WFWF: Second to None review and recap - PWN.com Jul 24, 2018 21:40:35 GMT -5 King Richius likes this
Post by ♫❤☮MESH☮❤♫ on Jul 24, 2018 21:40:35 GMT -5
WFWF: Second to None ReviewBY ICHABOD SLIPP| @i_SLIPP| JULY 24th, 2018
(Picture sent in by PWN subscriber, Gibson Haynes)
First and foremost, I was unable to attend the show due to illness but never fear: I still watched the show. Yes, I bought the show with my hard-earned money so for those of you that like to say, “Oh Ick gets free tickets and such to the show, he doesn’t pay a dime” – well, you’re wrong. I must admit, I prefer the atmosphere of being there live in the crowd rather than being in my tiny ass apartment but hey – you win some, you lose some right?
Anyway, I gotta put over the commentary, it was full of sass and it was snarky. I appreciate some good snark. WFWF Second to None was an okay show – again, this was a one-match show. Throughout the event, that Asian kid from End Time was running all over the arena with Brennan’s WFWF World Heavyweight Championship in hand. You guys all know how I felt about that match between Kyzer and Brennan. Personally, I could have done without them. Just strip Brennan of the title and put it on somebody else. When you have a champion that’s never around to defend his championship, that tends to upset the fans. Just saying. Are we seriously supposed to take this kid as a legit threat? I don't know if it was on purpose but the kid was funny at times. Comedy doesn’t draw and this just makes the World Heavyweight title a joke. Whatever.
MESH vs. CHRIS PRICELESS - **1/2
Priceless looked impressive for a guy that’s an unknown in the business. Blueberry had the same match that she’s since The Riot on Broad Street. Yawn. I hope to see more of this Priceless guy though. There was a bit of a moment after the match where Blueberry made an “L” with her hand and directed it at Daniel Knight, who’s been burying her on commentary since her debut, and rightfully so. There was a bit of fallout from that but more on that later…
ANTE WHITNER vs. TUGARIN ZMEY - *
WTF was this??? Literally the majority of the match took place outside before the bell even rang! Yes, it was brutal and yes, Whitner is in great shape and is gaining momentum and yes, Zmey is a beast……but seriously?? The actual match lasted, like……45 seconds before Whitner got the win. Absolutely terrible.
FRANK LYNN vs. DRAKZ - ****
The reason to go back and watch this clusterf*** of a show. It was physical, it was back-and-forth and it had great action. The crowd was super into it as well. My only complaint was that Drakz pretty much buried the WFWF International Championship before the match even began. You don’t do that to the titles. Ever. It devalues them and before you know it, they won’t mean a thing.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill, but we present it as fact. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt. Or not. Up to you.
- The twenty-million dollar signing of KC Jones aka “The Keto Catch King” broke the internet. Rumor has it that Lila Sleater is a really big fan of the guy. Like a really big fan. She allegedly follows him on Instagram and I’ve heard that they have DM’ed each other on numerous occasions. Another rumor that has circulated around the wrestling world is that Sleater has been seen out with Jones at various restaurants around Los Angeles.
- Furthermore, the rest of the WFWF roster aren’t happy about the payoff according to rumors. Supposedly, WFWF management never told the roster about the signing or the payoff so when they found out on their own, some of the roster took to Twitter to vent their frustrations, most notably current WFWF World Heavyweight Champion, David Brennan who rarely tweets.
- Speaking of Lila Sleater, rumors are going around that DMK is trying to buy up WFWF stock with his laundered money to become the figurehead of the company.
- The WFWF International Champion Frank Lynn and his fiancé, Sarah Fairchild celebrated the birth of their first child, Laura early this month. According to rumors, the baby was conceived via a sperm donor since Frank allegedly suffers from erectile dysfunction and has a low sperm count.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact but please take them as such. Have fun with it. Tell your friends. To send me news, updates and rumors – send me a tweet @i_Slipp or visit my website, PWN.com for all of your pro wrestling news, updates, reviews and more!
- Now we all know of the Daniel Knight controversy. As of this writing, there has been zero comments from Sleater or any of the higher ups which only gives the rumor that this is being taken care of internally more weight. Since it's Daniel Knight, this controversy is expected to be swept under the rug and never discussed again. It’s rumored that Knight has complained about Mesh and her personality to various staff members in the past. He allegedly said that Mesh is so different than anyone that’s ever been a part of the WFWF and that “ruins” the presentation and legitimacy of the company. He supposedly calls Mesh “the joke wrestler” backstage.