michelle(c) def. Melina to retain the WWE Women's Championship John Cena(c) def. Randy Orton& Mr Kennedy to retain the WWE Championship SmackDown/ECW - June 30, 2007 - Abilene, TX:
CM Punk def. Elijah Burke Chuck Palumbodef. Val Venis John Morrisondef. Stevie Richards The World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas)def. The Major Brothers(Brian and Brett Major) Chavo Guerrerodef. Ryan O'Reilly Paul Londonand Brian Kendrick(c) def. Deuce 'n Domino& The Dalton Boys (Jesse and Festus Dalton) to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship Kane def. The Great Khali by disqualification Marcus Cor Von (c) def. Chris Benoit to retain the ECW World Championship Batista, Ric Flairand Finlay def. Edge, Montel Vontavious Porterand Mike Mizanin RAW - July 1, 2007 - Boussier City, LA:
Cody Rhodes def. William Regal Santino Marelladef. Chris Masters Candice Michelle and Mickie Jamesdef. Melina and Jillian Hall Snitsky def. The Sandman Lance Cadeand Trevor Murdoch(c) def. Cryme Tyme(Shad Gaspard and JTG) & La Résistance(Robert Conway and Sylvain Grenier) to retain the World Tag Team Championship Jeff Hardy def. Kenny Dykstra Bobby Lashleyand Mark Henrydef. Umaga and King Booker John Cena (c) def. Mr Kennedy& Randy Orton to retain the WWE ChampionshipSmackDown/ECW - July 1, 2007 - Wichita Falls, TX:
CM Punk def. Elijah Burke Chuck Palumbodef. Val Venis John Morrisondef. Stevie Richards The World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas)def. The Major Brothers(Brian and Brett Major) Chavo Guerrerodef. Ryan O'Reilly Paul Londonand Brian Kendrick(c) def. Deuce 'n Domino& The Dalton Boys (Jesse and Festus Dalton) to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship Kane def. The Great Khali by disqualification Marcus Cor Von (c) def. Chris Benoit to retain the ECW World Championship Batista, Ric Flairand Finlay def. Edge, Montel Vontavious Porterand Mike Mizanin
July 2, 2007 - Dallas, Texas - American Airlines Center(13,500) "...To Be Loved" by Papa Roach Live on the USA Network (3.7)
MATCH ONE // World Tag Team Championship: Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch(c) def. The Hardys(Jeff and Matt Hardy) in 6:11 after the Sweet and Sour on Jeff. Jeff tagged himself in which led to the finish. After the match Jeff was left angered with the situation, and began to argue with brother Matt when attending to him. Jeff stormed out on his way with the Money in the Bank briefcase, leaving Matt alone in the ring.
- The new RAW General Manager Shane McMahon was in his office, McMahon on the phone to a WWE Board of Director. He hung up when King Booker and Queen Sharmell entered, Booker wanting to talk about the unfair treatment he had received in his pursuit of the WWE Championship. Booker explained that he had two opportunities to rise back up to the throne he deserved to be on last week, and both times things went against the grain. Sharmell then attempted to remind Shane of the time where Booker was Shane's right hand man as the WCW Champion - fighting the likes of The Rock and Chris Jericho. Shane knew where Booker was going with this, trying to pull a few strings. He told Booker that he would see what he could do. Shane then excused himself, telling the royal couple that he had business to attend to of his own in the ring.
- Maria attempted to get a comment from a disappointed Jeff Hardy after his unsuccessful attempt to regain the World Tag Team Championships with Matt; Maria asking Jeff about the frustration he feels and how that may impact his relationship with Matt Hardy. Jeff simply looked at Maria and told that now wasn't a good time, getting up and walking away with his Money in the Bank briefcase in hand.
- Shane McMahon made his way out to the ring, the RAW General Manager receiving a more positive reaction than usual tonight in Dallas. McMahon talked about how in a time of crisis, he has shown that there can be a positive light in all of this. He claimed that his father Vince McMahon died in such a tragic way - and the perpetrator will be exposed and punished for his actions accordingly, as next week agents will be present at RAW, ECW and SmackDown events to conduct interviews as the investigation into his father's assassination. But in all of this, Shane claimed that he was giving hope, that the WWE would survive in his father's absence - and that the primary example of a new era in the WWE comes when looking at the man that become the number one contender to the WWE Championship last week. Mr Kennedy made his way out to the ring, the obnoxious newcomer stomping to the ring with a grin from ear to ear. Kennedy joined McMahon in the ring as he shook hands with the RAW GM - Kennedy reaching to the rafters for his personal microphone, as Kennedy began to announce himself as the next WWE Champion. Kennedy gave credit to Shane for being the authority that Monday Night RAW needs in a disturbing time where John Cena is the WWE Champion: a rebel without a cause, somebody that teaches kids worldwide that it is cool to be violent towards anybody that looks at you the wrong way, and somebody that is not worthy of being the face of a new WWE. Kennedy then began to speak of the perks of a WWE where he is the WWE Champion: that he would be honorable and fitting of a true face that the fans would respect.
