RAW is WAR - June 19, 2000 Gaylord Entertainment Center in Nashville, Tennessee Live on the USA Network
The opening video package aired, reviewing what went down on SmackDown!, where the Undertaker was granted the opportunity by Vince McMahon himself to join his brother Kane in challenging the Rock for the WWF Championship at King of the Ring. It was not easy however, as his opponents in B&B Security orchestrated a set-up for 'the Deadman' in the Rock's dressing room - which the Undertaker believed was all to do with 'the People's Champ'. After overcoming the odds and defeating the Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan, he and Rock then went at it, with Vince McMahon later putting the idea in the Undertaker's head that it was all the Rock's idea! The two went at it further, with both men going at it in a wild brawl - and tonight: six days out from the Triple Threat match at King of the Ring, the Rock will go toe-to-toe with the Undertaker tonight on RAW is WAR!
The opening video package aired, taking us to a rabid crowd in Nashville for RAW is WAR! Pyrotechnics lit the Gaylord Entertainment Center up, with Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler welcoming us to the final edition of RAW prior to the King of the Ring - live on pay-per-view this Sunday night! J.R. and 'the King' discussed what was in store for us tonight, with the King of the Ring Quarter-Final round taking place: when Chris Benoit takes on Tazz, Jeff Hardy faces Test, Lance Storm meets Eddie Guerrero, and Kurt Angle battling Rikishi! But of course, the main event tonight will be of epic proportions when the Rock goes one-on-one with the Undertaker!
Kurt Angle kicked things off to loud boos from the Nashville crowd, the Olympic Gold Medalist strutting out to the rampway with a microphone in hand. The fans in Tennessee did not appreciate the arrival of the Olympian, who talked about how he didn't understand why a tournament as prestigious as the King of the Ring would even think to take place in a city like Nashville! After all, Nashville wasn't exactly known for being the place for premier athletes like himself: they lack the Three Is that are made up of Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence. But alas, perhaps it isn't so surprising when he has to consider his competition tonight: a freakin' 400-pound fatso from Samoa, named Rikishi! Angle talked about how these fans really like seeing him jiggle his large butt in peoples faces, but what they are ignoring is the fact that it was Rikishi who almost ended the boss's son - and his new friend - Shane McMahon's career with a Banzai Drop last week! Which is why Kurt was promising Shane O'Mac - as well as all of the smart people not in Tennessee tonight - that he would end Rikishi's tournament right here tonight. Kurt was oh-so confident headed into the first of four Quarter-Finals matches of the evening.
1) Kurt Angle def. Rikishi in a King of the Ring Quarter-Final match (4:45) The Olympic Gold Medalist had his work cut out for him, having to surpass the 400-pound Samoan in order to make it into the Semi-Final round of the 2000 King of the Ring tournament tonight. Angle tried hammering 'Big Kish' early, just to find himself the recipient of a huge headbutt! Rikishi continued to use his size as a factor in handling the Olympic Gold Medalist: Rikishi even climbing to the second rope and pounding down on the temple of Angle. And despite the Three Is being such an important mantra for the Olympian, his attempts to lift the super heavyweight fell flat, with Rikishi blocking a sunset flip into a sit-down splash for two! Rikishi splashed Kurt in the corner, before dishing up the Stinkface for 'the American Hero', when Shane McMahon made his way out to the rampway to spectate from afar! Rikishi had his back turned - but in his mind he wanted another piece of Shane O'Mac after being toyed with by Shane in recent weeks - when Angle chop blocked the leg from beneath Rikishi before slapping on the Ankle Lock! Rikishi tried to fight it off, but Kurt's grip was air-tight: all the while Shane McMahon walked to ringside to rub it in 'Kish's face! Finally, Rikishi was forced to tap out!
The Olympic Gold Medalist was victorious, but while Shane McMahon talked trash in an agonized Rikishi's face from the ringside area, Kurt Angle refused to release the Ankle Lock! 'Big Kish' was soon screaming in agony, when the opportunistic Shane O'Mac finally ordered Angle relinquish the hold! Shane directed traffic while Kurt put the boots to the big man - with Kurt being told to hold Rikishi down in the corner. And while the Samoan was down and favoring his ankle in the corner, Shane McMahon climbed up to the top rope on the opposite end of the ring: coming off with a crazy Coast to Coast dropkick directly into the face of Rikishi! Kurt Angle and Shane McMahon stood tall in celebration, with the Olympian having his hand raised by the ever-smug Shane O'Mac!
The Rock was spotted arriving at the building in Nashville, as the World Wrestling Federation Champion navigated the backstage area. The fans in attendance wanted to see 'the Brahma Bull' in the flesh, but he was soon stopped by Michael Cole, who wanted to get some thoughts from 'the Great One' ahead of the huge main event signed for tonight. Rock addressed the people that finally the Rock had come back to Tennessee, before talking about how the Undertaker's had his finger in all of the pies - in fact he's probably had it deeply embedded in the rectum of the biggest assh*le walking the planet today, Vince McMahon as well! The fact of the matter is, the Rock did not orchestrate the set-up on 'the American Badass' last Thursday night. But this Sunday at King of the Ring, 'the Deadman' will not have to cry those big ol' biker tears anymore. Because tonight is the night the Undertaker will get his chance to beat the Rock all on his own! Or is the Undertaker in bed with McMahon? Or is Undertaker in bed with his own flesh and blood? Michael offered his thoughts, but Rock told him that it didn't matter what he thought! Rock told him that tonight 'the Deadman' would get the Rock's all, and after King of the Ring, the Undertaker can kiss his WWF Championship dreams goodbye - if you smell what the Rock is cookin!'
Back live on RAW is WAR, D-Generation X made their way down to the ring to a loud chorus of boos. Triple H and his wife Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley led the way as always, with X-Pac and Road Dogg following suit. The faction climbed into the ring, where 'the Billion Dollar Princess' took to the microphone to start their address to the people in Nashville. The daughter of the Chairman first took the time to discuss how much these people in Nashville would really like for her to be insulted by a misogynistic brute like Chris Jericho. But she had bad news where that came from, because in six nights time Y2J would no longer be able to compete in the World Wrestling Federation: and it's all because of her loving, protective husband, Triple H! The people booed as the WWF Women's Champion declared that Jericho has ran his mouth just about long enough to the point where his mouth can't cash checks anymore, and at King of the Ring, she was looking forward to watching 'the Game' maul Chris Jericho alive on pay-per-view!
The fans chanted derogatory things at 'the Billion Dollar Princess' before Triple H took over to talk about Y2J as a man. To compare, Chris Jericho likes to say things to another man's woman because of his own insecurities. To face the facts, Chris Jericho will never be the man that 'the Game' is! It's not that he's not good enough to hang with the big boys, but rather - he's not good enough to get in this ring and fight Triple H like a man! And that's why this past week on SmackDown!, not only did he struggle taking on Kane; but he was outsmarted by someone who is indeed, the better man! The people chanted "assh*le" at the former WWF Champion, who in turn told Y2J to just listen to what these people were calling him! Triple H was having fun with it, before turning his attention to what was going on with D-Generation X. He spoke of DX as the most revolutionary stable in the World Wrestling Federation's history, and so it's no surprise when a duo of inadequate thugs that get their rocks off by putting people through tables get duped by X-Pac and Road Dogg! Road Dogg took over on the mic and told the people that the Dudley Boyz could have taken the easy way and walked out when they realized that D-Generation X owned their asses, but instead it seems to them that on Sunday night, they'll have to take what is left of D-Von and Bubba Ray and drive them to their end in Tag Team Tables!
But before the two could continue any further, the Dudley Boyz interrupted D-Generation X! D-Von and Bubba Ray stomped out to the rampway to a big ovation from the Nashville crowd, as chants of "we want tables" grew over the Gaylord Entertainment Center. Bubba Ray had a bandage on his head, but spoke from the heart as he told DX that just when they thought he was out, the hard truth of the matter was that they had pulled them back in! D-Von barked up that X-Pac and Road Dogg have tried to take them out, they have tried to hold a funeral for the Dudley Boyz, and at the end of the day: that was all going to fail because at King of the Ring, it would be X-Pac and Road Dogg who will succumb to the agonizing feeling of wood coarsing through their bodies! Bubba then told them to ask Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley how it feels, she's been there and somehow lived to tell the tale! Triple H got mad at them mentioning his wife's name, asking Bubba how it felt when he gave him the beating of a lifetime one month ago after all that. He commented that the Dudley Boyz weren't exactly the smartest guys in the back, asking Bubba which sister of theirs it was that breeded with their father to come out with him! But so be it, if "Captain Redneck and the Church Priest" wanted to try them right here and now, to be their guest: because D-Generation X would send them all the way back to wherever Dudleyville even was!
Bubba Ray responded telling 'the Game' that his ass was about to get kicked Dudley-style, and the Dudley Boyz charged for the ring! The Dudleys emerged in the ring, brawling with X-Pac and Road Dogg ahead of their Tables match at King of the Ring, when Triple H got involved to take advantage of the numbers game, three-on-two! X-Pac and Road Dogg put the boots to D-Von, whilst Bubba Ray tried to fight off Triple H, just to get jumped by D-Generation X! Triple H lifted Bubba by the head and hammered at him with a big right hand, when all of a sudden Chris Jericho ran down to the ring to even the score! Y2J took down both Road Dogg and X-Pac, before ducking a clothesline and dropping 'the Game' with a flying forearm! While this was going on, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley tried to climb out of the ring, just to get grabbed by the hair by Bubba Ray! Bubba shoved 'the Billion Dollar Princess' to the mat before telling D-Von to get the tables - Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley in serious trouble! But as D-Von left the ring, X-Pac and Road Dogg rushed the ring, allowing Triple H to get his wife to safety, with DX ran from the ring! Y2J took to the microphone and told Triple H that if he couldn't wait until Sunday to be embarrassed by 'the Sexy Beast', then to look no further than tonight: proposing that it be Chris Jericho and the Dudley Boyz against Triple H, X-Pac and Road Dogg! 'The Game' was seething with rage, when Y2J added to that: asking him if he was going to be the big man about it, or if his balls were in Stephanie's purse! Triple H accepted, with Y2J showing a cocky smirk - a big six-man tag team bout made for tonight!
B&B Security were in the office of the Acolyte Protection Agency, as the Big Bossman complained about how things weren't as fun without the Acolytes around for them to beat up. Bull Buchanan, with feet up on the APA's table, agreed with him saying how nobody needed their protection - so what is there to do? The two mused momentarily before Bossman proposed that they head out and make people need their protection! Bull smiled and nodded in accordance, telling Bossman that they should go and make some fun for themselves.
Back from the break Kane was sat down in the McMahon-Helmsley dressing room, where Vince McMahon walked in to greet 'the Big Red Machine'. He asked Kane if he was ready for his brother the Undertaker to rip the Rock limb from limb tonight, practically foaming at the mouth about what 'the American Badass' was going to do to the World Wrestling Federation Champion tonight. The Chairman sensed that Kane was quiet, and asked Kane if he realized what tonight meant: it would mean that Kane would be walking out of King of the Ring with the WWF Championship - and it would be easy! He figured out that Kane was thinking about getting involved and told Kane that he strongly advised he doesn't, telling 'the Big Red Machine' that they had the Undertaker eating out of the palm of their hands! For all Undertaker knew, it was the Rock that was behind the sneak attack on Thursday night. And Kane needed to let them go out there and kill each other. Kane stood up against Vince, telling the Chairman that he needed to remember that he was a seven foot tall monster, and that even Vince McMahon couldn't do a damn thing about that. He left, causing Vince to look on in concern.
WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Dean Malenko made his way out to the ring accompanied by two beautiful women, 'the Ladies Man' set for singles competition against 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' Chyna. The narcissistic WWF Light Heavyweight Champion told the people that he had really hoped it wouldn't come to this, because while he may be a man of taste and a man of desire, there was only really one lady out there that 'the Ladies Man' wanted - and that was 'Mamacita' herself, Chyna! Malenko told Chyna that he really didn't want to fight her - so he was giving her the option of a way out, and allowing Dean to take her out for drinks after the show. Chyna did not hesitate in walking out to the ring, a look of disgust on her face. Malenko was ignorant of the fact that Chyna was Eddie Guerrero's girlfriend, and just when Dean offered her his hand, Chyna instead grabbed Dean by the testicular fortitude and clubbed him in the face with a forearm!
2) WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Dean Malenko def. Chyna (3:28) 'The Ladies Man' has been out courting the local nightlife scene across the United States a lot over the past several weeks, but it now appeared that the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion had a new interest - which was of course, the prized girlfriend of former Radicalz ally, Eddie Guerrero - Chyna. With her boyfriend 'Latino Heat' set for King of the Ring Quarter-Final action later tonight, 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' took it upon herself to take care of Malenko early on, tossing her around the ring with a series of hiptosses and armdrags, before a military press slam got her a near fall. Dean's pride was at stake, as he attempted to back away from the amazonian-like Diva, before tripping her with a drop toe hold. Malenko took to stretching Chyna on the mat, but when Malenko had her with a bow-and-arrow like hold, Chyna powered him up for a powerbomb! Chyna wanted to go for a second, but Malenko reversed into a sunset flip with his hands on the ropes - stealing the win!
Dean Malenko quickly rolled out to the floor, the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion having stolen this victory against 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' tonight. Chyna was livid in the ring, attempting to complain to the referee about 'the Ladies Man's sneaky method to victory, but Malenko celebrated nonetheless, even daring to blow a kiss at the 'Mamacita' of Eddie Guerrero.
Backstage Kevin Kelly was standing by with the new WWF Hardcore Champion Perry Saturn, who he asked about his title victory last Thursday night on SmackDown! Saturn didn't answer the question, instead staring down and intimidating the smaller broadcast journalist. Saturn asked Kevin if he really wanted to show his true colors. Because if so, Saturn was here to fight allcomers. If Kevin Kelly wanted his title, to dare and take it from him. Kevin attempted to apologize, and Saturn told him that that's what he thought. But when it comes to being WWF Hardcore Champion twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, Perry Saturn is 24/7!
The Undertaker rolled into the parking lot of the Gaylord Entertainment Center, with the huge main event set for tonight contesting 'the American Badass' going one-on-one with one of the men he will meet this Sunday at King of the Ring! 'The Deadman' removed his sunglasses and stepped off of his bike, ready and all set to go up against the WWF Champion The Rock tonight!
Back live on RAW, Shane McMahon and Kurt Angle were gloating about the Olympic Gold Medalist's victory earlier tonight against Rikishi. Shane walked and talked with an extremely pleased Kurt Angle, telling him that what he did tonight was exactly what Rikishi had coming. When Angle locked in that Ankle Lock, and he kept bending and twisting - it was beautiful. Kurt told Shane that not only was Rikishi now unable to walk for a week, but that's exactly what he was going to do to win the King of the Ring tournament. The pair bumped into Edge and Christian, who congratulated Shane and Kurt on a job well done earlier tonight. But they had some news they were stoked about too. Christian said that before they beat the ever-loving tar out of "Too Uncool" and vanquish their hopes and dreams of becoming WWF Tag Team Champions, they were going to hold a little open challenge tonight! Edge told them that it was going to be totally awesome, and if anything, a warm-up of beating the ever-loving tar out of those freaks! There were high fives all round for Shane and Team ECK.
3) Jeff Hardy (w/Matt Hardy) def. Test (w/Albert and Trish Stratus) in a King of the Ring Quarter-Final match (3:50) With King of the Ring coming up on Sunday night, this was our second of four Quarter-Finals matches in the 2000 edition of the tournament. Jeff Hardy was going to be up against a big challenge in the six-foot-six member of T&A, and the Hardy Boyz had to have their eyes on Albert and Trish Stratus at ringside in addition. Jeff attempted to combat Test's size and strength with speed, but ultimately the power advantage allowed Test to catch Jeff off the ropes with a big scoop slam. Test punished Jeff with a sidewalk slam and a backbreaker, but when he attempted the pumphandle slam, Jeff landed on the second rope and knocked him down with a missile dropkick! Jeff had the chance to risk it all and take the win when Trish climbed onto the apron, allowing Albert entry to the ring, just to get clotheslined out of the ring by Matt Hardy! Matt and Albert went at it, while Trish had the referee distracted...until Lita came out to ringside, knocking Trish down! Inside, Test slammed Jeff and missed the diving elbow drop, which allowed Jeff to connect with a Swanton Bomb for the three!
Despite the growing measures that Trish Stratus and T&A had gone to, Jeff Hardy was going to the Final Four of the King of the Ring tournament! Matt Hardy and Lita had surprised everybody by standing up against the trio, but just when Jeff thought he was in the clear, Val Venis ran down to the ring to nearly decapitate him with a clothesline! Venis climbed up to the top rope and delivered the Money Shot on Hardy, causing Matt to dash into the ring to run 'the Valbowski' off. Venis had gotten a measure of retribution for Test's loss, whilst Jeff gasped for air - on his way to meet Kurt Angle this Sunday in the Semi-Finals.
Backstage D-Generation X were in the McMahon-Helmsley dressing room, with Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley talking to Triple H, X-Pac and Road Dogg about what she wanted them to do to the Dudley Boyz and Chris Jericho tonight. 'The Billion Dollar Princess' was incensed over what almost happened to, lamenting over being put through a table by Bubba Ray Dudley before! 'The Game' assured his wife to let him handle this, when X-Pac and Road Dogg chimed in to similarly assure her that tonight, the Dudley Boyz wouldn't even make it to King of the Ring on Sunday. DX left the room, set for the big six-man tag team match coming up next.
We returned to footage taken from during the commercial break, showing B&B Security attacking Kaientai in a sudden and unwarranted ambush! The Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan were not wasting any time in making their night interesting for them, as Buchanan lawn darted Taka Michinoku against the chain-link wall of the interview set, whilst Bossman took the nightstick and drove it repeatedly into the sternum of Funaki! B&B Security left the two down and out, but for what purpose?
4) D-Generation X (w/WWF Women's Champion Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) def. Chris Jericho and the Dudley Boyz (6:22) With two huge matches set for King of the Ring this Sunday live on pay-per-view, Triple H alongside X-Pac and Road Dogg took the time to address their foes earlier tonight, which drove the Dudley Boyz and then Chris Jericho out to fight. And in the midst of a wild six-man brawl between D-Generation X, the Dudleys and Y2J, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley could have taken another ride through a table. Bubba Ray and Triple H kicked things off, with Bubba managing to get the better of 'the Game' initially, until the distraction from X-Pac and Road Dogg enabled DX to take control. The McMahon-Helmsley faction grounded Bubba away from his teammates, with the fans rabid for both tables and Y2J. At one point during Triple H's concentrated beatdown of Bubba, he even lamped Jericho off the apron firing him up further. Finally D-Von made the tag, but immediately he found himself distracted by X-Pac which allowed Road Dogg to come from behind! Y2J was the only man not to be in this match, but finally he got the tag and he immediately went right for Triple H! Jericho refused to relent, when Stephanie tried to stop him just to get grabbed by the hair - and Triple H knocked him down to make the tag to X-Pac. Y2J got the tag to D-Von before diving through the ropes onto 'the Game' - and inside D-Von attempted the lifting reverse DDT on X-Pac just for Road Dogg to strike from behind - X-Pac with the X-Factor for the pin!
X-Pac and Road Dogg put the boots to D-Von Dudley after the match to loud boos, as D-Generation X had come out the winners in a hotly contested six-man tag team bout. DX were not messing around when they said they were going to put a serious hurting on the Dudley Boyz to ensure they don't make it to Sunday night, but Chris Jericho climbed into the ring with a steel chair, scaring DX from the ring! He slammed the chair off of the top rope when Triple H tried to climb inside as well, when Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley slowly climbed into the ring, looking to low blow Y2J...just for Jericho to turn around and spot her - locking in the Walls of Jericho on 'the Billion Dollar Princess!' Jericho laughed in 'the Game's face, whilst Triple H was forced to watch his wife locked in the Walls - guarded by the Dudley Boyz!
Backstage Perry Saturn continued to run roughshod over the backstage area, as the new WWF Hardcore Champion was walking the halls, mouthing off to two backstage personnel about how he'd advise they don't try and take the title from him. It was his to keep. He suddenly came across Stevie Richards, who he asked had a problem with him. Stevie wouldn't even make eye contact with him, as Saturn compared him to a petulant child that wanted attention and love and guidance. He told Stevie that if he wasn't going to give him any of that, but if he wanted to fight, to be his guest! Richards nodded, but then shocked Saturn with a shot from a thick book! Stevie rolled Saturn up for a near fall, before Perry came back with a knee to the gut - sending Richards careening into the wall! Saturn screamed at Stevie, calling him an idiot before storming off.
Elsewhere the Undertaker was shadow-boxing in the backstage area, when he was approached by none other than his brother Kane. 'The American Badass' actually smirked upon the sight of 'the Big Red Machine', telling him this better be good. Kane growled that he knows they are brothers, and they are rivals. And this Sunday at King of the Ring there could only be one World Wrestling Federation Champion: but this is important. Undertaker told Kane to give him one good reason why he shouldn't kick the cr*p out of Kane right here and now, to which Kane told him that he knows they have been on different pages, but it's about the Rock. The Brothers of Destruction actually appeared to be conversing!
Back live on RAW is WAR, Triple H, X-Pac and Road Dogg were walking through the backstage corridor with a pained Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley under their care. 'The Billion Dollar Princess' was screaming in pain as a result of the Walls of Jericho, and as X-Pac and Road Dogg told 'the Game' that they would take her back to the room, Triple H let out a huge tantrum, knocking over a nearby table and tossing a production box at the wall! Triple H was livid, screaming about Chris Jericho!
In the building Edge and Christian cockily made their way down to the ring for their open challenge tonight, the WWF Tag Team Champions climbing into the ring to be met with loud boos from the Nashville, Tennessee crowd. Edge told the people that he knows they may not meet eye to eye all of the time, but he knows for a fact how much their opponents this Sunday cared about this waste of a city! Edge commented on how he's seen rednecks from all over the United States, but when it comes to Nashville - there are children walking around with a crooked walk and missing teeth! Christian joked that there was a severe fashion crisis going on here too, asking what the deal was with all of the dungarees? Despite this, E&C felt obligated to treat the rednecks to a Five Second Pose - dedicated to Too Cool - showing off the WWF Tag Team Championship they planned to keep come King of the Ring! But all of a sudden Gangrel rose from beneath the stage - surrounded by the candles and a goblet in hand - and 'the Vampire Warrior' wasn't alone! The Godfather joined Gangrel down to the ring with his Hos accompanying the pair - this odd combination named on the graphic as "Fangin' and Bangin' Incorporated".
5) Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. (w/Hos) def. WWF Tag Team Champions Edge and Christian (2:19) With Edge and Christian set for a WWF Tag Team Championship defense this Sunday at King of the Ring with Too Cool, the ever confident Canadians had decided to open up a challenge to give Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay a taste of things to come. And who would be their opponents? None other than Gangrel and the man that saved 'the Vampire Warrior' from a Mean Street Posse attack last weekend on WWF Jakked - the Godfather! This new tag team started off strong, with Godfather and Gangrel cleaning house - but as Godfather and Gangrel took in the ravenous response of the Nashville crowd, the champions struck from behind! They went to work on their former leader from the Brood, when Too Cool made their way out to the rampway, busting a move to the applause of Nashville! They were giving the fans their own Five Second Pose, which allowed Godfather to take the distraction and connect with a Pimp Drop to pin Christian, one-two-three!
In what was their first official time teaming together, Gangrel and the Godfather had scored a non-title victory against the WWF Tag Team Champions! Fangin' and Bangin' Incorporated had made a huge debut tonight on RAW is WAR, while Too Cool joined the odd couple in the ring with all of the Godfather's Hos - and the eight of them joined in a celebratory dance at the expense of an appalled Edge and Christian!
In the backstage area B&B Security continued to make their rounds in the corridors, where they came across Essa Rios. The Big Bossman spoke up, greeting the luchador by asking him how he was doing, and whether he had acquired his passport yet. Essa sensed the danger from this and responded in merciful Spanish when Bull Buchanan started punching Essa in the face! Bossman and Buchanan pulled out their nightsticks and went to town on the former WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, leaving him laying!
Meanwhile in the Divas locker room, Ivory was seen pulling up her trunks ahead of a women's tag team match coming up when Terri entered with a chocolate cake in hand. Ivory asked 'the She-Devil' what the deal with the dessert was, that it wasn't her birthday. Terri instead reminded Ivory of what happened last night on HeAT, where that trashy hoebag the Kat put her face in a cake. Well tonight would be different, as Terri implied that she was going to humiliate the Kat and make her eat her own words. Ivory laughed, telling Terri that Kat could afford to gain a couple pounds!
Edge and Christian were furious over the loss sustained moments ago at the hands of the newly established Fangin' and Bangin' Incorporated. The WWF Tag Team Champions asked what the hell made the Godfather and Gangrel decide to team up, and how the heck 'the Vampire Warrior' met a pimp! Edge told Christian that he knew being the champs would mean effort, but has everybody lost their freaking minds?
Back on RAW is WAR, it was time for our third of four King of the Ring Quarter-Final matches tonight as Lance Storm made his way down to the ring to loud boos from the patriotic Nashville crowd. Storm brought a Canadian flag out with him, as Lance began to address the American crowds in how he had come into the King of the Ring tournament to represent his native Canadian people, and that so far in this tournament he had beaten the lowest of the low in Americans. But tonight, he faces Eddie Guerrero: the Mexican-born WWF European Champion! And when he leaves the man that calls himself 'Latino Heat' in the dust with his expertise, Lance Storm was going to be the first man in World Wrestling Federation history to win the tournament after making his debut one month ago! Storm then silenced the people and attempted to beckon the people in listening to the Canadian National Anthem - when Eddie Guerrero came out to interrupt! The WWF European Champion told Lance that he talked too much, and that nobody wanted to hear his National Anthem - they wanted to see 'Latino Heat' light Lance up, ese! Eddie came down to the ring, set for what should be a competitive bout between two world traveled WWF Superstars.
6) WWF European Champion Eddie Guerrero def. Lance Storm in a King of the Ring Quarter-Final match (4:46) 'Latino Heat's girlfriend Chyna was not out here with her boyfriend for this tournament bout, having been robbed in her match against Dean Malenko earlier tonight. But despite this, Eddie Guerrero was in a focused mindset having to take on a man that has not yet been pinned or submitted in his month long World Wrestling Federation career, Lance Storm. Storm was fired up after Eddie interrupted the Canadian National Anthem moments ago, and quickly took the WWF European Champion down with a hip toss followed up by a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Storm was aggressive here, even resorting to slapping him around - something unforeseen from the always collected Canadian patriot. Eddie would make a comeback by connecting with a hurricanrana from the second rope, but when he climbed to the top he missed the Frog Splash, which allowed Storm to slap on the Maple Leaf - until Eddie made the ropes! Storm was furious now, and attempted to go for a Super Kick on 'Latino Heat', who dodged it and rolled Lance up for the three!
Eddie Guerrero had managed to overcome Lance Storm, issuing Storm his first loss in the World Wrestling Federation! More importantly, 'Latino Heat' was now on his way to the Semi-Final round of the 2000 King of the Ring tournament. The WWF European Champion had his hand raised at ringside, much to the irate nature of the Canadian in the ring. Lance dismissed the loss and argued with the official, while Eddie gloated that he was well on his way to winning the tournament!
In the backstage area Chyna was watching 'Latino Heat' celebrate his victory, 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' cracking a slight smile whilst stood with her hands on her hips. Chyna nodded in approval for her boyfriend when WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Dean Malenko showed up to once again bother her. 'The Ladies Man' chuckled as he commented on how Eddie won with the roll-up, much like he did himself earlier tonight against her. Dean tried putting his arm around Chyna, telling her that she could do better than being with Eddie, which caused Chyna to try punching him - but Dean managed to scarper from the room, telling her to call him!
Shane McMahon was talking to Kurt Angle in a locker room, the Olympic Gold Medalist shooting the breeze with Shane O'Mac about how he was going to beat Jeff Hardy in the King of the Ring Semi-Final round. Shane smiled in agreement with the Olympic Gold Medalist, when all of a sudden in stormed Rikishi - bad limp and all! Rikishi's arrival caused Shane and Kurt to jump to their feet, as 'Big Kish' was seconded by Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco! Rikishi yelled at Shane that he wanted to fight him, the whole time the Stooges tried to get Rikishi out of there. The angry Samoan punched Patterson and Brisco down before going at it with the Olympic Gold Medalist - tensions running extremely high! But that's when B&B Security showed up with their nightsticks, hammering away at the back of Rikishi! Shane watched in astonishment as the Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan joked about having found their fun for the night before leaving. Shane and Kurt stepped over Rikishi, but not before Shane O'Mac knelt over the fallen Rikishi to tell him that as far as a match was concerned: he got one - this Sunday at King of the Ring!
7) Jacqueline and the Kat def. Ivory and Terri (2:18) The Divas locker room of the World Wrestling Federation has been pretty heated in recent weeks, ever since the Kat and Terri started their rivalry. Last week on RAW is WAR, following the Kat's loss to Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley for the WWF Women's Championship, Ivory and Terri turned up to put the boots to the Kat until Jacqueline made the rescue for the same girl that everybody thought she held disdain for. But then last night on HeAT, when Ivory and Terri tried to attack the two in catering, it would be Terri with cake in her face courtesy of the Kat! A chocolate cake brought out by 'the She-Devil' sat on the announce table, with plans to get revenge on the Kat in mind. Ivory and Terri took to keeping Kat away from Jacqueline early on, with Ivory slapping the homestate Kat and calling her a pathetic Diva. Terri got the tag and attempted a Bronco Buster in the corner, but got nothing, and in came Jacqueline after a tag! Jackie took care of Ivory after a back-and-forth, planting her with a bulldog to pick up the three!
Jacqueline celebrated her win in this Divas tag team match, but Terri came from behind with a clothesline sending Jackie out to the floor! The Kat in turn entered the ring and tackled Terri to the canvas for a catfight, which saw the two roll out to the floor! Ivory returned to the scene to drag Kat off of Terri - and with the strength of Ivory, Terri slapped her in the face and told her it was revenge time! Terri picked up the chocolate cake from the announce desk, promptly shoving it right into the face of the Kat! Ivory released Kat from her grip, causing Kat to fall right into the cake, left humiliated by 'the She-Devil' and the former WWF Women's Champion! Jerry Lawler took a moment away from commentary to attend to Kat, but not before running a finger through the icing on her face for a little taste!
In the backstage area Tazz was with Jonathan Coachman, who wanted to ask 'the Human Suplex Machine' about his upcoming match with Chris Benoit. Tazz told Coachman that there was a time where he had a lot of respect for 'the Rabid Wolverine'. He's a world-class technician, the WWF Intercontinental Champion. But he wants to jump him behind after a hard-fought match last night on HeAT to intimidate him? To let him know who the better man is? Tazz told Benoit directly that tonight they would find out who the better man was, and that he planned to choke 'the Crippler' out, next!
Back live on RAW is WAR, WWF Hardcore Champion Perry Saturn continued to patrol the corridors of the Gaylord Entertainment Center, when Crash Holly suddenly jumped Saturn from behind, mounting the shoulders of the new champ! Saturn struggled while Crash held a sleeper on him, but Saturn was able to force Crash off of him by repeatedly bumping him off of the wall! Holly was dazed and confused, when Saturn nailed Crash with a big right hand - and shoved him into a freezer room, sealing the door! 'The Houdini of Hardcore' was locked inside the freezer, when Steve Blackman suddenly showed up with a kendo stick across the head of Saturn! He covered him and a referee counted the fall - Steve Blackman regaining the WWF Hardcore Championship! 'The Lethal Weapon' took off leaving Saturn behind, and all the while Crash was seen through a small window in the freezer room, screaming to be freed!
8) WWF Intercontinental Championship Chris Benoit def. Tazz in a King of the Ring Quarter-Final match (4:11) With the result of this match we would have a very clear indication of who would walk into King of the Ring with a big chance of winning the entire tournament, as 'the Rabid Wolverine' and 'the Human Suplex Machine' went in to see who would be the fourth member of the Final Four. There was bad blood here stemming from Benoit and Tazz's past couple of weeks exchanged with D-Lo Brown in the mix, adding to the fact that last night 'the Rabid Wolverine' interfered in Tazz's match with Lance Storm, locking him in the Crippler Crossface on the rampway. Tonight Tazz brought the fight to the WWF Intercontinental Champion, with both men coming back from suplexes to return the favor. Tazz got the better of him early, but the tenacity and intensity of 'the Crippler' allowed Benoit to gain control with a stern knee to the gut. A powerbomb got a near fall, as did a series of German suplexes, with it being clear that Tazz was not about to let Benoit get a pinfall win over him this far into the tournament. Tazz rallied back, catching Chris with the Tazzplex, before looking for the Tazzmission which Benoit combated by reaching the ropes! Tazz attempted it again, but Benoit rolled through and connected with a bridging German suplex - Tazz's foot touching the ropes going unnoticed!
Chris Benoit had controversially qualified for the King of the Ring Semi-Final round, the WWF Intercontinental Champion having his hand raised in victory while Tazz sat dejectedly questioning the call of the referee! 'The Rabid Wolverine' smirked knowing he had 'the Human Suplex Machine' beaten as a result of technicality, the champ rolling out of the ring with the stage now set for the Semi-Finals of the tournament: as Chris Benoit faces his former Radicalz running buddy Eddie Guerrero; and Kurt Angle will take on Jeff Hardy to determine who wins the King of the Ring tournament!
In the McMahon-Helmsley dressing room Vince McMahon was met by Kane, who remained silent despite the Chairman demanding that he explain himself. Vince had told Kane not to get involved in something that he didn't need to get mixed up in. Vince reiterated about the fact that 'the Big Red Machine' could have a nice and easy road to the WWF Championship so long as he doesn't get involved. That's all it will take! Kane shut the boss up by telling him that maybe that's not what he wanted. Kane wanted to make sure the Rock felt every single bit of rage that was buried deep within him. All of the years of punishment, torture and agonizing pain brought on by the fire that scarred his body for life! Kane told Vince that he didn't understand, before telling him that he was going to do what he wanted, and when it was over and the Rock and the Undertaker were in ashes, 'the Big Red Machine' will dominate the World Wrestling Federation as WWF Champion! Kane stomped away, causing Vince to shout after him that they were family!
Meanwhile the World Wrestling Federation Champion The Rock was walking to the ring, with 'the Great One' set to do battle once and for all against the Undertaker! The main event was coming up next!
9) WWF Champion The Rock vs The Undertaker ended in a no contest (5:07) With the King of the Ring featuring a colossal Triple Threat main event between the Rock, the Undertaker and Kane for the World Wrestling Federation Championship, we were about to witness the Rock taking on the Undertaker, mano-e-mano on RAW is WAR! After what went down on SmackDown! this past week, with the ambush of 'the Deadman' taking place upon being called to 'the Brahma Bull's dressing room, in the Undertaker's eyes, Rock was a deadman himself. The Undertaker was immediately met with right hands as soon as he entered the ring, with both men immediately going at it in a crazy brawl! It was going to be bowling shoe-ugly, as Rock blasted Undertaker with a clothesline off of the ropes, but upon whipping Undertaker into the ropes a second time, 'the American Badass' came back with a DDT driving 'the Great One' into the canvas on his head! The match continued to go back and forth, with Undertaker hammering Rock with rights in the corner; before Rock came back with some of his own, rocking the Undertaker! A Samoan drop connected for a near fall, but Undertaker used his long legs to big boot the Rock down hard. The Old School connected soonafter, and the Chokeslam looked to follow; but when he had Rock up in the air, Rock fought free and attempted to go for a Rock Bottom when the referee got knocked down in the connection! Rock covered, but with no referee to count the fall he went unnoticed. As Rock motioned for a second Rock Bottom on the dazed Undertaker, hellfire and brimstone came over the stage! Kane was here, and making a beeline for the ring!
The Rock tried meeting 'the Big Red Machine' on the floor, just to get a fiery uppercut from the seven-foot monster. Kane continued to dish up right hands for the WWF Champion against the ring steps, before attempting to fireman's carry him, just to get pushed off by Rock; Kane sent sailing into the ring post! Rock returned to the ring, looking for the Rock Bottom once again, but Kane slipped in behind him and dropped the Rock with a Chokeslam! As the Undertaker rose to his feet, he was met by his brother - and the Brothers of Destruction stood face to face in the center of the ring! Kane nodded to 'the Deadman', who didn't give him a response. With the crowd going crazy, Kane suddenly decided to roll out of the ring and leave; 'the Deadman' left alone. Was it collusion on behalf of the Brothers of Destruction, or did Vince McMahon's plan to get the Undertaker on their side work? Undertaker glared down his brother Kane - but at King of the Ring, there could only be one WWF Champion in the Triple Threat match!
King of the Ring 2000 - June 25, 2000 FleetCenter in Boston, Massachusetts Live on Pay-Per-View
TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WWF CHAMPIONSHIP THE ROCK (c)vs KANE vs THE UNDERTAKER
TRIPLE H vs CHRIS JERICHO
THE 2000 KING OF THE RING FINALS TBA vs TBA
THE 2000 KING OF THE RING SEMI-FINALS CHRIS BENOIT vs EDDIE GUERRERO
THE 2000 KING OF THE RING SEMI-FINALS KURT ANGLE vs JEFF HARDY
TAG TEAM TABLES MATCH THE DUDLEY BOYZ vs D-GENERATION X
SHANE MCMAHON vs RIKISHI
WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP EDGE AND CHRISTIAN (c) vs TOO COOL
Matches to be announced.
KING OF THE RING QUARTER-FINAL ROUND 1. Kurt Angle def. Rikishi(RAW is WAR, June 19) 2. Jeff Hardy def. Test (RAW is WAR, June 19) 3. Eddie Guerrero def. Lance Storm(RAW is WAR, June 19) 4. Chris Benoit def. Tazz (RAW is WAR, June 19)
KING OF THE RING SECOND ROUND: 1. Rikishi def. Shane McMahon (SmackDown!, June 8) 2. Tazz def. D-Lo Brown(SmackDown!, June 8) 3. Testdef. Hardcore Holly(HeAT, June 11) 4. Lance Storm def. Crash Holly(HeAT, June 11) 5. Kurt Angle def. Matt Hardy(RAW is WAR, June 12) 6. Jeff Hardy def. Road Dogg(RAW is WAR, June 12) 7. Eddie Guerrero def. Al Snow (SmackDown!, June 15) 8. Chris Benoit vs D-Lo Brown (sub. for Bradshaw) (SmackDown!, June 15)
KING OF THE RING FIRST ROUND: 1. Chris Benoit def. The Godfather (RAW is WAR, May 22) 2. Rikishi def. Dean Malenko (RAW is WAR, May 22) 3. Jeff Hardy def. X-Pac (SmackDown!, May 25) 4. Shane McMahon def. Chris Jericho (SmackDown!, May 25) 5. D-Lo Brown def. Scotty 2 Hotty (HeAT, May 28) 6. Hardcore Holly def. Albert (HeAT, May 28) 7. Road Dogg def. Val Venis (RAW is WAR, May 29) 8. Test def. Faarooq (RAW is WAR, May 29) 9. Lance Storm def. Grandmaster Sexay (SmackDown!, June 1) 10. Kurt Angle def. Chyna (SmackDown!, June 1) 11. Crash Holly def. Joey Abs (HeAT, June 4) 12. Tazz def. Bull Buchanan (HeAT, June 4) 13. Bradshaw def. Christian (RAW is WAR, June 12) 14. Eddie Guerrero def. Perry Saturn (RAW is WAR, June 12) 15. Matt Hardy def. Steve Blackman (RAW is WAR, June 12) 16. Al Snow def. Edge (RAW is WAR, June 12)
KING OF THE RING ZERO ROUND: 1. Joey Abs def. Rodney & Pete Gas (HeAT, May 28)
SmackDown! - June 22, 2000 The Pyramid in Memphis, Tennessee Broadcast on UPN Taped June 20, 2000
A replay aired from RAW is WAR, reviewing the huge main event to be contested between the Rock and the Undertaker. Both men were quiet in their approach for the main event, where the World Wrestling Federation Champion was set to meet one of the two challengers he will meet in a Triple Threat match this Sunday at King of the Ring. Meanwhile, the second challenger Kane had heard just about enough of Vince McMahon's orders, refusing to play by the Chairman's rules and get involved in the main event. After a conspicuous conversation that went on between the Brothers of Destruction off the air, 'the Big Red Machine' marched down to the ring and targeted his assault on 'the People's Champ' leaving him laying. But when it came down to Kane and the Undertaker, stood face to face in the center of the ring - 'the Deadman' simply walked away from Kane - you had to wonder whether there was collusion leading into this Sunday!
The opening video package aired to kick off SmackDown!, bringing us to the sold out Pyramid in Memphis, Tennessee with only three days to spare until the King of the Ring! The fireworks went off and the fans were loud, as Michael Cole and the hometown hero himself Jerry Lawler welcomed us to SmackDown!, on a night where Kurt Angle teams up with Edge and Christian to take on Too Cool and Rikishi!
