Yuui's 'Current Top Ten Anime Series' 1 Jan 29, 2006 19:51:11 GMT -5
Post by kinglear on Jan 29, 2006 19:51:11 GMT -5
As of January 29, 2006
A simple prerequisite of activity is required of a show. Thusly, series that have ended, unfortunately, do not qualify.[/center]
10. 'Love Love?'
- What is there not to adore of a show about the love between young adults and children? Perversion is fun!
9. 'Yakitate!! Japan'
- I would never have discovered this well-done series if it weren't for Jeff's perverse avatar. ;D
8. 'Ichigo 100%'
- Hey now, let us not be too critical of my lower selections! Certainly, Ichigo 100% is a simple drama, but it's about filmmakers, and who could resist that premise?
- In a much different key than 'Evangelion', GENEON Entertainment produces the sequel to an anime of the same title minus the '2'.
- Shut up. THE END.
4. 'Amaenai de Yo!'
- Yes, it is a bit "Ghost Whisperer"-like, but it's a fun show (unlike Mushishi) with a great opening theme. Ikke!
5. 'Naruto' (Japan)
- Even with eleven more episodes (weeks) of filler, it is one of the few shows in all of television that I remain a loyal and critical viewer.
3. 'Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora'
- No, I didn't rank this show high simply because a primary character has the name "Yuuichi." However, having such is not at all a detriment.
- If you don't like 'Karin', you don't like life.
1. 'Paradise Kiss'
- Sure, I said "current", but in homage of its recent end, I thought it would be appropriate to express just how much I adored this gem.
Honorable Mentions: 'Bleach', 'Kashimashi', 'Blood+', 'Honey and Clover: Special L' and 'Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid'
Of course, 90% of these shows aren't near the echelon of 'Evangelion', 'Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex/2nd GIG', 'FLCL', Fullmetal Alchemist', etc., but they are fun, and I like fun.