He began to announce himself again, when John Cena interrupted; the WWE Champion having had enough of Kennedy's rambling. Cena arrived in the ring as he asked Kennedy if he had to keep reminding people of who he was, before joking that Kennedy is so forgettable that maybe he has to. Cena then turned to Shane and told he may be the new General Manager around here, and he may just be the uncrowned Chairman after Vince McMahon's death - but it doesn't change the fact that Shane and his father tried to knock him off time and time again, and every time they failed. He told Shane to bring him the worst, because there was no way Kennedy would take the WWE Championship away from him! Kennedy squared up to Cena, telling him that he can underestimate the future of WWE all he wants, but it is his destiny to become WWE Champion: and when he does, he plans on being a better champ that Cena has ever been. Cena meanwhile told Kennedy that he can keep talking about a supposed destiny until the cows come home, because he wasn't going to allow Kennedy to walk in on Monday Night RAW and take his title like it was easy. Cena told Kennedy that he was going down come the Great American Bash in three weeks! The crowd were split for both men, when Shane chimed in on their staredown. Shane came up with a compromise, that the Great American Bash was three weeks away - and so declared that tonight both Cena and Kennedy would face off in a tag team match, telling both men to find a partner. Cena told Kennedy that it would be fun working with him, then patted him on the forehead to add insult to injury!
- Mick Foley was seen walking down a corridor in the backstage area, where he was approached by Todd Grisham. 'The Hardcore Legend' was all smiles as he asked Todd how he was, but Grisham wanted to know about Foley's thoughts regarding the RKO that Randy Orton gave him as RAW went off the air last week. Foley chuckled as Todd commented that Orton really got him, saying that 'the Legend Killer' we have seen over the last few weeks is not the man he recognized when they were at war with one another. Foley claimed that he knew Orton was competitive, but that destructive? Not a chance. Foley then informed Todd that he had this settled, claiming that he planned to greet all the great people in Dallas and get together with Orton so they could bury the hatchet.
MATCH TWO // WWE Women's Champion Candice Michelle and Mickie Jamesdef. Beth Phoenix and Melinaby disqualification in 2:47 after Phoenix struck James in the back with a steel chair. Melina targeted Candice's knee during the match. Beth started arguing with Melina, which almost cost Phoenix the match as Michelle rolled her up. After the match Beth started attacking Mickie with lefts and rights, until Candice attempted to rescue her, just to get laid out by Melina's roundhouse kick. Melina and Beth stood dominantly, when Phoenix suddenly dropped Melina with the chickenwing facebuster - this 'Glamazon' the last Diva left standing!
- Santino Marella and Maria were in the locker room talking, 'the Italian Stallion' complaining about how he wanted more opportunities on Monday Night RAW. Santino claimed that he was hungry for gold, for competition. Maria comforted her boyfriend and assured him that she could speak to Shane McMahon about it. The two then began to flirt, when Santino roped Maria's hand and the two disappeared into the shower room. What they didn't realize was that somebody was already taking a shower in there! Santino and Maria came out followed by an infuriated William Regal in a towel - the moody Englishman calling Santino out to a fight; promising to make sure the Italian rookie wouldn't be able to play in the bedroom tonight!
- Mr Kennedy was in the backstage area, walking down a corridor as he looked around at some of the WWE Superstars around him. He entered an empty room and turned the lights on to find...Snitsky staring back at him. It startled Kennedy, causing him to exit immediately. Kennedy regrouped, walking to discover Jim Duggan and Ron Simmons talking, where Duggan expressed how big his 'Hacksaw' was getting, Simmons responding with an impressed 'DAMN'. Kennedy groaned as he asked aloud if anybody on the RAW roster wasn't a complete imbecile - which is when King Booker and Queen Sharmell approached him. Booker and Sharmell told Kennedy that they were told to come find him. Kennedy, albeit defensive, nodded as the trio walked away.