1) T&A (w/Trish Stratus) def. The Dudley Boyz (4:21) The Dudley Boyz were set for Tag Team Tables this Sunday at King of the Ring against major rivals X-Pac and Road Dogg, but tonight on SmackDown! they were up against two other familiar faces in the form of T&A. It was announced that Val Venis would take on Jeff Hardy later tonight, leaving Test and Albert busy to handle D-Von and Bubba Ray. Early on Albert attempted to power D-Von Dudley around, but with the tag team experience of the Dudleys, they were able to connect with a double suplex to the 350-pounder instead! The Dudleys were in control for a while, when Test managed to quietly tag himself in and jump D-Von from behind to allow T&A to double-team the defenseless Dudley. T&A powered D-Von around some more, keeping him away from Bubba, but finally he was able to make the tag. Bubba and D-Von gave Albert the Wazzup! and a double clothesline to take him out, but when Bubba looked for the Bubba Bomb, X-Pac and Road Dogg ran down to ringside, distracting Bubba and allowing Test to connect with an impressively strong pumphandle slam, to claim the three!
T&A had scored a big upset tonight to kick off SmackDown!, and Trish Stratus was the first to congratulate Test and Albert on such a victory. But meanwhile D-Von and Bubba Ray Dudley came to in the ring, spotting a smug-looking X-Pac and Road Dogg at ringside. The Dudley Boyz - alongside the thousands in attendance - pondered why D-Generation X didn't attempt an attack on the Dudleys. They even attempted to call them into the ring to fight, but X-Pac and Road Dogg decided to leave instead; Road Dogg telling the Dudley Boyz that they'd get theirs on Sunday!
Triple H and Shane McMahon were in the McMahon-Helmsley regime's dressing room, talking to the injured Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley. 'The Billion Dollar Princess' was complaining about the pain she felt in her back - courtesy of Chris Jericho's Walls of Jericho this past Monday night - sprawled out across the couch. In walked Vince McMahon, who was immediately met with an angry look from 'the Game'. Vince asked the family what all the cold looks was for, because this Sunday at King of the Ring would be a great night for the faction! Shane and Stephanie remained silent, while Triple H got in his father-in-law's face to ask him what was going on with the Undertaker and Kane. He asked the Chairman if 'the Deadman' had joined the regime, and if so - what about his WWF Championship shot when the Rock is no longer champ? Vince told him to stand down, biting back telling him that he hadn't seen Kane since Monday! And he sure as hell didn't have any contact with the Rock. Vince then told the family to get their chins up, because King of the Ring would be their next: to wait and see. Vince left, with plans to address the fans in the Pyramid.
Vince McMahon made his way out to the Pyramid crowd in Memphis as SmackDown! returned, the Chairman still all smiles despite what appeared to be a tense meeting with the McMahon family moments ago. Vince grinned as he climbed into the ring and received nonstop, loud chants of "assh*le" coming his way. McMahon asked Memphis how the city was doing. He explained that even on a good day, he would come out here and they would yell such incomprehensible things in his direction, and he would knock them on their collective butts for the redneck tools he knows that each and every one of them were! But tonight was not that night, because the fact was that Vince McMahon was excited about the future! Triple H, Shane McMahon and Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley were seen watching from the dressing room, hearing Vince talk about King of the Ring, and how it was all coming together nicely. Indeed, it was because this Sunday we would see D-Generation X clean house and finally wipe those dirty Dudley Boyz off of the face of his World Wrestling Federation, when they drive them through tables. It was because on Sunday we would bare witness to his son-in-law Triple H wipe the floor with Chris Jericho, and outright leave Y2J's mouth permanently closed. It was because on Sunday, we would see his son Shane McMahon - the product of his semen - wipe Rikishi's ass and put him in his place! But above everything else, we would see a new World Wrestling Federation Champion crowned. Vince began to talk about the McMahon-Helmsley regime's more-than well-documented rivalry with 'the People's Champ', and how it would all come to an end at King of the Ring when he faces the Brothers of Destruction, the Undertaker and Kane!
But before Vince could proceed any further, The Rock made his way out to the ring! The WWF Champion surely could not have been happy about what went down with Kane attacking 'the Great One' during his match with the Undertaker, and Rock immediately squared up to Vince and told the Chairman to do the world a favor, and to take his dumb little monkeyass smile, and stick it straight up his candyass! Rock told Vince that him smiling scared the children, calling him a sick freak. Vince tried to greet Rock, becoming aware that it was just the two of them in the ring right then and there. But Rock told Vince that he wasn't out here to make small-talk and ask Vince how his day was. Nor was he out here to ask Vince why he was making all of these empty threats that we all knew would not come to fruition! The Rock had one, and only one question for McMahon: are the Brothers of Destruction working together. Vince was about to answer to say he hadn't seen them, but Rock told Vince that it didn't matter if they were working together! Rock told Vince that whether they were or weren't - whether Vince knew full well or not - it didn't matter. The fact of the matter was that at King of the Ring, the Rock would put on his size-thirteen boots, walk on into the Triple Threat match: and whether it rained or shined in Boston on that June night - layeth the SmackDown! on the Brothers of Destruction!
Vince told Rock that he's been sensing a pattern whenever a challenge comes his way. He asked 'the People's Champ' if he had any self-respect left, or if the WWF Championship had reeled him in so much that he's just straight up gone delusional! Vince told Rock that he comes out here before every single pay-per-view defense, he makes these threats to the boss. And he thinks it's an act of cowardice! Vince accused Rock of wanting to get out of these title matches, because he knows full well he can't get the job done! And when he does, it's because he gets lucky - like at Backlash, and like at Judgment Day! Vince angrily slapped the sunglasses off of the face of 'the Brahma Bull', causing Rock to slowly drop the microphone. Vince smugly told Rock that he had had enough of Rock's attitude, which is why tonight he was making a match: and it would pit the Rock teaming up with the Undertaker! And their opponents? Kane...and Vince McMahon himself! The fans erupted, as Vince told Rock that this is what happens when the boss finally bites back. Vince grinned again as he attempted to walk past the WWF Champion to leave, but just before he could Rock roped him back in, and dropped the Chairman with a Rock Bottom! Rock stood tall, whilst Vince was down - what on earth was the Chairman thinking, slapping 'the Great One' like that? A man with the world's largest grapefruits, no exaggeration!
In the McMahon-Helmsley dressing room Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley and Shane McMahon were in confusion over the actions of their father, who just stood up to the Rock all by himself and proceeded to get laid out by the WWF Champion. 'The Billion Dollar Princess' was shocked for her dad, but then rived in pain upon moving. Shane left to go and get his sister some ice, when in walked Kurt Angle with a card and a box of chocolates. The Olympic Gold Medalist awkwardly asked her if Shane was around, before telling her that he saw what that barbarian Chris Jericho did to her - telling him he got her these. Stephanie appeared touched by Kurt's gesture, with the two shaking hands again! Kurt told her he had to go and get ready for his match, leaving - and the WWF Women's Champion looked genuinely pleased to see him.
Back on SmackDown! Trish Stratus was still stropping around the locker room after what happened on RAW this past Monday. T&A were sat around recovering from their match with the Dudley Boyz, as Trish commented on who thought she was to attack her! Trish ran her mouth about the audacity of that redheaded Latina freak, when in walked Val Venis to greet Trish warmly. Stratus was glad to see him, but 'the Valbowski' appeared to be mentally prepared for his match. Val told the group that after what happened on RAW this past week, he was looking forward to grabbing that punk kid Jeff Hardy and driving his head into the mat tonight. Val smirked as he told Trish that if that bimbo Lita dared to get involved, she may just find out what a Money Shot really is. Trish smiled, as Val left to get ready. T&A wondered why Val was sucking up to her.
In the building D-Lo Brown swaggered his way down to the ring, 'the Bizniz' feeling the effects of several recent losses sustained in the World Wrestling Federation. D-Lo took to the microphone, where he told the people that he wanted to clear up a few things before this match. He was a man of particular tastes, which meant that when it comes to the women that Memphis had to offer - he was out of their reach! Brown began to tell a tale of a date he recently went on with a girl that was from Tennessee, and it astounded him that while he went out of his way to spruce himself up for what should have been the best night of her life: she lost out on it, because she had this horrendous odor, and hadn't appeared to have even brushed her teeth in weeks! But before D-Lo could continue, Hardcore Holly came down to the ring! Holly snatched the microphone, telling D-Lo that if he wanted to talk about horrendous odours - Hardcore thought his attitude stank! Holly hammered D-Lo between the eyes to kick off this match!
2) D-Lo Brown def. Hardcore Holly (3:27) 'The Bizniz' had attempted to run Memphis into the ground verbally, but he was in for a tough test up against Hardcore Holly. Holly - who even had the gall to challenge Triple H to a match this past weekend on HeAT - had always been vocal about his opponents, but as of late it appeared that Hardcore's blunt and intense persona had reached a new level. Holly caught D-Lo off-guard early on and clobbered 'the Bizniz' in the corner with a series of strikes, until Brown came back with an atomic drop, before quickly going to work on the former WWF Hardcore Champion. Brown showboated while on the attack, which has been his downfall in previous matches, and this allowed Hardcore to come back swinging with an Alabama slam scoring a near fall. Brown rolled out to the apron and attempted to climb up to the top, where Hardcore went up looking for a superplex - just for Brown to low blow Holly out of sight from the referee; and Brown connected with the Frog Splash to pick up the three!
D-Lo Brown had his hand raised, clearly disheveled after a hard-fought brawl against the vocal Hardcore Holly. 'The Bizniz' held the back of his head after the match, and despite resorting to nefarious means had been able to get a win tonight on SmackDown!, while Holly held his groin in pain.
Returning to the McMahon-Helmsley dressing room Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley laid on the couch eating chocolates and reading the card that Kurt Angle gave her, when in walked her husband Triple H. 'The Game' asked 'the Billion Dollar Princess' how she was feeling, before asking where she got those gifts. Stephanie told him that the Olympic Gold Medalist had gotten her them and wished her to get well soon, which drew laughter from 'the Game'. Triple H asked Stephanie if she thought something was off about that guy, to which his wife responded to tell him that Kurt was just a genuinely good friend.
Elsewhere Eddie Guerrero and Chyna were walking the halls, 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' in her boyfriend's ear reminding 'Latino Heat' about what Dean Malenko had done. The WWF European Champion repeatedly told 'Mamacita' that he'd take care of 'the Ladies Man', and make his face even unprettier than it was before! Eddie placed an arm around Chyna, telling her to stop being so tense - but Chyna elbowed Eddie in the gut playfully, telling him to get serious. Eddie defends the WWF European Championship up next!
Back on SmackDown! Crash Holly was seen covered in a blanket, dithering after being locked in a freezer room this past Monday night. Kevin Kelly asked the former WWF Hardcore Champion about how he was even able to be here tonight. Crash immediately cut him off, shaking. He explained to Kevin that he had been locked in that freezer for two straight hours until a nerdy little backstage assistant spotted him. But that's the price of being Hardcore, and that he wanted to get his title back! Crash told him that he wanted to face Perry Saturn tonight so badly, but Kevin had to remind him that Steve Blackman had regained the WWF Hardcore Championship. Crash gasped aloud that his memory was a little frostbitten - he had to remind Kelly that he was locked in a gosh darn freezer for two hours! How on Earth could Crash compete like this?
3) Eddie Guerrero (w/Chyna) (c) def. WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Dean Malenko (w/Two Women) to retain the WWF European Championship (5:14) This was 'Latino Heat's opportunity to get back at Dean Malenko, for making repeated advances on his girlfriend Chyna over the past two weeks. The WWF Light Heavyweight Champion even made his way out to the ring accompanied by two women he allegedly picked up at the bar last night in Memphis. Jerry Lawler even joked that he knew those ladies from the old days and they weren't pretty then, either! Dean blew a kiss to 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' which got Eddie hot - the two going at it as they have been known to do! The two Radicalz went back and forth, with Malenko catching Eddie off the ropes with a gutbuster to allow Malenko to work over the WWF European Champion. 'The Ladies Man' had the chance to become a double champion tonight, but Malenko kept turning to gloat in Chyna's face, which allowed Guerrero to come back with a hurricanrana for a near fall. Eddie looked to go up for a Frog Splash when Dean crotched him - and a superplex scored him a near fall! Dean closed in for a Tiger Bomb, but Chyna climbed onto the apron and suggestively unbuttoned her blouse! Dean was distracted, and Eddie came back with a powerbomb to get the win!
'Latino Heat' had retained the WWF European Championship as a result of Dean Malenko's machismo! Eddie Guerrero was joined by Chyna in the ring to celebrate, while 'the Ladies Man' rolled out to the floor, to be aided to by the two barflies he had brought out with him tonight. But as one Radical exited the ring in defeat, out came the WWF European Champion's opponent in the King of the Ring Semi-Finals this coming Sunday - Chris Benoit! 'The Rabid Wolverine' observed the fallen Malenko before climbing into the ring, and offering his hand to Guerrero. The Radicalz may be no more, but Benoit mouthed to Eddie to let the best man win on Sunday! Eddie was hesitant but accepted the handshake, but he and Chyna made the mistake of turning his back to Benoit - who clobbered the couple to the mat! Benoit locked in the Crippler Crossface on his former friend, with these two set to meet at King of the Ring to see who will go to the finals! Chyna finally came to and ran the WWF Intercontinental Champion out to the floor, while Benoit was extremely pleased with outsmarting 'Latino Heat'.
Jeff Hardy was warming up in the backstage area when he was approached by Matt Hardy, who told Jeff that this was an important week for the Hardy Boyz. Not only was Jeff now in the King of the Ring Semi-Finals, but he had the chance to go on and win the whole thing! Jeff told Matt that he had it on his mind: but he could not believe Val Venis. Jeff reminisced to the first adult film he saw starring 'the Valbowski', but now he was nothing more than one of Trish Stratus's boytoys! Jeff told Matt that he would beat Val tonight and go on to focus on King of the Ring, just as Lita showed up to ask the Hardy Boyz if they were ready to do this.
In the backstage corridor Chris Jericho was in living color at the Pyramid tonight in Memphis, and it appeared that Y2J was headed for the ring!
Back on SmackDown! the Godfather was throwing a party with his Hos in a room in the backstage area. 'The Pimp Daddy' was busting a move with some of his beautiful women, while WWF Superstars such as the Headbangers, Stevie Richards, Mideon and Essa Rios were also seen getting down and dancing with the ladies. Godfather then bellowed out in greeting to his partner in Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. - Gangrel! 'The Vampire Warrior' held his goblet and let loose with the Godfather, as Godfather asked him how he was doing. Gangrel danced silently, simply nodding back at him. As Godfather introduced his new tag team partner to a few of his ladyfriends, in walked the Mean Street Posse who asked where their invite was! Rodney, Pete Gas and Joey Abs were disgusted by the look of some of these women: asking if Godfather was holding out on the boys. Godfather responded by looking at Gangrel, before bringing the fight to the Posse! The Posse were thrown out of the party, and the WWF Superstars and Hos alike rejoiced as the party continued.
But in the building the countdown ran down, introducing Chris Jericho to a big reaction from the Memphis crowd. Y2J was full of himself and the fans ate it up, on his way to the ring following a big moral victory this past week on RAW is WAR. Jericho climbed into the ring and welcomed everybody to SmackDown! is Jericho, asking Memphis what was up! Y2J told the people that he wished that he could say he was proud of what he did this past Monday night. In fact, he wishes he could say he hadn't thought about it all week. But he had some words for 'the Billion Dollar Princess' after locking her in the Walls of Jericho: "sucks to be you!" Y2J gloated in the fact that Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley finally got her moment with Chris Jericho and he knew that she knew it was the greatest time of her life. And he couldn't believe some of the noises that Stephanie was coming out with while she grunted and groaned, while Y2J folded her up like an accordion! Jericho even took to footage from the OvalTron to relive the happening. But as Y2J had the Walls of Jericho on the WWF Women's Champion, instead of Stephanie screaming Y2J had edited in a cow mooing, and a horse neighing! The people in Memphis chanted "Y2J", as Jericho told the people that they really liked him - they really, really liked him!
But one man that did not like him was Triple H, who immediately stomped out to the ring with a big frown on 'the Game's face. The husband of 'the Billion Dollar Princess' climbed into the ring to respond to Chris Jericho's humiliating video, as Jericho told everybody that here came "Mr. Horseface" himself! 'The Game' however wasn't even waiting to get himself some of Chris Jericho - immediately tackling him and drowning him in punches! 'The Game' had had enough of Y2J's antics, but Jericho was not about to take what his rival was throwing at him! Jericho came back with some rights of his own, and chopped him in the corner. Triple H responded by stomping away at Y2J in the corner, but Jericho came off the second rope with a missile dropkick! Chris wanted the Walls of Jericho on 'the Game', who clutched the ropes and managed to escape out to the floor, where Jericho hit a plancha over the top rope! Y2J buried 'the Game' in more punches, with Triple H trying to get away - Chris Jericho promptly clotheslining him over the barricade! Jericho joined him in the crowd as the two continued to fight into the stands - and out of the Pyramid! These two men were not waiting for King of the Ring, and in 'the Game's eyes, this was extremely personal!
We returned to see footage of what went down during the commercial break, as the fighting between Triple H and Chris Jericho had led to the two brawling out of the building! As fans surrounded the two to watch, Y2J punched 'the Game' to the pavement before trying to lock in the Walls of Jericho on Triple H! Triple H once again was able to break loose by clubbing the leg of Jericho, but before these two gladiators could go at it any further, security showed up to break up the brawl! 'The Game' told Y2J that he would break his jaw at King of the Ring, while Y2J dared Triple H to try him right now!
4) Too Cool and Rikishi def. Kurt Angle and WWF Tag Team Champions Edge and Christian (w/Shane McMahon) (7:32) Things had come to ahead between Team ECK and the trio of Too Cool and Rikishi. Following ten days ago on RAW is WAR where Too Cool captured the WWF Tag Team Championship just to be screwed out of them by Shane McMahon, Shane O'Mac's business with Rikishi had intensified with a distraction from Shane costing 'Big Kish' his chances of qualifying into the King of the Ring tournament against Kurt Angle this past Monday. Too Cool started off strong with their tag team antics bettering the WWF Tag Team Champions they meet on Sunday, but when Kurt Angle entered the fray, he hammered Scotty 2 Hotty with a clobbering elbow to the back of the head. The Olympic Gold Medalist worked with Edge and Christian to keep Scotty in their camp, while Rikishi and Grandmaster Sexay got the people behind them. Sexay got the tag, but the referee did not see it because of Shane O'Mac's presence - allowing Team ECK to continue their three-on-one advantage. But finally Rikishi got the tag, and he ran wild on all three members of Team ECK! Rikishi had Angle ready for a Stinkface when Edge and Christian ran in, just to be attacked by Too Cool; and Angle was left disgusted as a result! Shane McMahon slipped into the ring just to eat a superkick from 'Big Kish', before Angle attempted an Olympic Slam, just to take a Rikishi Driver - Rikishi taking the victory!
Rikishi had gotten redemption for Monday night, when Shane McMahon once again came in looking to strangle the Samoan from behind! But the 400-pounder managed to throw him off, leaving Shane O'Mac to panic in the corner as Rikishi closed in. He was about to give the Stinkface to the man he meets at King of the Ring, but Edge and Christian swept the ring to fight Rikishi! Armed with steel chairs, the WWF Tag Team Champions managed to get Rikishi off of his feet with a chair shot to the spine followed up by another - when E&C glanced at one another: delivering a steel chair sandwich devastating the ribs of the Samoan! Too Cool hit the ring to run Team ECK from the ring, as Rikishi laid in the center of the ring gasping for air. Team ECK and Shane McMahon celebrated at ringside - the steel chair sandwich looking to have taken a lot out of 'Big Kish!'
Returning to the party that Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. were throwing in the backstage area, Essa Rios was standing around sipping from a red cup when Terri showed up wanting to speak to him. While Essa's eyes were focused on the Godfather's Hos present in the room, 'the She-Devil' turned his head to look into her eyes as she proposed that Essa help do her a favor. Essa responded in Spanish, as Terri talked about a mixed tag team match tonight against the Kat and a partner of her choice. Rios accepted the proposal in Spanish - with Rios and Terri now set to face the Kat and a WWF Superstar of her choosing!
Back on SmackDown! Shane McMahon was in the McMahon-Helmsley dressing room talking to his sister, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley complaining to Shane O'Mac about how Triple H was being questioned by police officials right now because of that idiot, Chris Jericho. Shane assured 'the Billion Dollar Princess' that 'the Game' would beat Y2J into unconsciousness at King of the Ring, when Vince McMahon walked into the room. The Chairman sensed judgment from his children, and asked them what they were looking at. Shane told Vince that he didn't know what was going on with him, asking if Vince was crazy for standing up to the Rock, and getting involved in the tag team match later tonight against Rock and the Undertaker. With Kane - who he couldn't trust! Vince bellowed back that he knew what he was doing, that this was his World Wrestling Federation - not Rock's! And tonight, we were going to find out if 'the American Badass' is a team player or not. Besides, Shane was in some pretty big danger facing Rikishi on Sunday. Shane called after him, telling his dad that he could beat Rikishi!
5) Val Venis (w/Trish Stratus) def. Jeff Hardy (w/Lita) (4:42) Jeff Hardy was now set for the Semi-Finals of the 2000 King of the Ring tournament, set to do battle against Kurt Angle, with the Olympic Gold Medalist and the winner of Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero standing in his way of achieving the biggest accomplishment of his young career. But after defeating Test to advance to the Semi-Finals, on RAW this past week Val Venis left Jeff Hardy laying, leading to this match. Jeff looked to overcome the powerful 'Valbowski' - who matched Jeff's speed with his power to get ahead of the Hardy Boy. Despite this, Jeff tried to fight back with all of his might - a corkscrew moonsault off the top rope catching Venis on the way down, and despite Val's work on his ribs, Jeff was still in this fight! But that's when T&A came walking down the rampway, Test and Albert however not focusing on Jeff Hardy - instead cornering Lita at ringside, with Trish looking to get even with her for Monday! But Matt Hardy charged down to ringside to try and combat the two men! Meanwhile inside, Jeff's Twist of Fate went reversed into a fisherman suplex to pick up the three.
Val Venis had his hand raised after the match, while at ringside Matt Hardy found himself outnumbered against T&A; Test dropping him with a big clothesline! Albert tossed Matt into the ring, when Trish Stratus lamped Lita on the floor! Matt was down, and 'the Valbowski' came soaring through the air with the Money Shot: the Hardy Boyz and Lita left down and out courtesy of T&A, Val Venis and Trish Stratus!
We returned to the party thrown by Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. where Al Snow was seen dressed up formally, telling a joke to the Headbangers about penguins! Al was in hysterics at his own joke, but Mosh and Thrasher were not so amused by the former WWF Hardcore Champion's attempt at comedy. The Kat showed up to tap Al on the back; the WWF Diva wanting to recruit Snow as his partner in tonight's mixed tag team bout against Terri and Essa Rios. Al was shamefully busy, but was reluctant to tell Kat what he had planned. Al finally confessed that he had made dinner reservations, causing Kat to prod further: and Al Snow revealed that he had a date...with Head! Al apologized before taking off, leaving the former WWF Women's Champion without a partner - with the match coming up next!
During the break, footage aired of the Undertaker finally making his arrival to the Pyramid in Memphis for SmackDown! tonight. 'The American Badass' slowly stepped off of his motorcycle in his first sighting since RAW this past week where he didn't lay a finger on his interfering brother Kane. Kevin Kelly was present to try and catch a word with the Undertaker about what happened on RAW is WAR, and about his tag team match tonight where he teams with the Rock! Undertaker walked into the building, completely ignoring Kevin Kelly!
In the building Terri and Essa Rios were making their way to the ring; the former WWF Light Heavyweight Champion seemingly taking 'the She-Devil' up on the offer for this mixed tag team match purely to be beside Terri, whom he repeatedly placed his arm around. The Kat hesitantly made her way to the ring afterwards, with the Kat noticeably without a tag team partner for this match. Terri laughed it up before taking to the microphone, as she asked Kat what the matter was - did she not have a partner? Terri commented that that was the Kat's problem: nobody in the WWF locker room liked her! Terri rubbed it in the Kat's face, leaving Kat to simply take what 'the She-Devil' was saying to her - when Jerry Lawler decided to step up to the plate! 'The King' noted to Michael Cole that this was his hometown: and the Kat was in peril! Lawler climbed into the ring by the side of the Kat; causing Essa to yell at the legend in Spanish!
6) Jerry Lawler and The Kat def. Essa Rios and Terri (3:15) Following the humiliation of the Kat this past Monday night on RAW is WAR, where Terri stuffed her face in a chocolate cake; Terri had challenged Kat to a mixed tag team match tonight on SmackDown!, where 'the She-Devil' had managed to persuade Essa Rios to team up. For the Kat however, she was unable to find a tag team partner until the hometown hero Jerry 'the King' Lawler proudly stood up on Kat's behalf. Rios attempted to fly circles around Lawler early, but Jerry caught Essa mid-air with a right hand, and Lawler soon hammered away with right hands to the former WWF Light Heavyweight Champion to a big ovation! Essa finally tagged in Terri, which caused Kat to charge her from across the ring; the Divas going at it! Essa decided to get involved, pulling the hair of Kat, but Jerry came from behind knocking him into 'the She-Devil'! Lawler then proceeded to drag Kat over to their corner, and claim the tag - where 'the King' planted Rios with a diving fist drop off the second to score the three count.
Jerry Lawler was victorious in his hometown of Memphis, Tennessee - 'the King' helping the Kat up to her feet. Lawler was a gentleman around the Kat and raised her hand in victory, who promptly surprised 'the King' by leaping into his arms and pecking him with multiple kisses! At ringside Essa Rios was yelled at by Terri, who was clearly furious about not just the loss, but the fact that Essa bumped into her!
In the trainer's room sat a dithering Crash Holly, clothed in his ring gear and a big blanket. Crash had hoped to be able to compete against the WWF Hardcore Champion tonight, but when he asked the doctor that took his temperature if he could compete, the doctor told him that it was impossible for him to wrestle tonight! 'The Houdini of Hardcore' told the doctor who he was, that he lived for being Hardcore. And after he was screwed out of his title on RAW, he wanted it back! The doctor told Crash that it was a no-go, promptly leaving. Crash threw his blanket down in disappointment, before immediately covering himself within once more: freezing and shaking profusely.
Jonathan Coachman welcomed us back to SmackDown!, where he was now standing by with the World Wrestling Federation Champion The Rock ahead of tonight's main event. 'The People's Champ' interrupted Coachman to address the people: that finally the Rock had come back to Memphis, Tennessee! Rock asked what he knew about Memphis, and how he had spent his time here - Coachman telling him that he had seen the sights, eaten some Tennessee steak and visited Elvis's mansion, but Rock cut him off! Rock told Coach that tonight is the big night, where he predicts the following things to take place. One, he expected Kane to set something alight, preferably himself. Number two, can Vince McMahon and his gigantic grapefruits survive the ass-whooping of a lifetime courtesy of 'the Great One?' And number three: can the Rock expect the Undertaker to be with or against him tonight! But the Rock already knew the outcome of number three - with the Triple Threat match on Sunday, he didn't expect Undertaker to play by anybody's rules. But what the Rock advised 'the Deadman' do was to know his role, and shut his mouth! The fact of the matter is that after tonight, the Rock would go to King of the Ring on Sunday, and walk out still the WWF Champion - if you smell what the Rock is cookin!'
7) Perry Saturn def. Steve Blackman (c) to win the WWF Hardcore Championship (4:54) The WWF Hardcore Championship scene has been chaotic with the 24/7 rule in full effect. Perry Saturn interfered in a title match last week on SmackDown! to win the title from Crash Holly. But this past Monday night on RAW Saturn found his challenge when Crash Holly tried to attack him; Crash winding up trapped in a freezer for two hours while Steve Blackman crept in and regained the title. Crash wanted the title shot tonight, but due to illness brought on by being trapped in the freezer, Perry Saturn took his place wanting to regain the gold. Saturn was hard-hitting early, snapping 'the Lethal Weapon's kendo stick in half and using a German suplex onto a trash can to score a near fall. Saturn and Blackman fought out to ringside, when Crash Holly ran down draped in his blanket - connecting with a crossbody on both men off of the ring steps! Crash scored a near fall, but then started dithering cold once more. Saturn rolled Blackman into the ring, where he put him down with a brainbuster on the trash can lid to regain the title!
Perry Saturn rolled out while Crash Holly rolled in; Saturn taking off with the WWF Hardcore Championship raised high! Saturn was now a two-time champ, all thanks to the setbacks of 'the Houdini of Hardcore'. All the while, 'the Lethal Weapon' Steve Blackman was not too pleased by the loss: Blackman proceeding to connect with a martial arts kick leaving the debilitated Holly down and out!
Vince McMahon was talking with Kane in the McMahon-Helmsley dressing room ahead of the tag team main event in just a few moments. The Chairman told 'the Big Red Machine' that he knew things had gotten weird, with the Undertaker and Kane seemingly in cohoots. Kane refuted that claim, telling Vince that he did what he wanted and 'the Deadman' did the same. What he and his brother talked about on RAW was their business: but tonight and at King of the Ring on Sunday: it was all about him dominating anybody in his way. And if that included Vince, so be it! Kane wanted the WWF Championship! All of a sudden Triple H walked in, visibly irate over the brawl with Chris Jericho earlier tonight that got Memphis police officials involved. 'The Game' was sarcastic towards Vince, telling him that he knew it: McMahon was trying to replace him! Triple H squared up to Kane and told him that he'd better win on Sunday, because he was going to get back what was rightfully his the next night on RAW! 'The Game' left, leaving Vince to try and explain to Kane that this wasn't the plan! Kane left Vince behind, with McMahon concerned about the tag team match ahead, next!
8) WWF Champion The Rock and the Undertaker def. Kane and Chairman Vince McMahon (7:11) This was set to be a dysfunctional main event between the three participants in Sunday's Triple Threat match for the WWF Championship at King of the Ring. The Rock and the Undertaker were not on good terms, nor were Kane and Vince McMahon. And with 'the Big Red Machine' and 'the American Badass's confrontation on RAW this past Monday night, you had to wonder if the Brothers of Destruction were working together, be it with or without the McMahon-Helmsley regime's influence. Rock started off strong against Kane, but very quickly 'the Deadman' tagged himself in to continue. Kane and Undertaker were set to face off here and now, when Rock tagged himself back inside! Undertaker smiled knowing all too well that this was a game, but the Rock's smash-talking cost him, as 'the Big Red Machine' began to pummel Rock and choke him out on the canvas! Kane dropped him throat-first over the top rope and delivered a big boot and a sidewalk slam, when Vince McMahon wanted the tag: and hesitantly Kane tagged him in. Vince mocked Rock and mounted him with some strikes, but very easily 'the Great One' fired back with rights for the boss! A spinebuster prepared him for the People's Elbow on Vince - but when the WWF Champion hit the ropes, the Undertaker got a blind tag - Undertaker giving Rock a thunderous Chokeslam! Vince panicked in the center, while Kane simply watched on: and Undertaker looked at Kane, before delivering a huge Tombstone Piledriver to the Chairman for the three!
Kane didn't move, as the Undertaker rose to his feet. Where 'the American Badass' stood was still undetermined, as the Undertaker was set for King of the Ring on Sunday. 'The Big Red Machine' climbed into the ring to confront his brother, who simply stared him down. The Brothers of Destruction had apparently formed a union of sorts ahead of the Triple Threat match on Sunday, when all of a sudden Kane and Undertaker fought it out! The two went at it, with Kane attempting a Chokeslam, just to be choked by Undertaker to the point he was tossed over the top rope to the floor! 'The American Badass' stood tall, when he turned around to receive a huge Rock Bottom from the Rock! 'The Great One' stood tall, as Kane watched on from the floor: the Rock ready for anything against the Brothers of Destruction with his title on the line, this Sunday at King of the Ring!
King of the Ring 2000 - June 25, 2000 FleetCenter in Boston, Massachusetts Live on Pay-Per-View
TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WWF CHAMPIONSHIP THE ROCK (c)vs KANE vs THE UNDERTAKER
TRIPLE H vs CHRIS JERICHO
THE 2000 KING OF THE RING FINALS TBA vs TBA
THE 2000 KING OF THE RING SEMI-FINALS CHRIS BENOIT vs EDDIE GUERRERO
THE 2000 KING OF THE RING SEMI-FINALS KURT ANGLE vs JEFF HARDY
TAG TEAM TABLES MATCH THE DUDLEY BOYZ vs D-GENERATION X
SHANE MCMAHON vs RIKISHI
WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP EDGE AND CHRISTIAN (c) vs TOO COOL
KING OF THE RING QUARTER-FINAL ROUND 1. Kurt Angle def. Rikishi(RAW is WAR, June 19) 2. Jeff Hardy def. Test (RAW is WAR, June 19) 3. Eddie Guerrero def. Lance Storm(RAW is WAR, June 19) 4. Chris Benoit def. Tazz (RAW is WAR, June 19)
KING OF THE RING SECOND ROUND: 1. Rikishi def. Shane McMahon (SmackDown!, June 8) 2. Tazz def. D-Lo Brown(SmackDown!, June 8) 3. Testdef. Hardcore Holly(HeAT, June 11) 4. Lance Storm def. Crash Holly(HeAT, June 11) 5. Kurt Angle def. Matt Hardy(RAW is WAR, June 12) 6. Jeff Hardy def. Road Dogg(RAW is WAR, June 12) 7. Eddie Guerrero def. Al Snow (SmackDown!, June 15) 8. Chris Benoit vs D-Lo Brown (sub. for Bradshaw) (SmackDown!, June 15)
KING OF THE RING FIRST ROUND: 1. Chris Benoit def. The Godfather (RAW is WAR, May 22) 2. Rikishi def. Dean Malenko (RAW is WAR, May 22) 3. Jeff Hardy def. X-Pac (SmackDown!, May 25) 4. Shane McMahon def. Chris Jericho (SmackDown!, May 25) 5. D-Lo Brown def. Scotty 2 Hotty (HeAT, May 28) 6. Hardcore Holly def. Albert (HeAT, May 28) 7. Road Dogg def. Val Venis (RAW is WAR, May 29) 8. Test def. Faarooq (RAW is WAR, May 29) 9. Lance Storm def. Grandmaster Sexay (SmackDown!, June 1) 10. Kurt Angle def. Chyna (SmackDown!, June 1) 11. Crash Holly def. Joey Abs (HeAT, June 4) 12. Tazz def. Bull Buchanan (HeAT, June 4) 13. Bradshaw def. Christian (RAW is WAR, June 12) 14. Eddie Guerrero def. Perry Saturn (RAW is WAR, June 12) 15. Matt Hardy def. Steve Blackman (RAW is WAR, June 12) 16. Al Snow def. Edge (RAW is WAR, June 12)
KING OF THE RING ZERO ROUND: 1. Joey Abs def. Rodney & Pete Gas (HeAT, May 28)
Jakked - June 24, 2000 Gaylord Entertainment Center in Nashville, Tennessee Broadcast on syndication Taped on June 19, 2000
Jonathan Coachman and Kevin Kellyare our announcers calling the action tonight on WWF Jakked.
1) D-Lo Brown def. Stevie Richards (4:36) While the search for Stevie Richards continues in finding a mentor figure, the quirky underdog looked to take a big victory tonight against 'the Bizniz'. D-Lo Brown, coming off of his victory against Hardcore Holly on SmackDown!, was in no mood for the antics of Richards. And despite Brown's overconfidence - as always it seems - Brown continued to dominate Stevie early. Richards almost scored the win with a hot flurry of dropkicks and a victory roll, but Brown was able to subdue him with a Sky High followed up with the Lo Down for the three.
2) Hardcore Holly def. Essa Rios (4:22) Essa Rios came out to the ring alone for this match, a sure-fire sign that his partnership with 'the She-Devil' Terri did not extend beyond the mixed tag team bout against Jerry Lawler and the Kat, as seen this past Thursday night. Hardcore Holly was in no mood for the high-flying lucha-libre style that Essa had to offer, and despite Rios forcing Holly out of his comfort zone with a springboard dropkick and a plancha over the ring post to the floor, Hardcore managed to catch him mid-air with a magnificent dropkick as Essa came from the top rope. Holly hammered away at Essa some more, but Rios came back with a hurricanrana; the former WWF Light Heavyweight Champion going up top for a moonsault - but Holly got his knees up in the nick of time! Holly finished Essa shortly thereafter with the Falcon Arrow for the pin.
As Tracey Smothers awaited the arrival of his opponent tonight on WWF Jakked, Trish Stratus led her man Val Venis out to the ring. 'The Valbowski' climbed into the ring wearing his towel - and despite some protest from the Canadian business associate of Venis - Val took to the microphone to address the people in Nashville. Val began by introducing himself...to none of the ladies in the building tonight! Val talked up how he realized that he was above the many women he had been caught on film with a long time ago: but looking at the girls in Tennessee tonight - now he's asking himself: what was he thinking!? Venis whipped his towel off for the match.
3) Val Venis (w/Trish Stratus) def. Tracey Smothers (3:45) 'The Valbowski' certainly did not do himself any favors in insulting the ladies in Nashville, Tennessee tonight. But the local competitor Tracey Smothers got the people behind him, with a confederate flag emblazoned on his tights. Despite this, the former WWF Intercontinental Champion took Tracey to work early, wrestling him down to the mat with a headlock. But the fans were behind Smothers as he fired back: a spinebuster actually almost giving him the upset! Trish panicked on 'the Valbowski's behalf, who swiftly took the match back with a spinout powerbomb, before coming off the top with a Money Shot to pick up the victory.
4) Too Cool def. The Mean Street Posse (w/Rodney) (5:33) With their shot at the WWF Tag Team Championship looming tomorrow night on pay-per-view at King of the Ring, the Mean Street Posse hoped to take advantage of any potential distractions on the part of Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay. Joey Abs and Pete Gas looked good early on, a double suplex taking Scotty down and allowing the Posse to take control. Despite the rough-house beatings handed out by the Greenwich boys, Scotty would fight back just to wind up getting bested by the three-on-two advantage of the Posse. But finally Scotty got the tag, and Sexay came in like a house on fire against both members of the Posse. Rodney tried to get involved causing Scotty to hammer him off the apron; while inside Scotty clotheslined Gas out to the floor allowing Grandmaster to connect with a Hip Hop Drop for the three on Abs!
Too Cool looked to celebrate their win with a dance celebration after the match, but once again the ever-persistent Mean Street Posse jumped Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay from behind! Rodney was furious at their loss, but Sexay fired back when Scotty connected with a bulldog to Rodney! Scotty executed the Worm to the delight of the fans, with their big title shot against Edge and Christian coming up tomorrow at King of the Ring.
HeAT - June 25, 2000 FleetCenter in Boston, Massachusetts Live on the USA Network Taped on June 20, 2000 (Matches)
The Hardy Boyz and Lita were in the backstage hallway talking up the gigantic opportunity that Jeff Hardy had tonight. Matt was extremely enthused for his younger brother, saying that Jeff may have two matches to win in order to become the winner of the 2000 King of the Ring tourrnament, it would be so huge for him, and Matt included. Lita patted Jeff on the arm playfully, talking about how she knew Jeff would kill it for sure tonight. Jeff thanked them, when all of a sudden Lance Storm showed up to sarcastically comment on the so-called American Dream. Lance mocked the Hardys for believing in themselves so much: calling it smug, Western ignorance. If anybody should be in the Semi-Finals tonight it should be him! Jeff tried to stand up to the Canadian, but Matt told him that if he wanted to fight about it - how about they go at it tonight? Storm told him he was on and called them "hillbillies", firing Matt up with HeAT just getting started!
The opening video package aired, bringing us to the pyrotechnics display in Memphis, Tennessee. Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly warmly welcomed us to Sunday Night HeAT, with just one hour remaining until the King of the Ring airs live on pay-per-view from the FleetCenter in Boston, Massachusetts! They talked about the main event to come, with Matt Hardy having challenged Lance Storm to a match. Plus, we would hear from the Undertaker ahead of the Triple Threat match for the WWF Championship later tonight!
1) Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. (w/Hos) def. The Mean Street Posse (w/Pete Gas) (3:22) The Godfather and Gangrel's newly formed alliance was formed when 'the Vampire Warrior' came to Godfather's aid last weekend on WWF Jakked, and following a big upset knocking off the WWF Tag Team Champions Edge and Christian, this new tag team looked to be off to a big start. The Mean Street Posse meanwhile were mad about not being invited to Fangin' and Bangin's party this past week on SmackDown!, and looked to use their three-on-two advantage to best 'the Pimp Daddy' early. Gangrel soon got the tag and spat red mist in the face of an interfering Pete Gas, when Abs and Rodney came from behind with the ambush. The Posse double-teamed Gangrel with a double suplex, when Godfather slipped in with a Pimp Drop to Pete Gas, allowing Gangrel to take the pin!
