Need help deciding if I should use the fat torso or the dusty torso for a ra custom adonis, I want it to be from his pre-adorable days. Also any suggestions for a head scan to use?
I'm having the same problem as you with deciding on a torso for an RA Morishima. The thing is, I think the Dusty / Bigelow torso works better for him, but the arms on that torso are NOT correct at all. My suggestion would be, if you could, using regular RA arms on the Dusty torso. I'm not very good at the moment with torso cracking and stuff, but I hope to be some day. That's probably the way I would go. As far as the head goes, here are few options:
With that said, I need some of your guys' advice on his attire before I proceed any further:
1) Should I paint on his arm sleeve? and is their a logo on it? (I want to make his illegal green elbow pad, so did he ever wear the arm sleeve while using the green elbow pad?)
2) Is it inaccurate to leave his elbow pad black? From the match that I watched, it was red.
3) What Chinese character(s) is on his wristband? I've looked on Google and can't find a good reference.
4) What type of boots should I use? I was thinking between Ziggler's or kickpads, whichever one is more accurate (unless there's a better alternative)
Any is help is much appreciated!
1. His arm sleeve is any color to match the color of his trunks. There is a black/white star on top of every one of his arm sleeves on the side of his bicep. I'm sure he wore it when he was still using the green elbow pad.
2. He switches up from black, red, and most recently a black and green elbow pad. Any color elbow pad will be accurate.
3. His wrist cuff has "Misawa" in Japanese.
4. Get a cheap DA figure. Cut off the boots. Drill a hole in it, and attach it to the Mattel figure. If not, just use regular boots and sand off the laces. He wears medium sized boots, so regular boots are perfect.