PIC FED MAGAZINE ISSUE #3 Aug 21, 2010 22:36:09 GMT -5
Post by (=wwefan617=) on Aug 21, 2010 22:36:09 GMT -5
Run to the nearest nespamtand and pick up a copy of...
♦The Shocking 5♦
5. Randy's Doppelganger (WWEF)
One Viper is bad enough! With Orton's massive ego, killer instinct, and animistic tendencies, two Legend Killers could constitute the end of the world... or at least a wrestling federation. WWEF shocked the world and its solid fan base during what seemed like a regular match-up featuring Randy Orton. From seemingly nowhere, a man emerged from the crowd. To the surprise of the entire arena and those viewing at home, the crazed fan looked just like Mr. RKO himself. This occurrence sent a shock wave through the boards, and had people scratching their heads for days, making Randy Orton's Doppelganger #5 on The Shocking 5 list.
4. Cactus Jack Betrays Butcher (FIW)
After weeks of buildup, FIW released a show live from the historic Hammerstein Ballroom. Fans were treated to brutal, blood-curdling, sickening hardcore action. The Main Event featured The FIW Champion, Raven and his rival, Necro Butcher. The two tore each other apart, brutalizing each other with numerous weapons. Finally, the two found themselves in the crowd, and worked their way up to the rafters, where Necro was beaten brutally by Raven and his goons. Moments later Cactus Jack arrived in a heroic fashion, only to rattle Necro's brains with a chair shot, and send him falling two stories to the ground below. After weeks of companionship, Cactus Jack had turned on Necro Butcher, an event none of us saw coming.
3. RWA Returns (RWA)
With Freedomania around the corner, the board was buzzing. Everyone was looking forward to the biggest American extravaganza of the year, and all of the amazing matches it would spawn. But no one had the slightest clue that one of those matches would come from the legendary federation, RWA. In stunning fashion RWA signed up for the event, and put on one of the most exciting matches of the night. Christian did battle with Tommy Dreamer in what was supposedly a training session. After what seemed like 100 momentum shifts, Christian defeated the hardcore legend, claiming his spot on RWA. This match left many people wondering if RWA's appearance was a short stint or a full blown return. Either way, RWA's appearance is a shock in itself.
2. The Golden Boy Returns (C2W)
After competing in a barbaric battle with Kennedy, and being betrayed by his father, "Golden Boy" Ted Dibiase was nowhere to be found. Although Dibiase was out of the picture physically, he remained in the minds and hearts of each and every C2W fan. During a press conference held for the upcoming C2W pay-per-view, "The King's Brawl", it was announced that Ken Kennedy would defend his championship against Dibiase. Mr. Kennedy made his way to the podium, and began to run his mouth. Vintage Kennedy. At that moment, the Golden Boy hopped on the stage, and proceeded to beat Kennedy ruthlessly. One can imagine that Kennedy was in shock. We were too, Kennedy. We were too.
1. Christian Defeats Matt Hardy (WSW)
The fact that Christian defeated Matt Hardy is not very shocking, but the manner in which he did it is. On WSW's pilot episode, during an intense battle for the WSW Championship, Christian and Matt Hardy did the unthinkable to one another. They mauled each other with tables, chairs, and other weapons. But a ladder proved to be the most dangerous weapon of all. With Matt Hardy lying incapacitated on a table on the outside of the ring, Christian scaled a 10 foot ladder on the inside of the ring. Fans in the arena stood on their feet, while fans at home sat on the edge of their chairs. Christian leaped from the ladder, and delivered a devastating frogsplash, enabling him to become WSW Champion. With a shocking moment like that on the first episode, WSW is bound to do great things as the season progresses.
♦Member of the Month♦
by RCW edited by wwefan617
Well, this took some thinking, but I give the prestigious Member of the Month award to RatedWWEF. After watching ResuRRection, I noticed him putting a lot of effort into poses, storylines, commentary, and fan interaction. RatedWWEF has been the most dependable and consistent pic fedder on the board. And it is apparent that he will never say "I'm going to start a new fed".
by The Champ is Here
Bursting onto the scene by beating Umaga for the WWE Intercontinental Championship (with some help from Batista), Santino Marella got the Elite treatment by Mattel
The figure comes with a shirt and mic. He has the uni-brow, and his singlet.
the articulation on this figure is awesome, the figure is super pose able, which is a huge plus.
the detail on this figure phenomenal. The uni-brow is a great touch. The tattoos are all here, the thigh, the back, the arms, everything...if only he came with a dress and wig.....
overall, this is another great figure put out by Mattel, and no matter if you collect Jakks, or Mattel, i highly recommend picking this figure up!