The Godfather and Gangrel had their hands raised as the winners tonight on HeAT, leaving the Mean Street Posse embarrassed in their losing effort. But 'the Pimp Daddy' wasn't quite done yet, as he and the goblet-sporting 'Vampire Warrior' invited the Godfather's Hos into the ring for a victory celebration. Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. were officially open for business after a big first week!
In the locker room Tazz was doing some squats ahead of singles action later tonight. 'The Human Suplex Machine' however was interrupted by none other than Stevie Richards. The plucky underdog told Tazz that he knew they had a match later tonight, but he wanted to talk to Tazz about something. Stevie commented on how he was looking for a mentor, a guy that could give him guidance; training tips; father-figure like advice. But before Stevie could even sell Tazz on the idea, 'the Human Suplex Machine' told Richards he knew what this was about: he didn't want to get his ass choked out tonight! And he had great news for Stevie - if he thought he was gonna go easy on him before, that he could expect Tazz to choke him out harder than he thought was humanely possible! Tazz told Stevie he'd see him in the ring, leaving - Richards was concerned, as the match was coming up next!
We returned on HeAT to go live from Times Square in downtown New York City, New York: the home of WWF New York! Fans were lining up and chanting with high anticipation ahead of King of the Ring live on pay-per-view, under an hour away. But on the red carpet walked WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Dean Malenko! The fans heckled him, but despite their boos, 'the Ladies Man' stopped to talk to two fine women in the front row. Dean asked if the ladies would mind spending a night in WWF New York with 'the Ladies Man', who gladly took Dean's hands and climbed over the guardrail to walk arm-in-arm with the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion.
2) Tazz def. Stevie Richards (0:26) Stevie Richards has not had the luckiest career thus far in his time spent in the World Wrestling Federation. The quirky underdog has recently been searching far and wide for a figure of guidance. A mentor that can take Stevie under his wing and hopefully propel him to greater heights. Unfortunately, as evidenced by his exchange with 'the Human Suplex Machine' in the locker room moments ago, Tazz was not that person. Stevie cowered in fear from the corner, when Tazz closed in with not one but two T-bone suplexes! Richards tried to play dead, which caused Tazz to deadlift him up to his feet - locking in the Tazzmission on Richards who tapped in record timing!
Tazz refused to let go of the Tazzmission after the match: having told Stevie Richards that he would go even harder on him than before for interrupting his training regimen! 'The Human Suplex Machine' finally relented, with Stevie not even moving from the deadly submission hold. Tazz had his hand raised, but he left with a lot on his mind after losing out on the King of the Ring Semi-Finals against Chris Benoit this past Thursday on SmackDown!
Eddie Guerrero was snacking away in the locker room area, the WWF European Champion immediately being caught red-handed by 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' Chyna, who scolded her boyfriend for slacking off. 'Latino Heat' tried to explain that he needed to eat to get ready for the King of the Ring tournament tonight! 'Mamacita' tried to tell Eddie that this was important: he needed to endure not one match, but two tonight. But before Eddie could continue to try and justify a pre-match snackdown, in walked Chris Benoit laughing. The WWF Intercontinental Champion explained to Chyna that she should expect nothing less from Guerrero. He's not as dedicated to his craft, and never will be: which is why he looked forward to beating him with ease in their Semi-Final match tonight. Chyna stared Benoit down when Eddie got up to tell Chris that he hadn't forgotten about Thursday night, and he hadn't forgotten about Chris selling out the Radicalz to go hang with the McMahon-Helmsley Faction! Benoit smirked as he told Eddie he'd see him in the ring, causing Eddie to holler after him!
Al Snow was in the backstage area rubbing his hands together, and sporting an evil grin as HeAT returned. Jonathan Coachman approached Al to ask why he had asked to conduct this interview tonight, to which Snow commented that although he knows that fans will have their eyes peeled for who comes out of the Triple Threat match as World Wrestling Federation Champion. And they may be focused on who walks out of King of the Ring as the winner of the prestigious King of the Ring tournament. But Al Snow was fully prepared to shock the world tonight. Coach tried to get more information from Snow, who simply giggled eerily: Snow telling Coachman that all would be revealed later tonight! Al slithered away, causing Coachman to appear confused.
Earlier today Kaientai were shown walking around, talking to one another in Japanese. Taka Michinoku suddenly discovered the office of B&B Security! Taka wanted to go and hang out in the former office of the Acolyte Protection Agency, but Funaki attempted to stop him. Defiantly, Taka opened the door and took a seat around the card table as Funaki tried to warn Taka about how B&B Security owned this space now! Michinoku shrugged it off and cracked a beer, when B&B Security showed up. Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan slammed their nightstick at the table and demanded to know what Kaientai were doing there. Bull surmised that they wanted their asses beating again after Monday night, and Bossman told Kaientai to get ready because they'd spend the night in solitary confinement!
3) B&B Security def. Kaientai (5:22) The Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan were as power-hungry as ever, with B&B Security not having done the kind of business that they hoped would top the Acolyte Protection Agency's. This led to them dishing out an unwarranted beating on Kaientai among others on RAW last week, and it appeared that with the so-called invasion of B&B Security's office earlier today, that Kaientai would have their shot at getting even with the two men. Bossman and Buchanan brutalized Funaki early on, but Taka would make a much-needed tag which gave the Japanese Superstars a chance to score a big upset tonight. Michinoku caught both members of B&B Security with an Asai moonsault to the floor, and when Taka attempted a Michinoku Driver on the much larger Buchanan, Buchanan would take full control. Funaki tried getting involved just to get blasted by Bossman, which enabled Buchanan to connect with a scissors kick to pin Taka for the three.
B&B Security stood tall after the match, defeating Kaientai in this unexpectedly hotly contested match tonight on HeAT. The Big Bossman however wasn't done, as he picked up the nightstick from the corner and began to choke Taka Michinoku with the nightstick in the corner! Meanwhile Bull Buchanan took out a pair of handcuffs, cuffing a defenseless Funaki to the bottom rope and hammering him hard with rights and lefts! B&B Security tossed the key out into the crowd, leaving Kaientai battered and bruised. Where were the Acolytes?
Returning to WWF New York in Times Square, cameras caught up to the red carpet where Mick Foley stepped out of a limousine! Foley was showered in chants of his name by the tourists in New York City, to which Foley greeted everybody warmly. Mick Foley had made his return to WWF New York, in his first appearance for the World Wrestling Federation since WrestleMania! It appeared that 'the Hardcore Legend' was here to enjoy King of the Ring.
In the backstage area Kurt Angle was getting warmed up ahead of the King of the Ring Semi-Finals tonight against Jeff Hardy, the Olympic Gold Medalist in the zone it seemed. In walked Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, who the Olympian was perplexed to see. Kurt greeted 'the Billion Dollar Princess' with an unexpected hug, as he asked Stephanie how her back was doing after the Walls of Jericho from Chris Jericho on RAW. The WWF Women's Champion smiled from ear to ear as she told Kurt it felt much better, and that she was looking forward to seeing Y2J get his ass beaten by Triple H tonight. But she was here to thank him for the gift he'd delivered to her on SmackDown! this past Thursday, and that she wanted to wish Kurt all the luck in the world tonight when he becomes King of the Ring. Stephanie left, leaving Angle with a huge smile on his face.
Back in Memphis, Lance Storm made his way down to the ring to a chorus of boos from the patriotic American fans in attendance. The Canadian arrived in the ring waving the Canadian flag in hand, as he took to the microphone and was about to declare without a doubt why he thought Memphis paled in comparison to all of Canada, when Matt Hardy and Lita interrupted him! Lance was livid about the interruption, as Matt charged the ring and took took to strikes to jump-start this match.
4) Lance Storm def. Matt Hardy (w/Lita) (6:08) With his brother Jeff preparing for the King of the Ring Semi-Finals in just a few moments, set for the King of the Ring live on pay-per-view against Kurt Angle; Matt was set for singles action tonight on HeAT. Lance Storm - who has not exactly endeared himself to any other WWF Superstar in his brief tenure this far - antagonized Matt when he insulted Jeff Hardy earlier tonight. Matt started off by rocking Storm early, sending him out to the floor with a series of armdrags and a stiff right hand; but Lance while at ringside getting a breather, swiftly dragged Matt out and sent him into the steel steps. From there the prideful and arrogant Canadian went on the attack, attempting to hyper-extend the knee of the Hardy Boy. Matt tried to come back with a powerbomb reversed into a sunset flip, but Lance was able to cut him off with a dropkick to the knee! Lance soon looked at going for the Maple Leaf Crab, with Matt managing to somehow resist it, kicking Lance off. Hardy tried for the Twist of Fate but would up getting a Superkick from Storm that sent him out to the floor! With the referee checking on Matt, Lita climbed up to the top and came off with a flying hurricanrana, with Matt climbing back inside and connecting with a diving leg drop off the top! Matt covered for two, but when he attempted the Twist of Fate again, Storm grabbed the leg and caught him with the Maple Leaf Crab - forcing Matt to tap out!
Lance Storm had his hand raised in victory tonight against Matt Hardy, with Matt having a lot of fight in him despite being put away with the Maple Leaf Crab. But as Storm climbed out of the ring and gloated in Matt's pained face from ringside, Lita took to the top rope and came down hard with a crossbody! Lita stood tall, as she joined Matt in the ring and celebrated despite the loss!
In the backstage area the Undertaker was spotted grasping a steel chain around his fist, when he was approached by Kevin Kelly. Kevin wanted to get some comments from 'the American Badass' before the Triple Threat match tonight, and the Undertaker told Kevin Kelly that his only thoughts were redemption. He came back to the World Wrestling Federation, not just to stick it where the sun don't shine up Vince McMahon's butt, but to get back what was his. And that was the World Wrestling Federation Championship. And if the Rock was daring to die on the hill that protects the WWF Championship? So be it. If his brother Kane wants to step in his way? So be it. What the company needed to do to prepare them for the Undertaker to be WWF Champion once again? Prepare two bodybags, because he wasn't messing around! Undertaker walked away, toying with the steel chain around his fist - with King of the Ring emanating from the FleetCenter in Boston, Massachusetts: moments away!
King of the Ring 2000 - June 25, 2000 FleetCenter in Boston, Massachusetts Live on Pay-Per-View
The opening video package aired, revolving around the legacy of past King of the Ring tournament winners. Those such as Bret Hart, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H and Ken Shamrock have all been champions in the World Wrestling Federation since, and tonight it will be either Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Chris Benoit or Eddie Guerrero who will walk out the 2000 King of the Ring. Meanwhile, the master plan of Vince McMahon will either be executed or be considered a failure tonight. With the Undertaker and Kane seemingly on the same page in opposition to the WWF Champion The Rock ahead of tonight's Triple Threat main event, could we see the Chairman's plan go according to plan when either member of the Brothers of Destruction walk out with the World Wrestling Federation Championship?
The opening graphic took us to the live, sold-out FleetCenter in Boston, Massachusetts. Seventeen thousand fans were on hand for the fireworks display to kick off the 2000 edition of King of the Ring! Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler welcomed us to the show, promising an epic eight matches; with the King of the Ring tournament kicking things off as we will find out our finalists within our first two matches!
1) King of the Ring Semi-Final match Chris Benoit vs Eddie Guerrero (w/Chyna)
With so much history between these two King of the Ring Semi-Finalists, for Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero there was much more at stake than who would advance to the King of the Ring Finals later tonight. In order to get here, Eddie Guerrero was able to defeat Perry Saturn, Al Snow and Lance Storm, whereas Chris Benoit had to defeat the Godfather, D-Lo Brown (the substitute for the injured Bradshaw) and Tazz. And this past Thursday night on SmackDown! 'the Rabid Wolverine' gave his former ally from the Radicalz a wake-up call when he attacked him from behind after his successful WWF European Championship defense against another Radicalz teammate, Dean Malenko. And indeed, there was also the question of which championship held more value, as these world-traveled elite competitors got ready to square off.
'Latino Heat' appeared to be taking things lightly as he walked to the ring with his girlfriend Chyna beside him. Eddie Guerrero even handed 'Mamacita' the loaded bouquet of roses, which could be a factor in tonight's match. But 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' had to be more concerned for her boyfriend's sake, knowing full well that by winning this tournament, Eddie's career could be well and truly made in the World Wrestling Federation. As Chris Benoit walked to the ring, both men went nose to nose, and very quickly it appeared that Guerrero was taking this more seriously than anybody expected. Eddie cleared the ring of Benoit, but Eddie went above and beyond with a plancha over the top rope, crashing onto Benoit on the floor! These two veterans continued to go at it, with Guerrero in control in applying a bow-and-arrow on 'the Canadian Crippler' until Benoit managed to grab the bottom rope. 'Latino Heat's eagerness may have cost him however, as Chris cheap shotted Guerrero with his back turned, and a backbreaker gave him the advantage. Benoit was dexterous, with some clubbing shots to the back of Eddie; and soon enough Chris had Eddie in a bow-and-arrow of his own! The aggressive WWF Intercontinental Champion sent Guerrero hard into the buckle before applying a Sharpshooter, which caused Guerrero to scream in pain while Chyna gasped for the wellfare of her boyfriend. She tried to get the crowd behind Eddie, as Benoit laughed up the boos he was receiving from this Boston crowd - Benoit with a German suplex for a near fall.
But as Chris Benoit grew more confident with the dominance that he was displaying, Eddie Guerrero finally made a comeback; connecting with a monkey flip as Benoit tried to lift him up to the top rope! Guerrero connected with an enzuigiri, before a somersault tope from the apron landed a near fall for Eddie. Benoit sneakily gained control with a drop toe hold, and Chris reached for the Crippler Crossface, had it not been for Eddie's ability to roll out of it! Benoit's Crossface had never been broken before, and Eddie responded with a dropkick followed up by a brainbuster for a close near fall! 'Latino Heat' was on his way to victory as he went up to the top rope for a Frog Splash, when Benoit climbed up top as well: and conclusively, 'the Rabid Wolverine' managed to execute a dangerous superplex! With both men down, the fans applauded these two fighters who were giving their all tonight. But soon Benoit began moving, and he went up to the top rope for the Diving Headbutt, just to get nothing as Eddie was able to roll out of the way! With Benoit in danger, Guerrero's attempt at a magistral pin got a near fall, and Benoit was miraculously able to apply the Crippler Crossface! Eddie screamed in agony as he tried with all of his might to reach for the ropes, but Guerrero rolled backwards into a version of the crucifix pin: his hand tightly grasping the bottom rope for leverage, which allowed Guerrero to obtain the three count!
Winner, and advancing to the Finals: Eddie Guerrero (13:41)
Eddie Guerrero's hand was raised in victory by the unsuspecting referee: noticeably unaware of the fact that 'Latino Heat' had cheated to obtain the three count! The WWF European Champion had triumphed over his former best friend Chris Benoit, who could not believe that he had been bested by 'Latino Heat'. Guerrero invited his girlfriend Chyna into the ring to hug it out, but the incensed WWF Intercontinental Champion jumped Eddie from behind, knocking 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' from the ring! Benoit put the boots to Guerrero amid loud boos from the capacity crowd in Boston, as Benoit relentlessly cranked on the Crippler Crossface! Benoit refused to release the hold but finally did: payback for his elimination from the King of the Ring tourrnament. But as 'the Rabid Wolverine' left with a smirk on his face, Chyna attended to a visibly hurting Eddie Guerrero - who now had to go on to the Finals later tonight to challenge Kurt Angle or Jeff Hardy!
In the McMahon-Helmsley Faction's dressing room we saw Triple H, X-Pac and Road Dogg seated on one couch while Shane McMahon spoke with Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley on another. While the regime talked it out, in walked Vince McMahon with Kane by his side. The Chairman addressed the room by talking about how tonight was the night the faction would conquer over all. Vince talked up how it was all going to come to ahead, and he expected nothing less when he said that he wanted total domination tonight at King of the Ring. X-Pac and Road Dogg got off the couch and told Vince that he would get nothing but domination tonight, because once they were finished putting away the Dudley Boyz in the Tables match once and for all, they would be gunning for the WWF Tag Team Championship.
Shane however took exception to this, reminding D-Generation X who the champs were: and they deservedly were Edge and Christian! Road Dogg told Shane that they'd see after tonight who the champs would be, but Shane O'Mac then asked the room why nobody was talking about his match tonight against Rikishi? Shane said that he was going to end that fatass's career in Boston tonight, which got a lot of awkward looks from the rest of the regime. Shane stomped out telling them all that he'd prove it, leaving Triple H to stand up and confront 'the Big Red Machine' Kane. He ordered Kane to get the job done tonight and win the WWF Championship: because tomorrow night on RAW is WAR, it would be him kicking Kane's ass and taking it back to where it belonged - around his waist! Kane towered over 'the Game' in return, sarcastically wishing him luck with Chris Jericho on his ass. Vince demanded everybody calm down, getting between Triple H and Kane: with such high stakes for the faction tonight!
In the building Kurt Angle made his way out to the ring for the second King of the Ring Semi-Final match. The fans in Boston did not approve of the Olympic Gold Medalist's presence, as he climbed into the ring to be showered in chants of "you suck" from this capacity crowd. Kurt told the people that this is what he didn't understand: Boston was a sports city, through and through. They supported teams such as the Boston Red Sox, the Boston Bruins and the Boston Celtics, but they didn't support their own Olympic Gold Medalist? Kurt told the people that they were crazy, but nonetheless tonight he would give them something to cheer about when he wins the King of the Ring tournament. And after he gets done beating on a punk, bleach-haired reject like Jeff Hardy, he was going to take what's left of Eddie Guerrero and be crowned the 2000 King of the Ring: it's true, it's true!
2) King of the Ring Semi-Final match Kurt Angle vs Jeff Hardy
It has been a wonderful experience for young Jeff Hardy, this past month managing to reach the Final Four of the 2000 King of the Ring tournament. After a tough couple of months alongside his brother Matt in the Hardy Boyz, trying to capture the WWF Tag Team Championship, Jeff had managed to overcome X-Pac, Road Dogg and Test to make it here tonight in the FleetCenter. Despite this however, he was up against a real athlete in Kurt Angle. The 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist was already riding a huge wave of momentum that begun with his World Wrestling Federation debut at last year's Survivor Series in November: already having been a WWF Intercontinental and WWF European Champion simultaneously. But Angle wanted more, and after having beaten Chyna, Matt Hardy and Rikishi to make it to the Semi-Finals, you could tell that there was another accolade in which 'the Olympic Hero' wanted to accomplish.
Jeff Hardy was hot in rushing the ring, but as the bell sounded and he and Kurt Angle started squaring off, it was obvious that Hardy's in-ring mat skills had absolutely little on what the Olympic Gold Medalist brought to the table. Kurt ignored the calls being chanted his way, with some motivation surely coming from the meeting he had with Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley earlier tonight. Angle easily outwrestled Jeff on the mat, but instead of capitalizing and dominating Jeff, the Olympian simply backed out to showboat. This threw Jeff off, storming Angle with a series of right hands, as well as a spinout enzuigiri rocking Angle! Hardy soared with a flying forearm off of the ropes, before dropping a legdrop right into the groin of Angle! Kurt was irate about the disrespect on show and motioned to the referee about calling for the bell, but Hardy wouldn't even give him chance with a flying headscissors off the ropes! Angle went running for the floor once again, but that's where it went wrong for the Hardy Boy; a somersault plancha over the top rope catching nothing but the hard floor! Matt Hardy and Lita were seen watching on from locker room area in concern, as Kurt took to clobbering Jeff with some firm right hands; a belly-to-belly suplex scoring the Olympian a near fall. Angle was confident going forward, and Boston did not take kindly to Angle's ego.
Despite this, Jeff would kick out from a German suplex, which caused Kurt to wonder what it would take to put Hardy away. Angle soon prepared for an Olympic Slam, but upon the attempt, Hardy fired back with an astounding DDT planting Kurt on his head! Hardy got back into the fight, connecting with a desperation corkscrew moonsault from the top rope; Jeff rolling with Angle pleading for forgiveness! Jeff looked to strike Kurt who responded with a tackle, but Hardy came back - the Twist of Fate connecting! Jeff made the cover, but Angle managed to get a foot on the ropes allowing the rope break. Jeff was certain he had the match right there, when Kurt took advantage with Jeff's back turned - the Olympic Slam planting Jeff for the three!
Winner, and advancing to the Finals: Kurt Angle (10:18)
Kurt Angle celebrated his win as though he had won the King of the Ring tournament: but he still had one more match to go later tonight. 'The Olympic Hero' celebrated by hugging the referee before delivering a victory lap around the ring, at the expense of a devastated Jeff Hardy. Hardy had given it his all, but ultimately the match went in the Olympic Gold Medalist's favor, and as our 2000 King of the Ring Finals, we were to see Kurt Angle go up against Eddie Guerrero - depending on how healthy 'Latino Heat' was after Chris Benoit's attack!
We cut to a clip taken from earlier today, where Chris Jericho was seen arriving at the FleetCenter in Boston, Massachusetts. Y2J removed his sunglasses and was carrying his bag when Michael Cole approached Jericho looking for a few words ahead of his big showdown tonight against Triple H. Jericho told "Mitchell" that he was at the top of his game, and told him that he knew full well that 'the Game' and his "mahoosive" nose were going to do whatever it took to take him out. But this wasn't his first rodeo: and as for the bimbo in the corner, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley? Y2J hoped that 'the Billion Dollar Princess' remembered what she'd see tonight, because her new daddy was coming home: 'the Sexy Beast' baby!
Elsewhere Perry Saturn was seen walking around the backstage area brandishing the WWF Hardcore Championship on his shoulder. Saturn was smug and stuck his chest out after regaining the title from Steve Blackman three nights ago on SmackDown! but Saturn was all of a sudden ambushed by Al Snow on a golf cart! Snow used a golf club to strike the back of Saturn in a drive-by clubbing, before Al covered Saturn for a very close near fall! Snow had made some cryptic comments on HeAT regarding tonight, and now it was clear that he was after Perry's title! Snow tried to continue brawling with Saturn, who responded by kicking Snow low, then sending him into a locker room: the Divas locker room! Saturn took a breather and left with his title, causing Snow to get chased from the Divas locker room with a pair of panties on his face - snatched back away by a toweled Ivory!
In the building Edge and Christian were spotted making their arrival to the ring, the WWF Tag Team Champions set for a big title defense against the same men that won the titles just to have the decision null and voided thirteen days ago on RAW, Too Cool. As footage showed Shane McMahon striking Too Cool's title victory from the record books, Christian gave a polite greeting to all of their fans in Boston tonight. He spoke fondly of the people of Boston, talking of how it was renowned for having some of the most passionate sports fans he had ever met. Edge then had to remind Christian that he was thinking of New York, not Boston! Christian complied, telling Boston that it was his mistake: Boston really sucked! The fans booed, but before the primadonna champions could continue, Too Cool danced their way out to the ring, looking to win the big ones tonight!
3) WWF Tag Team Championship Edge and Christian (c) vs Too Cool
Edge and Christian have reigned as the WWF Tag Team Champions dating back to WrestleMania, and with that has grown their confidence to ever-growing heights. With victories against the likes of the Hardy Boyz and the Acolytes, the primadonna Toronto blondes have definitely established that they have friends in high places where it comes to their alliance with not just Kurt Angle, but Shane McMahon as well. Shane O'Mac even saved Edge and Christian from losing the titles under two weeks ago on RAW is WAR, when he reversed a decision and restarted the match "due to interference from Rikishi". But tonight, with Shane O'Mac set for action against Too Cool's buddy Rikishi, Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay were firmly in the chase for the gold that has deprived them of glory for the past three years of being a tag team.
Edge and Christian did not take kindly to the interruption of Too Cool, and as the match started off with Grandmaster Sexay and Christian, the two locked up before Christian immediately retreated to his corner to tag in Edge. Sexay was puzzled, and Edge then proceeded to do the same thing. The frequent tags by the Canadians appeared to be mind games, as when Christian looked to re-enter, Grandmaster Sexay dropkicked Edge into Christian, sending him out to the floor! Sexay hammered away at Christian in the corner, showboating with a moonwalk followed up by a hiptoss for a near fall. An armdrag followed, before tagging in Scotty 2 Hotty. Scotty and Sexay got the better of Christian with a double axe handle off the second rope, and Scotty used some of his high-skilled dance maneuvers to drop down and rock Christian with a big right hand for a near fall. Scotty continued to work his magic, but Christian soon grabbed him by the spiked hair and pulled him down hard to the mat. Christian stomped at the hair of Scotty and tagged in Edge, with the WWF Tag Team Champions now putting a beating on Scotty 2 Hotty. Sexay wanted the tag badly, while a double suplex and a Demolition Decapitation connected: these champions, students of the game where it came to tag team wrestling, as Edge covered for a near fall. But despite the frequent tags of E&C, Scotty soon caught Christian out with a toe kick blocked by Christian: and an enzuigiri connected! Scotty reached for the tag, but Edge went around ringside to drag Sexay chin-first across the apron!
Scotty 2 Hotty continued to be in danger as Christian restrained him with an armbar on the canvas - the Boston crowd rapidly behind Too Cool in this WWF Tag Team Championship bout - and Scotty rose to his feet, able to kick his way free, just to once again be dragged back down to the mat by Christian with a handful of hair! With Edge and Christian in control, Edge assisted Christian in a superplex attempt, holding his younger brother on his shoulders - but Scotty punched Christian off, before landing a crossbody version of the Doomsday Device! The fans cheered for Scotty, who now had the chance - and finally got the tag to the fresher Grandmaster Sexay! Sexay ran in with strikes to both champions, before finding an ebb and flow and jabbing both Edge and Christian in succession: a dropkick taking both down! Grandmaster went over to the corner and grabbed his goggles, with the Hip Hop Drop in clear sight - but Edge came out of nowhere with a spear that dropped him in the corner! Edge brought Christian to their corner to tag in, and the older brother now relented on Sexay with a series of rights before showboating to the loud booing of this capacity crowd! It turned out to be a big mistake, as Sexay climbed up to the second and came off with a missile dropkick, before he made the tag to Scotty 2 Hotty! Scotty flew in with a diving crossbody to both men, before sending Christian out to the floor and dropping Edge with the bulldog - and Scotty was about to get ready for the Worm! Scotty bounced around the ring before executing the Worm successfully: when Scotty covered, just for Shane McMahon to run down to ringside to distract the official! Shane O'Mac was out here to save his buddies' behinds again, when out came Rikishi immediately after him - Rikishi dragging Shane off the apron and hammering him with a right hand! Scotty was lost as Sexay hit the ring to connect with a superkick for Edge, when Christian came from behind with a shot from the Tag Team title belt to both members of Too Cool! Christian followed up with an Unprettier for Scotty 2 Hotty, before Edge rolled over to collect the ill-gifted three count!
Winners, and still WWF Tag Team Champions: Edge and Christian (12:22)
Edge was down and out after a hard-fought match with a controversial conclusion, when Rikishi immediately climbed into the ring with a swift superkick to the emerging Christian! Edge came to and walked right into a Rikishi Driver, as the 400-pound Samoan had just cleaned house of the WWF Tag Team Champions all by himself! 'Big Kish' got a huge reaction from the FleetCenter as he pointed to a disturbed Shane McMahon at ringside: telling him to get in the ring and fight! With Shane O'Mac set for singles action against Rikishi, the Samoan wanted it right here and right now; Rikishi even making the referee ring the bell!
4) Shane McMahon vs Rikishi
Of all of the WWF Superstars to have a successful year in the new millennium, one would not have expected in a million years to see Shane McMahon become so successful inside the squared circle. It was one month ago at Judgment Day where Shane McMahon was victorious against the Big Show in a handicap match alongside Kurt Angle, and since then Shane McMahon had accomplished so much. This included gigantic upset victories against the Undertaker and Chris Jericho; the latter allowing the boss's son to advance to the second round of the King of the Ring tourrnament. But that's where it all came crashing down for Shane when Rikishi was able to defeat him. Since then, Shane had targeted Rikishi, alongside Team ECK - and even screwed 'Big Kish's friends out of the WWF Tag Team Championship on RAW is WAR under two weeks ago. But tonight, despite the loud mouth of Shane O'Mac, the 400-pounder looked to shut it once and for all tonight at King of the Ring.
With Rikishi demanding Shane McMahon to climb into the ring and officially start this match, Shane O'Mac reluctantly walked around the ring with the threat of getting counted out being yelled his way. Shane slid in and out to escape the count-out, but soon enough Rikishi had had enough and followed him around ringside. Shane slid in and immediately pounced upon 'Big Kish's re-entry: Shane hammering Rikishi to little effect! The hard-headed Samoan shook his head and blocked another right from Shane, swiftly dropping him with a delayed Samoan drop! Shane was visibly hurt, and out of his comfort zone but managed to weasel out to the apron to escape the wrath of the Stinkface. Shane was dragged back inside, where he was pummeled further by the super heavyweight: Rikishi even climbing to the second rope for the ten punches when Shane low blowed the big man out of sight from the official! Shane mounted him once more and hammered him with rights and lefts, covering for only a one count! The power of Rikishi sent Shane flying, and McMahon tried to escape just to get grabbed by the gruff of his shirt and tossed into the corner for a big hip attack from Rikishi! Shane flopped down into the corner, and the Stinkface was delivered by the Samoan to a deafening response from the people in Boston! Shane recovered and even buried his head in his jersey to hide the shame and duck from the smell; but as this went on Edge and Christian re-emerged on the apron, just to find themselves knocked off the apron by Too Cool! As Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay brought the fight to the WWF Tag Team Champions, Shane picked up a pair of brass knuckles from the turnbuckle pad - but as Shane aimed for Rikishi's cranium, he received a superkick from the big man! Rikishi picked Shane's lifeless carcass up and planted him with the Rikishi Driver for a decisive three count.
Winner: Rikishi (5:36)
Rikishi stood tall over the fallen body of Shane McMahon, the boss's son unfortunately defeated despite all of the cheap tactics that he could muster up against 'Big Kish' tonight at King of the Ring! And as Shane McMahon was helped out of the ring into the waiting hands of still WWF Tag Team Champions, Edge and Christian, Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay climbed inside to join their brethren in busting a move! The lights dimmed, the music played, and Boston chanted alongside seeing Scotty, Rikishi and Grandmaster dancing! Too Cool may not have taken the gold tonight, but they sure got their retribution on Shane, Edge and Christian!
We went to the backstage area where Eddie Guerrero was being checked on by the trainer after the ambush earlier tonight, courtesy of Chris Benoit. The WWF European Champion comically groaned in pain as the trainer prodded his shoulder with his fingertips, with 'Latino Heat' asking if the trainer had to be so tough on him. Chyna advised her boyfriend to be patient and tell the doctor how he feels: it could be serious. But Eddie stubbornly told the two that he'd be fine, and that nothing was stopping him from being crowned King of the Ring tonight against Kurt Angle. Eddie promised, to which 'Mamacita' rolled her eyes.
Meanwhile in the heart of Times Square in New York City, New York, we went inside to see Mick Foley having the time of his life at WWF New York! The fans around him chanted Foley's name, as Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler began to interview 'the Hardcore Legend' as to how retirement was treating him. Mick told the announcers that between resting and recuperating from thirteen long years of getting his ass kicked and taking the most inhumane bumps known to man, and caring for his beautiful wife Colette and two young children: he hadn't been doing a whole damn lot! But that's what led him to WWF New York tonight, he was just passing by and thought "what the hell", he wanted to check out King of the Ring! J.R. and the King asked for a prediction in the King of the Ring Finals, and as Foley mused over which man was better, Mick admitted that when Eddie Guerrero can go, he can sure as hell go, injured or not!
We segued from the party at WWF New York to a video package reviewing the history between the Dudley Boyz and D-Generation X, and how they made it here tonight. After what has grown to become a personal rivalry between X-Pac and Road Dogg, and D-Von and Bubba Ray Dudley, will come to a head tonight at King of the Ring: in Tag Team Tables.
5) Tag Team Tables match The Dudley Boyz vs D-Generation X
It could be said that these two teams did not like each other. And it could also be said that these two teams despised one another. It all started when the Dudley Boyz put 'the Billion Dollar Princess' Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley through a table six weeks ago on RAW is WAR, and with the McMahon-Helmsley Faction's support, D-Generation X has run roughshod in any way possible on the Dudleys ever since. Last month at Judgment Day heated things up, as D-Von and Bubba Ray put X-Pac's girlfriend through a table never to be seen again, and both X-Pac and Road Dogg have been out to get revenge ever since. It was just a couple of weeks ago where X-Pac sent Bubba Ray careening off of the stage on SmackDown!, with Bubba going through two tables but yet, the Dudleys were as resilient as they come, and tonight the Dudley Boyz were out to get even with DX once and for all.
D-Generation X allowed the Dudley Boyz to bring the wood during their entrance, and D-Von and Bubba Ray Dudley did not disappoint whatsoever: bringing two tables out with them. And at ringside, much to the surprise of X-Pac and Road Dogg: they had their names graffiti'd on each of them! The match started as the Dudleys hit the ring, with all four men going at it in what was sure to be a war. Bubba used his size to hammer Road Dogg early on, and the Dudleys looked for a double flapjack on the rapper just for X-Pac to pull Road Dogg out as he hit the ropes. DX recuperated from the early goings of the match, but the Dudleys immediately looked to attack them at ringside, with Bubba attempting a Bubba Bomb through the table on X-Pac! Road Dogg broke it off, and the match was able to continue. In order to win, the victors in this match would have to put both members of a team through tables, which caused X-Pac and Road Dogg to divide and conquer as part of their strategy. Road Dogg hammered at Bubba Ray by the announce table before returning inside where X-Pac caught Bubba with a brutal series of kicks in the corner. X-Pac and Road Dogg had fun with Bubba, delivering a double DDT to the bigger Dudley, when Road Dogg shoved X-Pac and bellowed for him to get the tables! X-Pac complied, when D-Von suddenly struck X-Pac and placed him on the table with a series of rights! D-Von climbed up to the top rope, looking for a diving headbutt of sorts to the table on the floor - but Road Dogg shoved D-Von off the top, and D-Von Dudley crashed and burned, eliminating him in 4:36!
Things were looking bad for Bubba Ray, now working at a two-on-one advantage in this elimination-style Tag Team Tables warfare. And X-Pac was able to turn his attention to Bubba, as he tried to hammer Road Dogg with a series of rights inside the ring. A fist fight between the three took place, where D-Generation X were able to take control, cornering Bubba for the Bronco Buster from X-Pac! After stomping a mudhole in Bubba, Road Dogg and X-Pac both went to collect a table, setting it up in the ring: where Bubba drastically fired back with an atomic elbow to Road Dogg, and a powerslam catching X-Pac off the ropes! Bubba was visibly hurting with a small cut on his temple, and he caught X-Pac with a Bubba Bomb before getting jumped by Road Dogg! Road Dogg wanted the Pumphandle Slam doggystyle, but Bubba was too heavy and broke free of his grip - Bubba powering him up and delivering a powerbomb through the wood, eliminating him in 7:03!
We were down to one apiece in this Tables match, with Bubba Ray Dudley gasping for air, and X-Pac appearing fresh as a daisy. X-Pac lit Bubba up with some more kicks in the corner, stunning Bubba and following up with a Japanese armdrag, but Bubba immediately fired back with a clothesline! Both men were down, when Road Dogg came to and rejoined the match! The eliminated Road Dogg put the boots to Bubba Ray to loud boos, as he shunned the referee off - no disqualifications in this type of match! X-Pac and Road Dogg were plotting to put Bubba through the table with a double suplex, but just in the nick of time D-Von rolled back in and moved the table away at the last second! Road Dogg then went at it with D-Von, who was able to lower the ropes and send him out to the floor - leaving X-Pac caught in the middle of both Dudley Boyz! X-Pac grew concerned and attempted to bail, just to be grabbed by the tights by the two brothers - and as Bubba body slammed and held X-Pac's legs apart in the air, D-Von came down with Wazzup! D-Von complied with Bubba to get the tables, and upon re-entry to the ring, he found himself embroiled in another fight with Road Dogg! Inside Bubba set the table up when X-Pac attempted to connect with the X-Factor, just to be picked up - D-Von there to drive X-Pac through the table with the assisted powerbomb for the win!
Winners: The Dudley Boyz (11:56)
The Dudley Boyz were battered, they were bruised. But ultimately they had come out victorious tonight in Tag Team Tables! D-Von helped a busted Bubba Ray Dudley back up to his feet, as the two surveyed the carnage of Road Dogg laid out on the floor, while X-Pac was left down and hurting in the ruins of the table. A rivalry had reached its peak tonight at King of the Ring, with the Dudley Boyz sure to move on to bigger things.
In the backstage area Perry Saturn was at catering, the WWF Hardcore Champion pulling his tray across the rail to sarcastically greet the staff behind the counter. The caterer visibly did not even make eye contact with Perry, which antagonized the crazed champion - Saturn grabbed the chin of the man and demanding he look at him when he talks to him. Saturn reminded him that he was the WWF Hardcore Champion: and what that meant was that he is the toughest man in any room, 24/7! And that wasn't a job for him - it was reality. But suddenly Crash Holly sidetracked Perry with a shot from another tray! Holly covered Saturn when Al Snow showed up - shoving Crash off of him. Snow screamed that this was his moment, not Crash's! Crash immediately squared up to Al, which allowed Saturn to escape with the title in his grasp. Crash and Al concluded their argument, with both searching for Perry Saturn!
Elsewhere Shane McMahon was applying ice to his head, while Edge and Christian similarly favored their aches and pains. The WWF Tag Team Champions were in disbelief that Too Cool and Rikishi had bested them tonight, but Shane O'Mac simply muttered that at least they were able to walk out the champions. Christian asked Shane how his head was, to which Shane commented that he felt concussed. All the while Kurt Angle arrived to greet his Team ECK comrades. Angle was casual in saying that they looked like garbage! Come to think of it, they looked like the people out in that arena! But the Olympian instructed his friends not to fret, because in just a few moments he would go out there and make this company and this country proud when he beats Eddie Guerrero to be crowned the 2000 King of the Ring! Angle pompously strutted away, with Shane questioning E&C why Angle is so loud when he talks.
6) King of the Ring Finals Eddie Guerrero (w/Chyna) vs Kurt Angle
Kurt Angle had accomplished so much within the past five years. A former NCAA Champion on two occasions, the brash and confident patriot could back it up when it came to competing in any ring. The Olympic Gold Medalist in the 1996 Olympic Games for freestyle wrestling. But from there, the Olympian has soon diverted to conquering where he could in the World Wrestling Federation Champion. After making his debut last November, he has already obtained an undefeated streak, been a WWF Intercontinental Champion and a WWF European Champion. And tonight, he was one win away from adding the King of the Ring to his ever-growing list of accomplishments. Angle was successful in defeating Jeff Hardy in the Semi-Finals earlier tonight, and after watching Eddie Guerrero find himself assaulted by Chris Benoit after defeating 'the Rabid Wolverine' in the Semi-Final match, as far as Kurt was concerned, he had it in the bag.
Despite the ambush from his former friend earlier tonight, 'Latino Heat' still walked triumphantly down to the ring. The WWF European Champion visibly had a taped-up shoulder - the result of the Crippler Crossface on full display - although Eddie was not about expose this factor to a world-class technician like the Olympic Gold Medalist. As Eddie handed 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' his bouquet of roses before the bell, Guerrero smiled and winked in Kurt's way to draw him from his comfort zone - with Eddie ducking from Kurt as the match begun. Guerrero hit between the ropes, causing the referee to warn Angle about his aggression. This allowed Eddie to rush Kurt with a series of strikes, before Kurt whipped him off the ropes just for Guerrero to rebound with a nip-up dropkick! Eddie followed with an inside cradle and an Oklahoma roll, but Kurt was able to kick out at two: dropping Guerrero with a big clothesline! Eddie was hurting and it was clear that he wanted to get a quick victory in the Finals of what was once a thirty-two man tournament. Kurt wrestled Eddie to the mat from here, dropping several stomps onto the taped shoulder of 'Latino Heat'. Angle received boos as he hyper-extended the shoulder back and uniquely worked Guerrero's injury by pinning his shoulder to the mat repeatedly - but Eddie was able to come back. Guerrero grasped the hands of Angle, and fought fire with fire by springing up to the top rope for an assist dropkick that sent Angle half way across the ring! Chyna had the fans in Boston rallying behind her boyfriend, 'Mamacita' wanting nothing more than to see 'Latino Heat' with the King of the Ring victory tonight!
