Post by M̷͇͙̱̏͜͝ͅ3̵̈̐͘̚͜͝S̵̡̝̺̖̑H̸͙̊͋̂ on Nov 18, 2018 13:38:28 GMT -5
WFWF: SNAFU Review
BY ICHABOD SLIPP| @i_Slipp| NOVEMBER 18th
([Crappy] picture provided by PWN subscriber, Nick Cavern)
When I think of Seattle, I think of the Space Needle. I went there as a child once when my parents still loved me. I think it was in the summer of '69.
I also think of the Seattle Grunge scene - you know, legendary bands like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots.
I know I left out one huge band there but, and this is going to get me some nuclear heat but - I don't like Nirvana.
To me, Cobain just wasn't that good of a songwriter or singer. Ever read the lyrics to Breed?
They had one good album, everything else sucked and of course, the circumstances surrounding Cobain's death only made the band into what it is today.
There's a quote that I remember from an old wrestling DVD that I feel is appropriate here: "His tragic ending only further mythologizes his legend."
But yeah, don't tweet at me with your hatred or negative comments. IT'S MY OPINION, I DON'T STATE THINGS AS FACT.
Some of you reading this will probably still tweet me but that's okay - that's why God invented the block button.
The WFWF came to Seattle, coming off the hot World Domination Tour and...and they return with a two match show. Granted, that's usually the case for most WFWF shows but only two matches on the entire card?! Either the roster isn't motivated enough to participate or it's just a crappy run company. I'm going with the latter.
ANTE WHITNER vs. RYAN "NEEDLES" PAYNE
- **3/4 -
To me, this was the most random pairing of dudes that needed a paycheck on the roster. While I was surprised by the amount of action and the length of the match, I wasn't blown away by anything, really. Whitner has had way better matches in the past and watching a Ryan "Needles" Payne match is rather...predictable since the dude loses every single time.
Oh yeah, then Chris Priceless came back!
I popped huge for that!
I seriously though he was either A) dead or B) beaten so badly to the point where he'd never come back.
Frank Lynn was on commentary for the match but I was told that he added nothing. Everything he said sounded like nonsensical jargon.
I like Frank. A lot but maybe he shouldn't commentate?
I kept seeing this on social media so I decided to share it here since it gave me a good laugh or two.
SHUGGY vs. MESH[c] FOR THE WFWF VANGUARD CHAMPIONSHIP
- *** -
So, Mesh finally checked off another things from her...list or whatever.
To main event a show...and win.
Sadly, that's what happened.
She beat Shuggy again in a giant clusterf*** of a match!
It was counters: the match.
For real, they countered soooo many moves, it got a bit...comical.
For me anyway.
There was zero ring psychology which is a big no-no to some fans.
Yes, the athletic ability was there but....no.
This match wasn't worthy being the main event.
The best parts of SNAFU were the segments. Early in the show, the aforementioned Frank Lynn was in a great segment with Ante Whitner and Tyler Draven.
I'm more hyped for that match than anything else. Give it to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The final segment with Kyzer and Lizard Kink was great as well.
It was nothing special....butttttttt the main event of SuperBrawl is set: Kyzer vs. Drakz in a Retirement Match for the WFWF World Heavyweight Championship.
I squealed like a schoolgirl too.
Just saying it out loud as I write this...why is there a puddle where I'm sitting?
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill, but we present it as fact. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt. Or not. Up to you.
- It's been confirmed that David Brennan is gone from the company. However, last week or so a video surfaced on a message board of one David Brennan or someone that looks exactly like the former champion on a TV show called Dance The Night Away. Of course, it broke the internet but there are some that believe the man in the video ISN'T the former WFWF World Heavyweight Champion. I reached out to XYZ, the network that runs the show for clarification but they refused to comment. I guess the rumor is: Was that really David Brennan dressed like The Beast from Beauty and the Beast or was it just another tall, menacing bald dude with tattoos?
- Mesh is the biggest merch seller in the company. No ifs, ands or buts about that. The company recently put out reverse zip-up hoodies, hats with cat ears, plastic light-up swords and whale plushies for sale - and they sold out in minutes! The company was rumored to have asked the current WFWF Vanguard Champion if she would like to have a more prominent role as a member of the Board of Directors, supposedly as the head of the Marketing Team. That's all we've heard for now.
- Shuggy, the Wee Green Man is supposedly taking an indefinite hiatus from the company. According to rumors, Shuggy has been "prioritising other stuff" when he talked to WFWF management on November 4th. One of my sources found a blog site, www.jollygreenman.com where Shuggy wrote about his current situation with such vagueness that his future isn't certain. "I can’t see myself signing up for a show for a little while I’m afraid" is the most damning piece of evidence that says he's leaving the company but nothing has been confirmed. That's why this is a rumor.
- The deathmatch at London Calling between Chris Priceless and Ryan "Needles" Payne was one of the most violent matches in recent memory. One subscriber of mine said it best, "It was as twisted and sadistic a match as anything I've watched on the WFWF and that includes a flaming barbwire match!" While Priceless made his return to the company at SNAFU, it is rumored that he was near the brink of death by the time he arrived at a local medical facility where he was treated for internal bleeding, head contusions, infected wounds and traces of an unknown substance in his system. According to the rumors, he was in coma for a month and doctors feared he would never wake up. His parents were supposedly at his bed until he miraculously woke up on October 24th. Doctors were very hesitant to release any information to us since according to rumors, Priceless' father Rocco wanted to file a lawsuit against the WFWF and Ryan "Needles" Payne in case his son succumbed to the injuries sustained at London Calling.
- The WFWF video game turned out to be true (Author's note: ...and they say that the dirt sheets just make stuff up) but the new venture that the WFWF has embarked on is already showing signs of inexperience. According to rumors, the video game - WFWF: World Tour is going to launch with eleven characters - with Drakz being available only in the Streak Destroyer Destroyer Edition of the game. He will not be available to purchase later which, if this news is official is going to receive quite some backlash.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact but please take them as such. Have fun with it. Tell your friends. To send me news, updates and rumors – send me a tweet @i_Slipp or visit my website, PWN.com for all of your pro wrestling news, updates, reviews and more!