♦Blast From the Past♦
RAW - Royal Rumble
For those who may not know, at one point in the history of this board there was a small (although large at the time), inter forum rivalry between the members of WF, and spam. RAW originally started on both boards, but with the constant bickering backwards and forwards, came spam exclusive. Yet somehow, this fed is still looked upon to be one of the greatest of all time. Royal Rumble was a mammoth show, with a stacked card featuring CM Punk V The Rock, an Ultimate X match, and of course a Royal Rumble match. This fed is truly deserving of a Hall of Fame place this year, and this event considered one of the best ever.
♦Match of the Month♦
Considering it’s July, Freedomania is an American celebrating, how smart does it sound to have two great competitors like Angle and Swagger going toe to toe. Kurt Angle is an Olympic Gold Medalist and multi-time World Champion taking on one of the better young wrestlers in our sport, the all-american, American, former World’s Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger.
Before the match started, Jack took the microphone from ring announcer Michael Buffer to proclaim how he’s looked up to Angle and what a great athlete he is but Jack Swagger that’s better.
Angle took immediate control before Swagger overpowered Angle to the corner. Angle kept going for the Ankle lock early on before hitting a German Suplex. Swagger countered Angle’s Angle slam before hitting his signature Swagger Bomb. Instead of pinning Angle he took him to the corner looking for his patented splashes but Angle countered with an Ankle Lock! Swagger sent Angle to the floor. Swagger was looking for a suicide dive but Angle countered with a huge chair shot! Angle locked back in the Ankle Lock before it was countered. Swagger hit a vicious clothesline but only got a 2 count. He had Angle all lined up in the corner but Angle moved out of the way only to have Swagger go shoulder first into the post. Angle then hit another German Suplex followed by a Moonsault off the top rope for the victory.
Start to finish, this match was very action packed. All of the poses were very well done. The moves were very realistic and the finish was awesome! This would have been a great WWE PPV style of match. The setup was very professional and the announcing was a fine piece of work. Anyone looking to getting into pic fedding can learn a few things from a match like this. You can tell he took his time so that each move and pose was just right. Match of the Month by far!
♦Pic Fed Spotlight♦
by ECW on Syfy and WF Convoy Fan
Thanks for joining me today, where my guest at this time is tirva, Owner of wTw.
What made you return to the Pic Fed game, this year?
- To be honest. I needed a new hobby that didn't involve being active. Pic fedding just lets you step away from things and let's you be able to be creative. Not everyone enjoys the product that they see on TV or the guys that are used, so this is where we get to become individuals and show how we would make a wrestling company and be different.
You currently, besides Jim Ross at the Broadcast Table, use only R3 Figures, just like you did in your previous Pic Fed stint. Why did you decide to maintain your unique Figure-selection in a time where so many updated and, in mosts' minds, better Figures are available?
- The reason I went with R3 figures is because in my mind, there is nothing better. I already had the same figures kicking around from when I did my previous shows so in terms of cost, it was smart to stick with these. Also, I love the set of R3 figures. To me, they are still some of the most realistic because they aren't blown up monsters like the RA's were. I enjoy how much smaller they are and how little the roster is of figures ever produced. It does make it hard to get your hands on more of the figures but when people see a certain figure, I just hope it kind of brings them back.
Why did you originally start with R3 Figures? Were they your personal favorites, did they pose better and/or were they simply the line with the biggest variety of names, over other lines at the time, such as Bone Crushing Action and TitanTron Live?
- I started with R3 figures originally because I only still had 3 figures at the time. Scott Hall, Triple H and Chris Jericho were the only 3 I had kept from my collections. I really wanted to start something so I just used them with JR as the ref and commish until more came in the mail. The only thing I don't like about the R3's is that curved back torso and I'm sure we can all agree!
Do you see yourself introducing any Modern Era Figures, like WWE's Mattel and Jakks' TNA and NWA into wTw, your Pic Fed?