MATCH THREE // Handicap Match: WWE Intercontinental Champion Umaga def. Cryme Tyme(Shad Gaspard and JTG) in 3:55 after the Samoan Spike to JTG. Umaga was able to easily dispose of JTG, but the taller Shad proved to be a threat. After the match 'the Samoan Bulldozer' celebrated until Bobby Lashley suddenly hit the ring, Lashley laying Umaga out with a thunderous Spear! Lashley was irate with Umaga after being screwed twice against the Samoan last week, with Umaga even tossing Lashley off the stage! Lashley took a microphone and challenged Umaga to another match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship at the Great American Bash on July 22 - but this time, there would be No Holds Barred!
- A vignette aired reviewing the rehabilitation of Triple H after he suffered a torn quadriceps muscle in January. 'The Game' returns soon: bigger, better, faster, stronger.
- The WWE Champion John Cena was in the locker room preparing for tonight's tag team main event with Mr Kennedy and King Booker, when a giant pair of feet approached him. Looking him, he discovered those feet belonged to Mark Henry, 'the World's Strongest Man' telling John that he wanted to get his hands on Mr Kennedy really bad. Mark explained his disliking for Kennedy, how annoying that kid is. Mark told John that if it's alright with him - he wanted to teach a little respect to Kennedy, straight from an eleven year vet. Cena told Henry that he wanted Kennedy in one piece for their match at the Great American Bash - but then again after tonight, he would have two weeks and six days of recovering to do. Cena stood up and shook Mark's hand, telling 'the World's Strongest Man' that tonight: Mr Kennedy is gonna get his ass kicked!
- Mick Foley made his way out to the ring, 'the Hardcore Legend' adored by the Dallas crowd who chanted his name. Foley greeted the fans in Dallas, commenting on how he hadn't been in this city in a long time. Mick talked about how normally he would go on a long spiel about the fond memories he has of working here in the early days of his legendary career, but due to recent events he has come out here to address one thing, and one thing only. He referred to his issues with Randy Orton as of late, where 'the Legend Killer' had taken it personally when Foley had taken, by any means necessary, any opportunity necessary - to become a contender in the WWE Championship chase. At Vengeance: Night of Champions, it was every man for himself in the six pack challenge with the WWE Championship for the taking. It wasn't his fault that Foley was quicker than Orton to act, even if things didn't exactly go either of their ways. Foley then said that it wasn't his fault that in last week's fatal four way match with the number one contender's spot on the line, for Foley to be on the brink of victory - and on his way to challenging John Cena at the Great American Bash - had it not been for Randy Orton. Mick spoke out about how tonight in Dallas he had one intention, and that intention was to call out 'the Legend Killer' and bury the hatchet: ordering Orton to come to the ring! After some hesitation, Randy Orton came stepping out, 'the Legend Killer' smirking for some reason. Orton stood in the ring and looked Mick in the eyes as he told Foley that he found it cute that Foley took it so personally after he laid 'the Hardcore Legend' out with an RKO as RAW went off the air last week. He said that he found it flattering that Mick had to try and justify his actions - and he was right: it was every man for himself at Vengeance, much like it was last week in the fatal four way match. Orton commented on their past rivalry, and how he actually had a lot to thank Foley for, because it was at Backlash 2004 where the two of them went to Hell and back in one of the most brutal matches in WWE history - and it made him who he is today: a star. Orton told Foley that he would love nothing more than to be the bigger man and make things right tonight in Dallas. Randy extended his hand, much to Foley's hesitation. Mick accepted the handshake eventually, and things seemed right, as Foley raised Orton's hand and announced how Orton was a stand-up friend.
Which is when Orton suddenly kicked Foley low, 'the Hardcore Legend' dropping to his knees to loud boos! Randy smirked again, telling Mick that he shouldn't trust a snake like him. Orton then stomped Foley until he was down, Mick defenseless and despondent on the canvas. Orton got down and screamed in Foley's ear that he was a stand up guy, but that this wasn't about taking opportunities. Orton then arose to his feet and stood a distance from Foley - 'the Legend Killer' setting up for something...but it wasn't an RKO, it was a charging soccer kick punt to the skull of Foley! Orton collapsed into the corner, a sinister look on his face as Foley remained down and unconscious on the canvas! Orton left without turning back, as two referees came charging down the rampway to check on the WWE Legend: Orton had just destroyed the man that made him who he was.
- After replays of his betrayal of Mick Foley was shown, cameras caught up with Randy Orton taking a slow stroll through the backstage corridor. Todd Grisham approached 'the Legend Killer' to ask for comment, and what this meant for Orton going forward. Orton simply looked at Maria and smirked once more. Randy told Maria that Foley shouldn't have trusted a snake like him - walking away.
