Post by TheHitmanKid on Oct 28, 2019 14:33:24 GMT -5
This thread has evolved from asking questions of Bill in time for Ringside Fest to interacting with Steve from Mattel (Action Figure Attack) in what can only be described as the greatest impromptu Q&A in the history of our sport board.
If you wish to participate, we ask that you please keep in mind that trolling is not acceptable here. Don't even bother with responding to trolling, fighting, bitching, complaining, name calling etc. because you will be banned in an instant.
ADMIN NOTE: THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY WARNING REGARDING THIS AND INSTANT BAN TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO RUIN THIS THREAD.
Please be decent, we really do not want to ban anyone and really will not be happy if this thread has to be cleaned up again.
Shout out and big thanks to Steve a.k.a. AFA for answering everyone's questions!
Thank you, JS.
NOTE: My apologies, I may have mistakenly deleted an AFA reply when cleaning up the trolling/fighting earlier. JS
Post by rkmo: Mandatory Choice on Oct 28, 2019 15:25:11 GMT -5
Can you comment on the numbers produced for the Ghostbusters figures and whether what has been found at Walmarts are all we should expect to see? I know distribution is out of Mattel's hands, but can you speak to the timing these were meant to be released or how the numbers produced and sent compare to, say the HBK Flashback series?
Post by One Punch Reigns on Oct 28, 2019 18:37:26 GMT -5
Barring any "When will X come out" inquiries:
- Are former WWE stars who are now employed by the Performance Center eligible for flashbacks? Red Rooster and Scotty 2 Hotty have been done and both are Performance Center trainers.
- Same with backstage talent? The Hurricane and Road Dogg come to mind but what about Michael PS Hayes or even another Michael Cole (Mania 27 please)
- Will BaFs continue in certain lines/waves and if so will they be more suited characters (JJ Dillon, Howard Finkel) or something like the WM 36 Danny Davis?
- What goes into planning a belt pack like the ones RSC has? Could it potentially be used as a means to bring out classic belts like WCW or multicolor strapped WWE belts (Yellow IC, purple Winged Eagle, gold IC, etc.)
- What factors go into deciding which figure gets a chase variant in a wave? Is it based on attire variety or doubts if a particular character will sell?
- Personal question: Is there a particular era you like designing figures from the most(Golden era, New Gen, Attitude, etc.)?