Despite this, Eddie was hurting and it was as clear as day. He clutched the shoulder as he applied the Mexican surfboard on Angle - a submission adopted in his days growing up in the famous Guerrero wrestling family. The son of Gory Guerrero wanted to make him proud tonight, but Kurt clutched to the bottom rope to force the break. Angle went out to the apron, and as Eddie followed him Kurt uncharacteristically draped his shoulder across the top rope! Angle let out a big "woo!" before returning to the ring to dish out more punishment on the shoulder. Kurt hooked the arm and body slammed Guerrero with all of his weight on the bad shoulder for a close call, but Eddie showed tremendous fight as Angle applied a hammerlock on the mat. Guerrero was able to elbow his way free, a snapmare leading to a dropkick to give him some breathing space! Eddie hulked back up to a vertical basis, connecting with two clotheslines before ducking a clothesline and connecting with the leg lariat! A hurricanrana followed with the legs hooked, but Angle was able to free himself just in time. Chyna was seen biting her nails from the corner, while Eddie side-stepped an emerging Angle in the corner with a sunset flip: again only getting two! But the damages done to his left limb had been done, and after feigning injury for several moments, Eddie daringly looked at applying the Gory Special on Angle! Guerrero powered Angle up on his back - but the weight was too much for the WWF European Champion: with Kurt able to land on his feet, locking in the Crossface Chickenwing on 'Latino Heat'.
As Kurt wrenched the Bob Backlund-taught Crossface Chickenwing, Chyna pounded her hands on the apron to get the crowd roaring behind the underdog. Eddie was taken down and trapped in a vine by Angle, while FleetCenter chanted his name: and somehow Eddie was able to kick his way out of Angle's grip! Eddie rolled backwards for a two count, before catching Kurt with an armdrag! Guerrero connected with a monkey flip out of the corner, and a tornado DDT from the second rope rocked Angle's world! Eddie saw his chance now, as he climbed up to the top rope and looked at the Frog Splash - but with favoring his arm, Eddie was hesitant. This cost him big time as Angle suddenly caught him off the top rope with a huge belly-to-belly suplex from the top rope - Angle covering, but once again only getting two! Eddie had so much heart and it was showing here tonight in Boston: but Kurt had now had enough. Angle motioned for the Olympic Slam: surely the end of Guerrero's rollercoaster ride to the King of the Ring Finals. He went in on Eddie for it, but Guerrero reversed into a crucifix pin for a super-close near fall: when Angle locked in the Crossface Chickenwing again! Guerrero scrambled for the ropes, but Kurt had him dead centre - and Angle forced Eddie to tap out!
Winner, and the 2000 King of the Ring Winner: Kurt Angle (12:09)
Kurt Angle remained seated on his hands and knees after the decision, the Olympic Gold Medalist having scored the win in the Finals of the tournament! Angle had his hand raised in celebration, but Kurt instead hugged the official profusely - Kurt screaming with joy! In what had been the biggest King of the Ring tournament, what was once an open playing field of thirty-two WWF Superstars had broken down to one man. And that man was Kurt Angle: the 2000 King of the Ring! Eddie Guerrero favored his shoulder after the match, with 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' attending to her agony-ridden boyfriend. Chyna was majorly concerned for the WWF European Champion's wellfare. But despite it all, Angle was gifted the 2000 King of the Ring trophy sitting beside the announce table - presented by none other than Jerry Lawler: 'the King' himself! Jerry shook Kurt's hand with enthusiasm, as Kurt raised the trophy up high and woo'd to the heavens that the Olympian had been crowned King tonight in Boston, Massachusetts!
In the parking lot WWF Hardcore Champion Perry Saturn was seen leaving the FleetCenter, as he opened up the trunk of his car and placed the gold inside. Saturn muttered to himself about the shabby excuse of competition he had faced tonight from the likes of Al Snow and Crash Holly. Saturn commented that he was going to be Mr. 24/7 around here from now on, when Perry opened the door to his car and Al Snow walloped Saturn from behind with Head! Saturn went out like a light, and Snow covered him right there on the asphalt but Steve Blackman arrived to break it up! 'The Lethal Weapon' dragged Snow up to his feet as the two former Head Cheese allies looked each other up and down. Al asked what that was for: he thought they were friends! Blackman smirked and reminded Al that there were no friends in 24/7 - with Blackman and Snow now getting into it with one another! Meanwhile Saturn was seen crawling into his car, and Snow and Blackman promptly chased Saturn out of the parking lot, with Saturn escaping the night still WWF Hardcore Champion!
A video package aired, telling the story of how two men like Triple H and Chris Jericho were introduced, and how their rivalry - which all started because of 'the Game's wife Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley - quickly became personal. Tonight at King of the Ring, Triple H aims to silence the lovable loudmouth Chris Jericho.
7) Triple H (w/Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) vs Chris Jericho
Ever since arriving in the World Wrestling Federation last summer, Chris Jericho and Triple H have appeared to be at odds. However, with the influx of Triple H's power and influence that stemmed with the marriage to Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, Y2J quickly became a thorn in 'the Game's side. It started with conflict, Jericho insulting 'the Billion Dollar Princess' and branding her as a "filthy, dirty, disgusting, bottom-feeding trashbag ho" and even kissing her on RAW one month ago. But from there it grew deeper and deeper, as 'the Game' set D-Generation X on him. Chris Jericho responded loud and clear, interfering in Triple H's final opportunity to regain the WWF Championship from the Rock - Y2J acting as the official that counted the three to end 'the Game's chances of regaining the gold! Jericho has caught Triple H out of his comfort zone on more than one occasion but the franchise player has responded, even costing Y2J the WWF Intercontinental Championship two weeks ago. And with King of the Ring came the big showdown: to see whether Chris Jericho could get the job done in a big time match against the former three-time WWF Champion. And to see whether 'the Game' had what it took to put the rising star from Winnipeg down.
Triple H was first to the ring, and with his precious wife 'the Billion Dollar Princess' at his side, 'the Game' wanted to make good on his promise to Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley that Chris Jericho's derogatory comments about her would come to an end tonight. In response came Chris Jericho, who did not have anything to say tonight to the surprise of many. Y2J was all business, as he slowly stepped into the ring to confront 'the Game'. An intense staredown followed, with the bell sounding and both stepping back to their respective corners. Y2J was serious, as was Triple H, as the two locked up to kick things off. Both aimed for control, with the referee having to separate the two against the ropes. Jericho grinned while Triple H got back into it and immediately took Jericho down with a headlock takedown. The tight grip of the Greenwich-bred Superstar kept Jericho in place, but Y2J came back with all of his might, able to speed things up and take 'the Game' down with an armdrag! Jericho screamed to the fans delight in celebration, but upon locking up once more, Triple H immediately kneed him in the abdomen and struck him to let the fight begin. He whipped Jericho off the ropes, who baseball slid beneath him and caught him with a back elbow; as Jericho continued with a flying forearm and a missile dropkick off the second for a near fall! Y2J was surprising many, but 'the Game' did not seem so perplexed.
Triple H kept his cool in catching Chris Jericho off-guard with a Harley Race high-knee as Jericho came off the second rope, and now it was 'the Cerebral Assassin' coming out on the attack. Triple H pounded on Y2J with a series of fists to the face; the former World Wrestling Federation Champion known all too well for his methodical pacings in a match, as evidenced by the war with the Rock last month in Three Stages of Hell. And now 'the Game' was here to make sure Jericho knew what he was messing with, applying a sleeper hold on Jericho. Y2J struggled to try and break free from the grip but he was able to by sending Triple H off of the ropes, just for Triple H to lock on another sleeper hold! Y2J began to daze, while Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley watched on with a smile from ringside; the fans firmly behind a fading Chris Jericho, who finally responded to the referee's attempts at reviving him: Jericho firmly holding his fist high before a third drop! But Triple H inexplicably tugged on the hair, dragging him down to the mat! Triple H was simply having fun with Y2J, laughing and slapping Jericho around until Chris Jericho suddenly came back with a sleeper slam! Y2J was moving now, as he connected with a bulldog before hitting the ropes for the Lionsault: landing it, but Triple H miraculously kicked out at two! Y2J should have expected this from Triple H, and while climbing up to the top rope, 'the Billion Dollar Princess' got on the apron! The distraction allowed Triple H to crotch Y2J up on the top rope, where H climbed: the superplex connecting!
Triple H covered Chris Jericho, who this time was able to kick out at two! This was much more of a scientific match than one would have expected, with Chris Jericho out to make a name for himself while Triple H was focused on ensuring the Boston fans knew who the top star truly was in this industry! Triple H was visibly getting frustrated, while his wife yelled for him to finish the job he set out to do: a spinebuster connecting for a subsequent near fall too. Soon Triple H knew it was time for a Pedigree, but just when everybody thought it was over Y2J tripped him in the Walls of Jericho! Triple H was trapped, with nowhere to go while Jericho wrenched on the spine of the three-time WWF Champion! Stephanie gasped at her husband being locked in the pain when she decided to get involved - distracting the official as she climbed into the ring herself! Jericho spotted her and the two had a verbal exchange with the official between them, when Triple H barged Jericho from behind; sending the referee to the floor! Stephanie low blowed Chris Jericho, and Triple H planted Y2J with a huge Pedigree! He covered but realized that the referee was down, when the villainous WWF Women's Champion took to ringside to bring out a sledgehammer! The same weapon that 'the Game' had used on countless of his foes in the past was being introduced, as Stephanie demanded 'the Cerebral Assassin' finish Y2J's whole career right here and now! Triple H hugged her and took the sledgehammer, ready to swing but Chris Jericho dodged from the corner, and Triple H got none of Y2J! Jericho connected with a springboard dropkick to 'the Game', when Stephanie began to scream at Jericho! She swung for Y2J, but he caught her hand mid-slap: Jericho locking 'the Billion Dollar Princess' in a liplock! Stephanie was disgusted and Jericho appeared satisfied while Boston went rabid, but Triple H came from behind with the sledgehammer in hand: missing Y2J narrowly, who responded with a low blow for earlier - Jericho taking the sledgehammer and nailing 'the Game' right between the eyes with it! Jericho fell on Triple H as the referee came to - the three count made!
Winner: Chris Jericho (20:28)
After one hell of a war between these two men, Chris Jericho had just beaten the former World Wrestling Federation Champion! Y2J had FleetCenter on their feet, but Chris Jericho could not even get up to his feet on his own accord after a true battle against 'the Cerebral Assassin!' Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley sobbed on her knees over her fallen husband, as Chris Jericho stood tall with the sledgehammer raised high! Y2J had just proved to the world that he could go with the best of them, and sledgehammer or not this was Chris Jericho's night! And as for the fallen Triple H and 'the Billion Dollar Princess', you just knew they would not let this slide!
In the backstage corridor we saw the Undertaker shadow-boxing, with the Triple Threat match for the World Wrestling Federation Championship still yet to come. 'The American Badass' was focused, but the main questions were on how good terms could the Undertaker and his fellow Brother of Destruction, Kane be in a match where there could be only one winner! And where did 'the Deadman' stand, with the McMahon-Helmsley Faction or on his own?
Elsewhere The Rock was spotted jumping on the spot, with the Triple Threat match growing nearer and nearer. He was stood beside Michael Cole, who wanted to get some comments from 'the People's Champ' ahead of what could be the biggest challenge of his young career in the World Wrestling Federation, but Rock raised his palm to Michael's face before declaring that finally the Rock had come back to Boston, Mass! The fans were already erupting, as the Rock talked about how tonight was the night to lay it all on the line. He was sacrificing the WWF Championship: the richest prize in this business. But more importantly, he was sacrificing his body, his livelihood, and his soul when he must face not just 'the Big Red Machine' Kane, but his redneck half-brother the Undertaker as well! The Brothers of Destruction: were they together or would it be every man for himself? The Rock said that it didn't matter whether Kane and Undertaker were side-by-side, head-to-head or hand-in-hand, because as far as he was concerned: all it took was one mistake from his challengers tonight, and the Rock would walk out still WWF Champion. And the Rock was ready. He asked Boston if they were ready, because he was prepared to whoop some candyass: it's King of the Ring! Rock delivered his signature catchphrase to the people's delight: 'the Great One' all set for the main event!
Vince McMahon and Kane were spotted watching the Rock's interview conducted live moments earlier, with the Chairman telling 'the Big Red Machine' that this is what 'the Great One' was best at: getting inside his opponent's heads. Vince claimed Rock was not the face this company was looking for. In fact, it was the last thing it needed: someone that manipulates people, a selfish bully that liked to beat up on the weak like the Chairman himself, and even his daughter Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley! But Kane had the chance to right the wrong tonight, and when it came to the Brothers of Destruction standing tall over Rock's lifeless body? May the best man win for all he's concerned. Kane turned to face Vince, asking if this was really his plan. Kane told Vince he knew him all too well, and he knew there was a part of him that wanted Undertaker to be WWF Champion! It was all so that Triple H could get his rematch, wasn't it? Kane stood up against a fretful Vince, when Kane continued to talk about how he was going to show Vince and Triple H what made him a living nightmare! The WWF Championship will enter hellfire and brimstone when he drapes it across his own shoulder. Kane was so fired up he punched the television set off of its stand, leaving. Vince followed after him, wishing 'the Big Red Machine' luck.
A video package aired to cover what had brought the rocky relationship between The Rock, Kane and the Undertaker together for the main event of King of the Ring: a Triple Threat match for 'the People's Champ's WWF Championship. But with Vince McMahon not far behind, and the Brothers of Destruction's complex family relationship, how could the Rock possibly walk out on top? We were about to find out!
8) WWF Championship - Triple Threat match The Rock (c) vs The Undertaker vs Kane
As always, the Rock's World Wrestling Federation Championship was in serious danger when he was faced with one of Vince McMahon's dastardly plans. It was back at Judgment Day where the Undertaker appeared to come to 'the Great One's aid from a McMahon-Helmsley Faction beatdown after Rock had endured Three Stages of Hell against Triple H, but there was always tension between Rock and the Undertaker. 'The American Badass's return was not exactly met with the best fanfare from the regime, particularly not from his brother Kane. Yet despite the brothers' disdain for one another, the Chairman wanted to stack the odds: finally able to turn the Undertaker against the Rock. In what role? Who knew. But what did happen was the uniting of the Brothers of Destruction, which very potentially made this Triple Threat match tonight more of a Handicap match if anything. But 'the People's Champ', on top of his game, was ready for the challenge. And only one could leave the King of the Ring tonight with the WWF Championship around their waist.
The Undertaker and Kane went right into a staredown before the World Wrestling Federation could even make his arrival. When 'the Big Red Machine' made his arrival and let hellfire and brimstone take over the FleetCenter, 'the American Badass' was out next. He rode his motorcycle around the ring, and Kane would not let his eyes leave the sight of his half-brother. The Brothers of Destruction were prepared to go at it right here and now, when the Rock made his entrance to the loudest applause of the night thus far! The Rock hit the ring and immediately clubbed it out with both brothers. Rights for Kane and rights for Undertaker; with the Rock coming back with a clothesline that stunned both men. Rock continued to hammer punches in Kane's way against the ropes, when Kane fired back with an uppercut! Undertaker grabbed Rock by the throat, but he kicked his way free and hit the ropes; a clothesline knocking down 'the Deadman'! Rock played it defensively against the two Brothers of Destruction, slamming Kane's head into the canvas but the WWF Champion was in there outnumbered. Rock however continued to fight both men, as Undertaker and Kane looked to gang up on him, with Rock once again hitting the ropes just to wind up receiving a big boot courtesy of 'the Big Red Machine'. The Brothers of Destruction were now in control of 'the People's Champ', as both delivered rapid-fire elbows and punches in the corner.
The fans chanted the Rock's name, when he suddenly came back with rights both men, and even looked for a Rock Bottom on the Undertaker just to be clobbered by Kane! Kane delivered a fireman's carry, draping Rock's head across the top turnbuckle, before the Undertaker now sent Rock out to the floor with a big boot! Undertaker and Kane followed, with Kane actually shouting orders at his older brother. 'The Big Red Machine' wanted to put Rock through the Spanish announce table and Undertaker complied, all the while Kane rolled Rock inside for a cover - which Undertaker dragged him off of! Undertaker mouthed off at Kane for trying to deceive him, all the while Rock suddenly caught Kane with a Samoan drop! Rock tried to fight off Undertaker, who managed to cut him off and powerbomb him in dramatic fashion: covering Rock, just for the pin to be broken up by his brother Kane! Undertaker and Kane were slowly breaking apart as both of their individual dreams of becoming WWF Champion was growing in doubt so long as the other man was there. Despite this they continued, as Undertaker told Kane to connect with a Double Chokeslam - and it connected! But immediately afterwards, Undertaker and Kane laid their hands on each other's throats! The Brothers of Destruction were finally about to explode, with Undertaker and Kane getting into it with a series of rights and lefts! Kane was stunned, which allowed Rock to recover - planting Undertaker with a spinebuster when Kane stomped Rock! 'The Big Red Machine' planned for a Tombstone Piledriver, but Rock floated out of it with a DDT, before nipping up to a gigantic reaction!
The Rock was coming alive in Boston, a clothesline sending Undertaker out to the floor. Rock saw Kane rising and came through another spinebuster: Rock rising to his feet and getting set for the People's Elbow! He tossed the elbow pad into the crowd and hit the ropes, but Undertaker lowered the bottom rope causing the WWF Champion to fall out to the floor! Undertaker climbed into the ring and got Kane up on his shoulders: delivering a Tombstone Piledriver to Kane! Undertaker covered, but all of a sudden Rock emerged with a steel chair to the spine of 'the American Badass'. Rock nailed Undertaker in the skull with the chair, before dishing out chair shots for Kane! In the mean time Rock connected with the Rock Bottom to the Undertaker: covering him for two, as Undertaker got his foot on the bottom rope! All three men were exhausted now, with the richest prize in the business on the line in this action-packed Triple Threat encounter. Rock now sized Kane up for a Rock Bottom when Vince McMahon came walking down to the ring! The Chairman climbed inside, where he turned Rock around - and Rock saw Vince and looked to give the p*ssed off Chairman a Rock Bottom, when Kane delivered a Chokeslam to the Rock! Vince barked at Kane to cover him, when Undertaker came to and nailed Kane with the steel chair! Kane was dazed and Undertaker followed suit with a second chair shot to the crazed Chairman, before Undertaker took to the apron and delivered a gigantic Chokeslam: off of the apron, sending Kane through the Spanish announce table! The crowd chanted "holy sh*t", and shockingly the Undertaker started moving once more, with Kane out of the picture and the WWF Championship in sight! He slid back inside, where Rock immediately tried for a Rock Bottom, reversed into a Tombstone attempt by 'the Deadman', but Rock slid out and sent him into the corner before laying him down with the spinebuster - the People's Elbow connecting! Vince tried reaching inside: but he was too late!
Winner, and still WWF Champion: The Rock (19:51)
The Rock had overcome every obstacle set in his way courtesy of the Chairman once again, and the World Wrestling Federation Championship was staying around the waist of 'the Great One'. Vince McMahon actually began to cry at the sight of the Rock standing tall with the WWF Championship atop the second turnbuckle; all the while Kane was seen sitting up from the debris of the announce table. Undertaker recovered in the corner, with all eyes on 'the People's Champ'. Who would be able to stop the Rock? What would happen next with 'the Brahma Bull' as the WWF Champion?
RAW is WAR - June 26, 2000 The Centrum in Worcester, Massachusetts Live on the USA Network
A video package aired recapping what went down at a very intense King of the Ring pay-per-view. Not only was the 2000 King of the Ring winner crowned when Kurt Angle was victorious in the Finals against Eddie Guerrero, but we saw the World Wrestling Federation Championship at stake in a hotly contested Triple Threat match that saw the Brothers of Destruction slowly disintegrate over who would pin the Rock and claim the title. In the end however, Vince McMahon made his way down to the ring just to find himself clocked in the head by 'the Deadman' with a steel chair. A Chokeslam through the Spanish announce table would take Kane out of the action, which allowed Rock to connect with the People's Elbow to somehow manage to retain the WWF Championship!
The opening video package aired, bringing us to the sold out Centrum. We were off to a bang, with pyrotechnics and a hot crowd in Worcester, Massachusetts on hand, just twenty-four hours following the high-octane King of the Ring pay-per-view. Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler welcomed us to the show, on a night where we would see the official King of the Ring Coronation of Kurt Angle after his tournament win last night; plus, the WWF Tag Team Championship would be at stake when Edge and Christian defend against the Dudley Boyz! But also, 'the King' would be in action himself, taking on Essa Rios in a match where the losing Diva: Terri or the Kat, would have to strip on live television!
But kicking things off came Vince McMahon, the Chairman of the World Wrestling Federation not being well received in Worcester as he strutted down to the ring bearing a discontent expression on his face. The boss took to the microphone as "assh*le" chants rained upon him, and Vince told the people that every single fan out there that loved to watch Vince fail could rot in hell for all he cared, because no matter what happened last night at King of the Ring, he would always be a miserable human being knowing he came from Worcester! Vince said that he was disappointed if anything, knowing that the Rock was still the WWF Champion. But not just that, because somewhere in all of this, in his infinite wisdom that benefited the men he was rooting for - the Undertaker and Kane - seemed to forget who signed their damn paychecks. That much was clear when he got cracked in the skull with a steel chair, courtesy of 'the American Badass'! Vince was livid, demanding that the Undertaker come on out and face him like a man.
The Undertaker would comply, and 'the Deadman' stomped out to the ring with a smirk across his face. There was no motorcycle for 'the American Badass' tonight, and he climbed inside to face the music. Vince wanted an explanation as to why he did what he did, and what exactly it was that the Undertaker was smiling about. McMahon told the Undertaker that he gave him his job back with the World Wrestling Federation because he trusted that he would take the WWF Championship from the Rock, and he sure as hell failed! Undertaker however was in no mood for the boss's comments, telling McMahon that for the record, he wasn't granted his job back. He came back, and when he McMahon set out in his ways to sabotage his attempts, the Undertaker bust the door down and forced his way in! And as far as Vince trying to help him win the WWF title - he wasn't interested in being a slave boy like he'd made his half-brother Kane into! Vince grew red with rage and told Undertaker that maybe there was something he had to do about that. He told Undertaker that if it wasn't for him, there would be no Undertaker. The Undertaker wouldn't be a Deadman, he'd be a dead man! Vince sniveled and pointed the finger at 'the Deadman', telling him he wouldn't stand to be spoken this way - much like he did the Rock last week on SmackDown! - but Undertaker snatched Vince by the throat!
But before the Undertaker could act against the Chairman, hellfire and brimstone came over the stage, and out walked Kane! 'The Big Red Machine' was visibly none too happy about the loss in last night's Triple Threat match, and as he climbed into the ring and towered over his brother and Vince McMahon, the Chairman barked orders towards the monster. Vince wanted Kane to get the Undertaker off of him, and to massacre him or else! Kane simply glanced at the Undertaker, who dared him to do as his "daddy" told him and wind up through that announce table again - and Kane decided to shake his head in defiance! Undertaker tossed Vince down to canvas, while Undertaker and Kane stared one another down. The Chairman demanded answers, reminding Kane of the terms of their alliance in the first place! The Brothers of Destruction turned to face the boss, which intimidated him as McMahon backed away. McMahon declared that if this was the case, then tonight the Undertaker and Kane would team up, going up against The Rock and a partner of his choosing! Vince left the ring in a foul mood: while the brothers continued to look each other up and down - what was going on with Kane? Who's side was he on, and what did Vince have over 'the Big Red Machine?'
Following a replay of what went down before the commercial break, we returned live to see Kane re-entering the backstage area when Vince McMahon caught up to 'the Big Red Machine'. Vince scowled as he told Kane that he thought they had a deal. Vince said that Kane was all his! And he damn well expected 'the Big Red Machine' to do as he was told or face the music; the true identity of the monster behind the mask! Kane simply glared back at Vince, as the Chairman demanded Kane do what he tells him to do in tonight's main event: and that is destroy the Rock, and as for the Undertaker - he knew exactly what he wanted Kane to do to him. Kane asked Vince when he developed testicles and walked away, leaving Vince to shout after telling him to do the right thing, or his secret would be out!
1) Too Cool def. B&B Security by disqualification (4:04) Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay may have fell slightly short of becoming WWF Tag Team Champions last night at King of the Ring, but they were in for a tough time against the Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan. B&B Security started off by attempting to counter Too Cool - who they succumbed a defeat to on SmackDown! recently - and their high-speed attacks, but when Grandmaster Sexay walked into a big boot from Buchanan, he was in trouble. The two brutes from Cobb County hammered on him in the corner, with Bossman mouthing off to the Worcester crowd about delivering hard justice. This enabled Sexay to come back with a bulldog off the second rope, and a tag was made to Scotty. Scotty 2 Hotty ran wild on both men, even managing to chop the six-foot-six Buchanan down to size! Scotty connected with the bulldog and delivered the Worm, when the Bossman hit the ring clobbering him with a nightstick!
The Big Bossman clocked Grandmaster Sexay with the nightstick for good measure after the bell, with Bull Buchanan coming to and putting the boots to Scotty 2 Hotty. Bossman continued to hammer away at Grandmaster before unveiling a set of handcuffs: cuffing Scotty 2 Hotty to the bottom rope! Bossman and Buchanan closed in on him, when the APA made their return! Bradshaw and Faarooq hit the ring and brought the fight to B&B Security, making their first appearance in three weeks after getting assaulted and having their business overran by the two enforcers! Bossman and Buchanan retreated from the ring, but the APA were back and ready to kick some ass!
Kevin Kelly was backstage with the Dudley Boyz, commenting on the dominant display proven last night at King of the Ring when they settled the score with D-Generation X in a Tag Team Tables match. D-Von and Bubba Ray spoke out about how X-Pac and Road Dogg gave it their all, but in the end there was no place for DX in Dudleyville! Bubba declared that they were focused on what was coming next - the WWF Tag Team Championship they were never pinned nor submitted to lose. D-Von preached that Edge and Christian will know their name as the Dudleys tonight, but all of a sudden Edge and Christian blasted them from behind! The WWF Tag Team Champion got into a fist fight with the Dudleys, who came back swinging, causing the champs to retreat!
Back live on RAW is WAR Shane McMahon was seen attempting to apply ice to his ribcage, the result of his match with Rikishi at last night's King of the Ring. He grunted and groaned while Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley voiced her extreme displeasure in Chris Jericho's route to victory over her husband Triple H last night. 'The Billion Dollar Princess' paced back and forth lamenting the kiss that Y2J planted on her: the greasy lips, the foul breath. She was the boss's daughter, the WWF Women's Champion! Shane couldn't even muster up much of a response, when Kurt Angle walked in: cheering Stephanie up. She greeted him warmly and congratulated him on becoming the King of the Ring last night. She actually hugged him, which surprised both Kurt and Shane. The Olympic Gold Medalist proudly accepted the honors, commenting on how tonight would see his official Coronation Ceremony take place in...Worcester, Massachusetts. Angle had to ask Shane if that's really where it was happening, and he groaned in response. Regardless, Kurt was here to personally request Shane introduce him tonight. McMahon struggled to talk, and Kurt told him he'd see him out there!
In the building Lance Storm was in the ring set for singles competition. The Canadian had made it to the Quarter-Finals of the King of the Ring tournament and was irked by his loss to Eddie Guerrero who went on to the Finals, but tonight had some extremely vocal comments to make towards the people of Worcester tonight. He claimed that Massachusetts was a failed attempt of the Great White North. He commented that there was a huge difference between Americans and Canadians, and these included proper etiquette and personal hygiene. Lance presented a toothbrush to the crowd and instructed them on how to use one, when Hardcore Holly interrupted him! Holly climbed into the ring and came in violation of Storm's comment about Americans' "proper etiquette", telling Lance that maybe he was right. Or maybe that was the problem with Canadians: they didn't like beating around the bush! Holly blasted Storm with a big right hand, starting the match!
2) Lance Storm def. Hardcore Holly (3:38) With 'the Big Shot' Hardcore Holly, you never knew what to expect. That much has been clear as of late with the Alabama-native, interrupting the obnoxious and giving his own two cents before blasting them with a big right hand. Hardcore Holly started off by pounding away at the proud Canadian, who was forced to resort to his quickness in order to combat the veteran WWF Superstar early on. Storm tried to get some shots in, but coming off of the ropes found himself big back body dropped, almost out of the ring! Holly followed him out to the floor, where Storm gave him a drop toe hold into the steel steps, allowing Lance to finally get chance to dictate the pace. Storm grounded Holly with stomps before settling on a headlock, which Holly soon came back from and connected with his dropkick! Holly tried to dish up the Falcon Arrow, but Storm shoved Holly into the referee - 'the Big Shot' stopping just short of him - when Storm blasted him with the Super Kick for three!
Lance Storm may be a prideful Canadian, but he had just resorted to using the referee to his advantage to pick up the win against a motivated Hardcore Holly. Lance had his hand raised, and obnoxiously posed to the people. This impressive newcomer to the World Wrestling Federation may not be making many friends in the locker room, but he was picking up wins in the ring.
In the backstage area Lita was seen putting on a pair of cargo pants ahead of the Hardy Boyz gearing up for action against T&A tonight. But as Lita was getting ready to join Jeff and Matt in their match, Trish Stratus flaunted into the room, commenting on how she didn't know who she thought she was, but she looked like cr*p. Lita turned and asked Trish if she wanted a piece of her, and instead Trish confronted her and told her that if she dared to try get involved in Trish's business again tonight like she did last week, that Lita would find herself crying on the corner, because she wasn't as tough as she looked. Lita slapped Trish, with the two Divas crumpling down to the floor! Lita and Trish rolled around when referees ran in to try and separate the two women: the Hardy Boyz and T&A's business intensifying, coming up next!
3) T&A (w/Trish Stratus) def. The Hardy Boyz (w/Lita) (5:42) The Trish Stratus-led combination of Test and Albert have had a fair few problems with the Hardy Boyz as of late, dating back to Jeff Hardy managing to bypass Test in the King of the Ring Quarter-Finals last week on RAW. Regardless of a loss to Val Venis caused by Trish Stratus and Lita's feud heating up, Jeff managed to make it all the way to the Semi-Finals - where he was beaten by Kurt Angle. Jeff and Matt battled T&A with their speed and agility, when Trish was able to distract the referee enabling Test to big boot Matt behind his back! T&A would double-team Matt while Jeff and Lita rallied the fans behind him; and Matt soon reversed a double military press slam into a tornado DDT-headscissors combination: and the tag was made to Jeff! The Hardys hit Poetry in Motion on Test; Jeff with a legdrop to the groin of Albert, when Trish tried entering the ring! With the referee distracted, Lita would climb up top and connect with the flying hurricanrana on Test; but when Jeff tried for the Swanton Bomb on Albert Val Venis ran down to the ring and knocked Jeff off the top! Matt got the tag, but he walked right into the Baldo Bomb from Albert, giving T&A the win!
Val Venis had once again allowed T&A to pick up a victory over the Hardy Boyz, with 'the Valbowski's value to Trish Stratus' clients increasing by the show. Jeff Hardy and Lita climbed in to attend to Matt, while Test and Albert joined the cocky Val Venis and a spiteful Trish Stratus on the rampway. Trish rubbed the loss in Lita's face, who glared back with a look of annoyance.
Backstage Jonathan Coachman was standing by with WWF Intercontinental Champion Chris Benoit, as Coach asked 'the Rabid Wolverine' about his post-match beating on Eddie Guerrero in last night's King of the Ring Semi-Final match; which most believe was the main factor in Eddie losing in the Finals to Kurt Angle. Benoit smirked in reminiscing, commenting on how great it was watching his old friend rive in pain. It was just like the old days. But that's what made he and Eddie different: he was a lion, and Eddie was the prey. And tonight, when he puts the title up against Tazz: he warned everybody to expect nothing less. Because Benoit planned to make 'the Human Suplex Machine' suffer tonight.
In the locker room area Eddie Guerrero had his arm in a sling, 'Latino Heat' not in a good way following an epic performance during last night's King of the Ring tournament. Eddie was joined by his girlfriend Chyna, with the WWF European Champion confiding in her about how he should have won the tournament, if it wasn't for Chris Benoit damn near dislocating his shoulder! 'The Ninth Wonder of the World' caressed the mullet of Eddie's with his head on her shoulder. She consoled Eddie, telling him that he put on a performance of a lifetime, and in her eyes: Eddie was her King of the Ring. The couple were contently having a moment when Lance Storm stormed in the room. He told Eddie that what he was doing was disgusting: he's the WWF European Champion and he's sitting around in a sling, without a match? That title should be around his waist! Chyna squared up to Lance, who laughed in her face. Storm told Eddie that he better be healthy soon enough, because if last night's poor excuse of a performance proved anything, it was going to be easy pickings taking his title!
Returning to RAW is WAR Shane McMahon made his way out to the ring for the official King of the Ring Coronation Ceremony. Shane O'Mac had a slight limp in his step, clearing showing the effects of his encounter last night against Rikishi which saw Shane take a beating of a lifetime. The red carpet was laid out in the ring, where a special robe and crown were positioned on stands beside a podium. Shane groaned with pain while favoring his ribcage upon entering the ring, taking to the microphone. He revealed cue cards and attempting to read from them, commenting in great detail the lengths that Kurt Angle had gone to to win this year's King of the Ring tournament. Shane appeared somewhat disturbed by some of the contents of the cards and quickly decided to throw them aside, before telling the people from the heart that the King of the Ring winner was a great man, someone that helped him dispose of the Big Show, and a class act and surefire future WWF Champion. He was an Olympic Gold Medalist, he was the WWF Eurocontinental Champion: he was the King of the Ring winner, Kurt Angle!
Kurt Angle made his way out to the ring, feigning flattery all the way. The Olympic Gold Medalist had endured Jeff Hardy and an injured Eddie Guerrero to win the King of the Ring tournament, and he was here to reap the benefits tonight. Angle hugged a harmed Shane McMahon, who then had to gasp for air as Kurt took over on the microphone. He began by telling the people that their King of the Ring winner had arrived, it's true it's true! And Kurt had a long speech planned - but much like Shane moments prior, in what was a hearty introduction - he was throwing it out of the window to tell the people that last night was the crowning achievement of his career thus far! Maybe even bigger than winning the Olympics in 1996. Kurt said that he always knew he was one of the greatest athletes to step foot in a WWF ring, but last night validated it. It certified it. In fact, last night defined what made 'the Olympic Hero' as good as he says he is! He gave shout-outs to his mom and dad, his brothers, his trainers, and above all of those people the guys that truly mattered to him: Edge, Christian, and Shane McMahon!
Kurt requested Shane help him with his royal rope and crown, when Rikishi made his way out wearing a lavish white jacket and pants: his name emblazoned upon it! Angle and Shane were furious, with Shane stepping behind the Olympian while the Samoan stepped foot on the red carpet. 'Big Kish' removed his shapes and observed the scenery, telling them that this whole set-up was "wack!" Rikishi made fun of how seriously Angle was taking all of this, asking him why he doesn't just go ahead and put on that robe and crown, and give the people in Worcester something to really make them laugh! The fans applauded 'Big Kish', much to the dismay of the Olympian. Kurt told Rikishi that deep down he knows that Rikishi is jealous, because as far as he knew: back in Samoa, they barely even had a decent grasp of what royalty even was! Rikishi laughed and admitted Kurt was funny, but told him that what was even funnier was Kurt Angle wearing that dorky get-up right here and now!
Kurt stubbornly told Rikishi that he'd do it when he's good and ready, as Shane continued to back away from an approaching Rikishi. Rikishi spotted this and reminded Shane of the kicking he gave his ass last night at King of the Ring: how special a moment it was for all the boys and girls here tonight! Suddenly Angle took Rikishi by surprise with a series of rights; though Rikishi had come looking to pick a fight and sidestepped him, a superkick knocking the Olympian down! Angle scrambled out to the floor, when Shane came from behind with a low blow! Shane wasn't injured in the slightest - and he even took the royal scepter from the stand; breaking it across Rikishi's spine! Angle got up and tipped the podium over the body of Rikishi, before proudly standing tall with his robe, crown, and broken scepter! Shane raised his hand - what a momentous Coronation Ceremony for 'the Olympic Hero!'
Triple H and Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley were in their dressing room, 'the Game' laughing up the sight of Kurt Angle wearing that ridiculous crown and robe. Triple H found it hysterical that Shane McMahon would even be caught dead with that guy, calling him a nerd. 'The Billion Dollar Princess' remained quiet, but then told him that she thought Kurt looked great and that she was mad at him. Stephanie figured that as her husband he'd be mad as hell that Chris Jericho planted a grotesque kiss on her last night, let alone beat him at King of the Ring last night. Triple H tried to tell Stephanie that he'd get Y2J's ass back - it's not like he's even bothered showing up tonight! And then he uttered that it wasn't her first kiss from Y2J, which infuriated Stephanie to the point of getting off the couch and demanding her husband brutalize Chris Jericho the moment he stepped foot in this building tonight! She left, leaving 'the Game' baffled by the WWF Women's Champion's sass.
We returned to the sight of the hustle and bustle of Times Square, where we cut to inside WWF New York to see a rabid crowd of people gathered to hang out, drink beer and watch RAW is WAR: but Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. were there getting their groove on with some of the Godfather's Hos! The Godfather and Gangrel were busting moves, with 'the Pimp Daddy' zooming around with his cane in hand; Gangrel bumping up and down with his shades on and goblet in hand. They were the life of the party!
4) Jerry Lawler (w/The Kat) def. Essa Rios (w/Terri) (2:45) This past Thursday night on SmackDown! Terri was able to convince Essa Rios to partner up with her for a mixed tag team match against the Kat, and a male WWF Superstar of her choice. And despite her attempts, nobody seemed to want to help her out - besides Memphis's own, Jerry 'the King' Lawler. Tonight the stipulation was that the loser's Diva would have to strip to their bra and panties, and Essa Rios came in with a lot of built up frustration coming out of his loss to Jerry on SmackDown! Rios was more physical than known to be, and despite some early success with a leaping dropkick as well as a springboard clothesline, Lawler came back with a huge right hand to Essa! Jerry wanted the ten punches in the corner, but 'the She-Devil' would climb up to the apron and brushed her chin against his chest, which gave Essa a brief window to atomic drop Jerry, before missing a 450 splash attempt! Meanwhile Kat slapped Terri at ringside, while Lawler came back with a body slam; lowering the strap and planting Rios with a huge Piledriver for another win!
Jerry Lawler had picked up the victory twice in one week over Essa Rios, and as a result of the victory, Terri now had to shed her garments and reveal her bra and panties to an excited crowd in Worcester's Centrum! 'The King' had his hand raised by an overly excited Kat, who even kissed her man on the cheek. Jim Ross joked how jolly Jerry must feel right now, when Terri climbed inside protesting the fact that she had to take her clothes off. 'The She-Devil' got in Kat's face, who simply responded by tackling Terri to the canvas: and ripping the dress off of 'the She-Devil!' Terri was in the skimpiest bra and panties and immediately cowered up the rampway in defeat. Kat jumped into 'the King's arms, as the celebration continued in Terri's humiliating escape!
Backstage the APA were spotted making their return to what was now B&B Security's office. Bradshaw and Faarooq wondered what the hell had happened to their headquarters, noting the B&B Security sign on the door. Upon entry, Faarooq ripped it off before they observed the clean metal table covered in tidy stacks of paperwork! Bradshaw shuffled the papers and threw them off of their table, while Faarooq observed the mini-fridge and was horrified to see nothing but freshly squeezed orange juice! Faarooq slammed a carton on the floor, telling Bradshaw that it was time to get back to business because the Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan had seriously let this line of work go.
In the locker room area the Undertaker was gearing up for the main event tonight against the Rock and a partner of his choice, when in walked Kane. Once again the Brothers of Destruction were met in a fierce and tense staredown confrontation. 'The Big Red Machine' told 'the American Badass' that tonight was all business as far as he was concerned. To pick up the ball that Undertaker dropped last night, and obliterate the Rock was all that was on his mind. Undertaker told Kane it was all the same to him. But he had to know: what did Vince McMahon have on Kane? It must be serious! Kane grizzly told his brother that it was none of his business, leading 'the Deadman' to tell him that that was fine. But the Undertaker warned Kane that if he tried to mess with him tonight, there would be hell to pay. Kane remained, surely conflicted between his brother and the Chairman.
5) Chris Benoit (c) vs Tazz went to a double count-out; Chris Benoit retains the WWF Intercontinental Championship (5:11) 'The Canadian Crippler' certainly kept himself occupied despite an unfortunate elimination from the King of the Ring tournament in the Semi-Finals last night. Narrowly losing to Eddie Guerrero infuriated 'the Rabid Wolverine', which caused Benoit to assault Guerrero after the match with the dastardly Crippler Crossface; an injury sustained that would be the contributing factor to cost 'Latino Heat' the tournament in the Finals. But tonight he faced a familiar foe in Tazz. 'The Human Suplex Machine' and Benoit had met in the past, and just like then, both men dished out the suplex attempts just to find them reversed. The two hit each other hard, with a T-bone suplex actually managing to give Tazz control. Benoit fired back, and Chris was actually able to counter a Tazzplex into a Crippler Crossface attempt - blocked by Tazz - but a German suplex followed for a near fall! The fight spilled out to the floor with these two going at it: when Benoit side-stepped a clothesline and sent Tazz over the barricade! Benoit joined him, and these two men started dueling it out in the front row: both men being counted out!