MATCH FOUR // La Résistance (Robert Conway and Sylvain Grenier) def. The Highlanders(Robbie and Rory McAllister) in 3:22 after the assisted twisting neckbreaker. Before the match, La Résistance began to talk about the superiority of Quebec - but the disrespect that they had been shown, commenting on their past in being former World Tag Team Champions, but only now making their return to Monday Night RAW, weeks after the WWE Draft. The Highlanders promptly interrupted. After the match Conway and Grenier waved their French Canadian flags, standing tall over the Highlanders.
- In the locker room Beth Phoenix stood in the locker room, 'the Glamazon' calming down after taking out the WWE Women's Champion Candice Michelle, Mickie James and even her tag team partner Melina earlier tonight. All of a sudden in a scene reminiscent of last week, Mickie James suddenly came charging at Phoenix, taking her down! Mickie and Beth traded blows with Mickie mounted on Phoenix, James clearly mad at Phoenix's attempts to get revenge on Mickie for costing her a year of her career! Beth was too strong however, overpowering Mickie - but suddenly referees came in to separate the two Divas. RAW General Manager Shane McMahon then arrived at the scene between them, Shane remarking that the two women clearly had plenty of issues to resolve, because he was tired of hearing about this happening. Shane decided to make a match official for next week between Mickie and Beth - a Street Fight, live on RAW in Lafayette! The women seemed pleased at the news, finally able to get their hands on one another.
MATCH FIVE // Santino Marella(w/Maria) def. Snitsky (w/William Regal) in 1:55 after the roll-up. Before the match as Santino prepared for action, William Regal came to the rampway and revealed that he had spoken to Shane McMahon and found himself a substitute since 'the Italian Imbecile' was unworthy of facing him - Snitsky. Snitsky accidentally speared the ring post, which led to the finish. After the match Regal ran after Marella in the ring, who was able to escape and celebrate with his girlfriend Maria on the rampway, leaving Regal seething. Snitsky was furious and glared Regal out until Regal left out of fear.
- In the hallway, Matt Hardy was approached by his brother Jeff Hardy, the former World Tag Team Champions humble and silent after their Vengeance: Night of Champions rematch loss to Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch earlier tonight. Matt apologized to Jeff for letting the Hardys down tonight. Jeff meanwhile told Matt that he was sorry for letting the Hardys down at Vengeance. Matt then looked Jeff in the eye, telling his brother that he wanted to know where the Hardys went from here. Jeff told Matt that begrudgingly, as much fun as it has been, becoming World Tag Team Champions again and having a run for the ages this past few months - they both have their own goals to chase. Matt has SmackDown, and making the Hardy brand a reality over on Friday nights. As for him? Jeff raised to show his Money in the Bank briefcase. Matt smiled and nodded, telling Jeff that he understood. Matt wished Jeff luck, and Jeff did the same - the Hardys hugging it out, as it appeared they were calling it a day on being a tag team.
MATCH SIX // Mr Kennedy and King Booker (w/Queen Sharmell) def. WWE Champion John Cena and Mark Henryin 8:41 after the Green Bay Plunge by Kennedy on Cena. Kennedy and Booker were uneasy with one another going into this match, Booker unhappy with Kennedy being the number one contender. Kennedy wisely avoided Cena in the duration of the match. Booker narrowly avoided a corner splash from Henry, which caught the referee. It led to Booker grabbing his sceptre and smashing it over Henry's back to no effect, followed by a World's Strongest Slam. Cena and Kennedy brawled up to the top rope, when RAW General Manager Shane McMahon came out to distract Cena. The top rope FU was reversed into the finish, as a result. McMahon raised Kennedy's hand after the match - seemingly having found a new face of the WWE to replace Cena in three weeks at the Great American Bash.
- It was announced that WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes would be present next week on Monday Night RAW.
- Included an advertisement featuring Jillian Hall, who sung badly and shilled various products available for purchase now on WWEShop.com.
- An advertisement aired for the WWE Great American Bash, live on pay-per-view on Sunday, July 22. WWE HEAT, available on WWE.com - Jillian Hall def. Vanessa Charltonafter the full nelson facebuster. (2:20) - The Sandman def. Frankie Bennettafter the Russian legsweep. (1:15) - William Regaldef. The Sandmanafter a roll-up with the tights. (3:25) - Hardcore Hollydef. Kenny Dykstra after the Alabama Slam. This was Holly's return to WWE television after injury. (4:29)
WWE Great American Bash - July 22, 2007 -San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
- WWE Championship: John Cena(c) vs Mr Kennedy - World Heavyweight Championship- Tournament Finals: TBA vs TBA - ECW World Championship: Marcus Cor Von(c) vs Chris Benoit - WWE Intercontinental Championship - No Holds Barred: Umaga (c) vs Bobby Lashley - More matches to be announced.