- Never say never in the world of Pic Feds Honestly, depending on how things go and such down the line, maybe. But I don't like big rosters because I think every guy on the show should mean something in some way. That's how storylines evolve and can be slowly built is by people getting a following of characters. I would rather have R3 customs than use other figure lines just because the difference in body types is so grand but I have had my eyes on a few of the Mattel's!
Some may not know this, but your an Independent Wrestler. In what ways would you say that's helped wTw, and has it ever negatively affected it?
- I didn't expect to see this question but yes I am an Indy Wrestler. I actually appeared on SmackDown this year on the May 21st broadcast against Curt Hawkins and Vance Archer.
I was under the name of: Brent Roberts. I think it's helped wTw because I understand the psychology in a match and what type of moves go where. I'm not a spotty type of wrestler so nor will my matches be. I hate spot monkeys because it takes away from the art form that is Pro Wrestling. If you watch Raw, Randy Orton only punches, kicks and hits one or two moves. That's because he's good. He's real good so without giving more things away of the World of Pro Wrestling, I think it's helped wTw for the positive but I'm a realist as well so it means you won't see anything like a deathmatch from my fed.
SummerSizzle, your latest Pay-Per-View event is coming soon. Do you have any fun gimmicks or surprises in store for the Summer Blockbuster?
- SummerSizzle will bring a new look to wTw, I guarantee it. I'm surprised more people are interested in the Triple H and Undertaker storyline. The Unsanctioned Parking Lot Brawl is gonna have to be my best work with what everyone has voted for. Who knows what could happen.
In all honesty, how do you feel about the current climate of the Pic Fed Board and it's members?
- I think it's been a bit hard to get replies to shows but I'm sure part of that was because I'm considered new to the board and not everyone enjoys the R3 figures. Which is fine, not everyone has to enjoy each person's show. I think the current climate is very competitive. Shows are being pumped out like crazy and of great quality. It will be interesting as always to see who stays around and keeps things going. The people that have replied to my shows, I know for a fact that they have helped out wTw and what will be produced for SummerSizzle. I like the honesty of the members because if I made something that sucks, I wanna know why it sucks and what you hated.
Final question: WWE and TNA, what are your thoughts, and using your wTw Creative mind, what are some things you would change?
- Sheamus has no value as Champion because he won it so quick that they have nothing to do with him. He's really good and crisp. Orton is going to be their "Austin" for a bit. Which is great. The day he wins the WWE championship again, that place is going to explode! I hope it can wait till Mania. I wish Dibiase was used better. Nexus is a great stroyline, I hope it lasts a while and heats up. TNA has great wrestlers like Robert Roode, Eric Young that should be used better. Robert Roode is money. He's the modern day Mr.Perfect and he should have AJ's spot in Fortune. TNA needs to go back to what made they unique in the first place. Have those X-Division guys that worked so hard stay in the X-division to keep it interesting.
Thanks for the Interview, tirva, we'll all be sure to read your "Match of the Month" Column in this very edition of the Pic fed Magazine and watch wTw's exciting events. Also, make sure your opponents on the Indie scene don't catch wind of wTw, as I'm positive they would a make a stop at the Timekeepers Table for a Microphone before their Match.
♦Pic Fed Review♦
Today, I'll be reviewing deskjet's newest installment of TNA Main Event. Before the event, TNA Revolution President, Kurt Angle made an announcement regarding the "prestigious" Television Championship. He then proclaimed that a tournament would be held to determine the Television Champion. Anytime a tournament is mentioned, My undies get a tad soaked. After viewing some footage from the first two matches of the tournament in awesome flash format, it was time for the show!
The nothing less than jacked Matt Morgan made his way to the ring to face the eager competitors, Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam. As a special treat to those watching at home, The Pope joined the announce team for some extremely entertaining guest commentating. As always DJ provided spoton poses with informative, and at times hilarious commentary. After numerous double team maneuvers, the partnership soon crumbled between Hardy and Van Dam, enabling Matt Morgan to steal the win.
Once again, the legendary Deskjet continues to entertain his massive fan base with this spectacular combination of innovative commentary, jaw-dropping poses, and epic storylines. This is a must see show.
25) Chris Carnage: ROP - The talented German athlete advanced in the ROP World Cup with a strong victory against the veteran William Regal.