Tazz and Chris Benoit had fought to a draw, and despite both men's fighting spirit, Chris Benoit was the man that was able to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship! Not like 'the Human Suplex Machine' cared, as he picked up a fan's steel chair and slammed it down across the spine of 'the Rabid Wolverine'. But Benoit came back with a low kick and returned the favor. The referee went out into the crowd in an attempt to get between these two brawlers, when in the exchange Tazz swung for Benoit who ducked: a fan getting knocked unconscious by Tazz! Benoit escaped the scene of the crime while the fans around the scene groaned - the official checking on the fan while a clearly miffed Tazz looked on in mild concern!
Backstage we went to the restroom facilities of the Centrum, where WWF Hardcore Champion Perry Saturn entered looking to use the urinal. Saturn wore the title around his waist while he took a tinkle, but as Saturn finished up and began washing his hands, he couldn't help but catch a glimpse of himself in the reflection. Saturn flexed, when all of a sudden Al Snow snuck in behind him! Snow surprised Saturn with a series of right hands: Snow's intentions made clear last night at King of the Ring! Snow sank Saturn's head beneath the taps with Saturn screaming about the cold water, before Snow rammed his skull into the porcelain sink! Snow covered for a near fall, when all of a sudden Crash Holly dove out of one of the toilet cubicles at Snow! Crash and Snow now duked it out, allowing Saturn time to drag his title out of there, enduring the full effects - both last night and tonight - of the 24/7 rule!
During the commercial break we went to the crowd of the Centrum, where the referee and several members of the medical team were on hand to attend to the fan that had been punched by Tazz during the wild brawl with Chris Benoit. The fan had a notable shiner on his face and was extremely emotional about the incident, with the fan getting a torchlight shone on him.
Back live Edge and Christian made a cocky wander down to the ring to a loud chorus of boos from the Worcester, Masssachusetts crowd. The WWF Tag Team Champions' attack earlier tonight on the Dudley Boyz was documented, as the overconfident Canadians stepped foot in the ring to take to the microphone. Christian greeted all of their fans in Worcester tonight, before cutting straight to the chase. He claimed that they all knew they were the greatest WWF Tag Team Champions in sports entertainment today, and that wasn't a huge shocker. Edge told the people to admit it, they had beaten the Hardy Boyz, they had beaten Too Cool. Christian then added, joking about the prospect of people seriously thinking the Dudley Boyz were in their league! Edge laughed about how it wasn't like the Dudleys won the Triangle Ladder match at WrestleMania, and just because they put D-Generation X through some tables last night, they get a title shot? Edge and Christian allowed the fans in attendance to take flash photography, when the Dudley Boyz power-walked to the ring, ready to get them some more of the champs!
6) Edge and Christian (c) def. The Dudley Boyz to retain the WWF Tag Team Championship (4:54) With both teams coming off of big wins at King of the Ring last night, there was a lot more than just tag team supremacy at stake. The WWF Tag Team Championship was on the line, and with Edge and Christian having just beaten Too Cool to retain those titles last night, they were proving to be fighting champions. The Dudley Boyz started off hot following the attempted ambush by the champs earlier tonight, with Bubba and D-Von connecting with a double flapjack to Edge! A reverse 3D connected on Christian, when Bubba fell victim to the antics of the WWF Tag Team Champions: Christian distracting him and allowing Edge to come in with the spinning wheel kick. D-Von wanted the tag and Edge and Christian both gloated that fact in his face, while the Canadians had fun with Bubba. A double DDT got a near fall, when E&C decided to really rub it in: teasing a Dudley Death Drop of their own! They tried, but Bubba gave Edge a neckbreaker instead; and the tag was made! D-Von ran wild with flying back elbows to both men, but when the numbers game grew too strong, Bubba came in to reinforce control. The Dudley Boyz tried Wazzup! on Christian, but Edge knocked D-Von off the top rope to the floor, before sliding inside and connecting with a spear to Bubba: Christian covering with his feet on the ropes to steal the win!
Edge and Christian slid out of the ring just in time, with D-Von coming in for more shortly behind them. The WWF Tag Team Champions' claim was more legitimate than they had made seem prior to the bell, but it still had taken cheap tactics to beat the Dudley Boyz in this title defense tonight. Bubba Ray and D-Von clearly wanted another piece of Edge and Christian, who high-fived on the rampway in victory.
In the locker room area, cameras caught up to several security guards barging into a room containing Tazz, freshening up following a hard-fought brawl with Chris Benoit. 'The Human Suplex Machine' asked security if they had ever heard of privacy, but the security team were in fact there to escape Tazz out of the building! Tazz asked what this was all about, saying that the fan was fine wasn't he? They revealed that the fan was considering pressing charges, which was something the Centrum didn't need! Tazz fired back, telling them that maybe they should have done their jobs. Ultimately he complied to security's request and was escorted out of the room, where Chris Benoit could be seen laughing at Tazz's expense! The WWF Intercontinental Champion exchange a glare with Tazz, who told Benoit he would love to smack that smile off of his face. Tazz continued to be escorted out, while Benoit laughed about the incident with the fan!
The World Wrestling Federation Champion The Rock was seen standing beside Michael Cole in the interview area, with the fans in the Centrum going crazy for 'the People's Champ'. Michael wanted to discuss last night's epic Triple Threat match encounter that saw Rock overcome the Brothers of Destruction, and Rock declared that finally the Rock had come back to Worcester! Basking in the distant chants of "Rocky", the WWF Champion began to talk about how last night came another foolish attempt by the world's biggest assh*le Vince McMahon, daring to dethrone the Rock of the most coveted prize in the business! 'The Brahma Bull' took 'the Big Red Jabroni' and his brother 'the American Jackass', and he shoved their heads straight up their own asses, and when it was all said and done, the Rock was able to walk out the WWF Champion! Cole asked him about tonight's tag team main event - wanting to know who Rock had nominated to be his tag team partner - but Rock raised a palm in his face. Rock told Michael that it didn't matter who his partner would be, because like last night's glorified Handicap match, the Rock would layeth the SmackDown! on both the Brothers of Destruction's asses: if you smell what the Rock is cookin!'
Meanwhile the Brothers of Destruction were spotted walking down the corridor. Kane and the Undertaker actually walking down the same corridor, side-by-side ahead of this huge main event. There had to be a lot running through 'the Big Red Machine's mind, with the question being whether or not Kane was a team player under Vince McMahon's influence or not! We were about to find out, when the Undertaker and Kane face WWF Champion The Rock, and whomever his partner may be - next!
Back live on RAW is WAR, it was time for our tag team main event! The Brothers of Destruction made their way down the rampway to a big response - the rare sign of seeing the Undertaker and Kane walk side by side to the ring! Kid Rock played them to the ring, with 'the American Badass' and 'the Big Red Machine' stepping inside the ring where Kane set off hellfire and brimstone from the ring posts! The two waited in anticipation as Vince McMahon could be seen watching from the dressing room beside Triple H and a visibly annoyed Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley. After moments of waiting, The Rock finally blasted his way onto the stage! The WWF Champion was here to combat the two brothers for a second night in a row, but despite 'the People's Champ's claims moments prior of not needing a tag team partner, he paused at the bottom of the ramp. Rock waved back, and with that came a countdown which led to Chris Jericho making his way down the rampway! Y2J was here, and 'the Game' was seen looking p*ssed in the dressing room!
7) WWF Champion The Rock and Chris Jericho def. The Brothers of Destruction by disqualification (8:18) The Rock had opted Chris Jericho to be his tag team partner against the Undertaker and Kane, and after Y2J's match against 'the Big Red Machine' last Thursday night on SmackDown!, it was obvious to see why. After the Rock's victory last night as well as Chris Jericho's against Triple H, the two King of the Ring match winners were up against the Undertaker and Kane, in the brothers' first match as a tag team unit! There was much to look out for, but early on Y2J was forced to try and combat the monstrous Kane: and despite his opponent's quickness, 'the Big Red Machine' was able to swat Jericho out of the air with a huge uppercut! 'The American Badass' and Kane worked cohesively early on with the McMahon-Helmsley Faction watching intently from the dressing room: Vince McMahon more than anybody. Rock rallied the fans behind Y2J, but despite Jericho's attempts, Undertaker delivered a series of huge elbows in the corner. Undertaker pummeled Jericho with fists, and an Old School connected, but soon when Kane tried a flying clothesline Jericho caught him mid-air with a dropkick, allowing Rock to get the tag! Rock ran wild on the Brothers of Destruction; a Samoan drop to Kane and a spinebuster to the Undertaker! Rock was prepared for the People's Elbow, when Triple H came stomping down to the ringside area! As Rock connected with his signature move on 'the Deadman', he jumped Y2J at ringside - the official calling for a disqualification when Rock had Undertaker pinned!
'The Game' continued to batter a wounded Chris Jericho and then the Rock after the match, as Kane re-emerged in the ring. 'The Big Red Machine' appeared to be sizing up the Undertaker upon orders from Triple H as Vince McMahon plodded out to the ring; but when the Undertaker rose, Kane grabbed Triple H by the throat and dropped him with a thunderous Chokeslam! Undertaker glanced at his brother in surprise, as Vince angrily stomped into the ring! The Chairman got in Kane's face; practically screaming at 'the Big Red Machine', and slapping him across his masked face!
That was the moment where Vince realized that he had done wrong, as he looked around and saw Kane glaring back at him. The Undertaker was glaring at him. The Rock was glaring at him, as was Chris Jericho! Vince had nowhere to run, and with no McMahon-Helmsley Faction surrounding him, Kane grabbed the Chairman by the throat and drove him down hard with a Chokeslam! Kane set off his pyrotechnics, as the four WWF Superstars celebrated holding their heads high! Kane's alliance with the Chairman was done with, but at what cost? What was Kane's secret that Vince McMahon was planning to reveal? And how would the McMahon-Helmsley Faction rebound from this?
SmackDown! - June 29, 2000 Hartford Civic Center in Hartford, Connecticut Broadcast on UPN Taped June 27, 2000
A video package aired, taking a look back at what transpired this past Monday night on RAW is WAR. Saddened by the loss Kane and the Undertaker suffered at the hands of the Rock at King of the Ring, Vince McMahon set out to threaten 'the Big Red Machine' to turn on his brother in a match against the World Wrestling Federation Champion and Chris Jericho later that night. The two men worked together cohesively, and although the tag team encounter would end at the hands of Triple H attacking Y2J - who outsmarted and beat 'the Game' twenty-four hours earlier - the Brothers of Destruction reunited. Vince McMahon found himself left in laying, while the Rock, the reunited Undertaker and Kane and Chris Jericho stood tall.
The opening video package aired, bringing us to the Hartford Civic Center where pyrotechnics exploded across the stage; the building filled with excited people for SmackDown! seventy-two hours following a spectacular King of the Ring! Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler introduced us to the show, where tonight we will see T&A and Val Venis team up to take on Chris Jericho and the Hardy Boyz!
But kicking things off came Eddie Guerrero and Chyna to a huge response from the crowd here in Connecticut. WWF European Champion had his arm wrapped in bandages, but was here tonight to respond to the challenge of Lance Storm made this past Monday night on RAW is WAR. 'Latino Heat' told the people that he may have let everybody down at King of the Ring, but he wanted the whole world to know that he went down fighting with everything he had against Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle! 'Mamacita' did not look pleased as her boyfriend spoke out about how he received a challenge by a Mr. Lance Storm. Eddie asked the people if they even knew who Mr. Storm was, but he was challenged by him for a shot at the WWF European Championship: but he doesn't have the ancestors from Spain like he does! Eddie hilariously questioned whether Canada was even a part of Europe, but one thing remained is that whether he was injured or wasn't: he was going to ship him back to Calgary tonight! Eddie set off for the ring, bad arm and all, while 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' tried to talk strategy with an overly confident 'Latino Heat'.
1) Lance Storm def. Eddie Guerrero (w/Chyna) (c) to win the WWF European Championship (3:46) Eddie Guerrero had a heartbreaking night this past Sunday at King of the Ring. After putting on a clinic and managing to overcome Chris Benoit in the Semi-Finals, Eddie was brutally attacked by a disgruntled 'Rabid Wolverine' that would cost the WWF European Champion from becoming King of the Ring in the Finals against Kurt Angle. Lance Storm meanwhile challenged Eddie for the title after insulting him on RAW this past week - Lance none too happy after losing out on the Finals with a loss to Eddie in the Quarter-Finals. Eddie tried to fight with one arm, but against a technically skilled Storm, the Canadian challenger was able to quickly pick up on it and ram Eddie's shoulder into the ring post! Storm went right to work on dissecting the arm, but Chyna's presence enabled Eddie to keep on fighting. He made a one-armed comeback with a flying headscissors, and even attempted to try the Gory Special just to succumb to the agony of his shoulder! Storm capitalized, with a Super Kick giving him the title!
We had just witnessed the end of 'Latino Heat's reign as WWF European Championship, to the newcomer Lance Storm tonight to kick off SmackDown! Storm raised the title up with a look of heavy pride on his face while Chyna attended to a screaming Eddie Guerrero, who groaned in pain on the canvas. Lance had been a part of the World Wrestling Federation for little over a month, and was already the new WWF European Champion!
In the parking lot Triple H was joined by Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, X-Pac and Road Dogg as D-Generation X made their way from the DX Bus. The faction remained silent, perhaps as a result of their streak of bad luck already in effect spanning the last few days. They were approached by Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco who wanted to warn DX personally that Vince McMahon was already in the building, and that the Chairman was in a foul mood! 'The Cerebral Assassin' laughed in the Stooges' faces, telling them that Vince had some nerve, with his false promises and failure to deliver. Triple H warned them he'd speak to Vince himself!
Back on SmackDown! Vince McMahon was seen making his way down the rampway to the ring. The Chairman - in his first appearance since last being seen getting laid out at the hands of the Brothers of Destruction on RAW - was not in a pleasant mood as foretold by Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco moments ago. Despite that, Vince got on the microphone and told the people of Hartford that he knew full well what these people were thinking. They were all thinking that the Brothers of Destruction were back, that the Kane they knew and loved was back, and what happened to Vince McMahon last Monday night was the greatest thing to ever happen! But Vince told the people that their little opinions and unimportant tales didn't mean cr*p, because it would not have happened had the McMahon-Helmsley Faction had a set! Vince demanded the Faction made their way out to the ring, that their family all make their way out to the arena: because the boss demanded answers from them all! Triple H and WWF Women's Champion Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley were out first, flanked by X-Pac and Road Dogg, as well as a concerned Shane McMahon and Kurt Angle. The McMahon-Helmsley Faction joined the Chairman in the ring, where Vince lined them up and demanded to know where the hell it all went wrong!
But before Vince could continue further, Triple H swiftly took the microphone from his father-in-law, telling him that he knew all along that there was only one person in this "family" that was to gain from King of the Ring, and it was Vincent K. McMahon! 'The Game' explained that Vince had been through it all, he had Kane and he was working on getting the Undertaker too. Vince had them out to take the Rock's WWF Championship, so that he could rule over the company all by himself! But that's where it all fell apart, didn't it: because Vince's boys failed. The Brothers of Destruction turned on him, and there's a reason for it - because Vincent K. McMahon could be summed up as one word: "an assh*le!" The fans chanted the slur at the Chairman, who simply gulped as Triple H and D-Generation X climbed out of the ring and left the faction behind! 'The Billion Dollar Princess' took over and told her dad that she was sorry, but he wanted them to do something they could not condone. Going up against the Undertaker and Kane? With the dirt that they have on such a monster like 'the Big Red Machine? She had too much history with the Undertaker, and she was scared of what Kane would do to her too. Vince continued to bite his lip, left with Kurt Angle and son Shane McMahon in the ring.
He asked the two if they were to step up to the plate and support him or not, to which the King of the Ring spoke up. Kurt told Vince that for the record, what he thought Vince was doing was commendable. He was a class act of an employer, and someone he was proud to look up to! And what he had to endure, both at King of the Ring and the next night on RAW? It reminded him of the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta! Kurt told Vince that he was with the boss all the while, even patting Shane on the shoulder and telling him that they both were, to which Shane hesitantly took the microphone from the Olympic Gold Medalist. Shane told Vince that he should know better than anybody that he will always be on his father's side. They may fight and they may bicker, but he loves him very much. For a moment it appeared that Vince's bad week may have taken a turn, but Shane would continue by telling his father that this has gone on long enough and he could not stand beside Vince against the Brothers of Destruction any longer! Shane left, leaving Kurt and Vince stood in the ring. The King of the Ring was indecisive about whether to follow Shane or stay with Vince, but ultimately Kurt climbed out, leaving a devastated Vince alone in the ring! McMahon pleaded with the McMahon-Helmsley Faction to come back: with Vince no longer having a family to support him!
Meanwhile, the Undertaker and Kane were seen watching what had just gone down in the ring in the backstage area. 'The American Badass' commented on how Vince McMahon was all on his lonesome now, meaning that his brother could relax knowing that if the boss ever let slip of whatever secrets he had on 'the Big Red Machine', he would undoubtedly find himself out on his ass like on RAW! Kane remained silent, continuing to stare at the television monitor. Will we ever find out what the Chairman knows?
WWF Tag Team Champions Edge and Christian were in the locker room area reading the latest issue of WWF Magazine, where the two joked about a centerfold dedicated to the Dudley Boyz. Christian lamented that they beat D-Von and Bubba Ray on RAW, and questioned why the editors didn't bother to ask them - the reigning, fighting WWF Tag Team Champions - to give them a Five Second Pose. The Canadians were soon joined by a deflated Shane McMahon and Kurt Angle, to which the King of the Ring wanted to know why Shane walked out on his father moments ago - Kurt could take the Undertaker and Kane! Edge, Christian and Shane tried not to laugh, as Shane instead told Kurt to focus on the matter at hand. Tonight he faces Rikishi, and what he wanted him to do to the big man tonight was make him pay for what he did to Shane O'Mac at King of the Ring. Make him pay for what he did to his King of the Ring Coronation Ceremony on RAW: Shane wanted Kurt to take 'Big Kish' out! Angle nodded in agreement with a shot at revenge in mind.
In the building the APA were making their way to the ring for tag team action against their rivals, B&B Security. Bradshaw and Faarooq were prepared to compete for the first time in little under a month, following their return this past week on RAW is WAR. Soon came B&B Security, who had microphones in hand, and did not appear to be prepared to fight the APA here tonight! The Big Bossman called them punks that did not deserve to be in the same ring as them. After all, they overtook their business! Bull Buchanan added that the Acolyte Protection Agency was a joke, and they had clients to protect tonight. Bossman introduced the men that hired B&B Security's services for the evening: the Headbangers!
2) The APA def. The Headbangers (w/B&B Security) (2:32) In the APA's absence, it was questionable whether B&B Security were in actuality a better protective service than the Acolyte Protection Agency. But after overtaking their business and taking over their office, Bradshaw and Faarooq made their return to RAW is WAR this past Monday night, and upon taking back their office, it appeared that they had a lot of unfinished business with the Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan. Mosh and Thrasher had B&B Security behind them in this match, and despite the former WWF Tag Team Champions trying to bring the fight to Faarooq, Bradshaw would get the tag and run roughshod over the two metalheads! Faarooq connected with a Dominator on Thrasher, when Bossman climbed onto the apron to distract the official! Buchanan slid in and aimed for Faarooq with an axe kick, just to get a Clothesline From Hell from Bradshaw - and the APA would put Mosh down for the count with a double powerbomb.
The APA had their hands raised as victors in what was a decisive performance against the Headbangers - despite the attempts of sabotage made by B&B Security! The Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan talked trash to Bradshaw and Faarooq after the match, with the APA challenging B&B Security to get in and fight them here and now - but Bossman and Buchanan instead decided to leave, not wanting any of their competitors.
Steve Blackman was shadow-boxing in the backstage area, with the former WWF Hardcore Champion set to meet his former partner Al Snow tonight after Head Cheese's unsuccessful attempts to claim the title from Perry Saturn this past Monday on RAW. He was joined by Al Snow, which caused 'the Lethal Weapon' to grow weary of Snow showing up. Blackman wanted Al to leave knowing that they were meant to fight tonight, but Al told Blackman that he was taking this very seriously. Al didn't want Steve to go easy on him because they were tag team partners, because he was fully capable of fighting him! Snow then told Blackman that he had his martial arts sticks and his Singapore cane: but Al knew exactly how to counter those things: pulling a medieval sword from behind his back! Snow commented on how awesome it was, to which Steve told Al that he wouldn't use that in a match - he wasn't even holding the sword properly! Blackman left, muttering that Al was ridiculous.
Returning to SmackDown! Ivory was backstage stretching on a night where she would see singles action, when in walked Terri to complain about how the Kat humiliated her on RAW last Monday night. 'The She-Devil' moaned about being stripped down to her bra and panties, and how much she hated having to take her clothes off for those pigs in the audience! She claimed that despite this she was not surprised, noting that she was a much more gorgeous girl than that trailer park hick. Ivory concluded her pre-match training regimen to assure Terri that tonight she would make a woman out of that Kitty.
3) Al Snow def. Steve Blackman (3:25) The two men that formed one of the odder tag team combinations in recent memory were set for singles action tonight, which came about following the ever-crazed 24/7 rule, situated around the WWF Hardcore Championship. Al Snow even brought his medieval sword out to ringside with him to counteract the use of 'the Lethal Weapon's martial arts weaponry. Early on both members of the defunct Head Cheese traded holds, with Snow managing to ground Blackman with his matwork, just for Steve to fire back with the use of his lethal kicks - a powerslam giving Blackman a near fall! But midway through the match came WWF Hardcore Champion Perry Saturn, who stomped out to the rampway with a live mic in hand! Saturn told the Hartford crowd that it was asinine to think that these chumps could ever beat him, and repeated that Perry Saturn was hard to the core, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week! Meanwhile in the ring, Al Snow caught Blackman with a Snow Plow to pick up something of an upset!
The distraction provided by the WWF Hardcore Champion had successfully cost Steve Blackman this match, and Perry Saturn watched on with a look of indifference on his face. Al Snow's hand was raised in victory, when all of a sudden Crash Holly came from behind with a roll-up on Saturn on the rampway - just to get a near fall! Crash and Perry traded blows on the ramp, with the 24/7 rule in full effect: but Al Snow ran towards them with the medieval sword in hand! Saturn and Crash ran for cover, while Snow wildly waved the sword around high! Just when you thought Al Snow could not get any wilder, he thinks he is now a knight!
Backstage X-Pac and Road Dogg were seated discussing the problems surrounding the McMahon-Helmsley Faction. Road Dogg could not understand why Vince McMahon was making such a big deal about this - it wasn't his first rodeo with the Brothers of Destruction. But X-Pac told his buddy that it was none of their business: if anybody should be WWF Champion, it should be Triple H! Up walked Vince McMahon who wanted to take the time to talk to D-Generation X, with X-Pac and Road Dogg reluctantly listening to what the Chairman had to say.
Elsewhere the Hardy Boyz and Lita were spotted walking through the backstage area, as Matt and Jeff told Lita that they wanted her to keep an eye on Trish Stratus at all times: T&A and Val Venis could not get the better of them like they did on Monday night. They were met by Chris Jericho, who greeted his tag team partners for the night positively. Y2J asked the Hardys and Lita if they were ready, causing Jericho to rally the troops: they were going to embarrass the nasty Trish Stratus! Six-man tag team action was coming up next.
In the heart of Times Square, WWF New York was full of life and excited to be watching SmackDown! in the restaurant. But the main attraction so it appeared was none other than tonight's special guests: Kaientai! Taka Michinoku and Funaki tried to converse with the fans, but the language barrier caused there to be much confusion as a larger fan assumed that the Japanese duo were making fun of his weight! Kaientai shied away in terror, as the fan came towards them.
4) T&A and Val Venis (w/Trish Stratus) def. Chris Jericho and The Hardy Boyz (w/Lita) (6:20) Of late Trish Stratus and her men have had their differences with the Hardy Boyz, with Lita becoming the focal point of much frustration from the talented young business associate. After the attack at the hands of T&A and Val Venis on RAW is WAR, the Hardy Boyz looked at Chris Jericho to help even the odds in tonight's six-man tag team bout. After Y2J's big victory against Triple H last Sunday night at the King of the Ring, Jericho started off hot against Test, with Jericho even making eyes at an angered Trish at ringside! Y2J was on a roll, causing T&A to butt heads in the corner before a tag was made to Jeff. Jeff tried to battle both behemoths, but a distraction from Val enabled T&A to take control: Albert catching Jeff with a powerslam in mid-air! Matt and Jericho tried to get the crowd in Hartford behind Jeff, when Trish distracted the official causing Jeff's tag to Matt to remain unnoticed! But Lita would drag Trish off the apron, causing both Divas to fight it out at ringside! The match continued, when Matt got the tag and looked to deliver the Twist of Fate to Albert, when Val Venis slid in with a low blow before taking out Jericho! T&A left Matt out cold with a Baldo Bomb and a diving elbow drop - giving T&A and Val Venis the victory!
Val Venis stood triumphantly with Test and Albert by his side, a big win tonight for the trio led by Trish Stratus, who was livid at the expense of a fight at ringside with Lita. T&A and 'Valbowski's victory however went short-lived, as Chris Jericho suddenly rushed the three from behind! Y2J was not going down without a fight, but after managing to take Val down with a clothesline, T&A ganged up on Jericho! Trish directed traffic, with Test drilling him with a big pumphandle slam! In the backstage area Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley was seen watching with a big grin on her face, while Triple H had his back turned to the television - preparing for his match with Kane later tonight - and it appeared that T&A and Val Venis had left their mark on Jericho in retaliation for the McMahon-Helmsley Faction!
Backstage Rikishi was seen squatting in preparation for his match with Kurt Angle, when Kevin Kelly arrived to get some comments from 'Big Kish'. He told Kevin Kelly that everything he did on Monday explained it all clearly. He wasn't here to show the Olympic Gold Medalist up, and he sure wasn't about to let this King of the Ring thing go to Kurt's head: because tonight he would shut 'the American Hero' up, and he knew for a fact that the world will rejoice when Angle's face is embedded deep in his butt! Rikishi set off for the ring, set for action.
We returned to SmackDown! to see Vince McMahon now present in the dressing room of 'the Game', where Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley appeared hesitant to talk to her father about what transpired earlier tonight in the ring. Vince told 'the Billion Dollar Princess' to level with her and understand it from his point of view. When he focused all of that time and effort on the Undertaker and Kane out to take the WWF Championship from the Rock, he did it for the good of the company. Not just the McMahon-Helmsley Faction, but it would have benefit her husband Triple H as well. Stephanie told Vince that Hunter had made his mind up already, and he was already mad about having to face Kane in the main event tonight. Vince reluctantly shrugged, told his daughter that he treasured her, and that he would go and speak to 'the Game' himself. The Chairman was trying to get the McMahon Family back on board.
Meanwhile B&B Security opened the door to their make-shift headquarters in the backstage area, to be greeted by the furious Headbangers. Mosh and Thrasher asked them what happened out there against the APA, that they hired the Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan to help protect them! Bossman questioned the audacity of the metalheads, when Buchanan turned to Bossman and told him that they coughed up their end of the bargain: besides, the Headbangers' money was in their pocket. Just then Buchanan and Bossman started hammering away at the Headbangers, sending Mosh crashing through their door! B&B Security stomped away, unhappy with the lack of appreciation shown by their clientele!
5) Kurt Angle def. Rikishi (4:17) The King of the Ring got quite a Coronation Ceremony this past Monday night on RAW is WAR. In the midst of Kurt Angle being crowned the King of the Ring by Shane McMahon, it was Rikishi who crashed the party, twenty-four hours after defeating Shane O'Mac live on pay-per-view. Shane McMahon feigned rib injuries, but it all turned out to be a set-up, and Angle left Rikishi laying beneath his pedestal causing 'Big Kish' to come into tonight, looking for revenge. Angle struggled early on and stalled for time at ringside, when Rikishi finally brought the fight to the Olympian, dragging him into the ring. A super kick set Kurt up for the Stinkface, but Angle came back with an impressive German suplex for a near fall! Angle tried to stay on top of Rikishi just to find himself hip attacked in the corner, which enabled Rikishi to plant the Stinkface on Kurt once more to the applause of the crowd! Rikishi wanted to try for the Rikishi Driver, but Shane McMahon trotted out to the ringside area, climbing on the apron! Rikishi went to get his hands on him, when Angle came from behind with an impressively strong Olympic Slam for the three!
Kurt Angle was victorious tonight in impressive fashion against the 400-pound Samoan, with even Shane McMahon shocked that the Olympic Gold Medalist could power Rikishi up in the air the way he did! Shane O'Mac enthusiastically raised Angle's hand, with the King of the Ring's momentum continuing. But you had to wonder whether Kurt and Shane's allegiance remained with Shane's father, Vince McMahon.
Backstage the new WWF European Champion Lance Storm was seen getting the plate replaced on the title gold, when Jonathan Coachman showed up to congratulate the Canadian on his win. Lance told Coachman that he didn't mean that, otherwise he would have been saying it before tonight! He told the Coach that he knew before anybody else did that he could beat Eddie Guerrero, and he proved that earlier tonight. It's unfortunate that 'Latino Heat' wasn't 100%, but that just went to show how smart Canadians were, and how stupid and pitiful Hispanics such as Eddie can be! Chris Benoit, a fellow Canadian, knew exactly what he was doing. And because Eddie is so stubborn, it cost him not just the title - but potentially his in-ring career! Storm concluded, telling Coachman that everybody needed to make way for Lance Storm moving forward: because he was "the Real Canadian Athlete" to beat in the World Wrestling Federation!
Following the phenomenal victory by Kurt Angle over Rikishi, during the commercial break cameras caught up to witness Kurt Angle and Shane McMahon walking triumphantly through the halls of the Hartford Civic Center, where Shane O'Mac yelled victoriously that Kurt Angle was the King of the Ring, and that everybody needed to keep an eye on the fastest rising Superstar in the World Wrestling Federation today! But Kurt and Shane's victory celebration would be halted upon the appearance of Vince McMahon, who congratulated Kurt once again. Angle enthusiastically shook his hand, when Vince asked the two if he could take a minute to speak with them. The three filed into a nearby room, all the while Shane O'Mac appeared disinterested by whatever his father had to speak to them about.
6) The Kat (w/Jacqueline) def. Ivory (w/Terri) (2:13) This past week on RAW is WAR, we witnessed a public humiliation as the Kat would strip Terri of her clothes during a match between Jerry 'the King' Lawler and Essa Rios. But tonight, 'the She-Devil' wanted her good friend Ivory to take care of the Kat in singles action: despite the Kat's limited in-ring experience. She did not come alone however, as Jacqueline would join Kat at ringside to fend off Terri at any given opportunity. Ivory was able to woman-handle Kat early, pulling her hair and even daring to spank her mid-ring to a huge ovation from the Hartford crowd. Kat got mad and fired back with angry slaps, and a schoolgirl gave her a near fall just for Ivory to take control again. Terri soon climbed into the ring as Ivory held her in place - but Jackie climbed in and tackled Terri down! Meanwhile Ivory went after Jacqueline, when Kat dropkicked Ivory into the corner and rolled her up again, this time scoring the three count!
The Kat jumped in joy up and down, managing to defeat the no-nonsense Ivory tonight on SmackDown! Despite this, Kat was confronted by an annoyed Terri, who slapped her right across the face! 'The She-Devil' began to pummel Kat with her high heels, ramming the heel right into the throat of the Kat! Terri refused to relinquish the dangerous hold, when Jacqueline came to Kat's aid: dragged Terri down by her hair! 'The She-Devil' rolled out as fast as she could, while Jackie tried to help Kat gasp for air after the uncomfortable chokehold Terri had on her.
A replay aired, recapping what went down between Chris Benoit and Tazz during their WWF Intercontinental Championship match this past week on RAW is WAR. During the brawl that ended the match in a double count-out decision, 'the Rabid Wolverine' and 'the Human Suplex Machine' would find themselves in the crowd, where Tazz inadvertently struck a fan causing Tazz to be escorted out of the building for questioning from security - all as a result of a deceitful Benoit! Earlier today Michael Cole took the time to ask the WWF Intercontinental Champion about the incident, and in response Chris Benoit didn't say a single word. In fact, all 'the Crippler' did was laugh about it!
The Undertaker and Kane were walking the halls, with the main event set to take place when 'the Big Red Machine' battles Triple H later tonight. 'The American Badass' told his younger brother that if Vince McMahon dares to even show his face during Kane's match, then he will be right there to make Vince regret it. Kane however raised his gloved palm towards his older brother. Kane assured him that he wanted Triple H to himself: and if Vince came out to get involved, he'd take care of the Chairman on his own. Personally! Kane left, leaving Undertaker to be pleasantly surprised.
Back on SmackDown! we witnessed Perry Saturn and Crash Holly in the middle of a fight in the stock room area of the Hartford Civic Center! The WWF Hardcore Championship was on the line in this 24/7 enforced environment, where Crash tossed a wooden stacking crate in Saturn's direction, before waffling him with a cardboard box marked "fragile!" They called him 'the Houdini of Hardcore' for a reason, but despite the pin attempt, Saturn would kick out! Holly attempted a suplex but Saturn was able to break free, knocking a shelving unit right on top of Crash! The WWF Hardcore Champion yelled that he was just another unworthy adversary, wandering off - leaving Crash helpless beneath the steel shelves!
In the building the Mean Street Posse were in the ring, Rodney, Pete Gas and Joey Abs receiving nothing but thunderous boos from the capacity crowd in Hartford. Rodney told the fans that this is what they didn't understand: they were Connecticut through and through! If anything, these people should be looking up to the Posse for coming from such a small town like Greenwich and making something for themselves nationwide! The people in Hartford continued to boo loudly, when all of a sudden pyrotechnics plummeted the stage, and out came the Dudley Boyz! D-Von and Bubba Ray were here for tag team action against the Mean Street Posse, and the Posse wasted no time in jumping the Dudleys upon arrival to the ring!
7) The Dudley Boyz def. The Mean Street Posse (w/Rodney) (2:07) The Mean Street Posse were not exactly favored in this tag team encounter against the two residents of Dudleyville, who were screwed out of winning the WWF Tag Team Championship three nights ago on RAW is WAR by champions Edge and Christian. Despite this, Joey Abs and Pete Gas went to work trying to make a name for themselves against D-Von and Bubba Ray, who responded with a variety of double-team attacks to combat the Greenwich-bred gang! Gas received a double flapjack, whereas Abs wound up finding himself getting the Wazzup! headbutt to the groin from D-Von, which allowed the Dudley Boyz to make short work of the Posse with a devastating Dudley Death Drop to Pete Gas. Rodney tried to climb inside and break up the pin attempt, but Bubba instead tossed him to D-Von, and the duo followed up with the 3D to Rodney for good measure! Bubba covered Gas, and this match was over!
The Dudley Boyz had their hands raised following a short affair against the Mean Street Posse, but Bubba Ray wasn't yet finished with the Posse. Bubba shoved D-Von Dudley, demanding that he get the tables, and D-Von complied! Rodney tried to sneak away from the action, but Bubba grabbed onto his foot! After setting up the table, Bubba climbed up to the second rope; D-Von passing Rodney along, and Bubba delivered a huge powerbomb through the table! Rodney got wood, and the Hartford crowd could not be happier about it.
In the McMahon-Helmsley dressing room Triple H was gearing up ahead of his match with 'the Big Red Machine' in just a few moments, when in walked Vince McMahon. Immediately 'the Game' was ready to leave for the ring, when his father-in-law was stern in demanding they talk this through. Vince wanted to tell 'the Cerebral Assassin' that this was all designed to benefit him in being able to recapture the WWF Championship, but Triple H barked back! He told Vince that it did quite the opposite: he was unable to challenge for the WWF Championship again, so long as the Rock was champ! And thanks to him, he's got to fight Kane and try and clean up his mess. 'The Game' threatened the Chairman, telling him that he better have something up his sleeve. Triple H left, leaving Vince perplexed by his son-in-law's words.
8) Triple H (w/WWF Women's Champion Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) def. Kane (8:22) With the craziness surrounding the Brothers of Destruction officially reuniting following their loss to the Rock at King of the Ring, the McMahon-Helmsley Faction were not looking so hot either. Vince McMahon had successfully managed to alienate his immediate family by daring to go to war with whatever secrets he has on 'the Big Red Machine'. And with tensions high between the Chairman and his son-in-law Triple H especially, 'the Game' was tasked the unenviable job of battling Kane one-on-one in tonight's main event. Triple H tried to fight Kane off early on, but in attempting to battle the seven-foot monster, 'the Game' was unmatched in terms of size, strength and power. Kane powered the former WWF Champion around the ring with a choke toss, and a sidewalk slam almost gave Kane the win when D-Generation X ran down to ringside in an effort to assist their leader. X-Pac and Road Dogg were swatted away from the apron by Kane, which allowed 'the Game' to take control of the match. He went to work on the leg of 'the Big Red Machine', but when he tried to apply a figure-four leglock on him, Kane booted him off into the corner and straight into a powerslam! DX got involved again, when all of a sudden the Undertaker came riding down to ringside on his motorcycle! X-Pac and Road Dogg ran away from 'the American Badass', while inside Kane flipped out of the Pedigree and readied himself for a Chokeslam! With Undertaker chasing DX up the rampway Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley climbed onto the apron to distract the official, when Kurt Angle came in through the crowd with a chair shot to Kane! Kane turned around and grabbed Kurt by the throat which enabled Triple H to chop block the monster in his bad leg: a Pedigree giving 'the Game' the win!
After the problems that had plagued the McMahon-Helmsley Faction earlier tonight, it appeared that all hands were back on deck as Triple H had defeated Kane, with the assistance of D-Generation X, his wife Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, and Kurt Angle! Angle nodded and grinned in agreement with the result, all the while 'the Game' had his hand raised by 'the Billion Dollar Princess', who smiled back at the King of the Ring at ringside. Kane was down and out, and D-Generation X - driven out of the arena by the Undertaker - were nowhere to be seen!
Backstage Vince McMahon watched with a huge grin on his face, as Shane McMahon stepped in beside the Chairman. Vince asked Shane if he had any part in this, to which his son conferred his involvement in helping Triple H win the match. The Chairman sighed deeply and placed his arm on the shoulder of Shane O'Mac, telling his son that he felt optimistic once again. That is until Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco entered the room; the Stooges delivering some bad news. They informed Vince that his wife Linda had called, and she would be present on Monday night! Vince's face dropped as he demanded he speak to her - but the Stooges said that she didn't want to see him until RAW!
Jakked - July 1, 2000 The Centrum in Worcester, Massachusetts Broadcast on syndication Taped on June 26, 2000
Jonathan Coachman and Michael Hayesare our announcers calling the action tonight on WWF Jakked.
1) Val Venis (w/Trish Stratus) def. Taka Michinoku (w/Funaki) (4:13) 'The Valbowski' had certainly kept busy as of late, between helping T&A defeat the Hardy Boyz this past Monday night on RAW is WAR, to teaming up with T&A to battle Chris Jericho and the Hardy Boyz two nights ago on SmackDown! With Trish Stratus at his side, Val Venis had singles action against the first ever WWF Light Heavyweight Champion tonight, and Taka took Val from his comfort zone early; a flying headscissors and a diving crossbody from the top rope almost giving Michinoku a big upset tonight. Funaki had the fans get behind his Kaientai comrade, but an Asai moonsault attempt to the floor would go awry as Val was helped out of the way by his business associate, Trish! Val was in control moving forward, with Venis cutting Michinoku off in a top rope frankensteiner attempt - the Money Shot giving Val the three count.
2) Steve Blackman def. Mideon (3:39) 'The Lethal Weapon's issues in trying to regain the WWF Hardcore Championship continued this past week, culminating in a sorry defeat at the hands of none other than his former tag team partner Al Snow this past Thursday on SmackDown! Tonight Steve Blackman was up for the challenge of bettering himself against the ever mysterious Mideon. The cultist threw plenty of haymakers in Blackman's direction, but Steve was able to bounce back without much of a problem with a series of kicks and strikes - soon finding himself down following a powerful clothesline! Mideon hammered on Blackman with some ground-and-pound striking, but Blackman was quickly able to slap on the guillotine choke out of nowhere, forcing Mideon into submission!
3) D-Lo Brown def. Jay Kidd (2:15) Things have not been going as pleasantly as 'the Bizniz' has anticipated as of late. D-Lo Brown however was looking to prove himself as player worth getting behind here in the World Wrestling Federation, and against the local talent Jay Kidd, tonight on Jakked looking to be a decent starting place. Despite this Kidd showing potential early on, a victory roll and a body slam followed up by a diving elbow drop attempt soon diminishing Kidd's opportunities at taking a huge victory away, over a re-focused WWF Superstar like D-Lo. Brown was aggressive while on the attack, and when Jay soon tried to free himself from a sleeper hold attempt, Brown caught him with the Sky High to give 'the Bizniz' a much-needed win.
4) WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Dean Malenko (w/Two Women) def. Thrasher (w/Mosh) (4:29) Dean Malenko may have been unsuccessful in his efforts last week to dethrone the now-former WWF European Champion Eddie Guerrero of his gold, but the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion was here to remind everybody the type of man he was, in action tonight against one-half of the Headbangers. And to boot, 'the Ladies Man' had two fine young women from a local bar in Worcester, Massachusetts with him tonight on Jakked - one of which appeared to actually take a liking to Mosh from the other side of the ring. While Malenko struggled with the larger Thrasher, Mosh appeared to be closing in on the two valets of the champ which annoyed Thrasher. This allowed Malenko to cut his legs out from under him. Thrasher was game and looking to seal the win with a powerbomb, but Malenko freed himself, and a Tiger Bomb connected which he transitioned into the Texas Cloverleaf, forcing Thrasher to tap out.
Dean Malenko celebrated with the two ladies following the match, the girls fawning over 'the Ladies Man's WWF Light Heavyweight Championship belt around his waist. Meanwhile Mosh could be seen having some stern words with Thrasher following another disappointing loss tonight on Jakked.
HeAT - July 2, 2000 Hartford Civic Center in Hartford, Connecticut Live on the USA Network Taped on June 27, 2000 (Matches)
A video package aired, reviewing what occurred this past Monday night on RAW is WAR between Chris Benoit and Tazz. In the midst of their WWF intercontinental Championship encounter, 'the Rabid Wolverine' brawled with Tazz out into the crowd of the Worcester Centrum, where a double count-out befell 'the Human Suplex Machine' from taking the IC gold. However in the mixup, Tazz found himself in some legal trouble, as Benoit would duck from a right hand that caused Tazz to punch a fan right in the face! Tazz was ejected from the building, and it was clear that 'the Canadian Crippler' was the man behind Tazz being held for questioning by city officials.
The opening video package aired, bringing us to the sight of fireworks going off in the centre of the ring: Sunday Night HeAT on the air emanating from Hartford, Connecticut! Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly welcomed us to the show, where the WWF Tag Team Champions Edge and Christian will be in the house.
1) Chris Benoit (c) def. Hardcore Holly to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship (3:51) Following 'the Rabid Wolverine's moral victory of sorts over Tazz this past Monday on RAW is WAR, something that Chris Benoit could not laugh at was the threat of his challenger tonight. Hardcore Holly was coming off of a tough loss at the hands of the now-WWF European Champion Lance Storm six nights ago on RAW, but tonight was a different night: tonight Hardcore Holly had the chance to become WWF Intercontinental Champion. Holly battled fiercely, with both men exchanging some hard chops to the chest. Holly was the tougher man physically, but Benoit responded by taking Hardcore to the mat, where an armbar kept the challenger at bay. Hartford Civic Center was behind 'the Big Shot', who used his fists to fire back, and a top rope attempt was cut off by a huge dropkick from Hardcore! Holly's time in control went shortlived however, as Benoit tripped him into the Crippler Crossface - yet Holly would not tap out - and Hardcore managed to reach the rope! Impressed, Benoit sized Holly up, and a bridging German suplex would give Benoit the three count.
'The Rabid Wolverine' had made his second successful title defense across a seven day span tonight on HeAT, despite the heavily motivated opposition brought on by Hardcore Holly. Chris Benoit had his hand raised, but as the WWF Intercontinental Champion left the ring and turned back to survey the pained 'Big Shot', Tazz suddenly stomped down behind an unsuspecting Benoit: Tazz locking in the Tazzmission! Benoit struggle as Tazz brought him down to the steel rampway, choking the champ out! It was clear the bad blood was yet to come between these two, as referees rushed to try and force 'the Human Suplex Machine' away!
Following the recap of him losing the WWF European Championship to Lance Storm this past Thursday night on SmackDown!, later that night Michael Cole was able to grab a few words from a disappointed Eddie Guerrero and Chyna, who simply watched on in concern for her boyfriend. 'Latino Heat' had his arm in a sling once again, as Eddie told Michael that he tried his damnedest to get the job done so that he and 'Mamacita' could go home and get the job done. But it wasn't enough, and it eats him up! Eddie stomped around, while 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' advised Eddie to rest his shoulder and heal up. Eddie was getting mad, and Chyna had to confront him and even slap him to calm him down! Chyna told Eddie again to rest his arm up, and then he could take back the gold. Eddie reluctantly agreed, telling Michael that he would be the champion of the continent of Europe once again - to mark his words!
Back on HeAT, cameras caught up to Tazz in the backstage area, moments after shocking everybody by his arrival to choke out Chris Benoit in the Tazzmission. 'The Human Suplex Machine' was arguing with two officials about his actions, justifying himself by telling them that the WWF Intercontinental Champion had it coming! Tazz told the staff that 'the Rabid Wolverine' wanted to laugh and joke about getting fans caught up in their business, so he gave him something to laugh about!
2) Scotty 2 Hotty (w/Grandmaster Sexay) def. Essa Rios (4:43) Essa Rios has been on a losing streak as of late, surely not helped by his losses at the hands of Jerry 'the King' Lawler in particular last week. But tonight Essa looked to counter-act Scotty 2 Hotty, who was eager to avenge the loss sustained by Too Cool at the hands of Edge and Christian last weekend at King of the Ring. With Grandmaster Sexay behind him, the Hartford crowd loved watching Scotty move early on, as in a fast-paced exchange between the two, the charismatic dancer moonwalked his way to the adulation of the people in attendance. Rios tried to replicate this by performing a standing moonsault - landing on his feet - before getting aggressive with his attack. An unwarranted baseball slide to an unaware Sexay got the crowd mad at him, but Essa's overzealous nature allowed Scotty to deliver a bulldog, following up with the beloved Worm for three.
Scotty 2 Hotty was victorious tonight on HeAT, and Grandmaster Sexay joined his Too Cool colleague in the middle of the ring to dance together. They may not be WWF Tag Team Champions right now, but they were still in the running and one day there would undoubtedly come a time where these two men would be crowned the champs.
Trish Stratus was stood with T&A and Val Venis in the backstage area, as the group discussed SmackDown! last Thursday night where her men defeated Chris Jericho and the Hardy Boyz in six-man tag team action. Trish was proud of Test, Albert and 'Valbowski', but she continued to whine about Lita's constant headache of an intrusion into what was their business. Trish mocked Lita's style and method of dress: comparing her to something a vulture would spit out! Stratus however told her boys that while they focus on getting the job done against Chris Jericho tomorrow night on RAW, she was putting out the challenge to Lita. She planned to step inside the ring for the very first time, and take that Latina garbage out where she belonged: in the trash!
Edge and Christian were seen arriving at the Hartford Civic Center earlier today, the WWF Tag Team Champions observing the framed photos of celebrities on the wall of the building. Edge ridiculed each and every one of them, even opting that they provide their own photo to commemorate the fact that they - the greatest WWF Tag Team Champions of the new millennium - even performed in this shoddy city! Christian laughed and pointed out a picture of the Hartford Wolfpack, asking Edge if he had a sharpie on him: these guys needed mustaches and stench lines!
In the building Dean Malenko was seen making his way down to the ring for competition, but before doing so it appeared that the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion had some comments for the people in attendance. Malenko spoke up with his rasped voice, telling the crowd that he truly didn't understand what was wrong with these people. They didn't have anything to offer him! He was WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, and a role model of a 'Ladies Man', something these people didn't grasp the concept of! Dean made jokes about the audience, even pointing out several unattractive women in the crowd when Jacqueline interrupted! Jackie climbed into the ring and was looking for a fight, causing Dean to laugh, mocking her for wanting to face him! Jacqueline soon snatched the mic and told Malenko to put up or shut up because she wanted the gold - causing Dean to laugh hard in her face! Malenko told Jackie he wasn't putting the title on the line: she was a girl living in a man's world! The WWF Diva responded by kicking Malenko low, immediately signalling the start of the match.
3) WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Dean Malenko def. Jacqueline (2:29) Dean Malenko may be a 'Ladies Man', but he sure was misogynistic in choosing to not defend the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship against the former WWF Women's Champion. Jacqueline had gotten off on the right foot so to speak, a low blow starting the match and allowing her to score a near fall on the champion in this non-title match! Dean was out of his familiarity in there with a woman, as Jacqueline bounced off the ropes with an armdrag and a hard kick to the chest that scored her another near fall. Despite this 'the Ladies Man' was able to grab her by the hair and slam her down, even daring to slap the Diva! Malenko started toying with Jackie, a bow-and-arrow as well as a Mexican surfboard stretch torturing her but not to the point of submission. Jacqueline was showing heart, and as Malenko had her on her knees with a handful of hair, Jackie defiantly shut the trash-talking champ up with a right hand, and a DDT almost gave her the win had it not been for Malenko's foot on the bottom rope! Jackie tried to follow up, but a hurricanrana went blocked into a powerbomb: Malenko covering for the three.
Dean Malenko had successfully beaten a woman, as Jacqueline recovered from this non-title loss tonight on HeAT. The WWF Light Heavyweight Champion smugly had his hand raised, while claiming his title. But before leaving 'the Ladies Man' had some more words for a disappointed Jackie, goading her with the title and assuring her that she would never take this title from him!
In the backstage area Chris Benoit was seen stomping through the backstage locker room area after what went down earlier tonight, demanding that somebody tell him where Tazz is! 'The Rabid Wolverine' had not taken kindly to 'the Human Suplex Machine' choking him out earlier tonight, and the laughter was over. Benoit threatened two local talents in the room and told them that if they find out where he is, he wanted to know where. For added effect, Benoit picked up a steel chair and tossed it at the lockers on the wall, making a sickening sound!
Returning to HeAT, WWF Tag Team Champions Edge and Christian were seen making their way down to the ring for their match, but upon arriving in the ring Christian took the time to personally address all of their fans in Hartford tonight. To the two Canadians, just the idea of coming from Hartford sent a shiver down their spines. And they aren't talking about the shiver that these people get when Eddie Murphy in Big Momma's House shows up on the big screen, either. Edge told the fans that they were here tonight on HeAT to issue a challenge, because it was something this city didn't deserve: but something Edge and Christian felt they owed. Which is why they were granting a title shot to two dudes that thought they escaped the wrath of the champs. That's right - they were talking to the Godfather and Gangrel! But it didn't end there, as Edge removed his shirt and revealed a puffed out white shirt - very similar to that of 'the Vampire Warrior's! Edge propped some fangs into his mouth, while Christian donned a green bowler hat and pimp cane: the champs having fun in their Five Second Pose tonight! It would not last long however, as Gangrel ascended from beneath the rampway while the Godfather emerged from the back with the Hos behind them: Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. here to get them some of the champs!
4) Edge and Christian (c) def. Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. (w/Hos) to retain the WWF Tag Team Championship (5:25) It was two weeks ago on RAW is WAR where the team Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. first made their appearance as a tag team, when Edge and Christian called for an open challenge for a shot at the WWF Tag Team Championship. Although the WWF Tag Team Champions escaped unscathed by the newly established tag team, it appeared that they weren't finished with the Godfather and Gangrel by a long shot, although the unorthodox pairing creeped out the champs early, giving them the home field advantage. Godfather attempted to go in with a hard-hitting strategy against both champs which would allow the Canadians to take control: a double back suplex allowing Edge to ground 'the Pimp Daddy' going further. Gangrel rallied the fans in attendance behind Fangin' and Bangin', which motivated Godfather to fight back: a belly-to-belly suplex catching Christian off-guard! The tag was made, and Gangrel ran wild on both of his former Brood proteges! Gangrel hammered Christian with punches in the corner, sidestepping Edge and following suit with the Impaler, as Godfather arrived to connect with the Ho Train to Christian! Edge and Gangrel remained inside, but Gangrel found out the hard way that Edge was not the legal man - as Christian slipped inside and planted him with an Unprettier for the three count.
Edge and Christian had successfully retained the WWF Tag Team Champions much to the dismay of the fans in attendance. The Hos at ringside did not look pleased with the revelation, but the Canadians stood tall while the Godfather and Gangrel remained down in the ring. Edge and Christian may be on top of the world right now, but who knows what new competition they may face in the weeks to come.
Cameras suddenly caught back up to Tazz and Chris Benoit fighting it out in the backstage hallways, as 'the Rabid Wolverine' must have finally come across Tazz! 'The Human Suplex Machine' was not about to take what the WWF Intercontinental Champion had coming his way however, as the two continued their fight despite the protest of the officials that quickly overtook the scene! This rivalry was heating up, with Tazz out for revenge against an equally p*ssed 'Canadian Crippler!'
RAW is WAR - July 3, 2000 TD Waterhouse Centre in Orlando, Florida Live on the USA Network
We open tonight's edition of RAW is WAR live from outside of the TD Waterhouse Centre, where a limousine was shown pulling up. The driver climbed out of the stretch-limo and opened the door, revealing the CEO of the World Wrestling Federation Linda McMahon stepping out! Linda thanked the driver for his services, as she arrived at the building here in Orlando, Florida - as promised last Thursday on SmackDown! - but what was the nature of Mrs. McMahon's visit?
The opening video package aired, bringing us to Orlando for RAW is WAR! Pyrotechnics exploded on the stageway, while the Florida crowd were amped for what would take place here tonight. Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler welcomed us to the show, addressing the arrival of the Chief Executive Officer being in attendance; but also tonight we would witness Too Cool and Rikishi take on Triple H, X-Pac and Road Dogg of D-Generation X! We were in store for an unpredictable night.
And kicking things off was Linda McMahon, who made her way down to the ring to a decent reaction from the packed house in Orlando tonight. The WWF CEO climbed into the ring with a smile on her face - clearly flattered from the response from these people. Linda told the fans that she heard it loud and clear when each and every one of them call her husband an "assh*le!" She also heard it loud and clear when they called her son a "p*ssy". But above all else, there was one thing she had to say on the matter of when it came to the McMahon-Helmsley Faction, and that was how her husband was not the same man he was all of those years ago. When she supported Vince with everything she had, and when their family put all of this on the line with WrestleMania after WrestleMania; the trial that almost destroyed their family; and in bringing the World Wrestling Federation into the 21st century: that Vince McMahon was a brilliant, brilliant mind. He was a creative genius, and someone that she was proud to call her husband. But unfortunately things have not been the same since the Chairman joined up with the children, and joined up with the Undertaker and Kane. She commented on how Vince had been spending more and more time out of the house, being more dedicated to screwing those of his employees he held disdain for; and on a personal note, being unable to deliver in their "personal life"!
The fans were shocked at the Chairman's alleged struggles in the bedroom, and suitably Vince McMahon quickly made his way out to the building to thunderous boos from the Orlando, Florida crowd! The boss received chants of "assh*le", but Vince was not about to hear any of it. McMahon began by refuting his wife's claim of being unable to perform, reminding everybody that he was 'the Genetic Jackhammer' for a reason! Vince climbed into the ring where he asked Linda to elaborate on where she was going with this. For a start, she hadn't been around in quite some time and whenever she does show up it appears to be for one reason: to rinse his bank account dry! McMahon stuck his face in his wife's face, to which Linda corporately responded by telling Vince that she's not here because she has a business to run: and that business is the World Wrestling Federation, if he is remotely familiar! The fans cheered, and Vince commented that this was the woman's problem in a marriage: they only ever thought about themselves. While Linda was hiding behind the scenes in Greenwich, Vince was busting his ass day-in and day-out to try and keep order in the WWF!
Despite this Linda disputed Vince's accolades in that department, listing his shortcomings in ensuring the failure of the Rock as the World Wrestling Federation Champion; stacking the odds at any given opportunity despite 'the People's Champ's undeniable popularity! And to look at the state of the McMahon-Helmsley Faction he operates within: they didn't even want to get involved against the Undertaker and Kane - two men that Vince was very familiar with. Linda cautioned Vince to get control of himself, and to give these people exactly what they want! The fans erupted, to which Vince told her he would prove her wrong, because tonight would see a huge tag team main event. In that match, there would be no disqualifications, no count-outs: and it would see the Undertaker and Kane team up as the Brothers of Destruction, against another powerful family: Vince and Shane McMahon! The fans erupted, as Linda appeared impressed by her husband's spontaneous decision-making. McMahon chuckled, telling her that he was full of them, and that when he was done giving the Brothers of Destruction what they deserve with his son by his side, maybe there would be another performance she could enjoy watching him deliver. The seductive husband wrapped his arm around Linda, who shoved him off and slapped him across the face! Linda wished Vince luck in his match before leaving - Vince in awe of what had just transpired, with a big main event coming up between two powerful families!
In the backstage area Triple H, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, D-Generation X and Shane McMahon were on the couch watching what had just gone down between Linda and Vince McMahon in the ring. Shane O'Mac watched on in fear, and Road Dogg even commented that Shane looked a little pale. The defiant son told the rest of the group that pale was an understatement: he didn't want this match! 'The Game' playfully asked Shane about when he pinned the Undertaker, but Shane stood up in frustration and told the McMahon-Helmsley Faction that this wasn't what he wanted! The rest of the regime laughed at Shane's expense, while Stephanie remained intimidated for her brother.
Back live on RAW is WAR, Vince McMahon was walking through the corridor holding his cheek in response to the slap his wife gave him moments ago. The Chairman was confronted by Shane McMahon, who asked his father what he thought he was doing! This wasn't just a tag team match against the Brothers of Destruction: there was no disqualifications, no count-outs! Shane accused Vince of losing his mind and signing not just his death warrant: but the both of theirs. Vince laughed, telling Shane that everything would be fine: they were going to kick the Undertaker and Kane's asses tonight! Vince left, self-assured, leaving Shane to shake his head in anger.
1) The APA def. B&B Security (4:02) Following the APA's return to the World Wrestling Federation last week on RAW, the Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan have found themselves with a rival organization in the field of offering WWF Superstars protective services. Bradshaw and Faarooq wanted to make sure B&B Security suffered tonight, but as Bossman and Buchanan got into the ring it was clear that this would be a hard-hitting affair. All four men started mid-ring with both teams fighting it out; this soon coming down to the APA delivering an assisted spinebuster to the Bossman. Buchanan came in illegally and caught Bradshaw with a diving clothesline off the top, which briefly allowed B&B to double-team the tough Texan. The Orlando crowd was rabid for the APA, and as Buchanan and Bossman looked to deliver a double-team powerbomb, Bradshaw fought out with clobbering blows to both men; the tag being made to Faarooq! In came the former All-American with clotheslines left and right. A spinebuster connected to Buchanan when Bossman tried to come in from behind, just for Bradshaw to enter the fray: and a double powerbomb on the Bossman gave the APA the victory!
The APA were successful in defeating B&B Security to kick off RAW is WAR, Bradshaw and Faarooq standing tall after a tough contest with the Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan. Bossman attempted to shake off the cobwebs after the match, but it was clear that Buchanan was none too happy with the loss endured tonight. Buchanan screamed at Bossman, and Bossman shoved his partner back - both men going head-to-head - an argument ensuing between the two founders of B&B Security!
We returned to the backstage area where Linda McMahon was returning to her limousine to leave Orlando. The CEO of the World Wrestling Federation did not appear pleased in the slightest with what had transpired, but she was stopped dead in her tracks by her son Shane McMahon. Shane asked Linda to do something about his dad: Vince was out of his mind! Shane warned Linda that Vince would need a tube to eat through after the Undertaker and Kane were done with him. And what about her own son? Shane pleaded with Linda, who was rapidly approaching her limousine. But before stepping inside with the assistance of the driver, she told Shane that this is why he was there: to make sure Vince learns of the errors of his ways. And if it means getting beaten to a pulp by the Brothers of Destruction: after all he put those boys through? Then so be it! Linda wished Shane luck as the limousine left, leaving Shane stranded with nowhere to run.
Back on RAW Terri was at a local nightclub wearing the same high heels she used to choke out the Kat last Thursday on SmackDown! when Dean Malenko showed up beside her. The WWF Light Heavyweight Champion thanked 'the She-Devil' for coming out with her: he really needed help picking and choosing the ladies tonight. Terri laughed, sipping her martini. But as Terri stepped off of the high stool, in her heels it was revealed that she was taller than 'the Ladies Man!' Terri hugged Dean and told him that they would go and find him some action.
2) Perry Saturn (c) def. Crash Holly to retain the WWF Hardcore Championship (5:17) Perry Saturn has been a fighting WWF Hardcore Champion since first winning the title last month from Steve Blackman. But despite this, 'the Houdini of Hardcore' Crash Holly has been persistent in his attempts at retaining the gold that was once his. Crash has been locked in a freezer room by Saturn, and last week on SmackDown! found himself beneath a steel shelving unit following a brawl with the self-proclaimed "Mr. 24/7". Saturn started off by using his size as an advantage against the scrappy challenger. A brainbuster would not put Crash down however, nor would a diving elbow drop. This caused Saturn to resort to the weaponry beneath the ring, and Saturn delivered with the presence of two kendo sticks, as well as a trash can. Crash came back by using the kendo sticks to stun Perry, before a bulldog with the ropes as an assisted springboard enabled Holly to get a near fall. A solid trash can shot connected for another near fall, when Holly reached for a stop sign, which allowed Saturn to plant him with a fishermen suplex right on top of the trash can to pick up the three!
Perry Saturn had his hand raised in dominance, another victory tonight against Crash Holly. The WWF Hardcore Champion was confident in his abilities despite a trying effort on the part of Crash.
Trish Stratus was doing stretches in the locker room area when Val Venis entered to greet with his business associate. 'Valbowski' asked Trish if she was ready for Lita tonight, to which Trish informed Val that she was more than ready. She was prepared. Because she knew exactly how deceitful a girl like Lita can be, dressing the way she does. Trish reiterated that this was her first time inside the squared-circle, and when it came to Lita: she was going to mop the floor with that horrid red hair of hers! Val chuckled, assuring Trish that he wanted to lend his moral support in the event her loser friends the Hardy Boyz make an appearance.
Meanwhile Edge and Christian were walking the halls, the WWF Tag Team Champions pondering who the heck authorized a number one contender's match between the Dudley Boyz and Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. Edge commented that these were two teams they had already beaten! Christian shared the sentiment that this was higher management's way of telling them that they were the most unbeatable tag team in the World Wrestling Federation today - but Edge told Christian that maybe this meant they involve themselves in their business!
Live on RAW is WAR Chris Jericho was seen taping his wrists in the locker room area, on a night where he was set to face T&A. But Y2J soon turned around to be confronted by none other than the World Wrestling Federation Champion, the Rock! 'The People's Champ' told Chris Jericho that they may make one hell of a team. They may have beaten the Brothers of Destruction last Monday night. But tonight, the Rock knows against T&A, that Chris Jericho had something else on his mind: and that was who the next number one contender to his WWF Championship would be following the Fatal 4-Way match this coming week on SmackDown! Rock warned Jericho that they don't see eye to eye, but the Rock can smell it from a mile away: so he has just one thing to say to Y2J: Just Bring It! Rock left, leaving Jericho smiling.
3) The Dudley Boyz vs Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. (w/Hos) in a Number One Contender's match ended in a no contest (4:22) With another shot at the WWF Tag Team Championship on the line for both of these teams, following each of their shortcomings against Edge and Christian last week on RAW is WAR, and last night on HeAT; the Dudley Boyz and the Godfather and Gangrel were vying for a shot to challenge the cocky champions this Thursday night on SmackDown! Bubba Ray and D-Von immediately went to work on Gangrel, but 'the Vampire Warrior' had some fight in him as a sit-out spinebuster allowed Fangin' and Bangin' to take control of D-Von early. Godfather and Gangrel worked cohesively as a unit, with Gangrel clotheslining him in the corner, followed up with the Ho Train. But D-Von soon reversed a double suplex attempt into a DDT to both members of Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. and a tag was made to Bubba Ray! Bubba ran through 'the Pimp Daddy' and gave the Bubba Bomb to Gangrel, when all of a sudden Edge and Christian charged the ring, attacking both Bubba and Gangrel!
The referee was forced to throw this match out, as the Dudley Boyz tried to compete with Edge and Christian - the Godfather and Gangrel also getting involved against the WWF Tag Team Champions! But the Canadian came back with a spear for Godfather, while Christian slammed a steel chair across the spine of 'the Vampire Warrior' - leaving the Dudley Boyz to try and fend for themselves against the WWF Tag Team Champions. Edge swung but D-Von ducked and attempted a 3D, just for Christian to slam the steel chair across his spine! He clocked Bubba across the skull with it, when Edge grabbed a steel chair of his own: and from there, a vicious double chair shot sandwich connected, brutalizing the ribs of Bubba Ray! The dastardly Canadians left the scene, chairs in one hand, and the Tag gold in the other!
Lita was jumping up and down in the backstage hallway in preparation for the big match against Trish Stratus in just a few moments, when the Hardy Boyz arrived to wish Lita luck. Matt and Jeff Hardy offered their support, knowing full well that T&A and Val Venis would be present at ringside. Lita thanked the brothers for their help, but told them that she felt like she had this in the bag. And when it comes to Trish, there is nothing she wanted to do more than knock her down to size, which she planned to do next. The trio fist bumped, as Lita set off down the corridor, set for the in-ring debut of Trish Stratus - her opponent - next!
Shane McMahon was storming back and forth in his office while the 2000 King of the Ring Kurt Angle was seen watching him. The Olympic Gold Medalist commented that watching Shane made him exhausted, and it was surely exhausting him too. Shane O'Mac turned to Kurt and asked the question again: why was his father doing this? Shane commented that he told his father loud and clear last Thursday on SmackDown! - he didn't want any part of the Undertaker, nor Kane! Shane was furious, especially regarding the no-disqualification rule enforced by the prideful Chairman, when he asked Kurt if he could help him out in any way: noting that Triple H and D-Generation X didn't want any part of the Brothers of Destruction either. Angle was in a tough spot, as 'the Olympic Hero' finally revealed that he was going to be busy, competing against Tazz tonight. Shane groaned, telling Kurt that there had to be a way around this.
4) Lita def. Trish Stratus (w/Val Venis) (2:31) Tonight saw the in-ring debut of the youthful and strategic Trish Stratus. The business associate of Test, Albert and Val Venis had recently found herself at the forefront of a rivalry budding between the Hardy Boyz and T&A, with the Hardys now having Lita on their side. And after Lita stood in the way of Trish getting involved in what was supposedly her business last Thursday night on SmackDown!, Stratus was ready to make her debut and teach Lita a lesson. The loyal Val Venis accompanied his associate to the ring, but early on Lita managed to take Trish down and hammer away on her until 'Valbowski' got on the apron. Lita slapped her, when Trish slammed her down with a handful of hair! Trish put the boots to Lita as Val distracted the official, but Lita came back with a Twist of Fate - known from the days of the Hardy Boyz! Lita only scored two, when Val grabbed the referee's foot and stood out on the floor full of himself: long enough for Lita to come out with a flying hurricanrana to Val off the apron! She returned inside to bodyslam Trish, and the Moonsault connected to give the redhead the three!
Lita scored the win tonight against Trish Stratus, in Trish's debut. She celebrated on the second rope, but what she did not realize was T&A making their way down the rampway, in a foul, foul mood! Test and Albert climbed into the ring as Lita spotted their arrival; trying to find a way out just to come face to face with Val Venis! Lita was stuck between a rock and a hard place, as Val grabbed Lita's hand before she could slap him: and Val tossed her to T&A! Albert delivered the Baldo Bomb to Lita, when the Hardy Boyz suddenly rushed down to the ring to fight off T&A and Val! Wisely the trio followed Trish's orders and bailed from the ring, leaving Jeff and Matt to attempt to a hurting Lita on the mat! They tried to give her some assistance in getting up, but Lita wanted none of it - wanting to stand on her own two feet! Maybe Lita was as extreme as the Hardy Boyz, as the Hardys and Lita pointed fingers at Trish, T&A and Venis!
Too Cool and Rikishi were in the locker room area with Kevin Kelly, with moments to go until their six-man tag team encounter with D-Generation X. Kevin asked the trio how they liked their chances going up against Triple H, X-Pac and Road Dogg, when Rikishi took the microphone from Kevin and told him that this was the moment they had been waiting for. He's gone toe-to-toe with 'the Game' time and time again. And on each and every night they have fought, somehow Triple H is able to run away victorious. But not tonight: because this was Too Cool's night to shine. And when it was over, there would be a party to end all parties! 'Big Kish', Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay would back it up, and all of Orlando was about to go wild.
In the heart of Times Square, at WWF New York we witnessed Dean Malenko and Terri still in the nightclub section where 'the She-Devil' introduced the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion to two girls that she'd met, that were just dying to meet 'the Ladies Man'. Malenko kissed one of their hands, charming the two while Terri appeared accomplished in what she had done. That is of course, until their party was crashed by the emergence of the Kat with a tray of drinks! Kat tossed the tray of Terri, soaking her hair and dress! She went down, and Kat immediately mounted her; going to town on Terri in retaliation for SmackDown! last Thursday night! Dean had to pull Kat off of Terri, who screamed in dramatic fashion: once again humiliated in public by the Kat!
5) D-Generation X def. Too Cool and Rikishi (5:38) Too Cool and Rikishi may not have been setting the world on fire as of late, given Rikishi's recent loss to Kurt Angle this past Thursday night on SmackDown!. On top of that, Too Cool were out of the WWF Tag Team Championship picture following an unfortunate loss to Edge and Christian back at King of the Ring, and yet tonight on RAW is WAR the dancing boys were ready to bounce back in big form. But up against Triple H, X-Pac and Road Dogg of D-Generation X, could it be done? Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay were able to get rolling early on, with double-team antics against X-Pac successful. Road Dogg however sneaked into the ring and clobbered Sexay with a clothesline, which in turn enabled DX to go to work on him. Triple H mocked Rikishi from the corner, as X-Pac and Road Dogg both put the boots on Sexay: the Bronco Buster connecting from X-Pac, just to add insult to injury. Despite this Rikishi would finally get the tag, and delivered in a big way with a Samoan drop to X-Pac; a superkick to Triple H; and a hip attack in the corner to Road Dogg! Rikishi delivered the Stinkface to Road Dogg when X-Pac and 'the Game' stepped in to combat 'Big Kish' two-on-one. All the while, Scotty 2 Hotty would get the tag and deliver a bulldog to X-Pac: the Worm incoming! He connected with it and Orlando went wild, when Triple H planted him with a Pedigree, to pick up the win for D-Generation X.
Triple H had his hand raised, D-Generation X having won this six-man tag team encounter with Too Cool and Rikishi. But X-Pac and Road Dogg weren't yet finished with the trio, as they put the boots to Rikishi and Grandmaster Sexay in the corner! Road Dogg even mocked Rikishi's Stinkface, much to X-Pac's personal amusement. DX stood tall over the fallen Too Cool and Rikishi, and yet 'the Cerebral Assassin's mind had to be elsewhere - still out of the WWF Championship picture.
Conspicuous by her absence in the arena, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley was spotted in the locker room area, where 'the Billion Dollar Princess' was in disbelief at the fact that Trish Stratus was not able to get the job done against Lita. The WWF Women's Champion brought up how Lita could have beaten her for the title just a few weeks ago, and yet even with the help of Val Venis and T&A, they couldn't get the job done against that pesky redheaded rat? She remarked how Test and Albert had to be ready for tonight, because they were going up against The Rock and Chris Jericho! She warned the mute giants that there would be consequences if they failed to beat the WWF Champion, and the grotesque Chris Jericho tonight before leaving the room. With Stephanie having left, Test quitely responded to the dressing down - calling his ex-fiance "a real b*tch!"
In the locker room area Tazz was with Jonathan Coachman, who wanted to speak with 'the Human Suplex Machine' about his return last Sunday night on HeAT following being questioned by local authorities for punching a fan. But before he could get a word out, Chris Benoit suddenly entered the room. The WWF Intercontinental Champion quipped that he didn't recognize what Tazz looked like without a bright orange jumpsuit - but then realized that's his everyday wear. Tazz immediately swung for Benoit, with Benoit fighting back! These two men had been at one another's throats for weeks, as Tazz rushed Benoit into the steel lockers on the wall! Referee rushed in to separate the two, with Tazz set to take on Kurt Angle, up next!
Back live on RAW is WAR Kurt Angle made his way out to the TD Waterhouse Centre in Orlando, to loud boos from the capacity crowd. The 2000 King of the Ring was not adorned in the crown nor robe seen from the official Coronation Ceremony last week on RAW, but Kurt did had a microphone to inform the people that their King of the Ring had arrived, and he just had to comment on what a disgrace Orlando, Florida was for not giving the King the rousing ovation he deserved! Angle marched down to the ring, talking about how he's added the King of the Ring throne to his trophy case, but now comes something bigger: something larger. Kurt told the fans in attendance that he would ask them what they thought, but at the end of the day, it's all about what Kurt Angle wants for himself! Finally Tazz coldly interrupted the Olympic Gold Medalist, and 'the Human Suplex Machine' stomped to the ring in a foul mood after yet another exchange with Chris Benoit.
6) Tazz def. Kurt Angle by disqualification (4:52) 'The Human Suplex Machine' was taken in for questioning by the officials of Worcester, Massachusetts last week after a fight against Chris Benoit led to Tazz decking a fan, but when Tazz returned last night on HeAT, it was obvious he was not yet finished with Chris Benoit. As for tonight however, Kurt Angle looked to continue moving forward by taking on the man that was the first WWF Superstar to beat him back at the Royal Rumble, Tazz. Tazz was in no mood for games, and after managing to outwrestle the Olympian early, Angle wisely took some time out on the floor. Kurt used Tazz's aggression against him, roping his throat across the top rope and connecting with a German suplex for a near fall. Angle put the hurt on Tazz with some clobbering elbows and even attempted the Crossface Chickenwing, but Tazz tossed Angle away! Tazz came back with a trifecta of suplexes, with a belly-to-belly suplex getting a near fall. Tazz was ready to seal the win against the 2000 King of the Ring winner, when Angle slipped free of a Tazzplex and hooked the Ankle Lock! Tazz tried to remain on his feet, and grabbed the top rope, before elbowing himself free and locking in the Tazzmission! Angle was trapped, and Tazz mounted him on the canvas with it when Chris Benoit returned: the WWF Intercontinental Champion stomping on the back of Tazz's head!
'The Rabid Wolverine' put the boots to Tazz on the canvas, when all of a sudden 'the Human Suplex Machine' started rising, tackling the WWF Intercontinental Champion down! Tazz laid into Benoit with rights and lefts when three police officers suddenly rushed down to the ring to stop Tazz from taking it further! Tazz was dragged off of them, causing Tazz to elbow one of the cops in the face, when Benoit low blowed Tazz! The two police officers handcuffed Tazz's arms behind his back, as Chris Benoit recovered from the beating. With Tazz in custody, the officers escorted him out from the ring; all the while Tazz was raging at Benoit for siccing the cops on him again tonight!
In the backstage area Edge and Christian were seen with the steel chairs they used on Bubba Ray Dudley in hand. The WWF Tag Team Champions were full of it following the beating they dished out on the Dudley Boyz and Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. Edge laughed about how they ought to call that chair sandwich something flashy, something cool. Christian suggested they call it "Chairs", after the popular sitcom based around a bar, but Edge told him he had it nailed down: the "Conchairto!" The Canadian dorkishly high-fived, when all of a sudden the Undertaker and Kane showed up! 'The American Badass' told the champs that it was real smart what they did to the boys out there, but with all of the trash they're talking about being the greatest tag team today? 'The Deadman' advised they watch their step. The Brothers of Destruction left, leaving Edge and Christian to appear intimidated of the two, with tonight's tag team main event looming nearer.
Coming back, cameras were on hand to witness what went down during the commercial break, as Tazz found himself being hauled through the backstage area by police officers! Following the attack on Chris Benoit, 'the Human Suplex Machine' was livid and demanding he know why he was being taken in! The cops threatened to tazer Tazz given his bad reputation, but ordered Tazz to be silent as he was being charged for laying a hand on the WWF Intercontinental Champion! Tazz got angry, causing two more police officers to show up and sit him down in the back seat of a police car. But as Tazz continued to argue with the drivers, Chris Benoit showed up at the scene - as smug as ever! As the police car pulled out and left the TD Waterhouse Centre, 'the Rabid Wolverine' laughed over the sound of the sirens - a set-up that Tazz will surely get revenge for as soon as he gets out of police custody!
We returned to the arena to see the new WWF European Champion Lance Storm stood in the center of the ring, as the brash Canadian told the people of Orlando that he'd taken this past weekend to truly get to grips with the United States of America. After all, the vast majority of the World Wrestling Federation's shows are held in this Indian burial ground! But the conclusion he came to when he spent these past few days in Orlando, visiting Universal Studios, and witnessing Disneyland in all of its glory: that there was a God-given reason he was the WWF European Champion - so he could show the entire world what being Canadian means! Lance once again spoke of the merits of being Canadian, and how living in a dump like America, in a cr*ppy hotel room in downtown Orlando was unbecoming of a premier athlete such as himself! Storm told the people of Orlando once more about the Great White, before ordering everybody to hush up and listen closely to the Canadian National Anthem! But as Storm got prepared to salute in a respectful stance, Eddie Guerrero interrupted! Out came 'Latino Heat' in an arm-sling, accompanied by 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' Chyna, here to crash the pro-Canadian party of the new WWF European Champion! Eddie asked Lance what the matter was, if he was homesick or something. Guerrero told him that if there was anybody that should feel homesick: it's him, ese! After all, he is Mexican - the home of lucha-libre, the home of the finest cuisine this world has ever seen, and the home of their rightful WWF European Champion!
Lance reminded Eddie that he lost his title last Thursday on SmackDown!, but acknowledged how Guerrero was so jacked up on painkillers from the separated shoulder that he expected him to be in a daze! Storm ordered Eddie out of his celebration, but Chyna took the microphone from her injured boyfriend. 'Mamacita' wasn't playing around, as she told Lance that he was real smart taking Eddie's injury so lightly, and isn't it fitting that a Canadian is the WWF European Champion after cheating by any means necessary to take a Mexican's title? Chyna declared that Eddie may be injured: but why doesn't Lance put that title on the line, not against a man like her 'Latino Heat', but a real woman like herself! Chyna looked down at the shorter Lance Storm, who told 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' that he refused to fight a lady, because that's not how they do things in Canada. Chyna and Eddie laughed, as Eddie mockingly applauded Lance on his professional conduct in the workplace, but Chyna then told Lance that she had something that might change his mind: a sharp elbow knocking Storm down! Chyna tried to attack Storm further, but the WWF European Champion was able to escape the ring! 'Latino Heat' may be injured, but 'Mamacita' was stepping up to plate: wanting her boyfriend's title back where it belonged!
In their own personal locker room Shane McMahon sat half-heartedly watching as Vince McMahon shadow-boxed. The Chairman asked his son how he was doing, whether he was doing just as the Undertaker throws punches. Shane told Vince that he didn't care, telling him that he still didn't understand why he was going through with this. Vince assured his son that he should be more optimistic. He's been in the ring with the Undertaker and Kane before: and as far as why he's doing this? There are parts of which he cannot even fathom explaining to his own flesh and blood - but when 'the Big Red Machine' betrayed him, he didn't just ruin his plan: he ruined his pride, his dignity! And if there was one thing that he wanted to do, was to rip that wretched mask from Kane's face and show the world the real 'Big Red Machine!' And when they do the unthinkable, and the Brothers of Destruction are defeated, he planned on revealing all of Kane's secrets to the World Wrestling Federation. Vince snickered loudly, leaving Shane to appear concerned about his father.
7) WWF Champion The Rock and Chris Jericho def. T&A (w/Trish Stratus) (5:22) It was high stakes for T&A following the lashing out of Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley earlier tonight, following Trish Stratus's loss at the hands of Lita. But right now Test and Albert were in for a true challenge in the form of The Rock and Chris Jericho. The World Wrestling Federation Champion was awaiting his next challenger to be decided this Thursday night on SmackDown! in a Fatal 4-Way match, but as for tonight, 'the People's Champ' re-enacted his team with one of his potential challengers, Chris Jericho. Y2J and Rock, after being victorious over the Brothers of Destruction last Monday night on RAW, were full of momentum, with Rock cleaning house of both studs early on. Y2J even shared a double-team attack on Albert, with Jericho soon bringing the fight to the six-foot-six 'Baldo'. Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley was seen watching backstage, as Test suddenly took Jericho's head nearly off with a big boot! T&A shared the punishment, dissecting the resilient Y2J who kept coming back after a powerbomb from Albert, and a pumphandle slam from Test. But finally, Jericho sidestepped sending Albert into Test in the corner; and Rock got the tag! The place erupted as the WWF Champion ran down both members of T&A, before putting Albert down with a spinebuster! 'The Brahma Bull' attempted the People's Elbow, when Val Venis ran down to ringside, just for Jericho to knock him back off the apron! Test came from behind, but Rock connected with the Rock Bottom for the three!
The Rock celebrated the win, another big win for the WWF Champion and Chris Jericho tonight over T&A! Trish Stratus sulked in anger at ringside, a terrible night for her faction with Test and Albert down. Y2J and 'the People's Champ' had their hands raised, but Jericho looked back at the Rock with watchful eyes: Rock knew that Chris Jericho had his eyes on the prize, with the Fatal 4-Way number one contender's match coming up on SmackDown! But just as Rock and Y2J exchanged words, Val Venis tried entering the ring once again, blasting Jericho from behind! Rock responded with a spinebuster to 'Valbowski', before hitting the ropes and delivering the People's Elbow! Rock left to the roars of the people in Orlando, as Y2J watched on knowingly.
Meanwhile backstage the Undertaker and Kane were spotted making their walk to the ring, the Brothers of Destruction with the prime opportunity to get their hands on the McMahon Family, whilst Vince and Shane McMahon were seen walking down another corridor. The Chairman carried a box marked "KANE", with plans to expose the truth about 'the Big Red Machine' upon victory tonight: it was time for the Brothers of Destruction against the McMahons - the main event coming up next!
8) The Brothers of Destruction def. Vince and Shane McMahon in a No-Disqualification match (5:29) After the past two months, it had all come down to this. 'The Big Red Machine' Kane shocked the world when he sided with the Chairman and the McMahon-Helmsley Faction, in a quest not just for the World Wrestling Federation Championship, but in a quest for Kane to find a real father figure in Vince McMahon. Ultimately, the return of his brother the Undertaker complicated matters, as Vince preyed both of the Brothers of Destruction against one another at first - soon together - once again to dethrone the Rock of the WWF Championship. However once the King of the Ring came and passed, it was the Rock still the WWF Champion; and Vince was left behind for a reuniting of the Undertaker and Kane. Vince came to the ring with a hesitant Shane McMahon, who did not want any part of this fight. But to the boss, this was about much more than the betrayal of 'the Big Red Machine'. The cardboard box of secrets marked "KANE" sat at ringside, with plans to unveil whatever was inside upon the McMahons' victory tonight, which proved to be a trying task. Vince immediately tagged out, and Shane was forced to engage with Undertaker. A hit-and-run strategy backfired, with 'the American Badass' quickly hammering on Shane in the corner! Kane tagged in, and quickly the Brothers of Destruction took to taking it in turns, punishing Shane O'Mac! The fans erupted as they chanted for Vince to come in, who quickly dropped down to the floor. As Shane suddenly caught Kane off-guard with a low blow, he planted him with a DDT. Vince got the tag and mocked Kane, kicking him in the ribs and mounting him for some rights and lefts. The McMahons were in control now, but it would not last as the Undertaker decided to break from the normal tag team rules; the no-disqualifications stipulation in full effect! Undertaker gave Shane a sidewalk slam, before laying his eyes and cornering Vince McMahon! But just when 'the Deadman' grabbed Vince by the throat, down ran Edge and Christian - the WWF Tag Team Champions armed with steel chairs! - The Canadians trying to pummel Undertaker in a two-on-one, just for Kane to fight them off with uppercuts! Undertaker and Kane sent Edge and Christian from the ring, before Undertaker caught Shane in mid-air off the top rope: a Chokeslam picking up the win!
The Brothers of Destruction had put away the McMahons in timely fashion, despite the unwarranted interference on the behalf of Edge and Christian! The WWF Tag Team Champions watched from ringside, as Vince McMahon knelt beside a fallen Shane McMahon - Vince catching a glance of 'the American Badass' and 'the Big Red Machine' cast a shadow over him. The Chairman cowered in fear, as Kane picked Vince up by his throat and powered him up: delivering the Tombstone Piledriver on the Chairman! Whatever secrets the boss had on 'the Big Red Machine' were to remain undiscovered, as Undertaker picked up the box from the ringside and promptly set it on fire in Kane's fireworks, atop the ring post! Undertaker and Kane stood tall, but the real question now was: where do the Brothers of Destruction go from here?
SmackDown! - July 6, 2000 National Car Rental Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida Broadcast on UPN Taped July 4, 2000
SmackDown! went on the air with footage taken from this past Monday night on RAW is WAR, showing the destruction that was unleashed on Vince and Shane McMahon at the hands of the Undertaker and Kane. With the Brothers of Destruction able to set the documented proof of who 'the Big Red Machine' was, on fire it appeared that the Chairman got what was coming to him. But after RAW went off the air, Vince was shown laying on the canvas in agony as he was helped out of the ring by multiple officials as a medical crew wheeled a stretcher down to the ring. The boss was taken out by the medic team, all the while there was no McMahon-Helmsley Faction in sight: and more importantly, no Shane McMahon.
The opening video package aired, bringing us to Fort Lauderdale for SmackDown! Pyrotechnics and sparks flew as a rabid Floridian crowd in the National Car Rental Center were on hand, coming off of the beating that Vince McMahon faced last Monday night! Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler welcomed us to SmackDown!, with a huge Fatal 4-Way main event in store, with the winner going on to challenge the Rock for the WWF Championship at Fully Loaded in under three weeks!
But fittingly, Shane McMahon made his way out to the ring to a thunderous chorus of boos from the National Car Rental Center. The son of the Chairman did not appear phased by the beating endured at the hands of the Undertaker and Kane, and it was noted that there was much speculation over how the McMahon-Helmsley Faction may retaliate moving forward. Shane climbed into the ring and graced the microphone, where he was met with further "Shane's a p*ssy" chants. Shane recognized this, and told the people that they had some nerve calling him that. For the record, none of these people had ever had to go up against men the size of the Undertaker and Kane - against their will - and lived to tell the tale. And as far as who the real "p*ssy" is, then look no further than what we saw at the top of the show! Shane spoke of how Vince McMahon was not here tonight, and it was certain he wouldn't show his face on World Wrestling Federation television again for quite some time, all because of this mess he got himself into! The truth was, it was time to move forward, and that meant a new leader, and a new regime: and these people were looking exactly at him right now. Because he wasn't just Vince McMahon's son, born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He was the heir to the throne, and with the boss absent? It just made sense that Shane O'Mac was the man to take charge of the WWF!
But before he could continue the lights dimmed, and out walked the Brothers of Destruction! The Undertaker and Kane made their way out to the ring to a massive response - Shane McMahon beside himself at the sight of the two men that laid waste to both he and his father last Monday! The two climbed into the ring, and 'the Deadman' assured Shane that they weren't out to hurt him, or make him wet his pants again. That of course, is dependent on how Shane handles this. But the Undertaker told Shane that maybe he had a point. Maybe the World Wrestling Federation was ready for what came next. And if it means Vince is out, and Shane is in - so be it - but what the Undertaker saw in his future was becoming the number one contender to the WWF Championship! The fans erupted, but Kane took the microphone from his brother, and turned to Shane: he agreed - he should be number one contender to the WWF Championship. Because at King of the Ring, it wasn't him that was beaten by the Rock: it was his brother! Undertaker looked at his brother in shock, as Kane strongly advised Shane to consider his options, and put him in the Fatal 4-Way match tonight, or else there may be a cold day in Hell in his future! Undertaker squared off with Kane - the two brothers with a long, rocky relationship - both men exchanging words to the other.
Shane reluctantly told the Brothers of Destruction that they could have it their way. They could enter the Fatal 4-Way match tonight! But in doing so, they would be joining Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho and the WWF Intercontinental Champion Chris Benoit - which means, only one of the two could qualify. That's right, qualify - by having to beat the only two men with the guts to come to Shane's aid on RAW is WAR: Edge and Christian! And if the Undertaker and Kane were somehow able to defeat the WWF Tag Team Champions: the brother that scored the pinfall or submission would join Angle, Jericho and Benoit in the main event! Undertaker and Kane broke their own staredown to look Shane's way, and McMahon immediately had a look of concern develop on his face! Despite this, Undertaker and Kane exchanged words and accepted the proposal, telling Shane that he was on. All the while Edge and Christian suddenly hit the ring from behind, the WWF Tag Team Champions looking to attack the Brothers of Destruction much like on RAW! But Undertaker and Kane saw them coming and brought the fight to the champs, causing E&C to bail out to the floor. Shane had been able to escape, with a big match made: and only one slot in the Fatal 4-Way match available for the Brothers of Destruction!
In the backstage area Triple H and Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley were seen in their dressing room, 'the Game' ridiculing his brother-in-law Shane McMahon's speech and handling of the Brothers of Destruction. He told 'the Billion Dollar Princess' that he was in way over his head, here. 'The Billion Dollar Princess' simply snuggled up to her husband, telling him that Shane was taking care of business, but she couldn't believe how he's treated their father. 'The Game' reminded her of who was in charge when Vince and Shane were nowhere to be seen, and wondered why Shane hadn't consulted with them.
The power couple were soon interrupted by Kurt Angle, who came in wearing the colors of red, white and blue. Stephanie was glad to see the King of the Ring, while Triple H rolled his eyes. Kurt greeted the two, and told the WWF Women's Champion that tonight was a very special night. Because not only was it the week of America's Independence - but it was the night Kurt Angle becomes number one contender to the WWF Championship! Stephanie wished him luck, but Kurt told her that he wasn't just doing this for himself: he was doing it for the United States of America on his birthday! Angle left, leaving 'the Game' to impolitely mock the Olympic Gold Medalist!
Back on SmackDown! The Rock was seen arriving in Fort Lauderdale. The World Wrestling Federation Champion entered the building, and was greeted by Jonathan Coachman who wanted to get some comments from 'the People's Champ', about how he feels about Shane McMahon taking leadership of the company tonight. Rock was more interested in declaring that finally the Rock had come back to Fort Lauderdale, then told Coachman that he didn't give a monkey-cr*p which McMahon was in charge tonight. Vince, Shane, Vince Sr, Jesse, hell even crazy uncle Eustace McMahon! Coachman brought up that Shane had assigned Rock to a handicap match tonight, against two men he had a close encounter with on RAW this past week - T&A. Rock told Coachman that this was the fact of the matter about Test and Albert. They got their hot, young business associate. She's an associate because even Trish Stratus knows that the big, tall blonde and the man with a face full of nipple piercings know, absolutely suck! And when it's all said and done, the Rock will watch the Fatal 4-Way match, and he will walk that aisle and tell whomever Rock's number one contender will be, to Just Bring It!
1) D-Generation X def. The Hardy Boyz (w/Lita) (4:27) While the Hardy Boyz and Lita were coming off of a group beating at the hands of Trish Stratus, T&A and Val Venis this past Monday night on RAW, tonight they were up against the reinvigorated combination of X-Pac and Road Dogg. A six-man tag team victory joined by Triple H over Too Cool and Rikishi had put them back in good graces, with D-Generation X looking to keep the momentum going tonight. X-Pac mocked Jeff Hardy prior to the bell, which caused Jeff to respond with a flurry of intense rights. A clothesline followed, before the tag team experience of the North Carolinian brothers kicked in. A distraction from Road Dogg enabled X-Pac to connect with a roundhouse kick to take down Matt, allowing DX to dissect the elder brother. Road Dogg and X-Pac were focused however - be it a double backbreaker or the Shaky Leg knee drop - Matt was resilient and able to kick out. Lita got the fans behind Matt, and finally Jeff came in off the tag! Jeff ran circles around D-Generation X, even sending X-Pac into Road Dogg, knocking him from the apron. Matt connected with the Twist of Fate while Jeff Hardy went up to the top rope: but Trish Stratus came down to ringside, and crotched Jeff on the top rope while the referee's back was turned! X-Pac planted Jeff with the X-Factor, giving DX the three!
Lita chased Trish Stratus away from ringside, after the business associate of T&A had been successful in costing the Hardy Boyz this match against D-Generation X! X-Pac and Road Dogg celebrated the win, while Jeff was attended to by Matt at ringside. The Hardys had been screwed by Trish, but while X-Pac and Road Dogg celebrated with some mid-ring pyrotechnics, the real question on everybody's mind was how the Rock will fare, two-on-one against T&A later tonight?
Backstage the APA walked into their office, with Bradshaw and Faarooq discussing just how good it felt to take care of business on Monday. Faarooq called B&B Security a huge ripoff, and told his drinking partner that Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan got what was coming to them for even trying to take their business. The two took a seat around their poker table and cracked a beer each, when in waltzed Terri. 'The She-Devil' told the boys the situation with tonight's six-person tag team match. The Kat had partners, but she didn't! Which is why she wanted to hire the boys for protection. Bradshaw wanted Terri to pay up, but Terri had other plans: placing her high-heeled foot on the poker table and commenting on her lack of panties underneath! The APA were shocked at the sight up her skirt, and finally Bradshaw relented - she had herself a pair of partners!
Back on SmackDown! Shane McMahon was taking to his new office. Once occupied by his Chairman father, Shane O'Mac rested comfortably behind his desk and observed the golden nameplate on his desk reading "Vincent K. McMahon". He scoffed at its sight and commented that he needed an update, when in walked Edge and Christian. Shane was glad to see the WWF Tag Team Champions, but Edge and Christian were here for business tonight. Edge told Shane that they were glad to have this match against the Brothers of Destruction tonight, because after the ludicrous claims the Undertaker and Kane made to them on Monday night - they were looking forward to proving to them who the best tag team in the World Wrestling Federation were! Christian agreed, calling them a bunch of "tall, dark and not-so-handsomes" up against two of the cutest WWF Superstars in history! They didn't stand a chance. E&C shook hands with Shane, lastly commenting that Shane's new office was rad!
2) Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. and The Kat (w/Hos) def. The APA and Terri (3:50) WWF New York was the landmark of a catfight on RAW this past week, where the Kat attacked Terri following a brutal ambush made last week on SmackDown! Terri's high heel boots came into effect, as she attempted to choke the Kat. But tonight was six-person intergender tag team rules for the two WWF Divas. The Kat danced with the Hos that followed the Godfather and Gangrel down to the ring, but as soon as the APA made their way out to the ring, they knew that this would be a war between the two tag teams. The APA looked strong early, a fallaway slam on Gangrel giving Bradshaw a near fall. Soon enough Terri tagged herself in, allowing her to slap Gangrel around until 'the Vampire' caught a slap: tagging in the Kat! Kat tackled Terri briefly, but 'the She-Devil' was able to cower away, to bring Faarooq in. Godfather and Faarooq went at it, leading to a Ho Train in the corner, when 'The Pimp Daddy' turned his attention and made advances at Terri; which allowed Bradshaw to come in with a clothesline when Kat tagged herself in. With the APA and Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. going at it at ringside, Kat caught Terri off-guard with the back suplex: the bridge getting the three count!
The Kat had scored a pinfall victory over Terri in this unorthodox six-person intergender tag team match, and she was overjoyed with the win. 'The She-Devil' threw a tantrum in response, while at ringside the APA watched on in disbelief with the loss - until B&B Security rushed the two from behind in revenge for RAW this past week! The Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan put the boots to the APA on the floor, when Gangrel was able to get them away from the fallen Bradshaw and Faarooq. After the loss and subsequent issues on RAW, Bossman and Buchanan were back tonight, and they weren't yet finished with the angry APA.
Backstage Crash Holly was sat in the locker room trying to tie his shoelaces when Kevin Kelly approached 'the Houdini of Hardcore', wanting to get his feelings about coming up short against Perry Saturn for the WWF Hardcore Championship. Crash told Kevin that he thought without that title, he'd be heartbroken, but truthfully: he's had the best week in a long time! He doesn't have to look over his shoulder twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. He actually gets to sleep at night! Before Crash could continue, Dean Malenko showed up to laugh at the Elroy Jetson lookalike. Malenko told Crash that he'd been wasting so much time getting his hands dirty: so how about he take up a real challenge with the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion? Crash told Dean that he didn't get how he - a man that looked forty years-old out of the womb - landed all of those hot bar chicks. But he had himself a match! 'The Ladies Man' arrogantly laughed at him and wished him luck: another title match set for tonight!
We returned to Fort Lauderdale, where the WWF European Champion Lance Storm was in the process of making his way down to the ring. Upon entry, the Canadian took to the microphone to demand the attention of the capacity crowd. He talked about the Fourth of July, and how he knew the Americans in this building made a celebration out of anything. They set off fireworks, they eat straight from the grill. They drink beer and curse, and litter all over the streets! Storm told the people that Independence Day made him sick to his stomach, and told Florida that there was only one Independence Day: and that was July 1 in the Great White. The WWF European Champion was none too pleased about the cold reception from the patriotic Americans in attendance, set to do battle with Essa Rios with the title at stake!
3) Lance Storm (c) def. Essa Rios to retain the WWF European Championship (4:23) The WWF European Champion was clearly not one known for a Fourth of July celebration, but Lance Storm was surely not in a great mood following the challenge made by 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' Chyna this past week on RAW is WAR. But tonight was about putting his title on the line against an opponent apparently worthy of challenging for the WWF European Championship, the Spanish Essa Rios. The former WWF Light Heavyweight Champion had been looking for an opportunity in the fallout of his break-up from Lita, and Rios got the fans behind him early by sending Lance from the ring and connecting with a beautiful somersault tope over the top rope, crashing down on the champ. Rios looked great, and a springboard dropkick allowed him to get a near fall before Storm aggressively went on the attack. The fans booed Storm as he showboated around the ring, but it allowed Essa to recover and strike back with a big enzuigiri, and a brainbuster followed for a close near fall! Rios went up to the top rope and attempted a Moonsault, but Storm was able to get his knees up in time, allowing Storm to swiftly lock in the Maple Leaf Crab: forcing Essa to tap.
The WWF European Championship had been successfully retained by Lance Storm in this week of celebrating America's Independence, and Storm appeared indifferent to having taken care of Essa Rios in Fort Lauderdale, Florida tonight. But Lance's victory was short-lived, as Chyna made her way out to the rampway, 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' once again challenging Lance to put up or shut up! Eddie Guerrero appeared behind 'Mamacita' in his sling, daring Lance to try fight his girlfriend, but Storm shook his head and declined the challenge once again! It seemed that it was unbecoming of a Canadian to square off against a lady such as the muscular Chyna.
Backstage Chris Jericho was warming up for the Fatal 4-Way match still to come in tonight's main event, when Chris Benoit stomped in to confront Y2J! The WWF Intercontinental Champion grinned at his adversary, asking Jericho if he liked his chances in the number one contender's match tonight. After all, Benoit has beaten him numerous times, and had him squealing like a little piggy in the Crippler Crossface. Benoit advised Jericho just tap out right now and get it over with, but Y2J grinned back. He asked Benoit if he was in high spirits because he got Tazz arrested last Monday, or if he finally hooked up with a girl he didn't have to bore to get her pants off! Jericho reminded Benoit that he made him tap out to win that title; and he'd fight to take it back. But he had bigger plans: and that involved facing the Rock for the WWF Championship at Fully Loaded!
Returning to SmackDown! it was time for the big non-title encounter between the WWF Tag Team Champions and the Brothers of Destruction. Edge and Christian bombastically strutted to the ring, full of poise and confidence despite their shortcoming earlier tonight in jumping Kane and the Undertaker. They took to the microphone to greet all of their fans in Fort Lauderdale, when Christian brought up how he had seen Scarface, and he was terrified to be in Florida's presence! The pair wanted to continue talking trash about their opponents in just a few moments, but the lights went out and out came the Undertaker and Kane, not in any mood for any more of the WWF Tag Team Champions' hijinks!
4) The Brothers of Destruction def. WWF Tag Team Champions Edge and Christian by disqualification (4:43) Edge and Christian had taken exception to the Undertaker and Kane's comments to them made during a backstage exchange on RAW is WAR. So much so that the WWF Tag Team Champions involved themselves in the Brothers of Destruction's match with the McMahons later that very night. As far as tonight went, there could be only one addition to the Fatal 4-Way number one contender's match: and it was to be the man that scored the fall, if they were able to against the motivated Canadian brothers. Kane started off with a head full of steam early, cleaning house of the ring and causing the champs to bail. As Edge and Christian regrouped, Undertaker would get the tag and continue to get the better of Christian, when Edge came from behind with a chop block! The champs used their lifelong expertise to ground Undertaker, targeting 'the Deadman's left leg to keep him down. But despite this, Undertaker struck back with a clothesline for both men; the tag made to Kane! 'The Big Red Machine' ran roughshod on Christian with a flying clothesline from the top rope, and Kane appeared to be sizing the younger brother up for a Chokeslam, when Edge hit the ring with a steel chair in hand: clocking Kane in the back of the skull with it!
The crowd booed the result, as Edge had just saved Christian from a Chokeslam to Hell courtesy of 'the Big Red Machine!' The WWF Tag Team Champions ganged up on the Kane, putting the boots to the monster while the Undertaker watched on with a bad foot on the floor. Christian and Edge grabbed a steel chair each, and got ready for Kane to return to his feet. A Conchairto like the one we saw on RAW was coming up, when 'the American Badass' limped into the ring to scare Edge and Christian out of the ring! A wounded Undertaker and a dazed Kane stood tall in the ring, but due to the disqualification, Kane had qualified for the final spot in the Fatal 4-Way main event later tonight and it was clear that the Undertaker was not too pleased about it. After some hesitance, 'the Deadman' patted his brother on the back, as Kane looked prepared for later tonight.
In the backstage area X-Pac and Road Dogg were celebrating their win over the Hardy Boyz, D-Generation X pleased to be getting back on a roll after a recent string of losses. X-Pac exclaimed that the streak was over, while Road Dogg laid down a rhyme about how DX were on the rise once again. But soon enough the duo were approached by Too Cool and Rikishi - the three men that DX ridiculed and insulted with a post-match beating on RAW is WAR. Grandmaster Sexay called Road Dogg's rhyme "wack", while Rikishi told the boys to enjoy their moment while it last. But to win or to scrape by, they all knew who the cooler faction was: and it was Too Cool! Rikishi led Sexay and Scotty 2 Hotty away, with DX calling after them that they'd have to teach them all over again what it's like to get their butts whipped by Road Dogg and X-Pac.
Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley was shown approaching the water cooler, where the WWF Women's Champion indulged in a glass of water for herself. That is until Kurt Angle once again appeared, surprised that 'the Billion Dollar Princess' was there. She appeared timid in the Olympian's arrival, shyly asking him how the preparation for the main event was going. The King of the Ring told Stephanie that it's not just going to be physically exhausting, but mentally too. After all, he's got not just Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit to worry about - and those are the chumps that took the WWF Eurocontinental Championship from him! But Kane as well? Kurt wiped the sweat from his forehead, when Stephanie offered the Olympic Gold Medalist a hug for good luck, again. She closed in for an awkward hug that Kurt delayed breaking away from, as the two awkwardly said their farewells. Angle had a big grin on his face.
5) D-Lo Brown def. Rikishi (w/Too Cool) (4:01) Too Cool and Rikishi came short against the three-man combination of D-Generation X on RAW is WAR, but tonight Rikishi looked to improve the trio's standing in the World Wrestling Federation in singles action against D-Lo Brown. Following Too Cool's comments towards X-Pac and Road Dogg, it looked as though they were in for a good night as Rikishi used his size to overpower 'the Bizniz' early on. Brown was desperate for a victory after a rough couple of weeks, but Brown struggled until tripping Rikishi from the ring and slamming his leg across the ring post. D-Lo took advantage where he could, but foolishly attempted a figure-four leglock that 'Big Kishi' easily kicked away from. A superkick scored Rikishi a near fall, as did a sit-out avalanche on Brown: but D-Lo was tougher than he appeared. Brown went back in control, but once again his showboating got the better of him as Rikishi soon caught him in the corner, and a Stinkface was now on the horizon, the 400-pounder delivering! But all the while X-Pac and Road Dogg came down the rampway, getting into a fight with Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay! Inside Rikishi's eyes were on the brawl outside, when D-Lo came from behind with a cheap low blow, following up with an ever-impressive Sky High on the super heavyweight for the three count!
D-Lo Brown had picked up a 400-pound win against Rikishi tonight, while at ringside Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay had fought off X-Pac and Road Dogg. Too Cool dashed into the ring to get rid of 'the Bizniz', who obnoxiously celebrated his win at ringside. Rikishi didn't know what happened, and Too Cool exchanged words with D-Generation X from afar, as DX backed up the rampway with smug looks on their faces.
In the backstage area cameras caught up with B&B Security, who still appeared to be on different pages despite their beating on the APA earlier tonight. The Big Bossman talked about how they should have given them a beating to remember, not something they could get up from. Bull Buchanan told Bossman that that was the point: to make them remember it! As the two continued squabbling, Shane McMahon appeared behind them. Shane O'Mac had a job for them, and was willing to pay good money to do so. B&B Security told him that they were listening.
We returned to SmackDown! to footage that went down during the commercial break, showing B&B Security jumping Kane from behind in the backstage area. The Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan had been hired by Shane McMahon for a job, and it was clear that it was to ensure 'the Big Red Machine' would be incapacitated in time for the number one contender's Fatal 4-Way main event! Kane put up a fight, but the nightsticks were out as Bossman and Buchanan hammered the monster down to the floor. Finally the Undertaker showed up to chase the two away, but with the damage done all 'the Deadman' could do was curse in frustration and try to attend to his fallen brother.
6) WWF Champion The Rock def. T&A (w/Trish Stratus) in a Handicap match (5:39) With his number one contender to be determined later tonight, the acting man in charge tonight Shane McMahon had laid a real challenge in the World Wrestling Federation Champion's way. Coming fresh off of a tag team victory against Test and Albert on RAW this past Monday night, 'the People's Champ' was in it one against two tonight on SmackDown! But it did not seem to phase the champion, who sounded off early on with thunderous rights to Albert, followed by sidestepping the emerging Test, sending Albert into him. Rock had their number, but this quickly changed when Trish caught Rock's attention and he began trash talking her, allowing Albert to splash him in the corner! T&A dominated Rock from here, with Albert holding Rock for Test's heavy handed blows to the abdomen and head, and Albert connecting with a sit-out powerbomb for a near fall. It would be a huge victory for either man to get the pinfall victory against the WWF Champion, but Rock continued to kick out following a military press slam from Albert, and a sidewalk slam from Test. The fans wanted Rock to get back into the fight, and he would as he connected with a wrap-around DDT to Albert before nipping up! Rock wanted the Rock Bottom on Test when Val Venis ran down to ringside; 'the Valbowski' being dragged in by Rock! The WWF Champion delivered a Samoan drop to Venis, when Test clocked him and wanted to try for a pumphandle slam. Rock was able to slip free, and the Rock Bottom connected for the win!
The Rock had defeated both members of T&A, as well as outside interence by business associate Trish Stratus, as well as an interfering fellow client in Val Venis! The WWF Champion was riding high on a night where he would find out who he would face at Fully Loaded with the gold on the line - and Rock took to the second turnbuckle to celebrate another triumphant victory. All the while, Trish snarled at ringside, furious at 'the People's Champ's will to succeed.
Eddie Guerrero was in the locker room backstage favoring his shoulder in the sling. 'Latino Heat' complained at the discomfort of the dressing, talking about how it gave him shoulder cramp. Chyna arrived to tell her boyfriend that that a shoulder cramp should be considered a good thing for a guy with a separated shoulder. 'Latino Heat' told her that he couldn't wait to get cleared and take back the WWF European Championship from that ignorant Canadian freak Lance Storm. Chyna smiled and patted his head, telling him that she had good news: she was getting a shot at Lance's title, this Monday on RAW! Eddie was over the moon upon hearing, jumping to his feet and kissing Chyna's cheek rapidly. Guerrero even jumped up and down, excitedly calling 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' the next champion, before favoring his shoulder in agony. Chyna comically told Eddie to sit down and rest if he wanted to ever get back in that ring. He sadly complied.
In the heart of Times Square at WWF New York, at the bar and grill restaurant part of the complex we saw Ivory tending bar to the hundreds of fans and tourists in the house! The WWF Diva appeared to be having a blast, as she poured beers from the tap and greeted the patrons in attendance.
7) Crash Holly def. Dean Malenko (w/Two Women) (c) to win the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (3:47) 'The Houdini of Hardcore' was entering some uncommon ground tonight, having been challenged to try his luck with 'the Ladies Man' Dean Malenko. Dean even put his WWF Light Heavyweight Championship on the line against Crash Holly, and after a sad couple of weeks with Holly successfully looking to regain his prized WWF Hardcore Championship, perhaps this is what he needed to turn a new leaf. Malenko was full of confidence with two women in his corner, both eagerly keeping guard of the title. Crash however was not about to allow Malenko to dictate the pace of the match; keeping things fast-paced and scoring near fall upon near fall from a backslide and an Oklahoma roll. Malenko was able to catch Crash off-guard however, locking him in a variation of the crossface and taking to his family-renowned variety of submission holds. Dean was frustrated at Crash's unwillingness to submit, and a chinlock saw Crash make a comeback with right hands. Holly almost scored the three off of a springboard bulldog, but Malenko kicked out and put him down with a clothesline. The champ looked to end this with the Tiger Bomb, but Crash reversed it into a sunset flip: Crash stealing it!
Crash Holly had done it, darting out of the ring and snatching the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship from Dean Malenko's two ladies at ringside! 'The Ladies Man' looked on in disbelief, as 'the Houdini of Hardcore' had a 24/7 rule flashback, darting up the rampway to escape with the gold! Crash had actually won a title that wasn't the WWF Hardcore Championship, and Dean Malenko could not bare to believe it!
In his dressing room Triple H was in the midst of a conversation with Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco about the look on Vince McMahon's face on RAW when he was about to receive a Tombstone Piledriver from Kane. 'The Game' joked that of all of the facial expressions the Chairman has, he had never seen that face he pulled before in his life! The Stooges confessed that they were glad Vince had gone home, because he was getting pretty freaky recently. Triple H then brought up how Shane McMahon was in charge, and that if that wasn't a practical joke from management, he didn't know what was! Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley soon showed up, and the WWF Women's Champion did not seem pleased with what her husband was saying about her family. She beckoned the Stooges from the room, threatening to tattle on them to her father; which they complied. 'The Game' asked Stephanie what had gotten into her, and Stephanie daringly dressed her husband down claiming that they may not all see eye to eye right now, but they were the McMahon-Helmsley Faction! Has Triple H forgotten that?
8) Kurt Angle def. WWF Intercontinental Champion Chris Benoit, Kane & Chris Jericho in a Number One Contender's Fatal 4-Way match (9:24) This was set to be a big main event, with this Fatal 4-Way match to determine who would go on to Fully Loaded in under three weeks to challenge the Rock for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Made official this past Monday on RAW, Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho were two announced participants, while Chris Benoit was added earlier tonight. As for 'the Big Red Machine' Kane, he and the Undertaker were ordered to qualify for this match against Edge and Christian. And with Kane being struck with a steel chair to cause the disqualification, it was he who filled the final slot over 'the American Badass'.
The match started with no Kane, following the job that Shane McMahon had hired B&B Security to do to the monster in the backstage area; it was all about Chris Jericho having to fend off both the King of the Ring and the WWF Intercontinental Champion. Y2J managed at first, but in there against two world-class technicians, it was sure to be a difficult battle. Benoit and Angle's alliance broke down however, as Angle tried to pin Jericho off of a double suplex, firing up 'the Rabid Wolverine'. From there Angle and Benoit went at it, with a triad of German suplexes giving Benoit a near fall. Angle came back with an Olympic Slam attempt, but Benoit reversed into the Crippler Crossface! Angle looked to resist tapping, when Chris Jericho broke it up in time! Y2J scored a near fall off of a sleeper slam on Benoit, when Angle charged at him and both men went down - all three down in the ring. It was then when Kane joined the fray with hellfire and brimstone consuming the ring - and 'the Big Red Machine' limped down to pick up the scraps! A Chokeslam to Angle, and a Chokeslam to Jericho connected, when Chris Benoit came from behind with a chop block! Benoit went up top and came off with the Diving Headbutt to Kane, but Chris Jericho baseball slid the WWF Intercontinental Champion out of the ring: the Lionsault following! He covered, but Triple H inexplicably dragged Y2J out of the ring and sent him into the steel steps. All the while, Kurt Angle saw Kane stirring and ousted him with an impressive Olympic Slam, to claim the one-two-three!
As Triple H surveyed the beating dished out to Chris Jericho at ringside, Kurt Angle was in shock that he had just been named the official number one contender to the World Wrestling Federation Championship! The King of the Ring weeped on his knees in the center of the ring, while 'the Game' knowingly watched Kurt enjoy his celebration before departing. The Olympic Gold Medalist had pulled out the stops on the week of America's Independence, when WWF Champion The Rock made his way out to the ring! 'The People's Champ', dressed to the nines in shades, dress shirt and jeans, paced into the ring to confront Kurt Angle mano-e-mano. The two faced off, with Rock raising an eyebrow and signalling to Angle to Just Bring It! On July 23 it would be 'the Brahma Bull' against 'the Olympic Hero'. The WWF Champion against the King of the Ring. Fully Loaded, under three weeks away!
Jakked - July 8, 2000 TD Waterhouse Centre in Orlando, Florida Broadcast on syndication Taped on July 3, 2000
Jonathan Coachman and Michael Hayesare our announcers calling the action tonight on WWF Jakked.
1) Al Snow def. Funaki (4:29) With no Taka Michinoku in sight tonight, it appeared that Funaki was up for the challenge of competing with the bizarre Al Snow in singles action. The former WWF Hardcore Champion made his way out to the ring dressed up as a knight, in reference to his recent pursuit of the champ Perry Saturn - but after complaining to the official Funaki caught Snow off-guard with a dropkick to get the match started. He had some near falls in the form of a hurricanrana with a roll-up attempt, as well as an impressive tornado DDT, but Snow kicked out regardless. Al Snow made a comeback after an attempted armbar from one-half of Kaientai, which led to Snow putting Funaki away with the Snow Plow.
Al Snow had his hand raised in victory following the match, with success still in his eyesight. But as for now, Snow was handed his knight's sword which he raised high in the air - letting out a loud battlecry. Braveheart lives on!
2) Essa Rios def. Hardcore Holly (4:22) Essa Rios unfortunately came up short in challenging for the WWF European Championship on SmackDown! this past Thursday, but tonight he wanted to avenge the loss to Lance Storm by taking on 'the Big Shot' Hardcore Holly. Holly had the size advantage and overpowered Rios with his strength early; a clubbing series of blows and chops in the corner growing weary on the Spanish Superstar. A neckbreaker scored Hardcore a near fall, when Rios began to get back into this match - a springboard moonsault catching Holly off-guard for a near fall. Essa got the fans behind him as he body slammed 'the Big Shot' and climbed up to the top for a high-risk maneuver, when Holly caught him in mid-air with a dropkick! Hardcore closed in on the Falcon Arrow, but Essa rolled Holly up with the rolling clutch for the upset!
Essa Rios rolled out of the ring as fast as he could, having gotten away with a win tonight on Jakked, over a raging Hardcore Holly. 'The Big Shot' pounded the canvas with his fists in frustration, while Essa celebrated the victory on the rampway.
3) D-Lo Brown def. Mideon (3:45) 'The Bizniz' was coming into tonight with a big victory against Rikishi this past Thursday night on SmackDown!, but tonight D-Lo Brown was up against the oddity, Mideon. Mideon tried to scare D-Lo early by crawling around the ring, and it was clear that Brown was intimidated. But following a brief chase around the ringside area, Brown struck with a legdrop that stopped Mideon dead in his tracks. D-Lo talked smack while pounding on Mideon; his ego once again getting the best of him as Mideon came at 'the Bizniz' and stopped him dead in his tracks with a clothesline! Mideon stuck his tongue out, stalking Brown before attempting a powerbomb, just for Brown to land on his feet from it - the Sky High connecting on Mideon for the three count!
4) The Hardy Boyz (w/Lita) def. The Headbangers (4:31) The Hardy Boyz had not had the greatest of weeks, with Lita having received a Baldo Bomb from Albert this past Monday on RAW is WAR, following a win over Trish Stratus. To add to that, it was Trish that cost the Hardys their match against D-Generation X on SmackDown!, so tonight they looked to regain some momentum against the Headbangers. Mosh and Thrasher appeared more gothic in their looks - as bizarre as Marilyn Manson could get - and they started off by blind-sighting the fan favourites to jumpstart the match. They manipulated control of Jeff in the opening minutes, but Jeff was able to come off the ropes with a pop-up dropkick delivered taking both Headbangers down. Matt made the tag and ran wild on both men, with a bulldog for Thrasher and the Poetry in Motion in the corner for Mosh! Matt delivered the Twist of Fate on Thrasher, which Jeff followed up with a Swanton Bomb to pick up the three count.
HeAT - July 9, 2000 National Car Rental Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida Live on the USA Network Taped on June 4, 2000
The WWF Hardcore Champion Perry Saturn was seen walking through the corridors of the backstage area, yelling about how 'Mr. 24/7' was in the house tonight on HeAT. As Saturn passed through the halls, he continued to bark on about how he was unbeatable as the champ, and he dared any single one of the backstage personnel around him to even dare and try take the title from him. Saturn came across Funaki and asked one-half of Kaientai what the matter was - he didn't have a buddy? Saturn asked him where Taka Michinoku was, slapping him across the face and daring him to fight him tonight. That's when Funaki slapped Saturn back and told the WWF Hardcore Champion that he will fight like a real man: in that ring! Funaki left, leaving Saturn scowling in anger.
The opening video package aired, bringing us to the sight of pyrotechnics in the center of the ring. Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly welcomed us to Sunday Night HeAT, where Perry Saturn will defend the WWF Hardcore Championship against Funaki - so it appeared - plus, B&B Security will be in for a tough time against the Dudley Boyz!
Val Venis made his way out to the ring to kick off HeAT, scheduled for singles action against Al Snow, but as Venis and his business associate Trish Stratus climbed into the ring, 'the Valbowski' got on the microphone and told the people that there is something he can't understand about this crowd. They will cheer for the likes of the Hardy Boyz, and they will love it when Chris Jericho degrades a truly respectable lady like Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley. But the second that Val Venis takes off the towel and gets ready to go, all he can hear is the heinous things they call Trish Stratus! Val stuck up for his manager, calling her beautiful, attractive and charming: and these people had no idea what kind of person Trish really was. Stratus told Val that he was going to make her blush, and that she was not as bad as she made seem. Trish claimed that all she wanted to do was make sure her clients were successful. Because that's mattered: results! And she's sorry that the men in the audience fail to recognize taste, when they chant and cheer for Lita over a goddess of a woman like herself! Al Snow soon interrupted Trish and Val, coming out dressed up as a knight once again! Snow walked down to the ring with his medieval sword in hand, then climbed into the ring and removed his helmet: staring down Val with a bold look on his face! Val and Trish demanded the official confiscate the man's sword, which appeared to confuse the bizarre Al Snow!
1) Val Venis (w/Trish Stratus) def. Al Snow (3:54) Al Snow is an extremely confused individual, as he continued to act out this "roleplay" of sorts, where he thinks he is an actual knight. Nonetheless, Val Venis had no time for the antics of the former WWF Hardcore Champion as 'Valbowski' locked up and got the better of Snow early on. Snow came back however, upping the speed of the match with a hiptoss, a clothesline and a suplex in rabid succession! Snow continued to act like a knight, which allowed Val to side-step him in the corner, and a neckbreaker brought Al down to the mat hard! Val retained Snow in a sleeper hold, but the fans were behind him, and Snow quickly made a comeback with a body slam and a diving legdrop connecting for a near fall! Snow followed up with a Snow Bomb, but Trish Stratus distracted the referee. Al went over and argued with her in a strong British accent, when Val came from behind with a spinout powerbomb, before connecting with the Money Shot for the win.
Val Venis had his hand raised, a victory scored tonight against 'the Knight' Al Snow. Trish Stratus was pleased with her work, having distracted Snow and cost him the match. But all of a sudden Lita emerged down the rampway, diving on Trish! Lita got a big reaction as she and Trish rolled around on the floor, until 'the Valbowski' was there to pull Lita off of his business associate! Val picked a hurting Trish into his arms and yelled at Lita, who appeared to grin back at Trish: this business between two polar opposite Divas far from over.
The Headbangers were in the backstage area complaining about how long they had been WWF Superstars, and how little respect they had been handed. Thrasher agreed with everything Mosh had to say, commenting that they had to start commanding respect. After all, they are former WWF Tag Team Champions! The two were interrupted by Too Cool who overheard what the metalheads were saying. Scotty 2 Hotty told the boys that if they wanted some respect, maybe they could try take them on tonight. Grandmaster Sexay told Mosh and Thrasher that they were the guys that could show them how to get some respect. Naively, the Headbangers accepted the challenge, but warned Too Cool that when it was over, they'll finally understand what a moshpit was all about. The metalheads left, leaving Too Cool confused over what moshpits actually were.
In footage taken from the backstage area following SmackDown! this past Thursday night, Kurt Angle was walking the halls screaming that he was the number one contender! The King of the Ring was emotional in his victory: the sentimental Olympic Gold Medalist fighting back tears as he continued to scream that he was the next World Wrestling Federation Champion! Angle wandered down the halls, with the match made for Fully Loaded in two weeks: the Rock defending the WWF Championship against 'the Olympic Hero'.