24) Muhammad Hassan: WWR - Hassan lost his match on Friday Night Fever, but sent a message when he locked in his Camel Clutch on Steve Corino, KO'ing him.
23) Rhyno & DDP: WTW - This duo assaulted the legendary Hulk Hogan after Rhyno lost his match at SummerSizzle, as well as Rhyno defeating Test on the next edition of 'PrimeTime'.
22) Scott Hall: WTW - Hall has made his move known, as he has targeted his friend Triple H's rival, The Undertaker, attacking him on two occasions.
21) Hulk Hogan: WF - The Wrestlefest League Champion had some strong words for TWA World Champion Harley Race. Will he follow up on them?
20) CM Punk: FIW - The Pure Champion successfully retained his championship by thwarting the threat that was El Generico.
19) Jack Swagger: WWEF - Swagger has made his presence felt in WWEF, first winning a battle royal to get into the feast or fired match, before beating John Morrison in one on one action as well.
18) Batista: WWEF - Batista may have lost his match on WWEF episode 33, but he sent a huge message to Randy Orton when he Batista Bomb'd him after thier match.
17) Paul Burchill: WWR - Burchill won a four way elimination match with a sweet counter to MVP's Playmaker to earn himself a shot at the TV Champion, Jerry Lynn.
16) Claudio Castagnoli: ROP - Claudio won a fantastic match with Super Crazy, using a huge uppercut and an even bigger powerbomb to take the win and advance in the ROP World Cup.
15) The World's Greatest Tag Team: ROP - These two have been trying to prove they really are the World's Greatest Tag Team, and beating two of the Four Horsemen was a great way to try and prove it.
14) Sid: WWR - Sid proved he was more than ready for Morishama and Estrada at State of Emergency, when he beat Umaga in a battle of the giants.
13) Mick Foley: TNAR - Mick Foley managed to exact some revenge on Mr. Anderson when he beat him in a street fight with Kurt Angle's assistance.
12) The Panther Patrol: WF - These two had a very impressive debut, destroying the Midnight Rockers, Shawn Michaels and Marty Janetty.
11) Chris Benoit: WTW - Benoit successfully retained his Intercontinental Championship in a solid bout against Test at Summersizzle.
10) Shawn Michaels: C2W - Michaels proved he still has some gas in the tank, beating the 'Phenomenal' AJ Styles in a fantastic match to help C2W one up PURE.
09) Billy Gunn & Christian: WTW - These two managed to retain thier Tag Team Championships in an impressive outing against ECW Originals RVD & Tajiri.
08) Cactus Jack: FIW - Jack had a huge hand in helping Raven defeat The Necro Butcher when he turned on his ally, and pushed him off the scaffolding.
07) Rey Mysterio: WWR - Rey beat the legendary Tiger Mask in a battle of the masked luchadores with a small package counter in a fantastic match.
06) Triple H: WWEF - Triple H layed out everyone in his path after his match on RAW, sending a message to Resurrection opponent, CM Punk.
05) Matt Morgan: TNAR - Morgan overcame some big odds by defeating both RVD and Jeff Hardy in a handicap match to earn a shot at the Revolution Championship.
04) John Cena: WWEF - Cena out played Edge at his own game, outsmarting him and gaining a place in the WWEF championship bout at Resurrection.
03) John Morrison: WWR - Morrison defeated the legendary Bret Hart in a fantastic match up, proving he is indeed better than him.
02) Raven: FIW - While the victory wasn't exactly clean, he managed to defeat The Necro Butcher to retain his FIW World Championship.
01) Chris Jericho: WTW - Jericho defeated Kurt Angle at SummerSizzle to retain his WTW World Championship in a phenomenal match.
- DJ, Easy, and Tirva, for no listing of Kurt Angle for any of you. I found it too difficult to decide who deserved him listing.
- The TWA Crew, for no Harley Race. I didn't think he had done enough to earn a spot, but can understand if you were upset at him not being listed.
- Tirva, for the lack of Steve Austin and Undertaker on the list. Couldn't decide where they should go, and didn't think anyone on the list deserved moving off.
- Mikey, for not listing Raven & CM Punk. The angle you have going is fantastic, but, I could not list them for ROP & FIW. Next time, ROP will be considered over FIW.