2) Too Cool def. The Headbangers (4:22) The Headbangers were looking for respect, and they looked to get some after being invited to take on Too Cool tonight on HeAT. Mosh and Thrasher were fully prepared for the challenge, but as Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay arrived and the bell sounded, Grandmaster took to the microphone and talked about how the Headbangers wanted respect: then to face them in a dance-off! Too Cool started off with the lights dimmed, and the moves getting the people on their feet for Scotty and Grandmaster; Mosh and Thrasher confused by what was going on. The referee was equally as confused, as Too Cool wrapped up their dance routine and invited the Headbangers to take the floor. Here, Mosh and Thrasher got ready to dance - busting out some of the moves you would see in a mosh-pit on a Saturday night in downtown Orlando! The people laughed at Mosh and Thrasher, when Too Cool struck and brought the fight to officially start this match. The Headbangers tried to mount some offense but were ultimately unsuccessful as Sexay sent Thrasher out of the ring, while Scotty connected with a bulldog on the Worm on Mosh for the win!
Too Cool had caught the Headbangers off-guard tonight, a surprise dance contest as well as match that saw Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay teach Mosh and Thrasher what respect was all about. While the Headbangers seethed in anger at ringside, Too Cool granted the desirable crowd one more dance routine amidst the dimmed red lights, and the people on their feet.
WWF Head of Security Jim Dotson was standing on watch duty in the backstage area, when he was approached by two fellow security enforcers of sort, B&B Security. The Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan were cordial with Dotson as they asked Jim how the crowd were behaving. But before Jim could even respond, Buchanan told him that they had a job for him tonight, and that was to keep an eye out for the APA. Bossman provided context, telling him that they didn't need Bradshaw and Faarooq meddling in their business. Jim asked where their money was, but Bossman hypocritically told Jim that the World Wrestling Federation pays him to shut up and stand guard! Buchanan glared Dotson down before departing.
Earlier today cameras caught up with the former WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Dean Malenko at a local bar, 'the Ladies Man' depressingly drinking alone on a stool. Malenko was suffering the hard way since losing the gold to Crash Holly, and as two ladies passed him by he couldn't help himself but to muster up the courage to stand up and approach them. Making a move, he introduced himself to the younger girls who simply asked Dean if he was the former WWF Light Heavyweight Champion. Malenko didn't have chance to respond, as the other lady told her friend that he wasn't the champion anymore - the two turning their backs to a dejected Malenko!
3) Perry Saturn (c) def. Funaki to retain the WWF Hardcore Championship (4:12) Ever the bully, Perry Saturn tried to intimidate one-half of Kaientai earlier today when he noticed Funaki standing alone, with Taka Michinoku back home in Japan this week due to a family emergency. But Funaki surprised the self-proclaimed 'Mr. 24/7' by slapping Perry back, causing Saturn to kick up a fuss in anticipation for this match. Funaki caught Saturn off-guard as the match began by tossing a toolbox at the champ for a near fall. The fight spilled outside, where Saturn took control using his size as an advantage. The WWF Hardcore Champion introduced a mop bucket and a mop from under the ring, and Saturn struggled with Funaki, trying to shove his head in the spoiled, toxic water! Funaki fired back and picked up the mop bucket, tossing it in Saturn's face! The water went everywhere and Funaki scored another near fall when Saturn fired back, sending him into the steel steps! Back inside he planted Funaki with the fishermen's suplex, able to pick up the win.
Perry Saturn had continued to push himself as the WWF Hardcore Champion, 'Mr. 24/7' having his hand raised, wiping the mop bucket water from his face. Saturn climbed out of the ring and headed back up the rampway where he was suddenly met with a huge roundhouse kick from Steve Blackman! 'The Lethal Weapon' was here to reclaim the title, but as Blackman picked up the mop and span it around like a martial arts weapon Saturn was able to escape through the crowd, but with Blackman following suit! The chase was on.
The Dudley Boyz were seen in the backstage area with Bubba Ray Dudley visibly hurting, following the Conchairto received from Edge and Christian this past week on RAW is WAR. D-Von asked Bubba how he was doing, with the match with B&B Security still to come. Bubba told D-Von that in all the years of violence they have partaken in. All of the broken tables, the chair shots, the ladder match - nothing can stop them from doing what they do best. And that's being the damn Dudleys! The brothers from Dudleyville left the locker room area - their match with the Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan coming up next.
We returned to footage taken from this past Thursday night on SmackDown!, where Chris Jericho's chances of going to challenge the Rock for the WWF Championship at Fully Loaded with thwarted by Triple H. Cameras caught up with Chris Jericho standing by with Jonathan Coachman, who asked Y2J what he thought about Kurt Angle winning the number one contender's Fatal 4-Way match. Jericho was beside himself with the loss, talking about how that milk-drinking, American choir boy getting a shot at the Rock was a joke, but that he wasn't surprised. He wasn't surprised because of the ego of 'the Game'. He beat Triple H, and now he's mad as hell because Triple H is a jealous, petty guy. But they've been through this song and dance before, and that is why he wants to put 'the Game' on notice. They call him 'the Cerebral Assassin', but he's more of a "cerebral jackass", and Y2J would come back with a vengeance!
4) The Dudley Boyz def. B&B Security by disqualification (4:00) The Dudley Boyz fell short of becoming number one contenders to the WWF Tag Team Championship this past Monday night on RAW is WAR, following the interference of Edge and Christian. Bubba Ray Dudley appeared to wince at every step he took following the two-man Conchairto he sustained, but tonight they were up against B&B Security. As the war between the two protection agencies continued with the APA, the Big Bossman and Bull Buchanan did not appear to be on the same page as this one got underway. D-Von and Bubba Ray worked efficiently with a double flapjack to Buchanan, when Bossman immediately went for the ribs of Bubba, which allowed B&B Security to take force. The two brutalized Bubba with body blows in the corner; surely putting Bubba through a world of hurt. D-Von was soon able to get the tag, but as D-Von was rolling with a lifting reverse DDT on Bossman, Buchanan clobbered him from behind with a shot from the nightstick.
The fans booed as Bull Buchanan laid Bubba Ray Dudley laying with a shot from the nightstick, when Big Bossman climbed inside and shoved Bull for getting them disqualified! Bossman and Buchanan appeared to be on the brink of disbanding, when the APA were spotted on the OvalTron, talking to WWF's head of security Jim Dotson! Bradshaw and Faarooq gifted him a beer, allowing them entry to the arena! The APA stomped down to the ring, where Bossman and Buchanan met up with the two as yet another brawl took place between the four men! Bradshaw and Faarooq sent Bossman into the barricades before tossing Buchanan back into the ring, where the Dudley Boyz disposed of him with a big 3D! The APA and the Dudley Boyz stood tall over the fallen B&B Security, with the prison guards undoubtedly prepared to strike back at the Acolyte Protection Agency!
RAW is WAR - July 10, 2000 San Jose Arena in San Jose, California Live on the USA Network
A video package aired taking us back to the Shane McMahon-ran edition of SmackDown! from this past Thursday night. With his father out of the picture the Chairman's son took charge in leading SmackDown!, making a match that saw the Undertaker and Kane do battle with Edge and Christian where the winner of the fall would advance to the number one contender's Fatal 4-Way match in the main event. The WWF Tag Team Champions resorted to cheap tactics and got themselves disqualified; with Kane later being assaulted by B&B Security - under orders from Shane O'Mac. Flash-forward to later that night, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle all vied for a shot at the Rock's WWF Championship at Fully Loaded. Kane - despite the ambush - made an appearance midway through the match, and laid waste to the three other participants. It was a free-for-all that looked as though Y2J was on his way to victory, when Triple H struck, eliminating Jericho from the equation. Kurt Angle picked up the pieces and pinned Kane: granting the King of the Ring a match with the Rock in the youngster's biggest match to date, in under two weeks time!
The opening video package aired, bringing us to the San Jose Arena. Pyrotechnics plummeted into the stage, and the roar of the crowd was deafening with signs and fans everywhere in sight. Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler welcomed us to RAW is WAR, on a night where the Hardy Boyz will do battle with recent rivals T&A; plus Lance Storm defends the WWF European Championship against Chyna. Not to mention both the Rock and Kurt Angle will be in the house, and how may Chris Jericho respond to Triple H costing him the Fatal 4-Way match on SmackDown?
But kicking things off came a huge surprise as the Chairman of the World Wrestling Federation made his way out to the ring! Not seen since his beating at the hands of the Brothers of Destruction last week on RAW is WAR, Vince McMahon climbed into the ring and stood among the thousands in San Jose. The Chairman smiled acknowledging how good it must have felt seeing the Undertaker and Kane lay waste to him last week. It must also have felt good for all of these people to bare witness to his wife Linda pushing him into that situation. And after one entire week of brewing, he has come around to his senses and realized that he may have been living a lie. The fans continued to chant "assh*le" in his way, as Vince explained his line of thinking about why Linda made him do what he did. He concluded by believing that she was crying out for the attention of her husband. And Vince was going to give it to her! McMahon declared to his wife - who was presumably listening - that if she wanted another baby, then he was 'the Genetic Jackhammer', and that "Daddy" was coming home!
The Chairman was suddenly interrupted by Shane McMahon, who made his way out to the ring with a look of confusion on his face. The boss's son climbed into the ring and asked his father what he was saying, and why he was even out here! The last time he spoke to Vince, he was through with the shackles of coming out here every night and being ridiculed, harassed and beaten by these ingrates! And what does that make of his future - he's the heir to the throne! Vince simply placed his hand on his son's shoulder, telling Shane that some day he would understand that a husband's gotta do what a husband's gotta do, and he hasn't exactly been the best husband as of late! Vince told Shane that he was leaving the regime up to him, then climbed out of the ring, leaving. Shane was shocked by how easy it all was, left stunned among chants of "Shane's a p*ssy" being screamed his way. Shane was about to speak up, when all of a sudden Shawn Michaels' theme music hit, and out walked the Spokesperson for the World Wrestling Federation! 'The Heartbreak Kid' had not been seen in quite some time, yet here he was in the flesh here tonight on RAW is WAR!
As RAW got stranger by the second, HBK shook hands greeting the apparent new leader of the World Wrestling Federation. Shawn told Shane that it was great to see him, as it was the great people of San Jose, California! The fans erupted, chanting Shawn's name - Michaels explaining that upon review of what went down last week. Witnessing the downfall of 'the Genetic Jackhammer', and the product of his semen Shane's leadership skills on full show on SmackDown!: he's sorry to inform Shane that he has appointed a new Commissioner to the World Wrestling Federation in Vince's absence! And so he closed up shop at the Texas Wrestling Academy, hopped on a plain from San Antonio, Texas and made his way to San Jose! Shane tried to interrupt, but HBK brushed the boss's son off - introducing the new WWF Commissioner as none other than Mick Foley! 'The Hardcore Legend' made his way out to the ring to another huge response from the capacity crowd, as the retired former WWF Champion climbed into the ring to greet both Shawn and Shane.
It was already a night of shockers, as the man not seen since WrestleMania gave a cheap pop to the people of San Jose, now igniting "Foley" chants loudly. Mick thanked Shawn Michaels for the rousing introduction, calling it an honor as always to be ushered in as the new figurehead by an all-time great like 'the Heartbreak Kid'. Mick told Shawn he could take it from here, leading the fans in giving Shawn a parting ovation - once again much to the chagrin of Shane McMahon! Mick spotted the look of disdain on Shane's face and told him that he knew he was feeling bummed out about not landing the role of a lifetime, and he would be too. After thirty years of waiting, and seeing his father strut around the office. He knew the anticipation was killing him, for his old man to retire and hand the mantle of the WWF over to him. But not this time buddy, because the Foley Era has arrived! Mick playfully hugged Shane, with a fed-up look on the face of the youthful McMahon. Foley climbed to the second rope to lead a chant of his name before leaving: Shane McMahon left deflated by the news! What a shocking series of events to kick off RAW!
We returned to RAW to see the WWF European Champion Lance Storm making his way to the ring ahead of his title defense against 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' Chyna. Following last week's events however, the Canadian indulged the people of San Jose with a speech on how he has come to learn of Eddie Guerrero's masculinity. Because 'Latino Heat' may have a hot temper and a stupidly low IQ, not only is Eddie walking around with one arm, but without the WWF European Championship he adores so much! He's surprised Eddie can even afford the medical bills for his separated shoulder - and now he has Chyna fighting his battles for him? How pathetic can you get? Lance told 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' to give him her best shot, because he was breaking the morals and ethics he was raised on tonight: to never lay a finger on a woman! Chyna stomped out to the ring in a foul mood, accompanied by the bandaged Eddie Guerrero - 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' not messing around in confronting Storm in the ring!
1) Lance Storm (c) def. Chyna (w/Eddie Guerrero to retain the WWF European Championship (2:28) 'The Ninth Wonder of the World' had been granted this opportunity at the WWF European Championship tonight after the separated shoulder suffered by her boyfriend Eddie Guerrero, Chyna was stepping up to the plate against the Canadian traditionalist. Lance Storm cowered from 'Mamacita' early, with Chyna demanding he get in the ring and fight. 'Latino Heat' yelled at him to return to the ring, and immediately Chyna was able to toss Storm from the apron back inside the ring! She clubbed him with elbow after elbow, before dropping him with a military press slam: Storm in trouble. One vital key that enabled the champ to gain control of the match came when he dropped Chyna with a shocking right hand, before a backbreaker grounded her. Storm manipulated 'the Ninth Wonder of the World' with an armbar, all the while yelling insults in Eddie's way: warning him that he would separate his girlfriend's shoulder as well if need be! Guerrero finally had enough and got on the apron, which allowed Chyna to come back with a low blow! A powerbomb connected for a close call, and Chyna closed in on Storm, who responded by hooking the leg: the Maple Leaf Crab forcing Chyna to tap out!
Lance Storm refused to relinquish the Maple Leaf Crab on a screaming Chyna, but it would not last long. Eddie Guerrero dashed into the ring and started throwing punches with his good arm - sling and all - until the WWF European Champion fired back with a big punch to the separated shoulder! Lance dropped 'Latino Heat' with an arm-ringer before daring to apply the Fujiwara armbar on the former champion, when Chyna came to and kicked Storm away! Lance fled to the floor, leaving Chyna to aid to her boyfriend - Eddie in agony, but furious and wanting another piece of Lance Storm.
In the parking lot area Vince McMahon was seen on his way out of the building, when his daughter Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley came racing after the Chairman. 'The Billion Dollar Princess' asked Vince what he was doing, and why he was leaving things in the hands of Mick Foley of all people! Vince stopped before stepping inside of his limousine, telling the WWF Women's Champion that it would all work out. But if Stephanie needs him, he'll be back in Greenwich tending to her mother. Stephanie was baffled as Vince stepped inside the limo. McMahon-Helmsley was alone, watching her father ride out of the San Jose Arena.
Elsewhere Edge and Christian could not stop discussing the conversation of Vince McMahon going home to make babies with Linda. The WWF Tag Team Champions grimaced over the idea of 'the Genetic Jackhammer' making a whole new McMahon with the CEO, when the newly appointed Commissioner Mick Foley showed up behind the brothers, telling themt hat it was not a pretty picture. Edge and Christian were surprised by 'the Hardcore Legend's appearance, telling him that it was long time no see. Mick instead talked about how he remembered when Edge and Christian were vampires, and how lame that was: but look at them now! The WWF Tag Team Champions. That meant they were the current best tag team that the WWF has to offer! Edge and Christian were flattered by Mick's compliment, when Foley proposed that he had an idea for them tonight: he put that to the test when they defend their titles against another tag team that were just itching to be where they are. Their name? The Dudley Boyz! Mick laughed and wished them luck, leaving the champs appalled by the Commissioner's decision!
We returned to RAW is WAR where Shane McMahon was furious marching back and forth in his office, when in walked the Spokesperson, Shawn Michaels. Shane O'Mac angrily asked 'the Heartbreak Kid' what that was all about. Why was Mick Foley appointed the Commissioner, when it should have been him! Shawn tried to cool the boss's son off, telling him that he put on one heck of a show on SmackDown! last week. But the Board of Directors felt Shane wasn't battle-tested. He wasn't ready! Which is why Shane still has power. However, that power would be shared by Commissioner Foley. What's the problem? Shane confessed that he did not like Mick Foley. HBK quipped back with a shrug, confessing that Shawn Michaels did not like Shane McMahon! Michaels left, leaving Shane to kick the coffee table over.
2) Al Snow def. Perry Saturn (c) and Steve Blackman to win the WWF Hardcore Championship (3:26) The WWF Hardcore Championship was on the line between Perry Saturn and Steve Blackman tonight on RAW, following 'the Lethal Weapon's involvement in Saturn's title defense against Funaki last night on HeAT. The self-proclaimed 'Mr. 24/7' had provoked and bullied numerous WWF Superstars as of late, but Steve Blackman was a man impervious to threats. The skilled martial artist hit the ring and immediately laid in the strikes against the champ, causing Saturn to relent to the floor, where he used a trash can to keep 'the Lethal Weapon' at bay. Saturn also introduced a kendo stick, which he used to club Blackman repeatedly, until Blackman fired back by taking the stick and slamming it into the gut and spine of the champ! Blackman continued by slipping in the Guillotine choke, but as Saturn began to fade, he reached for the stick: slamming it across Blackman to break the hold! A brainbuster on the trash can connected when Al Snow charged for the ring: using Head as a weapon to lay out Perry Saturn! Snow covered, and took the WWF Hardcore Championship!
Al Snow raised Head in one hand and the WWF Hardcore Championship in the other. We had a new champion, and it was neither Perry Saturn nor Steve Blackman! The Knight was no longer and the sword replaced by Head, as Snow celebrated with the mannequin on the rampway, much to the chagrin of his former partner 'the Lethal Weapon'.
In the backstage area Michael Cole was standing by with the Headbangers, who for an unknown reason had requested this time to address the people. Mosh and Thrasher rudely interrupted Cole, telling him that they had been a part of the World Wrestling Federation for four years, and they had been WWF Tag Team Champions. So the question was, where was their opportunities? Where was their time to talk and time to shine? Thrasher then brought up that last night on HeAT, they were humiliated by Too Cool with a dance contest: and their form of dancing made them sick! Mosh challenged Too Cool to a rematch tonight, where they would get the respect they deserved.
Elsewhere Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley was seen in her dressing room, when in walked Kurt Angle. 'The Billion Dollar Princess' greeted Kurt sadly, concerned about the decisions made by her father tonight. She told Kurt that they may not have had the best relationship, and she's glad for her mother, but she was going to miss Vince McMahon's leadership on RAW and SmackDown! Kurt consoled her, and it appeared as though the King of the Ring was about to close in on hugging Stephanie when in waltzed Mick Foley! 'The Hardcore Legend' joked that he didn't want to interrupt at an awkward time, but he was looking for Triple H. He also congratulated Kurt on becoming number one contender, telling him that Rock was going to love ripping him to shreds "on the stick!" Foley was about to leave when he remembered why he walked in to begin with: telling Stephanie to let Triple H know he had a match against the Undertaker tonight! 'The Billion Dollar Princess' questioned him, but Foley left wishing them the best of luck!
K-Kwik was seen in downtown Manhattan, New York. Surrounded by the people on a crowded street, he talked about the disrespect that the black man gets in today's society. You see opportunity after opportunity being handed to the wrong guy. He proclaimed it to be a discrimination, and a disrespectful slap in the face of true talent, true power. And that power was yet to be seen, but it will be. He claimed that he was going to take all of the opportunities, and take all of the glory for himself. He was going to walk into the World Wrestling Federation and open doors for himself, and himself only!
3) Too Cool vs The Headbangers never started (0:00) Last night on Sunday Night HeAT the Headbangers were overheard by Too Cool, complaining about the lack of respect that they had been receiving. A match took place, but it was dominated by an impromptu dance contest between the two teams, which saw Too Cool ultimately walk out the victors. Tonight Mosh and Thrasher were determined to earn respect against Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay, but before the bell sounded, the Headbangers instigated another impromptu dance contest to prove themselves! The two danced to their theme music with the moves you would see in a mosh-pit, causing the crowd to laugh and boo in hysterics. Despite the reaction the metalheads appeared pleased with their own performance, opening the floor to Too Cool - who also found their opponents' routine ridiculous. The lights dimmed red, and the two got ready with their shades on, when X-Pac and Road Dogg slipped into the ring, jumping Too Cool from behind!
Following the issues faced by D-Generation X last week, Too Cool were once again being jumped by X-Pac and Road Dogg! Mosh and Thrasher left the ring with smiles on their face - this appearing to all be a part of a set-up orchestrated by DX! X-Pac and Road Dogg put the boots to Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay, when Rikishi came stomping out to the ring to support his boys! 'Big Kish' stepped inside, where he laid waste to both members of D-Generation X: a Samoan drop to X-Pac, and a super kick that took Road Dogg from the ring! Rikishi helped Too Cool up to their feet, with X-Pac and Road Dogg fuming over Rikishi sabotaging their ruse!
Kevin Kelly was standing backstage with the Hardy Boyz and Lita ahead of their tag team grudge match with T&A later tonight. But first Kevin complimented Lita on her recent change of persona, and pondered if she had her eyes on the WWF Women's Championship at some point. Before Lita could answer, Trish Stratus showed up to tell Kevin that he was wasting his own time: because Lita had the personality of a fish tank compared to her brilliance. Lita wanted to throw a punch right there and then, but Jeff restrained her as Matt asked Trish if this was another ambush, because they were ready for whatever her boys could throw at them. Stratus giggled, brushing Matt's chin and telling him that he was cute. She said they could make great additions to her cabinet, which only incited Lita further. Trish seductively strutted away, telling the trio that she would see them in the ring.
Meanwhile the Dudley Boyz were seen marching the corridor. D-Von and Bubba Ray were not in any mood for games, with the WWF Tag Team Championship on the line against Edge and Christian moments away. But the Dudleys were packing wood in the form of a table - they were out for retribution for last week. The titles are on the line, next!
We returned to a shot of Times Square, where inside of WWF New York the APA were seen seated in the dining and restaurant area enjoying the fine cuisine in the center of an ecstatic crowd on hand watching RAW is WAR. Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler asked Bradshaw and Faarooq about how they were enjoying WWF New York, and the co-founders of the Acolyte Protection Agency responded receptively. But as much as they love New York City, they can't wait to get back and beat B&B Security's asses out of the protection business! Faarooq surveyed the people around them about who the better agency was: APA or B&B, and the fans chanted for the APA! J.R. and 'the King' wrapped things up, wishing the APA a great evening.
Back live in the building Edge and Christian made their way down to the ring for their unexpected WWF Tag Team Championship defense, on a whirlwind of a night with the newly appointed WWF Commissioner Mick Foley making this match. The Canadians greeted all of their fans in San Jose, before Edge sucked up to their new Commissioner. He claimed that Mick Foley was a heck of a guy, calling him one of the boys and someone that strongly believed in E&C as the best tag team in the WWF today! Christian then followed up in their sucking up, telling Mick that they knew he was watching, and they would not let him down against the Dudley Boyz tonight. The Dudley Boyz immediately responded, making their way to the ring with a table in hand. They were here to take the titles!
4) The Dudley Boyz def. Edge and Christian (c) by count-out; Edge and Christian retain the WWF Tag Team Championship (5:11) Last week on RAW is WAR, the Dudley Boyz were in action against Fangin' and Bangin' Inc. in a number one contender's match to determine who would face Edge and Christian for a shot at the WWF Tag Team Championship. The champions would instead interfere in the match - ruled a no-contest - and when it was over, Edge and Christian delivered a sickening chair sandwich that bruised the ribs of Bubba Ray Dudley. This move - the Conchairto - prevented us from finding a new pair of number one contenders: until Mick Foley came along. The Dudley Boyz were here for revenge, and sent Edge careening over the top rope. They wanted this match over quickly, a 3D in store for Christian until Edge tripped Bubba Ray. The WWF Tag Team Champions went right to work on Bubba Ray, focusing their attack on the ribs of the older half-brother; while D-Von tried to rally San Jose Arena behind Bubba. He finally responded with a flapjack to Christian, before tagging in D-Von who ran wild on the champs! D-Von and Bubba got into a free-for-all with the champs, when Edge and Christian soon broke free and bailed from the ring! They grabbed their titles and left the ring - getting themselves counted out to thunderous boos from the crowd.
These people wanted to see new WWF Tag Team Champions crowned, but Edge and Christian rubbed their titles high and in the face of the furious Dudley Boyz. The Canadians had outsmarted the Dudleys and gotten away unscathed, when all of a sudden pyrotechnics went off behind them, and out walked Kane! 'The Big Red Machine' was not finished with Edge and Christian, as the two backed down towards the ring in a state of panic! They were greeted by the Dudleys behind them, as Bubba Ray sent Christian into the steps; then shoving D-Von and demanding he get the tables! With Kane watching, the table was set up in the ring, where D-Von placed Edge across the table before passing Christian up to Bubba: for a huge powerbomb from the second rope through Edge: through the table! 'The Big Red Machine' watched on from the rampway, surely proud of what he did. And as for the Dudleys? They may not be the new champs as expected, but they sure got revenge on Edge and Christian tonight!
In the backstage area D-Generation X discussed their distaste for Too Cool, and not to mention how Rikishi had stuck his big fat nose where it didn't belong! X-Pac was disgusted by Grandmaster Sexay as a person: wearing goggles all of the time, dressing the way he does. The man was a misfit! Road Dogg shared that sentiment, telling X-Pac that he knew full well what was down with the kids. And Scotty 2 Hotty's straw hair? That wasn't it. But tonight, Road Dogg was going to show Rikishi what DX were all about. Kicking ass, and taking names. X-Pac laughed, telling Road Dogg that when they derail Rikishi, Too Cool were next.
Elsewhere the WWF Champion The Rock was seen making his way down a hallway: 'the People's Champ' seemingly on his way to the ring. It was expected that 'the Great One' was here tonight to address his newly named number one contender come Fully Loaded - Kurt Angle - and the Rock looked to be ready to do so, next!
Back live on RAW is WAR, The Rock had the people on their feet as the World Wrestling Federation Champion paced his way down the rampway. An electrifying atmosphere overcame the San Jose crowd, as 'the Great One' took to each of the turnbuckles to show off the prize that the Rock would be defending in under two weeks time at Fully Loaded. 'The Brahma Bull' was showered in chants of "Rocky" when the Rock declared that finally he had come back to San Jose. He talked about how the World Wrestling Federation was upside down on Mary-J. You had Vince McMahon running his mouth, crying like a little baby. And the Chairman took his grapefruit-sized balls, and he got in his limousine and went home. And while Vince treats Linda to a good go-around day and night, and they go about making babies: he wanted 'the Genetic Jackhammer' to remember one thing: he was still the biggest assh*le walking God's green Earth! Next you had Shane McMahon, also crying like a little bitch. Next, you had Shawn Michaels in his queer little bottomless-chaps, walk in and name Mick Foley as the Commissioner of the WWF. And you know what the Rock had to say on the matter? From one-half of the Rock 'n' Sock Connection to the other: Just Bring It!
The fans were eating up every word Rock had to say, before 'the People's Champ' turned his attention to Fully Loaded. He talked Kurt Angle, and how he was the fastest rising star this company had ever seen. Olympic Gold Medalist, WWF European Champion. WWF Intercontinental Champion, King of the Ring. But if anyone in the right mind thought that Kurt Angle had even a fraction of a chance of becoming WWF Champion, they had another thing coming. Rock talked King Kurt, the virgin 'American Hero': wanting to enjoy the Cinderella story of getting to go to the ball with the Rock. Well without a shadow of a doubt, the Rock wants Kurt to put on those slippers he likes so much, and show Rock those meddles. Shine them up real nice, and stick them straight up his candyass! The Rock was ready to continue, when Kurt Angle made his way out to the ring, none too happy with the comments made by his opponent come Fully Loaded. The Olympic Gold Medalist stepped into the ring and smiled through the insults: telling Rock that he was very funny. It was almost as funny as how many times it took him to beat Triple H to reclaim the WWF Championship! But not him.
Kurt reminded Rock that this time last year, Rock was still coming off of his loss at WrestleMania XV. He lost the WWF Championship to Stone Cold Steve Austin. And where was the Olympic Gold Medalist? He hadn't even made his debut yet! Kurt told Rock that he has accomplished more in his eight month career here in the World Wrestling Federation than the Rock could count, it's true! Angle was smug, but Rock lowered his sunglasses and asked Angle if he was ready. Because when it comes to the people that Kurt Angle has faced, the Rock is not one of them. Last Thursday on SmackDown! he beat Chris Jericho, he beat Kane, and he beat Chris Benoit. But the Rock saw the yellow-belly cowardice that possessed Kurt's pure being, as he backdoored his way in to become the number one contender. And at Fully Loaded, the Rock wanted Kurt Angle to look him in the eyes, and to make sure he wasn't looking at the People's Stroodle: he wanted King Kurt to realize what he was in for. When he goes one-on-one with 'the Great One', this will not be the 1996 Olympics. This won't be becoming the WWF Eurocontinental Champion. This won't even be winning King of the Ring. This will be the Rock kicking Kurt's monkey-ass all over Texas, if you smell what the Rock is cookin'! Angle glared at Rock with disdain, as he raised and eyebrow and departed the ring; the main event set and in motion in thirteen days.
In the trainer's office we saw Eddie Guerrero once again, being checked over by the trainer. The former WWF European Champion had fallen on hard times with his separated shoulder, as 'Latino Heat' groaned and slapped the hands of the trainer away in agony. Eddie scolded him for being so heavy-handed. Chyna entered the room with her arms folded, telling Eddie she didn't need his help tonight. Guerrero got up and angrily told 'Mamacita' that he wasn't going to let Lance Storm force his lady around like that! After everything he's done! Chyna tried to assure her fiery boyfriend that he would get him when he got healthy: which is soon, so long as he doesn't aggravate his shoulder! Chyna, annoyed, told Eddie to focus on rehabbing the shoulder first and left. This gave 'Latino Heat' something to think about.
Too Cool were in the backstage area, visibly still feeling the effects of their ambush courtesy of D-Generation X earlier tonight. Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay groaned, when Rikishi opened the locker room door: he told Too Cool he would do this alone, leaving them behind. 'Big Kish' was set for action in impromptu fashion against Road Dogg, coming up next!
Back live on RAW is WAR, Road Dogg made his way out to the ring with X-Pac in tow, set for action with the 400-pound Rikishi tonight. With D-Generation X's ambush on Too Cool earlier tonight in their match with the Headbangers, Road Dogg ran his mouth en route to the ring about how they had gotten the damn deal done against two dancing morons earlier tonight. But this one was a 400-pound piece of garbage! Road Dogg addressed the fans with his catchphrase, concluding with X-Pac telling the people that if they weren't down with that, they had two words for them.
5) Rikishi def. Road Dogg (w/X-Pac) (2:52) Rikishi was in for some trouble facing off with D-Generation X member Road Dogg, the big man with revenge on his mind after running DX away from a beatdown focused on his allies Too Cool earlier tonight. And with X-Pac at ringside, 'Big Kish' was sure to try and take care of X-Pac before the bell even sounded. It allowed Road Dogg to jump Rikishi, but despite the tag team specialist's efforts, the size of Rikishi meant that he could not lift the Samoan super heavyweight. Rikishi took control, but with X-Pac as persistent as he was, Road Dogg continued to attack with his back turned. A chop block grounded him, and Road Dogg's Shakin' knee drop scored him a near fall. The hard-headed Samoan endured a seemingly endless streak of strikes from the Shake, Rattle 'n' Roll, and when Road Dogg attempted to hit the ropes Rikishi ploughed him with a big superkick! The agile big man dragged him towards the corner for the Banzai Drop when X-Pac climbed onto the apron - Rikishi decking him too! A Banzai Drop connected, squashing Road Dogg for the three count.
Rikishi had scored the win against Road Dogg, despite the outside interference from X-Pac tonight following D-Generation X's attacks on Too Cool earlier tonight. Rikishi climbed up to his feet from the chest of a motionless Road Dogg, while X-Pac looked on from ringside yelling at Rikishi for managing to get the job done. He and the 400-pound Samoan exchanged words, but X-Pac decided to leave with a hurting Road Dogg rather than fight 'Big Kish'.
In the locker room Crash Holly was seen polishing the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship and even speaking to it. 'The Houdini of Hardcore' noted that this was much better than that stinky old WWF Hardcore Championship belt - he could get some sleep and wear the gold without the worries of the 24/7 rule - as well as polish it! Crash picked it up when WWF Intercontinental Champion Chris Benoit entered the room, telling Crash that he was really was pathetic. Crash shoved 'the Rabid Wolverine' telling him that those sounded like fighting words; the eager Elroy Jetson lookalike raising his fists causing Benoit to laugh. 'The Canadian Crippler' told Crash to face him in the ring. Champion against Champion! Benoit left, Crash livid.
We returned to see Triple H and Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley having a war of words, with 'the Game' angry at his wife for only now bothering to tell him that he had a match with the Undertaker tonight! He asked 'the Billion Dollar Princess' how she didn't think to let him know sooner, but she pleaded with her husband that she didn't want to upset him! Triple H quipped that it definitely upset him, he's got half an hour to prepare for this match. 'The Game' stormed out, cursing Mick Foley's name while Stephanie shook her head in sadness. Moments later Kurt Angle entered the room, the Olympic Gold Medalist asking Stephanie if she saw what the Rock had called him: he was no virgin! Angle noticed that she was on the verge of tears, pulling her in for a hug of assurance.
6) WWF Intercontinental Champion Chris Benoit def. WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Crash Holly (3:41) 'The Rabid Wolverine' did not think too highly of the new WWF Light Heavyweight Champion as evidenced moments ago when he walked in on Crash Holly polishing and talking to his newly won prize. The WWF Intercontinental Champion even laughed at 'the Houdini of Hardcore's feisty efforts to go at it with him in the locker room area, bringing us to this match. Crash immediately ducked high and low from Benoit's attempts at an attack: a baseball slide followed by a bulldog actually giving Crash a near fall. Holly followed up and wanted to put Benoit away early with an inside cradle, but Benoit fired out and clubbed him to put Crash in his place. A gutbuster gave him a near fall, as did a German suplex: but the months of enduring the 24/7 rule in the WWF Hardcore Championship division had made Crash resilient to Benoit's onslaught. Holly soon fired up from a surfboard, and a backslide gave him two! Crash then climbed up to the top rope for a high risk attempt, when Benoit came from beneath with a big powerbomb! Benoit climbed up to the top himself: and the Diving Headbutt gave the WWF Intercontinental Champion the three count.
Chris Benoit was the winning champion in this battle of title holders, but the WWF Intercontinental Champion did not appear to be finished with the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion. 'The Rabid Wolverine' picked up his title and sized Crash Holly up for a shot with the gold, when Tazz ran down to the ring! 'The Human Suplex Machine' locked Benoit in the Tazzmission, causing Benoit to tap out in a panic: Tazz an incensed man after getting jailed by Benoit on two separate occasions! Benoit was tapping, but Tazz refused to let go of the deadly hold!
In the backstage area Edge and Christian were lounging in a pair of La-Z-Boy reclining chairs, talking about taking the edge off after their match with the Dudley Boyz earlier tonight. The WWF Tag Team Champions goofed around that D-Von and Bubba Ray may be tough to beat, but compared to them they about as idiotic as the entire village of Dudleyville! Edge joked that they should go and visit to believe it for themselves, when Commissioner Mick Foley showed up behind them. 'The Hardcore Legend' told the brothers that they were right, they were real smart. They really pulled one over on him, but what he really wanted to see was try and pull one over on his old butt this Thursday on SmackDown! against the Undertaker and Kane, in singles action! Foley strutted away singing that E&C could do it, leaving E&C baffled!
7) The Hardy Boyz (w/Lita) def. T&A (w/Trish Stratus) (4:55) The budding rivalry between the Hardy Boyz and T&A was set to continue tonight on RAW is WAR, with Jeff and Matt coming off of a tough loss to D-Generation X last week on SmackDown! all thanks to the flirtatious ways of Trish Stratus. Lita and Trish had no love lost between them either, as Stratus smiled mockingly towards the tomboy from across the ringside area. Jeff and Matt looked to battle Test and Albert's size with speed early, but a big boot from Albert enabled T&A to take control of Matt, isolating him away from Jeff. While Jeff had the crowd behind Matt, he struggled to get away from the lumbering enforcers as Test came off the top rope with a diving elbow drop for a near fall! Albert connected with a splash for another near fall, when he attempted a second one just for Matt to move, allowing Jeff to make the tag! The rainbow-haired youngster ran in and took care of both of T&A with a pop-up dropkick, before hitting a hurricanrana on Albert! Poetry in Motion on Test connected, when Albert came back with a big clothesline knocking Matt to the floor. Test followed him out, while Albert pounded on Jeff: the Baldo Bomb coming but reversed into a sunset flip: Jeff using all of his body weight to roll up Albert for three!
The Hardy Boyz had beaten T&A in their latest encounter, and Albert was in disbelief! Jeff was joined by Matt and Lita in the ring where they had their hands raised, when Trish Stratus vengefully jumped Lita from behind! She put the boots to the redhead, when the Hardys surrounded her and pulled a now-frightened Trish off of their friend. Trish tried to slap Matt just for him to block it, but all of a sudden T&A attacked the Hardy Boyz! Test hammered Jeff in one corner while Albert blasted Matt in the other: but an Irish whip attempt caused T&A to butt heads in the center: dropkicks ridding T&A from the ring! Trish was panicked alone with the Hardys again, when Lita came from behind to rip the shirt off of Stratus! Trish bailed fast with her bra on display, while Lita swung the shirt around over her head: a big night for the Hardys!
Commissioner Mick Foley was backstage talking to Tony Garea about the time he fell off of Hell in a Cell, but the longtime veteran turned road agent was confused by which time 'the Hardcore Legend' was referring to. Mick told him that he'd lost count too. All of a sudden Shane McMahon stormed up to Mick and called him out on his decision-making tonight. He should be the man in charge, not Mick Foley! He stacks the odds against Triple H - that's fine, he can take it. But Edge and Christian? Shane asked Mick if he had lost his mind, but Mick simply smiled back at Shane and told him that now he knew how it felt. Foley wished Shane luck, walking away leaving Shane confused and irate!
Elsewhere the Undertaker was revving his motorcycle engine before riding off for the ring, as the main event approached. Outside of the McMahon-Helmsley dressing room stomped Triple H - now prepared for 'the American Badass' - with a reluctant Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley not far behind him. There were no words spoken, with 'the Game' focusing with his eyes on the prize. A blockbuster main event was coming up next when the Undertaker meets Triple H!
8) The Undertaker def. Triple H (w/WWF Women's Champion Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) by disqualification (5:41) 'The American Badass' had a lot to be miffed at the McMahon-Helmsley Faction about, or what was left of it at least. He returned back at Judgment Day to continue the score he had with Vince McMahon, and it almost cost him his brotherhood with 'the Big Red Machine' Kane. But tonight, with Triple H thrown into the doghouse by newly appointed Commissioner Mick Foley: 'the Game' had to fight 'the Deadman' in tonight's main event. It had been a big, chaotic night on RAW is WAR, as the two brutes started off with hard strikes exchanged. The Undertaker was in the lead at first, cornering 'the Cerebral Assassin' with strikes but Triple H came back after a shot low. He ran Undertaker off the ropes and got a leaping clothesline in return! Undertaker continued to hammer 'the Game' until a sudden Harley Race knee strike took 'the Deadman' down. Triple H now went on the attack with brutal fists across the temple and cranium of Undertaker, and he even choked him with his boot in the corner. Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley smiled for the first time all night from ringside, as a sleeper hold kept 'the American Badass' down, until Undertaker rose from the dead! Undertaker dropped 'the Game' across the top rope from a fireman's carry and delivered a big boot, before looking to finish this with a Chokeslam: and when Edge and Christian hit the ring to attack the Undertaker!
The crowd booed loud in San Jose, as the WWF Tag Team Champions had sabotaged this WrestleMania-worthy main event! Edge and Christian, visibly not happy about the singles matches set for SmackDown!, attacked the Undertaker with rights but 'the American Badass' managed to clear them from the ring! But 'the Game' came from behind with a low blow to the Undertaker, as Edge and Christian gathered steel chairs. It looked as though another Conchairto was on the way, when the lights went out: and Kane made his way down the rampway through hellfire and brimstone! Undertaker managed to fire back once again on the champs, as 'the Big Red Machine' climbed inside to join the fray!
The Brothers of Destruction went at it with Edge and Christian in the ring, while Triple H cowered out to the floor to grab his signature sledgehammer: prevented by Chris Jericho! Y2J wasn't even known to be in San Jose Arena tonight, but he snatched the sledgehammer away from the man that cost him the number one contender's match last week: Y2J tackling Triple H with furious rights on the floor! Inside, the Brothers of Destruction delivered stereo-Chokeslams to Edge and Christian, and Kane set off his pyrotechnics to a loud applause. The Brothers of Destruction were not to be messed with, whereas the bad blood between Y2J and 'the Game' continues!